Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? (10284 Views)

Tinubu Was Foolish, Alliance With Buhari Was A Wrong Move, Says Adebanjo / Aba Riots: A Wrong Move BY The Igbos / Has The SW Made The Wrong Move? ( Part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Rose2014: 5:48pm On May 12, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Sincerely I think the day the SW and SE unite will be the beginning of real development in Nigeria. The north knows this and that is why it continue to use our leaders to separate us angry

I prefer the SW working with the SE, but the SE and SS wasted the opportunity to build the southerner solidarity when they shut the SW out of Jonathan presidency. And Jona too bleeped up, it started with people telling him to cut OBJ to size, then the obvious marginalization of Yorubas.

Remember Tinubu worked for Jonathan in 2011 for the elections, why didn't Jonathan draw him closer to make him an ally.

See what is happening is not the SW fault.

But most importantly is the fact that the Jonathan Administration failed to deliver on his promises. An average Yoruba man wouldn't care where you come from as long as he knows you can deliver. why do you think the SW still align with TInubu as a leader. We know he is the best amongst is peers and we know he will deliver. See Ambode, the pressure on him to out perform Fashola will make you pity the man grin. The man knows his second term will be determined by one thing and one thing alone, performance. Even the Oba of Lagos said he has started praying for him to outperform fashola so that his stance on the election of Ambode would be justified. There are situations a leader will find himself that he has no choice but to perform.

This is more objective observation. I'm inclined to agreeing with u on this one but uniting with Yorubas is a bit difficult cos they tend to have this betrayal tendency once promised something cheesy no offence to u sweerie

3 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by NewNigeriaMind: 5:49pm On May 12, 2015
J
Remarkable:

The ss/SE will sit and be watching while Tinubu and Fashola get oil wells abi? lol are you sure the hand you used to point at others calling them morons isn't doing same times 3 back atchya?

are those two men brave enough to go to the location of those oil wells in the SS/SE to defend them "should in case"?

Think, man; think!

The last time oil wells were shared what did the SS And SE Do about the sharing formula.

I keep telling you guys to use your brains instead of emotions

5 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by PassingShot(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2015
Remarkable:

O na eme, a hu ebe e bu ozu onye ozo, ya adi ka o wu igwu nkwu.

Same to you. grin cheesy
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by OkutaNla: 5:55pm On May 12, 2015
Remarkable:

The ss/SE will sit and be watching while Tinubu and Fashola get oil wells abi? lol are you sure the hand you used to point at others calling them morons isn't doing same times 3 back atchya?

are those two men brave enough to go to the location of those oil wells in the SS/SE to defend them "should in case"?

Think, man; think!

Yimu. Hot air as usual. Heaven will not fall if Tinubu gets an oil block. Danjuma has one and even after his many insults against the SE nothing happened except the usual empty threats.

It is obvious igbos are trying to instigate the SS against the rest of Nigeria as they are afraid to go it alone in their agitation for Biafra. The SS can be negotiated with for a logical solution to their grievances, but the treacherous igbos can't be trusted from here to there. Like Ironsi, they lack the tact and capacity to lead Nigeria. They will set the country on fire with their caustic and in-bred hatred for the Northerners and the rest of us in the South.

6 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by NewNigeriaMind: 5:57pm On May 12, 2015
Rose2014:

And u think SS/SE will embrace with open arms, a Yoruba presidential candidate presented by Buhari? Same man that his people vowed to make Jonathan's govt ungovernable and succeeded

Let me tell u what will happen. SS/SE will rather present a northern candidate n be his VP to make sure Yorubas don't get it. And don't think Buhari will leave his bro to support u

Ok I have just one question for you, on which platform will this ss/se candidate emerge. Cause if it's pdp then forget it, it's going down hill for pdp from here on, even the Senate president has said it.

Also, what if apc presents igbo presidency and a north central vice grin and the sharing formula is south west senate presidency will you show Tinubu some love then angry

1 Like

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by NewNigeriaMind: 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
Rose2014:

This is more objective observation. I'm inclined to agreeing with u on this one but uniting with Yorubas is a bit difficult cos they tend to have this betrayal tendency once promised something cheesy no offence to u sweerie

Stop it, I am a guy. Why are you using sweerie

But on your comment. Can you honestly say Tinubu wouldn't have worked with jonathan if the SW and ACN is carried along the way jonathan did with APGA.

See until we find ourselves in the south. No southern solidarity exist.

