Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! (78340 Views)

What Really Happened At Lagos State University (20 Aug 2015) / Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / Cult Attack & Poison 17-year-old Student Over Refusal To Join Lesbian Fraternity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by einsteino(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2015
may their soul rest in peace.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by tete7000(m): 8:23pm On May 13, 2015
Hollamydey:
'Afrika' is one of d reason why OAU campus is @peace, may God grant him eternal rest....as 4 his killers one day una go join am, infact their death will be more brutal than his
Are you sure they are not even dead yet? No peace for a wicked man, even if they are alive they have denied themselves peace by choosing a path of perdition.

9 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by ijiini(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2015
...my own aunt was coming from odlt dat night wia she went to study...dey passed beside her...omo c running!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by creekman(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2015
Hmmmnnn. ...Wat a story. All I can imagine is that. those involved in this dastardly act are by now fathers. Holding important positions in d society like Prof. Wale Omale and posing as leaders in 9aija. One way or d other, they'll all pay for their deeds. it's just a question of time. I rest my case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by SailorXY: 8:31pm On May 13, 2015
the rise of internet fraud, ironic as it may sound, went a long way in reducing cultism on campuses to minimum.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 13, 2015
when u survive life in d jungle...b grateful, dnt talk abt it.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by onyxo76(m): 8:34pm On May 13, 2015
that night was a horror movie not acted,boy those cultists were something else....they even had one hefty lady among them ...i still wonder how got in and out of campus...the gate closes at 11 pm and open at 6 am-so how did those guys leave campus ---still a mystery to me.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by 2rivers: 8:39pm On May 13, 2015
I remembered those days. That gory night as I struggled with my roommate for the little space under our bed in Awo as heavy shots rang out in the air outside.
Dawn brought no comfort except the gory sight of splattered blood and brain particles on beds, floors and even sand outside.
The heavy weight of terror and mourning that pervaded the air for days after. So much so a church group had to come to Awo to pray and cast out every "castable" evil spirit.
I remembered the sobering, heart-wrenching yet glorious and memorable candlelight possessions and funeral held for the victims. The fightback of students led by some brave souls, the drama at the judicial commission meetings, the humbling of the once revered Prof. Wale Omole....
So much happened but it is sad that after all these years, no one was punished for this crime. Well. God reigns and He says vengeance is mine, I will recompense. Some so called good men or their children die today and one wonders why, not knowing the evil they committed in the past.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but how well and exceedingly it grinds!
I hope the memory of Africa and others will continued to be preserved...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by charlie009: 8:40pm On May 13, 2015
Didn't want to comment buh let me just chip in,when they approached the SUG presidents room they butched his room mate piece by piece on his bed that night cos they thought it was him in his room.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by stpat1(m): 8:41pm On May 13, 2015
Reminds me of Black Wednesday in Ekpoma.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by msb247(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2015
Can someone just summarize this stuff and lemme know the main points?? angry
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by BlueMagic2(m): 8:48pm On May 13, 2015
boladez:
Hmmm.... My heart goes out to the families of the victims.

This is the reason why people who can afford it should defend themselves and own a gun . Nigeria is a country where if one dies, he dies for nothing. Justice is very expensive and rare! I have witnessed a lot of these cases where a man is killed or molested and the aggressor is left to roam free. If you have money you can buy the police and some few judges. Last year I was following a case of a young man in Lagos who robbed and raped two girls in the same family. He left the mother because she was menstruating. Fortunately they identified him and he was arrested. The Lagos police command was treating the case as a robbery case and was about to charge to court when the AIG took it over and was negotiating settlement with the family. The family was crying for justice!

Wale Omole is still powerful and in the corridors of power...he should be made to explain his role in the loss of innocent vibrant lives.

Though the war on cultism is being won in our universities it has spilled over to the outside and growing like cancer. The culpable people should be brought to justice

If we miss the opportunity of of another new regime to clean up this time, Nigeria is doomed forever and ever!

