Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had (3464 Views)

Woman Divorced For Receiving Blood Donation From Shitte Member (pics) / Nigerian Couple Reconcile 31 Years After They Divorced / Nigerian Man Shares Unclad After-sex Picture Of Himself And Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 12:16pm On May 12, 2015
Beautiful thread

I also do not agree with no 5. But again, saying yes/asking for yes should mean you like what you see smiley

If he has learnt his lessons, why can't he start again with his wife after careful consideration (How would the wife know he has changed?)

Maybe this is the romantic in me talking afterall grin
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by afamgod(f): 12:19pm On May 12, 2015
elantraceey:
If only everyone could read and follow these, marriages will definitely be till death do us path .

The point i love most is forgiveness , when you can't forgive a person , you never truly loved that person .
if only the person could ask for forgiveness
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by afamgod(f): 12:20pm On May 12, 2015
I wish
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Interesting.

@bold: I believe he will have a blissful marriage if he does these and meets the right woman.

The right woman is relative, BK. Anybody can act whichever way they want if they find the right person. The point is the items on this list are total bull. This prescription requires the man to lose himself in the process of pleasing his woman. The internet is replete with women testimonies of men who have done better than this list and have been left in the lurch and vice versa.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 12:41pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

The right woman is relative, BK. Anybody can act whichever way they want if they find the right person. The point is the items on this list are total bull. This prescription requires the man to lose himself in the process of pleasing his woman. The internet is replete with women testimonies of men who have done better than this list and have been left in the lurch and vice versa.

True the right woman is relative and dependent on the man in question.

Ideally both parties should 'lose' themselves in the process of pleasing their mates. It becomes a problem if it becomes one sided. It would be very sweet if the wife also adopts the points. They are not gender specific and would go both ways. If you practically analyze loving marriages around (if you ever get to know the exact workings lipsrsealed), you will see a lot of these there.

I also agree with the bolded and it goes both ways... if a wife serves her head on a plate and the husband is bored, nothing can solve it. If a man places his entire life on the palms of his wifey and her heart is out of the marriage, the man is wasting his time.

That's where the right spouse comes in.

It is well.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 12, 2015
babyosisi:

16) BE FULLY TRANSPARENT. If you want to have trust you must be willing to share EVERYTHING… Especially those things you don’t want to share. It takes courage to fully love, to fully open your heart and let her in when you don't know i she will like what she finds... Part of that courage is allowing her to love you completely, your darkness as well as your light. DROP THE MASK… If you feel like you need to wear a mask around her, and show up perfect all the time, you will never experience the full dimension of what love can be.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151735776813486&set=a.81166678485.79418.696628485&type=1

Tell them oohhh . .. All those men who password their phones. angry angry

I just don't understand what they are hiding . . . IMO, any man who hides his phone from his wife is cheating. ho ha! angry
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:
Beautiful thread

1. I also do not agree with no 5. But again, saying yes/asking for yes should mean you like what you see smiley

2. If he has learnt his lessons, why can't he start again with his wife after careful consideration (How would the wife know he has changed?)

3. Maybe this is the romantic in me talking afterall grin

1. Haven't we read on nairaland time and again about how you should accept people for who they are? Which, in a sense, is true. In fact, now that I think of it, this man in the OP may have attempted, in good conscience, to change/improve this woman and may have well been met with obstinence and resentment from his wife; a factor which could have contributed to the divorce. Never mind that he tried to improve himself in the process, as well, improvements that may have been necessitated by his beloved ex.

2. Because the woman has seen him finish and is bored and will not accept to have him back despite his best attempts at holding the fabric of the marriage together. She wants a shiny new, read mysterious, husband, new wedding etc. This marriage became boring, end of. This man can beat himself upside the head till the laws of physics no longer hold, truth is he's barking up the wrong tree.

3. Oh, definitely, we tend to find out that the reality of relationships differ greatly with our fantasies wink
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Ideally both parties should 'lose' themselves in the process of pleasing their mates. It becomes a problem if it becomes one sided. It would be very sweet if the wife also adopts the points. They are not gender specific and would go both ways. If you practically analyze loving marriages around (if you ever get to know the exact workings lipsrsealed), you will see a lot of these there.

