Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> (14718 Views)

Share Your First Driving Experience / #2.20kobo: First Driving Licence My Dad Acquired In 1975(Photos). / Tips For Having A Wonderful Driving Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by macville2: 10:14pm On May 13, 2015
Share yours too cheesy[/quote] Am still 18 my first car mishap was with my friends moms honda baby boy. i had brought money on one occasion dat we used in buyin fuel so he can teach me hw to drive which he did in a field nd a little on a lonely road. Afta dat i neva drove again. so one day he visited me nd i took de car out.when i first enta road i was vry afraid i neva thought i will be. so wen i returned back to my street a hummer bus was comin so i cleared for him so wen he passed i wanted to come out buh i didn't know i cut full so i fell inside gutter buh nothin spoilt.it was de hummer bus guy dat drove it out for me.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 10:27pm On May 13, 2015
lol

twas really funny......
Early last year.. .....
Afta disturbing my dad...
He allowed me to use his Range(but na inside compound oooo)
Drove around the field and he was in the passengers seat showing me all I had to do...
Then we drove around the estate......
Got my drivers license last year.................
orijin101, tosyne2much, kelvingraphics, oya come n tell us ya story
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by bastien: 10:56pm On May 13, 2015
Funny comments

But I will advise newbie to go to driving school, it helps. ... No let your brother, uncle or dad teach you, especially mechanic, unless you wan dey drive like danfo drivers.

The only difficulty for motor na steering

If for share my own experience oh but I reserved am
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by bastien: 10:57pm On May 13, 2015
Spaxon:
lol

twas really funny......
Early last year.. .....
Drove around the field and he was in the passengers seat showing me all I had to do...
how much you take get your license?
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by tosyne2much(m): 10:58pm On May 13, 2015
Spaxon:
lol

twas really funny......
Early last year.. .....
orijin101, tosyne.2much, kelvin.graphics, oya come n tell us ya story
Shamefully I don't know how to drive

*Covers face in shame*
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2015
Spaxon:
lol

twas really funny......
Early last year.. .....
I dont drive.
I flytongue
I don't just fly, i fly so flyyy (PJ) cheesy
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 11:08pm On May 13, 2015
tosyne2much:
Shamefully I don't know how to drive

*Covers face in shame*
cheesy
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 11:09pm On May 13, 2015
bastien:
how much you take get your license?
#6,000
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by optimusprime2(m): 11:09pm On May 13, 2015
Funny enough I never crashed a car when learning how to drive.
I was looking and observing how a car was being driven by drivers basically for a while, and that was it... one day I just summoned up courage to take the car for a spin (lol No one was home though) it was a Peugeout 504 sedan and voila! the rest came easily, I was 14 at the time. though I was stealing the car for undercover movements (Mostly racing with my mates in the neighbourhood- we had a wide road that was deserted in the quarters, that was usually the ground for our crazy stunts and maneuvers), as I was still considered an underaged driver.
But by the time I was 18-19years I was driving buses, trucks, power bikes... driving came easily to me though.
Though I remember some very close shaves, but not blowing my horn, I guess I was just too good a driver, because I loved the adrenalin of close shaves when behind the wheel.
Although my scariest experience in my early driving days was when I was chased by road safety once because I escaped a road check, my main fear was; "what would happen to me if I got caught" because I had no license yet and as usual I stole the car for a spin, basically I would have been barbecued shish, so I drove like crazy and apparently the officers did not give up the chase easily, until I did the mother of all stunts; I sudddenly swerved a 180 and drove against traffic, I am pretty sure the officers applauded that move because they gave up lol... but when I got home that day I kept a low profile for 1 week praying the FRSC peeps didnt register the plate number and trace the car... Fortunately they didnt.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 11:10pm On May 13, 2015
KelvinGraphics:
I dont drive. I flytongue I don't just fly, i fly so flyyy (PJ) cheesy
pics of ur jet or......
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by bastien: 11:24pm On May 13, 2015
Spaxon:
#6,000
choi... .. at where pls
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 11:30pm On May 13, 2015
bastien:
choi... .. at where pls
my dad got it for me..... and that's the price he told me......
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:31pm On May 13, 2015
Spaxon:
pics of ur jet or......

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 11:35pm On May 13, 2015
bastien:
choi... .. at where pls
if u need it fast it could go for 20-30k......
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 11:36pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=KelvinGraphics post=33714995][/quote] if that is ur jet... I will trek from here to sambisa
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Elerineye01(m): 11:59pm On May 13, 2015
Eh! Na one bad memory be dat... ve always wanted to lay my hands on d steering, with dis confidence dats dere is no big deal in driving, considering hw much I ve watched My dad drive.... I visited a frnd dat day, den saw his mum's car running, no one in it, so I just called my frnd from outside and hopped into d car hoping to surprise him wen he cms out and sees me driving... Alas, I crushed d pillar and a part of d gate, leaving d bumper and full light shatterd....