I feel you on this one. That's why i keep it 100. You come to my place with some BS, you are in for a surprise. I'm definitely not calling the clueless, corrupt, ineptitude Nigerian police
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by stagger: 8:48pm On May 13, 2015
I am sure one of the guys who participated in that hit is now a legislator somewhere, just like Evans Bipi and several other Adventurers are now serving as legislators and kingmakers in Nigerian politics.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by lazsnaira(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2015
Ok
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Lekewatt(m): 8:53pm On May 13, 2015
rheether:
Wole Soyinka, see what you caused..
i can see u r gej cousin.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by erico2k2(m): 8:54pm On May 13, 2015
No gains being in a cult, I have 4 good friends who where cultist, one of them got mad jumped i nto the river from a bridge and died, the other got stroke in swizz,flew back to Nigeria and i don't know if he is still alive ,that was 3 years ago, the other two became pastors as they gave their lives to God and are doing OK
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Femoooo(m): 8:55pm On May 13, 2015
Generalkorex:
What sort of country is this?
A confused country breeding confused people

2 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by hikmojj(m): 8:56pm On May 13, 2015
i could rem dt day....Alhamdulillah for my brother's life

3 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by OYAY(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2015
It was this strike that reduce the activities of cultists in Nigeria institutions because all school management has to turn on heat on the cultists culminating in mass renouncement of members. However,it is disheartening today to discover that cultism is now thriving on the street as against campuses with drivers,touts and okada riders being members;I think government has to be up and doing in order to nip this menace in the bud by strengthening intelligence gathering to boost preventive policing as against the combative or defensive one we are practicing now. I say Rest in Peace to Afrika and co for their sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by 3ace(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2015
Fringes:

Dr 3As of OAU IFE, is that you? I mean is this your Nairaland moniker?

Awon eeyan niyen. Ekun!

Where are you now and how are you doing? * I also read medicine at Ife and the last time I saw you at a' struggle' on campus, you were leading songs and upping the ante during the very first Aluta I experienced as an undergraduate.

HemHem was the president then and I remember you 'vibrating' massively as you rallied the troops that morning. The protests then were over the non-release of results. It eventually ended weeks after in Laketu's death and Olowokandi's brief expulsion.

3As Baba. It was pleasant to hear the you finally got inducted in 2009 or 2010. I doff my hat Chief. Remain strong and please don't sell out.

A lot of then-active unionists have eventually sold out to politicians when unemployment realities probably hit them hard. I found it improbable reading DSM's 2004 Secretary General Candidate * INTERVENTION*, for example, aggressively supporting and endorsing Goodluck Jonathan all over the internet during the run up to the Presidential Elections!

I was shell shocked! A DSM chief endorsing a capitalist and clueless government

*I never participated in Student Union politics but watched it all from the sidelines.*

GREATEST IFE!
Greatest Ife! Gbagba! gbogbo! Chairman, I hail o. I no even know how I go start sef but I for like make I be dat 3ace o cos all dis esa oke wey u don give me dey totori my head already. Seriously, I'm not the 3ace you know. 3ace used this as his a.k.a in school because all his 3 names start with letter "A"(I'm sure you know this). This is what we have in common and I also decided to use it when I joined this site. I'm even bored of the moniker and would like to change it but unfortunately that's not possible. 3ace was a very radical, resilient and fearless activist who will never compromise no matter how hard you try. I can not even recollect any event associated with him right now but he was surely one of the best presidents we had then. So he didn't leave school until 2009? Damn! That must have been so frustrating for him. Anyway, that's what they signed for. I hope he's doing well just like you earlier hoped. How ya side? Hope things dey rosy small small. Pleased to meet you; have fun!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Jfrezzy(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2015
From the look of things ,this guy were from a rich family and that why,dey never got a judgment. Cultist is still running wide in the east .. I hope it will end one day.
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by ojimbo(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2015
they still have to carry that bullshit along to other foreign countries. i wish some of you that have traveled to other countries can see how nigerians are exhibiting their lawlessness and foolishness in the name of practicing cultism
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 13, 2015
2rivers:
I remembered those days. That gory night as I struggled with my roommate for the little space under our bed in Awo as heavy shots rang out in the air outside.
Dawn brought no comfort except the gory sight of splattered blood and brain particles on beds, floors and even sand outside.
The heavy weight of terror and mourning that pervaded the air for days after. So much so a church group had to come to Awo to pray and cast out every "castable" evil spirit.
I remembered the sobering, heart-wrenching yet glorious and memorable candlelight possessions and funeral held for the victims. The fightback of students led by some brave souls, the drama at the judicial commission meetings, the humbling of the once revered Prof. Wale Omole....
So much happened but it is sad that after all these years, no one was punished for this crime. Well. God reigns and He says vengeance is mine, I will recompense. Some so called good men or their children die today and one wonders why, not knowing the evil they committed in the past.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but how well and exceedingly it grinds!
I hope the memory of Africa and others will continued to be preserved...
when tragedy befalls some people, we all sympathize with them not knowing the atrocities they have committed in the past.

