Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,255 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] (115505 Views)

15 Facts About Ladi Kwali: The Pottery Woman On N20 Note / PHOTO: Meet Nigeria’s Youngest Billionaire, Ladi Delano / Meet Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire, LADI DELANO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Yemiolads(f): 8:53pm On May 11, 2015
Nigerians are going places! This Igbo guy might just end up being UK's next prime minister in the near future. Watchout! http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/must-read-chuka-umunna-nigerian-that.html
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by stevecantrell: 9:06pm On May 11, 2015
mikeczay:
i prefer to be this guy than davido

Nice analogy grin

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by stevecantrell: 9:09pm On May 11, 2015
PBundles:
anonimi:

Jarus and other investment/financial analysts in the house, abeg come and explanate me this story oh.

Is it logical to sell a company with annual turnover of $20 million for $15 million

Thanks!

Um that's not possible to ascertain mainly on annual turnover. Turnover (sales) doesn't say much about the profit margins, which define how efficient a business is being run. I have seen business sold with less and I have seen more. There are other factors.

I'm not a finance guru but its obvious the guy sold it off cheap and he was desperate to get his hands on the cash. Perhaps he had a liquidity crisis and needed to close the next deal within a short deadline.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by 1stola: 9:18pm On May 11, 2015
tohpahz:

Ogah.. what's the problem..??
Somebody is trying to use you to play prank on us... I hate nonsense! Btw, if that's you on your profile, you look cute wink

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by donem: 9:44pm On May 11, 2015
DickDastardly:
Good i keep low profile. If not Dickdastardly would have been all over FORBEs cool

you're mouthed man. i believe u grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 11, 2015
In deed all fingers are not equal, at 24 he was already touching millions, some of us still dy collect money for barbing from our parent at 26 ..hmmm make God help us ooo...Money Must be Made

4 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Pristephnie: 10:05pm On May 11, 2015
DickDastardly:
Good i keep low profile. If not Dickdastardly would have been all over FORBEs cool
tongue
DickDastardly:
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Medunah: 10:12pm On May 11, 2015
hmm, ''joining him soon'' is not by mouth alone
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by koyyess: 10:28pm On May 11, 2015
No be say the guy sabi book like genius o. He just had an idea and baaam! It hit jackpot. Some so called negro geniuses will have their phd at age 12. Yet, they have nothing innovative to show for it. They end up working under this kind of people.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by soji1992: 10:36pm On May 11, 2015
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by sosiqdude(m): 11:27pm On May 11, 2015
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by moonraker(m): 12:42am On May 12, 2015
Just look at his face... angry

Lol pepper has rest.... cheesy grin
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by ewizard1: 2:09am On May 12, 2015
He also didnt start in Nigeria!!! It would have been another story!

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by doe: 4:26am On May 12, 2015
Tinubu boy!!!
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by juwoonn(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2015
danbrowndmf:
If Money talks,i'm tryna hv mine speak like twister.cheesy

Everything we dy face right now go turn story,we will all be rich.
D truth is dat: d bolded is not possible

Not everyone can pay d price
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by zanyzara: 8:54am On May 12, 2015
God bless our hustle.

Meanwhile,take a peep at this hot deal
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 10:37am On May 12, 2015
RickRichards:
He didn't become a billionaire by just 'talking'; he became one by 'doing'. People talk and talk and talk about plans, but when the time comes to implement their plans, they run off like scared chickens. That's one big lesson life has taught me: too many people are scared shitless of taking risks.

Don't mind Nigerian youth. They like forming graduate with worthless paper called certificate..

Tell them to buy a table and sell banana, they will say you are insulting them. Tell them to enter a construction site and gain building skills, they will claim you are looking down on them.

For me, whatever pays the bills is good to go..

4 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 10:40am On May 12, 2015
bettercreature:
He probably has a god father somewhere who is providing all those funds
the only way a young guy can get rich overnight without a god father is through internet
Expecially at the age of 24? its not possible
he might be one of the beneficiary of Nigeria's stolen funds

And what you wrote there is a very good excuse for you to remain poor ?

Smh for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 10:49am On May 12, 2015
anonimi:

Jarus and other investment/financial analysts in the house, abeg come and explanate me this story oh.

Is it logical to sell a company with annual turnover of $20 million for $15 million

Thanks!

