Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,976 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

True Story . . . . Or So They Say - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / True Story . . . . Or So They Say (864 Views)

They Say This Is The Best Love Making Position / What Do People Mean When They Say They Are "In An Open Relationship"? / One Wrong Turn......true Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Story . . . . Or So They Say by ariblaze(m): 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2009
You got to love this guy, This is a true story about a recent
wedding that took place at Clemson University . It was in the local newspaper and even
Jay Leno mentioned it.

It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd.
He said he wanted to thank
everyone for coming, many from
long distances, to support them
at their wedding.

cid:image004.jpg@01C87935.7782D670 cid:image005.jpg@01C87935.7782D670
He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank
his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception.

As a token of his deep appreciation
he said he wanted to give everyone
a special gift just from him.

So taped to the bottom of
everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope.

He said this was his gift to
everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious
of them weeks earlier and had
hired a private detective to tail
them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions
for a couple of minutes, he
turned to the best man and
said, 'F---you!' Then he turned
to his bride and said, 'F--- you!'

Then he turned to the
dumbfounded crowd and said,
'I'm outta here.'

He had the marriage annulled
first thing in the morning.

While most people would have canceled the wedding
immediately after finding out
about the affair, this
guy goes through with the
charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a
300-guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the
bride's and best man's reputations
in front of 300 friends and family members.

This guy has balls the size of
church bells.

Do you think we might get a MasterCard 'priceless'
commercial out of this?

Elegant wedding reception
for 300 family members and
friends: $32,000.

Wedding photographs commemorating the
Occasion: $3,000

Deluxe two-week
honeymoon accommodations
in Maui : $8,500.

The look on everyone's face
when they see the 8x10 glossy
of the bride humping the best
man: Priceless.

There are some things money
can't buy, for everything else
there's MASTERCARD

image006 67.jpg

A Mastercard Wedding

'Life isn't like a bowl
of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you
do today, might burn your ass tomorrow, '
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by Raymond88(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2009
ariblaze:

It was in the local newspaper and even
Jay Leno mentioned it.
Oh so it MUUST be true grin. I read this story long ago, it has many version, it's just an urban legend. wink
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by ariblaze(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
whether it is true ooo

or not it ooo. . .

it makes for a good read and well

shows karma can hit like a bitch
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by drrionelli(m): 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2009
@ariblaze:
So, now we know where you've been hiding out--you've been out researching "payback" stories! Good to see you're still posting!

I don't know.  Maybe it did really happen, and again, maybe it didn't.  Regardless, it would seem very wrong of the fellow to take out his wrath on the parents (who forked over the $32,000 for the wedding) or the guests (most of whom were surely embarrassed to have seen the picture).   It seems to me that the groom, in this case, did far more harm than necessary (and to a lot of innocent people) just to have a good laugh out of the situation.

Yeah, it would make a funny movie scene, but in reality it would display no class at all.
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by SisiJinx: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2009
drrionelli:

@ariblaze:
So, now we know where you've been hiding out--you've been out researching "payback" stories!  Good to see you're still posting!

I don't know.  Maybe it did really happen, and again, maybe it didn't.  Regardless, it would seem very wrong of the fellow to take out his wrath on the parents (who forked over the $32,000 for the wedding) or the guests (most of whom were surely embarrassed to have seen the picture).   It seems to me that the groom, in this case, did far more harm than necessary (and to a lot of innocent people) just to have a good laugh out of the situation.

Yeah, it would make a funny movie scene, but in reality it would display no class at all.

Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by ariblaze(m): 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2009
drrionelli

lol. . . . .your writes loads too

its obvious you have also being absent considering both you and i

are still under 200 posts. .

with respect to the post, yeah i know .it just makes for a good laugh then puts the fear of Cheating into people

@sisi

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by bluespice(f): 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2009
blaze so this is ur new hide out? tongue
so lets see ur already thinking of paback before taking the plunge? shocked shocked
c'mon man we said get real not hate her! lipsrsealed grin grin grin

ok seriously that stor is funny as hell grin grin grin grin grin
imagine the looks on their faces?
gosh! i love taking photographs but such priceless moments are indeed proceless
imagine if i coulda had one camera each for every face
wow! tongue

am sorry wats the topic again?
oh cheating wife
i dunno jare undecided
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by Busybody2(f): 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2009
drrionelli:

I don't know. Maybe it did really happen, and again, maybe it didn't. Regardless, it would seem very wrong of the fellow to take out his wrath on the parents (who forked over the $32,000 for the wedding) or the guests (most of whom were surely embarrassed to have seen the picture). It seems to me that the groom, in this case, did far more harm than necessary (and to a lot of innocent people) just to have a good laugh out of the situation.

I will still say it serves the lady right cool The end justifies the means cheesy
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by spikedcylinder: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2009
Any man that does this to my family will be dumbu'd. Abi is it me that said he should be sexually deficient? tongue
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by ariblaze(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Any man that does this to my family will be dumbu'd. Abi is it me that said he should be sexually deficient? tongue

oh you don have a problem cheating

on your fiance with his bestman just before the wedding but you have an issue

if he exposes you both, i daresay their is noting you or your family can do about it

i daresay their is noting you can do about it, pride damaged and cant be salvaged

funny if the lady decides to get married again, it would be mega low keyed
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by drrionelli(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2009
Busy_body:

I will still say it serves the lady right cool The end justifies the means cheesy
I am certainly respectful of your views.  But, in this case, many innocent persons were involved.  That is wrong.  Bringing embarrassment upon the family (who likely knew nothing of the issue) and compromising the sensibilities of the guests (who probably could not have cared less had they tried) is inconsistent with just treatment of others. 

If anything, the woman was rewarded with the knowledge that she had been able to instigate such a strong reaction in the fellow.  From her aspect, she should feel vindicated that he went to such unnecessarily extraordinary means to make his point.  On the other hand, had he simply confronted her and his "best" man, and then walked away, that would have showed that he didn't feel her to be worth the cost of his time and monetary outlay (and, indeed, she wasn't).  

As I've often contended (and as is quite true in this case), less is more.
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by ariblaze(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2009
drin. . . . .

i kinda think the man dint care about the guests but humilating the woman and the man

yep he went overboard and he did feel pained i believe

dude imagine the charade

your bestman and wife to be haba

if they wanted eachother they should have gotten married

me blame the best man more. . . . .he betrayed trust
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by Busybody2(f): 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2009
ariblaze:

drin. . . . .

i kinda think the man dint care about the guests but humilating the woman and the man

dude imagine the charade

Exactly, that was his close friend and the woman he gave his heart to, for safeguarding undecided It is people like that, that plan to get the man killed off, to cash in on his life insurance shocked shocked shocked
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by ariblaze(m): 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2009
Busy_body:

Exactly, that was his close friend and the woman he gave his heart to, for safeguarding undecided It is people like that, that plan to get the man killed off, to cash in on his life insurance shocked shocked shocked

abi oooo
Re: True Story . . . . Or So They Say by drrionelli(m): 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2009
ariblaze:

drin. . . . .

dude imagine the charade

Indeed.  The fact that he didn't care about his guests is obvious.  And, knowing how he felt because neither his fiancee nor his best man cared should have been reason enough for him to be more considerate of others not directly involved.  After all, those guests were there to show happiness and support for both of them.

As far as blame goes, let's not put too much on the best man.  After all, it does take two to tango.

Now, lest it be thought that I'm taking all this too seriously, let me state that I'm not. As I say, the scenario would make a funny scene in a motion picture. But, in the real world--not so amusing.

(1) (Reply)

For The Ladies Pls! Are U A Take Home Or A Take Away Material! / Is This Love Worth Dying For. / Re: I'm Head Over Heels In Luv Wit A 15 Year Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.