I also agree with the bolded and it goes both ways... if a wife serves her head on a plate and the husband is bored, nothing can solve it. If a man places his entire life on the palms of his wifey and her heart is out of the marriage, the man is wasting his time.

That's where the right spouse comes in.

It is well.

True, I agree. It would only work if both partners were committed to losing themselves to each other, not one of them feeling entitled to the perfect spouse, as this guy seems unlucky to have been saddled with.

The right spouse, in my opinion, is one who understands that their married to a human being and isn't too arrogant to own up to their own shortcomings. wink
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

My father is a woman wrapper!!!

No be him fault, na the witches and wizards wey dey him village.

Sorry, dear. Please take him to TB Joshua, if he could do it for Jim Iyke, this one should be a piece of cake. Stay blessed. :-x
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Haven't we read on nairaland time and again about how you should accept people for who they are? Which, in a sense, is true. In fact, now that I think of it, this man in the OP may have attempted, in good conscience, to change/improve this woman and may have well been met with obstinence and resentment from his wife; a factor which could have contributed to the divorce. Never mind that he tried to improve himself in the process, as well, improvements that may have been necessitated by his beloved ex.

2. Because the woman has seen him finish and is bored and will not accept to have him back despite his best attempts at holding the fabric of the marriage together. She wants a shiny new, read mysterious, husband, new wedding etc. This marriage became boring, end of. This man can beat himself upside the head till the laws of physics no longer hold, truth is he's barking up the wrong tree.

3. Oh, definitely, we tend to find out that the reality of relationships differ greatly with our fantasies wink

1. There should be a degree of acceptance before marriage; only God changes a man/woman (if the person is even willing sef). Most times, the change is not positive. It is more of 'I married a deeper life woman and I want her to turn to beyonce'; 'I married a stingy/traditional man and I want him to start doing chores' bla bla. If a spouse sets to help the other improve in love, they will surely meet with positive feedbacks (exceptions acknowledged).

2. Hmmm! it is the husband that talked about re-marriage bros. Look at it, would you take back a wife you divorced due to infidelity? Can you prove she wouldn't do it again? Can a wife prove her abusive husband would not be anymore if they come back? Only God can say a person has truly changed.

3. Our relationships in truth go the way we both want them to go.

You have stylishly shifted the blame to the wifey. I am sure the man wrote this to acknowledge his faults after a critical look at himself. Not saying the wife was a saint either; sure she will have her own story to tell when she is ready.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

LOLgrin

I and my father are cursed. He doesn't know it yet that is why I am here. I am always there for him, darling cheesy

I'm glad you haven't allowed family issues weigh you down. wink

Justfollowit, it's a tough world. You'll overcome eventually.

How's your day going by the way? wink
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 1:00pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

True, I agree. It would only work if both partners were committed to losing themselves to each other, not one of them feeling entitled to the perfect spouse, as this guy seems unlucky to have been saddled with.

The right spouse, in my opinion, is one who understands that their married to a human being and isn't too arrogant to own up to their own shortcomings. wink

Sure you don't know the couple?

Agree with your post.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

I'm glad you haven't allowed family issues weigh you down. wink

Justfollowit, it's a tough world. You'll overcome eventually.

How's your day going by the way? wink

You clearly have. You should borrow a leaf from my book.

Yeah, the world out there is really tough. I am going to get there someday and when I do. I will not forget to eliminate small minded guys like yourself cheesy

Great! Yours? undecided grin
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:

1. There should be a degree of acceptance before marriage; only God changes a man/woman (if the person is even willing sef). Most times, the change is not positive. It is more of 'I married a deeper life woman and I want her to turn to beyonce'; 'I married a stingy/traditional man and I want him to start doing chores' bla bla. If a spouse sets to help the other improve in love, they will surely meet with positive feedbacks (exceptions acknowledged).

2. Hmmm! it is the husband that talked about re-marriage bros. Look at it, would you take back a wife you divorced due to infidelity? Can you prove she wouldn't do it again? Can a wife prove her abusive husband would not be anymore if they come back? Only God can say a person has truly changed.

3. Our relationships in truth go the way we both want them to go.

You have stylishly shifted the blame to the wifey. I am sure the man wrote this to acknowledge his faults after a critical look at himself. Not saying the wife was a saint either; sure she will have her own story to tell when she is ready.