Yes God forgives, but there is always a price to pay.

8 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Crispels(m): 9:01pm On May 13, 2015
lofty900:
can't believe I read the whole episode! reminds me of the day cultists drag one final year guy out of the exam hall in broad daylight in our presence and axed him on his head and he died on the spot. Later we discovered that he was also a cultist.

If u r a cultist reading this, the thunder that will fire u is undergoing brainwashing in Yemen

Which school is that??
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by antisocial: 9:03pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=philaw post=33663668]At between 3-3.30am (now 10th July 1999) a large number of cultists (reported to be between 22 and 40) of the confraternity arrived to carry out a preplanned assault on the university with the intention of carrying out the assassinations of several prominent members of the student union. Allegations that these assassinations were sponsored by the university's Vice Chancellor Wale Omole remain to this day but it is unclear if this is the case. It is said "one of the cultists, Kazeem Bello, aka Kato, confessed that Wale Omole had a hand in their July 10 dastardly operation."

Upon arriving at the university the cultists "drove through the main gate and proceeded to the car park next to the Tennis Courts in the Sports Center. They disembarked there and went on foot along a bush path to Awolowo Hall, where they violently interrupted the gyration, firing guns and also wielding axes and cutlasses."

Although the order of the events that followed vary from account to account (in terms of who was killed in what order) it is clear that following the assault 4 people were left dead, another died from gunshot wounds later, one more survived from a gunshot wound and "Twenty-five others received minor injuries, which were sustained during the stampede out of the Awolowo Hall cafeteria and later on during the attack."

The Mirror Online reports "The victims, which included the then Students’ Union Secretary General, George Yemi Iwilade, (fondly called Afrika); 400 level medical student, Eviano Ekelemu; a graduating student, Yemi Ajiteru; 100-Level Philosophy student, Babatunde Oke, and Ekpede Godfrey were gunned down by the “marauding beasts” in Blocks 5 and 8, Awolowo Hall." Prof. Roger Makanjuola writes: "Tunde Oke was still alive but died on the operating table. Four others, George Iwilade, Yemi Ajiteru, Efe Ekede and Eviano Ekelemu, were brought in dead. Eviano Ekelemu bled to death from gunshot wounds to the groin and thigh. The other three died from gunshot wounds to the head."

During the attack several accounts state the members were heard to be "shouting, “Legacy, come out!”" referring to the suspended Students’ Union President, Lanre Adeleke. Additional targets of the attacks are described also. Prof. Roger Makanjuola's account states the same and he also writes: "During the course of the incident, the attackers also shouted the names of “Afrika”, George Iwilade, and “Dexter”, the Chief of the Kegites, demanding that they come out."

Of the targets of the massacre Lanre Adeleke (Legacy) managed to escape by jumping from a balcony after hearing the gunfire. “Dexter”, the Chief of the Kegites, also escaped unharmed. George Iwilade (Afrika), the Secretary-General of the Students’ Union and a Law student was not so lucky. Upon entering his room the "shot him immediately in the head. Then they smashed his head with their axe to make sure he was dead".