Thank God my frnd lied it was him, but he was almost killed dat night... He was eventually d one dat taught me driving a year later...
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by bastien: 12:07am On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:

if u need it fast it could go for 20-30k......

no o, I'm not rushing it....thanks ma'am
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Tnycee(m): 12:27am On May 14, 2015
Mine was in 2004. I have been watching my dad drive for a while, so one blessed day when he left for PH without his car, I decided to go for a spin. went into his room, dug out the "spare key" and pulled out the BMW 3 series.

I was just swerving in and out of my lane until I got to a very bad hilly road and the car wasnt moving again (was trying to climb a hill with a wrong gear) so i decided to come out and give the car a little push backward.

Lo and behold, the little push turned into a major one cos the car started rolling backwards. i was standing outside, holding the steering and running backwards until the car door hit a tree, a fence and was now fully open at 180 degrees grin. the car stopped. I tried to force the door back to close position, i couldn't. I managed to make it "look closed". I took it home told them what happened. my dad was just "rakking" embarassed embarassed

Everyone pitied me but I told them I wanted to pay for the repairs myself. I did, and since then ive been careful...now we fly on wheels.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by KelvinGraphics(m): 4:55am On May 14, 2015
Spaxon:

if that is ur jet...
I will trek from here to sambisa
I guess you have trekked closed to Sambisa by nowtongue

Oya, pics of ur driving license or.....
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by uchman(m): 6:39am On May 14, 2015
Nneka123:
With my dad at the passengers seat, he kept correcting my mistakes, I lost my focus and almost hit someone lipsrsealed

The next thing I heard my daddy shouting at me saying, "Nneka! Gbawa brake! angry" I started crying, but I noticed that if I was driving on my own, I drive better, and wouldn't have to impress someone by making a lot of silly mistakes, but now I be professional cool

At your age,
You want to tell me that you can drive?

Hope you dey fear God Nneka gbawa break?
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Nobody: 7:29am On May 14, 2015
Midehi:
i learnt mine within 1 week, a honda civic,the guy/friend that taught me was a harsh type, the shouting/bullying all through made me strong,until the day i entered high way,when i saw a big lorry coming behind me,fear gripped me,i almost entered the bush but was told to just maintain my lane that the big lorry is on his own lane..theres no big deal in learning,its just mind.
wow for real? Don't worry, u will soon drive me around.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Nobody: 7:32am On May 14, 2015
I don't have a car. undecided
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Nobody: 7:59am On May 14, 2015
sameer1212:
wow for real? Don't worry, u will soon drive me around.
sure.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by PassingShot(m): 8:09am On May 14, 2015
Yesinde:
chai! Ya bro na nice guy o, if na some Bros ehen, that is more than enough reason for them to send you away from their house or frustrate you so tey u go find ya level by force. Good of him though, afterall everything don bcom story nw

I be him boy nah! grin grin grin
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 8:40am On May 14, 2015
bastien:
no o, I'm not rushing it....thanks ma'am
uwc
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Spaxon(f): 8:47am On May 14, 2015
KelvinGraphics:
I guess you have trekked closed to Sambisa by nowtongue
Oya, pics of ur driving license or.....
..... u drown in the lagoon cheesy
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Trottle: 9:03am On May 14, 2015
I started practising in our compound while still in secondary school after watching my mum and drive for years. I was able to reverser and move forward, for my mind I don sabi drive. The d-day came. I and my dad went out, while returning, he came down and said. come and drive it home shocked I mounted it and drived normally at first, on progressing, the man would shout Abeg no spoil my clutch o, match the brake and so on. I managed to drive it home. I later improved on subsequent ones after being taught by my bro. now, na only trailer I neva drive.
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by anthoniaz(f): 9:22am On May 14, 2015
On my way to pick my hubby last two weeks, I made a wrong turn in my street so I decided to reverse and take another route but unfortunately I hit a fence.

Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by 1dafullymade(f): 9:45am On May 14, 2015
komek:
There is one posted by one guy some yrs back. It was hilarious. Infact the best comment I have read on NL. Ama search and post it here.
This is a comment by donblacky(m) on Aug 03, 2012 11:37am

Read and enjoy.