1. Lol, yes, indeed.

2. Lol. We only have his own take na. He's done the mature thing by accepting his role in the failure of the relationship.

3. Yeah, I agree

Hehehe. Don't mind me, I tend to be unsympathetic to women who subscribe to frivorce.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Sure you don't know the couple?
Agree with your post.
Hehehe. Na my neighbours na. grin
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

You clearly have. You should borrow a leaf from my book.

Yeah, the world out there is really tough. I am going to get there someday and when I do. I will not forget to eliminate small minded guys like yourself cheesy

Great! Yours? undecided grin

Actually, I haven't. You seem to have poor perception skills.

By the time you get there, wherever there is, you'd have realised that my simpleness isn't small-mindedness. Meanwhile, it takes an acute level of small-mindedness to want to eliminate people with a different opinion from yours.

Kids, smh.

My day is splendid, actually.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

Actually, I haven't. You seem to have poor perception skills.

By the time you get there, wherever there is, you'd have realised that my simpleness isn't small-mindedness. Meanwhile, it takes an acute level of small-mindedness to want to eliminate people with a different opinion from yours.

Kids, smh.

My day is splendid, actually.

Well, My perceptive skills has never been faulted. I can't say the same of yours.

Says a man who has been cursed with woman wahala. A man who would rather dispose all his resources on woman wahala than on other issues undecided. Thanks, I will pass grin

Boy-man, SMH cheesy
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

Well, My perceptive skills has never been faulted. I can't say the same of yours.

Says a man who has been cursed with woman wahala. A man who would rather dispose all his resources on woman wahala than on other issues undecided. Thanks, I will pass grin

Boy-man, SMH cheesy

Your second paragraph contradicts your first. Nuff said.

Man-boy sounds better.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

Your second paragraph contradicts your first. Nuff said.

Man-boy sounds better.

Hmmm....Nice try, though it was a failed attempt

You know what your are. You know if not for us, you life would be as empty as a dead's man eyes and as purposeless as a wanderer.

Boy-man is a perfect descriptive tag for you.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 4:32pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hehehe. Na my neighbours na. grin

Ok o

My regards to them
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Lol, yes, indeed.

2. Lol. We only have his own take na. He's done the mature thing by accepting his role in the failure of the relationship.

3. Yeah, I agree

Hehehe. Don't mind me, I tend to be unsympathetic to women who subscribe to frivorce.

You mean divorce?

It takes two to make a marriage work.

1 Like

Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

Hmmm....Nice try, though it was a failed attempt

You know what your are. You know if not for us, you life would be as empty as a dead's man eyes and as purposeless as a wanderer.

Boy-man is a perfect descriptive tag for you.

Nice poetry. I'm out, though. Have fun.
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by 5minsmadness: 4:40pm On May 12, 2015
elantraceey:
If only everyone could read and follow these, marriages will definitely be till death do us path .

The point i love most is forgiveness , [size=18pt]when you can't forgive a person , you never truly loved that person[/size] .
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 12, 2015
Timbuktou:

Nice poetry. I'm out, though. Have fun.

Make sure you use your time judiciously that is worry about other issues, else you may die of ‘Woman Anxiety Disorder' grin.

Good day to you!
Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 12, 2015
bukatyne:
Beautiful thread

I also do not agree with no 5. But again, saying yes/asking for yes should mean you like what you see smiley

If he has learnt his lessons, why can't he start again with his wife after careful consideration (How would the wife know he has changed?)

Maybe this is the romantic in me talking afterall grin

What if she has moved into the hands of another?
That's what I gleaned from the write up
He was doing Anya ura and and the wife moved on then he realized what he had

1 Like

Re: Divorced Man Shares Marriage Advice He Wishes He Had by bukatyne(f): 8:50pm On May 12, 2015
babyosisi:

What if she has moved into the hands of another?
That's what I gleaned from the write up
He was doing Anya ura and and the wife moved on then he realized what he had

He has learnt for next time.

Sad some people have to loose something before they appreciate it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Molest, Beats Me On Christmas Day (photos) / I Took My Wife Phone And Deleted Her Boyfriend Dele's Number And Saved Mine / I Recommend Every Parent Get This For Their Child Or Children!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.