It is reported George Iwilade (Afrika) was the only successfully assassinated victim. "Afrika, who was said to have carried out the arrest (relating to the incident on Saturday, 7 March 1999), was mercilessly butchered while the other four were just unfortunate victims"

[b]Prof. Roger Makanjuola gives the order of events as been: "They first entered Room 184, where they shot and killed Efe Ekede, a Part II Psychology student. In Room 230, they shot Charles Ita, a Part II Law student. A group of the attackers then shot Yemi Ajiteru, a Part II Religious Studies student, through the head in the corridor outside the Kegites’ headquarters. In Room 273, they found George Iwilade (Afrika), the Secretary-General of the Students’ Union and a Law student, and shot him through the head, along with another occupant, Tunde Oke, a Part 1 student of Philosophy, who was shot in the abdomen. When the attackers got to Room 271, the room allocated to the suspended Students’ Union President, Lanre Adeleke (Legacy), they found that he had escaped. Legacy was in his room when he heard the first gun shots..... The band of thugs proceeded to Fajuyi Hall on foot, where they shot and killed one more student. That individual, Eviano Ekelemo, a medical student, was certainly not a student activist, but they shot him anyway.". However the order in which the victims were killed varies in various testimonies by a number of witnesses.[/b]

Prof. Roger Makanjuola's account of the cultist's escape is"The murderers left Fajuyi Hall on foot and went through the bush path behind the Hall back to their vehicles. They drove to the Students’ Union building, which they ransacked. They returned to their vehicles and drove out of the University through the main gate. The security staff, having heard gunfire, fled for their lives. Thus the exit of the marauding thugs was unchallenged."

Aftermath
The day after the attack it is reported "President Adeleke presided over an assembly in the enormous amphitheater of Oduduwa Hall; he demanded the immediate resignation of Wole Omole, the loathed vice chancellor who impeded student efforts to eliminate cults (Omole, for example, failed to expel the previously apprehended eight cultists). An award of 10,000 naira ($100 U.S.) was offered for Omole’s capture and hundreds of students occupied the administration building, refusing to leave until Omole was fired."

Prof. Roger Makanjuola writes of what followed the massacre: "In the aftermath of the attack, the whole university was enveloped in fear and there was chaos in the halls of residence. However, within a short time, the President of the Students’ Union, Lanre Adeleke, was able to restore order and mobilise his colleagues. The students went to the town searching for the perpetrators in locations where cult members were thought to be living. They “arrested” three individuals and brought them back to Awolowo Hall. These were Aisekhaghe Aikhile, a Part I student of Agricultural Economics, Emeka Ojuagu, and Frank Idahosa (Efosa). Efosa and Ojuagu were arrested in a public transport vehicle that was about to leave Ife. [24]

The students exhibited black clothing, two berets and two T-shirts, that had been found in Ojuagu’s bag, which was claimed to be the uniform. Efosa was a known member of the . He had been expelled from the University of Benin and was later admitted for a diploma programme in Local Government Studies in Ife. The three of them were savagely beaten and tortured in the Awolowo Hall “Coffee Room”, the traditional venue for such events. The inverted commas have been employed because coffee had not been known to be served there for many years. Efosa and Oguagu are said to have confessed to participating in the attacks during their “interrogation”, and Efosa is said to have gone further to state that the attack was organised to avenge the humiliating treatment of the members who had been arrested in Mr. Mekoma’s house on 7 March.

In the course of the interrogation, Aisekhaghe Aikhile died, and his body was taken to the hospital mortuary. The interrogations also yielded the information that 22 members were involved, six from the University, four from the University of Lagos, four from the University of Ibadan, and eight from the University of Calabar. There was also a separate claim that more students from the University of Benin were also involved. [26]

The VC, Professor Wale Omole, had been out of the country on 10 July 1999, the day of the attack and in his absence, the Deputy VC (Academic), Professor A.E. Akingbohungbe, was in charge. Soon after his arrival, the VC was summoned to Abuja to give a report of the incident the day after he returned to campus. On 14 July, his suspension was announced by the Government."