Annual Revenue entails all the sales made by the company in a year. He alone knows why he sold such a company. A businessman can still make annual revenue of N100m in a year without owning N100k capital. All he needs is goodwill and suppliers whom he has built trust with. The size of business is better determined by annual profit ( gross or net. )

But I will tell you that Real Estate is a bigger and better business than what he sold off. Maybe he compared both businesses before making the leap.

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by neocortex: 11:19am On May 12, 2015
bettercreature:
He probably has a god father somewhere who is providing all those funds
the only way a young guy can get rich overnight without a god father is through internet
Expecially at the age of 24? its not possible
he might be one of the beneficiary of Nigeria's stolen funds

You can make all the excuse in the world to boost your ego, but you must realise that successful people do not explain away their failures , they tackle them head on.

3 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Nobody: 11:20am On May 12, 2015
Basildvalour:
Flex the money man, you've made it

I am coming!
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by danbrowndmf(m): 11:37am On May 12, 2015
juwoonn:

D truth is dat: d bolded is not possible

Not everyone can pay d price
sure..jus tryna encourage err one...

1 Like

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by redfigure(m): 12:35pm On May 12, 2015
RickRichards:
He didn't become a billionaire by just 'talking'; he became one by 'doing'. People talk and talk and talk about plans, but when the time comes to implement their plans, they run off like scared chickens. That's one big lesson life has taught me: too many people are scared shitless of taking risks.
well, it's true, people are just scared of losing the little they own, sometimes I don't blame them, cause if you don't have a good plan and do your research, you will lose money... Though Rich dad said make your mistakes but at what expense? Make a good plan, minimise your mistakes and a perfect execution.

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by zwar: 12:53pm On May 12, 2015
PBundles:
I applaud achievements in all shapes and forms BUT............................for those who dont know his godfather is Tinubu. Not hating just saying. I have my sources (back in 2009) wont say more, you will have to do the digging for yourself. Nigerians, we are so gullible, from nothing to billionaire in a span of years. Since most are so gullible please show me the address to Santa Clause. ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

Nopes you are wrong dude...Tinubu is not his Godfather..though he is a bit overhyped..most of his worth is est on paper..
All he tried to do about a year or two ago is to set up a deal on political lobbying with Tinubu..nothing else...so insinuations of Tinubu being his Godfather does not tally dude at all....[color=#006600][/color]

Now I know someone will come here to say Im hating, for the record im not, just stating facts people.
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Ben1975(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2015
If he is a billionaire in Naira that's about $5 million (not based on black market exchange rates), that is an achievable goal if one puts their mind to it and perseveres.

Let us all not be all talk and no game! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Mapletraks: 11:34pm On May 15, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://pulse.ng/entrepreneurship/ladi-delano-meet-nigerias-youngest-billionaire-id3743309.html

^^^^^
@OP

Ladi Delano is apparently a dollar millionaire
and NOT a dollar billionaire which is OK... for
a guy of his age.

I have read a T. Harv Ecker book entitled
the Millionaire Mind - and this book will
unleash a change in anyone's brain chemistry
about Financial Literacy [i.e., if you take ACTION
NOW!]

More success to Ladi Delano.
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by kennethkaycee(m): 7:40am On May 16, 2015
Phinity318:
In deed all fingers are not equal, at 24 he was already touching millions, some of us still dy collect money for barbing from our parent at 26 ..hmmm make God help us ooo...Money Must be Made

Naso, brov but it all starts with we as youths to change our PARADIGM
Paradigm is the habitual way of life of people passed down from one generation to another.
Most of us youths do not dare new things, we miss out on great opportunities cos we are afraid.
and FEAR which is an acronym for
F- false
E- evidence
A- appearing
R- real
Only if most Nairalanders will try dig in on every information they come across rather than shout "SCAM" on sight of every details you find here.
This forum was designed to help people, though I'm not saying people with bad motives ain't here.
Well to cut the story short, Nigeria is a homeland full of opportunities, find the right pack for yourself, for pointers, you can read through my topics and if you need guidance, see my signature for my contact.
Thanks for reading and see you at the TOP!

Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by Bola4boy(m): 11:19am On May 16, 2015
Worever, I am the richest person in my village
Re: Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] by kennethkaycee(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2015
Bola4boy:
Worever, I am the richest person in my village

Oba ílú kan grin
It's high time you took up a better challenge, leave your comfort zone.
Join up with me as I'm searching for real goal getters.
Read my posts cool
Happy viewing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jamil Abubakar And Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Kano (More Photos) / Arrest MMM Promoters - House Of Reps To EFCC / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.