Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. (5941 Views)

REVEALED! INEC Awarded 5 Times Of Total Accredited Voters To Wike As Valid Votes / Nyeson Wike In trouble As Card Readers Only Recorded 292,000 Accredited Voters / Lagos Now Has 5.9m Registered Voters –INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by agabaI23(m): 4:33pm On May 11, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Even if it was done by 9pm, INEC authorized it
I salute sir cheesy
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by colossus2: 4:35pm On May 11, 2015
poiZon:

n what happens if it's a stolen pvc?
what actually was d aim of using card readers?
of course a stolen pvc is a genuine pvc but the holder isnt doing what the owner would ve done.
That's why you have party agents at polling booths. Are you gonna blame INEC if any party agent compromises?
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by miccoy(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

No immediately your card is accepted by that reader it means that you have passed accreditation, the incidence form is just to check finger prints that don't read to prove that human beings and not non-humans voted
You're wrong! Accreditation includes both card reading & finger print verification. If the card reader machine reads your voter card but fails to verify your finger print, it is recoded by the machine as "failed accreditation" and this time, you fill the incidence form. Successful accreditation is when the card reader reads your PVC as well as verify your finger print.

Finger print verification is to confirm that the card belongs to the owner, which you have hitherto read his/her card.

PS: am one of the INEC official that conducted the general election. I was given. The position of APO/VP.
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by miccoy(m): 5:10pm On May 11, 2015
colossus2:

You know nothing about the Smart Card Reader sir please don't argue.
So long it's an authentic PVC, the SCR counts it as accredited undecided
You're wrong!
Authentic or no authentic, accreditation entails both card reading & finger print verification.

If the card reader fails to verify your finger print, it is recorded by the card reader as "failed verification" at this time, you fill the incidence form to allow you vote since your card had already been successfully read.
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by GogetterMD(m): 5:11pm On May 11, 2015
miccoy:

You're wrong! Accreditation includes both card reading & finger print verification. If the card reader machine reads your voter card but fails to verify your finger print, it is recoded by the machine as "failed accreditation" and this time, you fill the incidence form. Successful accreditation is when the card reader reads your PVC as well as verify your finger print.

Finger print verification is to confirm that the card belongs to the owner, which you have hitherto read his/her card.

PS: am one of the INEC official that conducted the general election. I was given. The position of APO/VP.
So you are one of the ignorant presiding officers? The SCR records both failed and passed verification(fingerprints) after authentication of smart cards. Why does it bring up both passed and failed verification when you query the machine? The result of accredited voters (passed and failed authentication) is communicated(uploaded to INEC cloud servers) after the close of accreditation. Don't get things mixed up. Accreditation is for both those that failed and passed verification.
Consult your INEC manual for more details
Manual accreditation was allowed in all states for the presidential elections @topic

1 Like

Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by colossus2: 5:25pm On May 11, 2015
miccoy:

You're wrong!
Authentic or no authentic, accreditation entails both card reading & finger print verification.

If the card reader fails to verify your finger print, it is recorded by the card reader as "failed verification" at this time, you fill the incidence form to allow you vote since your card had already been successfully read.

When you know nothing, you ask questions you hear undecided
Now answer this question, during collation of results, is the SUM of failed and success counted as accredited?
If a fingerprint authentication fails and incident form is filled, is that card verification counted as accredited?

1 Like

Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by miccoy(m): 6:08pm On May 11, 2015
colossus2:

When you know nothing, you ask questions you hear undecided
Now answer this question, during collation of results, is the SUM of failed and success counted as accredited?
If a fingerprint authentication fails and incident form is filled, is that card verification counted as accredited?
Get me right; I don't care if you're Jega's assistant.

If the card reader is unable to authenticate your finger prints, it records it as "failed verification". At that stage, were you accredited? The answer is "NO." Now, for you to be accredited, you go & fill the incidence form with the PO or APO/VP as the case my be; who then guaranteed you in good faith that your name be ticked by the APO ii.

For "successful verification", the card reader must both authenticate your PVC and verify your finger prints. Simple!!!
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by brightec(m): 7:19pm On May 11, 2015
ok fp
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by GogetterMD(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2015
miccoy:

If the card reader is unable to authenticate your finger prints, it records it as "failed verification". At that stage, were you accredited? The answer is "NO." Now, for you to be accredited, you go & fill the incidence form with the PO or APO/VP as the case my be; who then guaranteed you in good faith that your name be ticked by the APO ii.

For "successful verification", the card reader must both authenticate your PVC and verify your finger prints. Simple!!!
Please halt the confusion and stop misleading people with your confused information. You are absolutely wrong on that. Did you even handle a card reader at all?
Re: Kano Card Readers Recorded 410,000 Accredited Voters - INEC. by colossus2: 8:51pm On May 11, 2015
miccoy:

Continue to twist and deceive yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Okezie Ikpeazu Before He Became Governor / Until You Go Abroad,you May Not Know(opinion) / BREAKING: Labour Party Reacts As National Chairman ‘resigns’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.