Several days later on the 18th July 1999 Prof. Roger Makanjuola was appointed Vice Chacellor and as replacement to Professor Wale Omole. He promised the students of Obafemi Awolowo University he would do everything in his power to bring the perpetrators to justice. Firstly he visited the Commissioner of Police, Mr. J.C. Nwoye, in Osogbo who raised the issue that the university still hadn't officially reported the murders despite what he said had been repeated requests. Prof. Roger Makanjuola summarily wrote and submitted the required paperwork officially reporting the murders. [28]

Prof. Roger Makanjuola gives the following account of what followed: "A total of 12 individuals were arrested and charged to court over the three weeks following the murders, including Efosa and Ojuagu. Only one of those involved in the March episode was among those arrested. The other eight could not be located. Two of them had obtained their transcripts and resumed their studies in France. The students brought information on the whereabouts of a major suspect, Babatunde Kazeem (Kato), and we provided a vehicle so that the Police could go with the students to the address in Lagos and arrest him. Kato was a former student who had been “advised to withdraw” from the University as a result of academic failure. He had been apprehended by the Students’ Union in August 1997 when he admitted to being a secret cult member. He was subsequently handed over to the Security Department, but there is no record of what happened after that. We also provided the Police with information on three other individuals, “Innocent”, “Yuletide” and “Ogbume.” Sadly, nothing came of this, even though we provided Ogbume’s address in Victoria Garden City, Lagos. The arrested persons were charged to the Ile-Ife Magistrate’s court for the murders.

The Judicial Commission of Enquiry was eventually inaugurated in Abuja on 18 October, but did not start work until 24 November, and eventually arrived in the University on Sunday, 28 November. The Chairman was Justice Okoi Itam. There were six other members, including Professor Jadesola Akande, an experienced and highly respected academic and university administrator, and Ray Ekpu, the journalist. Ms. Turi Akerele was later deployed as legal counsel to the Commission. A flamboyant but highly capable alumnus, Adeyinka Olumide-Fusika, led a team representing the students.

The Commission’s report was submitted in February 2000 and was released, along with the Government’s white paper, later that year. The Commission expressed its strong belief that seven named individuals had participated in the killings—Frank Idahosa (Efosa), Didi Yuletide, Kazeem Bello (Kato), and four individuals who were identified only by their nicknames or Christian names—Innocent, Athanasius, “Ochuko”, and “Chunk.” The last was identified as the then head of the secret cult. The Commission also recommended the investigation of 16 other individuals, including Emeka Oguaju and the nine involved in the 7 March episode. The Panel criticised the police investigation of the case and recommended that the Inspector-General of Police should set up a special task force to take it over.

the cases against those charged in the Chief Magistrate’s Court for belonging to an illegal organisation eventually came to nothing. However, we were very hopeful of a successful prosecution of the murder cases against Efosa and company. The case in the Osogbo High Court, which commenced on 9 April 2001, wound on. Evidence for the prosecution was taken from a number of students and some other witnesses. There was adjournment after adjournment. In mid-2002, the Judge hearing the case was transferred to Iwo, and the case along with it. There was a further delay while the exhibits were also subsequently taken to Iwo. To the amazement of everyone, the Judge upheld a “No Case” submission by the defence on 5 November 2002. The three accused persons were released and they subsequently disappeared…"

In 2009 it was reported: "Ten years after the carnage, the relatives and associates of the victims as well as students of OAU are still crying out for justice."
Who was responsible

The attack was carried out by members of the of Africa aka The . A confraternity infesting Nigerian society particularly the country's universities and responsible for large amounts of violent crime. Many reports exist of the ill-effects cultism has on Nigerian society. One such report states: "(Cults) have brutally ravaged Nigeria’s 37 state-run institutions. The massacre at Obafemi Owolowe University (OAU) is only the most recent tragedy; observers estimate that 150 students have been slain in the last five years, with scores more victimized by rape, assault, extortion, kidnapping, blackmail, torture and arson attack. Cultists — who often emulate the music and attitudes of American street-gang culture — dominate several campuses with intimidation tactics. Sometimes they employ threats of murder or extortion for seemingly petty ransoms, like an “A” grade or a fraudulently written term paper. Unprotected students, professors and administrators are often forced to surrender whatever grades, goods and privileges that the cultists demand."