Well it wasn't me dat it happend 2,but i was in d car too(my co learner)..... It was a frnds driving skool,he offered 2 help me learn,so on dat faithful day,i was bhind d wheels taking instructions 4rm my frnd....but there was dis busybody at d back seat(cos if its nt ur turn 2 drive,u will seat at d bck seat(co learners))d busybody kept on shouting nd also instructing me.lyk he is nw an expert.telling me wat 2 do nd wat nt 2 do.i bcame angry nd came down 4 him 2 drive(even d instructor was angry). So we asked hm 2 drive...he was all excited nd jumped in nd even refused listening 2 d instructor,b4 we knew it,he zoomed off.at 1st he was doing fine,then he increased his speed nd d problem started. We got 2 a bend,he didnt slow down,at 1st i was comfortable tinking he knws wat he was doing,nt until i looked at his face nd saw him sweating nd panting,i tapped d instructor nd held his shoulder...meanwhile d "SABI GUY" was still on full speed nd there was a thick bush in front of us.i nd d instructor sensing dat we were heading 2wards d bush,started shouting"march break,march break". D guy removed his hands 4rm d steering nd bent his head down looking 4 d breaks shouting"wey am wey am wey am". (4 my mind i say"i die well,na who send me ehhhhhh"winkinstructor dey shout "jesus ehhhhhhh"...we just entered d bush wit full speed nd kept on hitting nd falling plants untill we were stopped by a thick plantain plantation....d instructor nd d busybody were slightly injured....when we came down,d instructor gave d guy a very big slap nd heavy kick..but i couldn't do any tin(cos i was shaking all over,nd praising God silently). Mehn 4 two weeks i no near motor,it was d instructor nd my mum dat persuaded me 2 go bck nd continue(4giv my english pls)
I'm in stitches....damn hilarious....especially d part of "wey am wey am wey am"....really funny.....thanx for sharing!
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by 1dafullymade(f): 9:51am On May 14, 2015
Ezeibe:
The first time i drove a car was a day my father died...... I was actually in my room around 9:30 pm on june 3, when my phone rang, that i should come to my dad's room, on getting there, behold had a hearth attack. he was praying and calling God,...... my heart nearly came out of my mouth, i became confused, joined in the prayers, ..... My mum rushed out to look for someone to help us take him to the hospital, by the time she came back, my dad has stopped praying and was gasping for breath....... I couldnt just stay there and watch this great man of God die, i collected the car key, started the car, before i could say jack robertson, i hit the car on the tree........ an also rammed on the gate, people were shouting that i should wait , on the third atempt i came out successfully.... what i drove on the road that night i knew it was only God who helped me..... But after said and done he was pronouced dead on arrival........... Sha i have been driving since then, by his grace
oh dear!...datz really a sad one....may Good God continue to comfort ur family...i want believe he is in a better place.....it is well
Re: Share Your First Driving Experience And Mishap>>> by Homguy(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2015
Rapmoney:
Yeah, I reminisce how it was then to pose with ur papa motor. U would want to show ur friends that u know how to drive a car cheesy. Na wa o!

Oya, make una come in...mayor2013, Eyop, cute2peg, lourash, arinzeasika, Akapela, qmd24, Habiolar, toosoon, empron, Fulaman198, Biolargurl, eshadiamond, UncleJudax, Homguy cheesy
ok. Make I share my own. I had not really mastered controlling the clutch with respect to braking and acceleration but I could move a car then. It was a Pug 504 Gr or so. Packed at our backyard, so you would would have to carefully reverse out to avoid hitting the concrete water tank stand, while avoiding the fence behind.

My uncle who was a mech just brought back the car after working on it, and since papa was not at home, he handed the key to me and left. Immediately, I got into the car started it, raised it, and put it off. Then I did saME again, by this time my younger brother was out and excited that we would go for a ride. I checked the gear pattern on the gear lever ,depressed the clutch, and changed to reverse, released the clutch a little and the car started moving backwards slowly, I hadn't even turned the steering so as to avoid the tank stand behind. As my younger ones were cheering, I got cocky, and decided to move faster, somehow, I left the clutch pedal while further depressing the very soft accelerator, all I knew was the car roared and there was a very loud noise that even attracted my neighbors. I CAME down to see the damage and nearly fainted. The car's back fenders were severely dented as I ran into to concrete holding our water tank, the 2semi curved lights of the peugeout was broken, and the boot lid and plate no area were depressed, the water pipes that serviced people who came to the compound to fetch water was broken so there was a a sudden fountain, worst , that external pipe used same control with that entering the house so we couldn't lock it. All water in the tank gushed out, luckily it was late when pop man came back, he saw the tap, and I lied with the connivance of my younger ones that some street children broke it, he was vexed, and decided the tap would be permanently closed to the public, meanwhile i was crying inside. The next morning was ... I can explain here. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? / Why Is Your Car Making Noise When Reversing? / Hyundai Motors Unveils The New 2019 Santa Fe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.