Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,476 members, 7,840,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate (741 Views)

There Was Nothing Accidental About Borno IDP Settlement Bombing – Survivor / Osinbajo Meets With Boko Haram Survivor & Her Mother At An Event In Abuja.photos / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by elitehow: 11:47pm On May 11, 2015
26-year-old Abubakar Umar (pictured center) is a survivor of Boko Haram attack. He was shot in both arms in November 2014 in Kano during one of the terrorists attacks.
He graduated with a degree in Petroleum Chemistry at the American University of Nigeria, Yola Adamawa state yesterday May 10th.

“I think I should have died on that day, I could have died on that day. I lost so much blood, there wasn’t any medication. I just saw these people coming out of the bush. They were screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is greatest) and shooting at my car.

At first I stopped because some of them had military trousers and boots but then I noticed their headbands and what they were saying, so I realised they were insurgents. They shot me in my right arm. I continued (driving). I didn’t know where I was going. I just kept on driving. I thought I would reach a checkpoint and report the case. I never met any checkpoint.

I put mud and chicken dung on my head to look like a madman. I removed my shoes and put them in my pocket… (but) I didn’t see Boko Haram. But somehow I think the Lord kept me alive for a special reason and one of those reasons was to complete my degree. I’ve made it and I’ve graduated, so I’m very happy” he said as he picked up his degree.

Elite Tribune
http://www.elitetribune.com/photo-of-boko-haram-survivor-who-just-became-a-graduate

Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by garriboy(m): 11:49pm On May 11, 2015
Wow! Was his education sponsored?
Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by nerodenero: 11:53pm On May 11, 2015
Those bokobastards who shot at him might have died and here is the young man living his life to the fullest. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by nerodenero: 11:53pm On May 11, 2015
Who will answer you now?
garriboy:

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:00am On May 12, 2015
Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by lyntiffany(f): 12:21am On May 12, 2015
that's a good news thank his stars he survived to tell his story in a positive way.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by elitehow: 12:52am On May 12, 2015
garriboy:

Not sure if it was sponsored or not
Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by Vikkie14: 1:28am On May 12, 2015
That's Great. He survives what thousands others couldnt. Not by his power but by the MERCY/GRACE of God. Even in the midst of "turmoil", God will still command "Peace be still", for He will keep YOU and ME in the hollow of His hands.
Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by Mightymanna(m): 1:33am On May 12, 2015
God is great
Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by Vikkie14: 1:49am On May 12, 2015
God SINGLED him out and he was protected and saved.
During the Flood, Only Noah and his family were Singled out and saved.
During wartime, Only Ahab and thore with her were saved and kept alive.
During the time of Persecution, Daniel and the 3 hebrews were delivered from the mouth of lions and the burning fiery furnace.

God will SINGLED ME OUT and saved me because He promise me that "The Numbers of MY Year I shall fulfill."
As BH failed to exterminate this guy's life, so shall the Enemies FAILED over Our Life IJN.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Boko Haram Survivor Who Just Became A Graduate by elitehowcom: 7:06am On May 12, 2015
Vikkie14:
God SINGLED him out and he was protected and saved.
During the Flood, Only Noah and his family were Singled out and saved.
During wartime, Only Ahab and thore with her were saved and kept alive.
During the time of Persecution, Daniel and the 3 hebrews were delivered from the mouth of lions and the burning fiery furnace.

God will SINGLED ME OUT and saved me because He promise me that "The Numbers of MY Year I shall fulfill."
As BH failed to exterminate this guy's life, so shall the Enemies FAILED over Our Life IJN.

AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

Zoning: Buhari Won’t Short- Change Any Section But… — APC Bot Member / I Met My New Wife A Virgin – Oshiomhole Reveals / Jonathan Handing Over Nation In Deep Crisis – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.