Today, in 2015, the is still an ongoing problem. Responsible for the involvement in the murders of at least 200 people in 2014 and partaking other criminal activities around the world such as international smuggling of drugs, extortion, human trafficking and prostitution, counterfeiting of identity documents, cloning of credit cards, cheque fraud, 419 fraud, robbery, rape, murder and are used by politicians as 'hired thugs'. In Italy they have recently been classified as a 'Mafia' organisation.

In addition to those directly responsible, the carrying out the attack, there is ongoing concern over the effect or indeed sponsorship by the other entities and individuals possibly involved. In addition to the alleged sponsorship of the attack by Vice Chancellor Professor Wale Omole it is believed that also the government, the police and judiciary were complicit in either motivating the massacre, allowing the favorable environment for the massacre to have happened and for allowing those involved to escape any prosecution.BUSYBODY
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by kingston247: 9:05pm On May 13, 2015
Samething took place...8th oct,2003 in my skool..AAU ekpoma..8 died dat night.....

1 Like

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by 3ace(m): 9:06pm On May 13, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
Bros u witnessed it? shocked I hail ooooo!! grin
My guy, it was a traumatic experience. Do you know how it feels to know that you're about to die? It was as if my heart relocated to my mouth and I immediately defecated right there in the bush when I realised that I was safe. I pray never to experience such again in my life.

6 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by chigoizie7(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2015
All thanks to yahoo yahoo, as a yr1 student, 2008, cultism was the bane of the society, as a yr1 student, (imagine, I get mouth die). Just imagine the whole of ifite ,from aroma to skul gate, them no born u well to talk nonsense about the *** men,

All thanks to yahoo yahoo and all those buccanneers. Na dem come begin use money intimidate men, @ some point, all man come begin bone cultism come de enter street full time to find money.(Not like say kush men no dey oooh) men still dey,but I fu carry any stupid matter confront ur cartel, them go marsh u wella,come tell u say make u enter street, say,if u hold money, person no go come talk trash for ur side, and that was how unizik changed a little bit. Most times,all those H.I.T's de always bother on women matter, now, if u tell ur guys say,another guy de try toast ur babe, them go use play play tell u say, if u get money, say ur babe no go ever follow another guy,

All men come chill for cultism come enter street begin find money.

@ some point, u go de hear scores, 43 vs 29, imagine. human lives, God saved us all. All tanx to him.

Say no to cultism.

7 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 13, 2015
Greatest of the greatest ife! Despite reading this story over and over again, I cry uncontrollably everytime I re-read. May the souls of afrika and other fallen heroes rest in peace!

I rep OAU any and everyday!!!

Gbogbo!!!!

15 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 13, 2015
I remember the incident and Yemi Iwilade aka Africa , he was always dressed in Ankara ( I guess that was why he was called Africa ) , I visited a friend of mine then in OAU in 1998 , Ahmed Shittu , I was in U.I then. I met Africa and he struck me as a very intelligent fellow , years later and I'm still to come to grips with their mindless murder. R.I.P great Africa

9 Likes

Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 13, 2015
I remember the incident and Yemi Iwilade aka Africa , he was always dressed in Ankara ( I guess that was why he was called Africa ) , I visited a friend of mine then in OAU in 1998 , Ahmed Shittu , I was in U.I then. I met Africa and he struck me as a very intelligent fellow , years later and I'm still to come to grips with their mindless murder. R.I.P great Africa
Re: 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! by segedoo(m): 9:34pm On May 13, 2015
Was to have MEE303 test that fateful morning and had stayed over in an Office in White House to read overnight. We heard gunshots, only to hear the horror story later.

RIP Afrika.
I remember him always on afropuffs and clad in native. Sometimes, he rolled the sleeves of his natives.

Greatest Ife!!
3ace
gunvi
rotimi47
jesusDway
onyxo76
2rivers
charlie009
hikmojj
jayfolarin

@PrinceMario
chemenger?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Best Course With Best Employment In Nigeria / Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.