2 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by omonnakoda: 6:00pm On May 12, 2015
SE attaching to SS by force since 1900. SE know they are irrelevant and are now touting this new SS/SE. What does Urhobo or Edo have to do with Eboes. What have Itsekiri or Ogoni got in common with you? The same Ogoni you call PioPio.
YibPips funny folk. There is no SS there are many disparate group with different interests as we saw at Ogidiben. Even Ijaws are indigenes in Ondo and are found all over the coastal areas in the SW. The real problem is the Eboe.They are the ones who caused GEJ's downfall.Or do you think we have forgotten how you plotted against GEJ's swearing in after Yar'adua. The Eboe led GEJ astray and so the SW who supported him in 2011 had no choice but to dump him.Just imagine if he had won to carry on another 4 year.On January 1 ,2012 it was removal of subsidy . Only the devil knows what it would have been this time. There is no way the SW would accept for him to allow the Eboe ministers in his government to rubbish us as he permitted. It was important for us to observe that as a rehearsal for a possible Eboe presidency now we know what to expect Looking at that in retrospect we can see that he was not a leader and his recent utterances show him as totally unprepared and unfit for the office. Let us not talk about his wife

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by jordy101(m): 6:03pm On May 12, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Please ignore the morons, what will they gain in their attempt to spite the SW. The north will rather consolidate their power and share oil wells soons, trust me a lot of that is coming to south westerners inclusing Tinubu and Fashola.

For your information, what will APC north offer the SS/SE, to betray the South West grin

The south west will always be above these morons until they learn grin

why hatching your eggs before the are laid. you saw how the northerners grabbed the leadership of the Senate and house of reps. before your very eyes, the same they will do with the oil wells. you yorubas out of selfishness have displayed your foolishness which will happen before your very eyes

3 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by NewNigeriaMind: 6:05pm On May 12, 2015
jordy101:
why hatching your eggs before the are laid. you saw how the northerners grabbed the leadership of the Senate and house of reps. before your very eyes, the same they will do with the oil wells. you yorubas out of selfishness have displayed your foolishness which will happen before your very eyes

Then to prevent this from happening ask your leaders to support the SW

After all we are all brothers in the south.
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by OkutaNla: 6:05pm On May 12, 2015
Rose2014:

And u think SS/SE will embrace with open arms, a Yoruba presidential candidate presented by Buhari? Same man that his people vowed to make Jonathan's govt ungovernable and succeeded

Let me tell u what will happen. SS/SE will rather present a northern candidate n be his VP to make sure Yorubas don't get it. And don't think Buhari will leave his bro to support u

LMAO! Ode, dey dia dey deceive yourself. Since when did SE become a factor when it comes to determining who becomes president? Hasn't the last presidential election proved how irrelevant you guys are?

Besides, I seriously doubt the SS would be foolish enough to ally themselves with your sorry asses come next election. By then the PDP would have been reduced to a regional party anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Remarkable: 6:08pm On May 12, 2015
cutietokunbo:

No, Yorubas had made a perfect choice by forming that alliance with the North.

Let SE goes ahead with their plan, Yorubas can't be bothered. Na today!!!!! It's not new to us as people that know the history of Nigeria.

How did Akande lose the speakership of 7th Assembly to Tanbuwal should be a right question to ask Ihedioha from Imo state? Is he not an Igbo man?

Yorubas have always been an opposition party and for that reason alone, Yorubas have got nothing to fear.

Please, leave SS people out of this hatred equation and leave Ijaw people in that space. Like I have said on several occasions that there is nothing like SS when it's comes to SW or North cos each Nations within SS region has got well rooted ties with either SW or North region. Typical example of this is Edo state, Southern part of Delta state and SW.

It now comes down to SE and it's only SE that is coming up with all this SE/SS.

Why is SE so pained about alliance btw the North and West is the question that is begging for answers from reasonable ones among them?

It's a known fact that Igbo formed this same alliance with the same North twice, not once for God sake and nobody scream blue murder. Igbo did it in 60s and 70s without this victims and betrayal rhetorics coming from the rest of us in the South.

Why Nigeria state should be all about what Igbos could get of it without consideration of others; selfishness @ its peak. The same selfishness that led us to where we are today as a Nation. Is it the first coup? Brutal killing of leaders from other regions with total impunity? introduction of unitary system of govt which eventually destroyed our flourishing regional system of govt? or unprecedented nepotism and refusal to send the coupists on trial?

You think you are smart and talking to kids? why not begin telling the story from the beginning to find the real, root cause why a coup was planned and the reason the populous rejoiced upon hearing the news initially.... and I am sure your propagandalistic media from time in memory has een leaving out vital and relevant reasons on what stalled the punishment of the coupists.... they'd rather focus on the Igbos for sensationalism that sticks only when repeated over and over again... so before I derail this beautiful thread, don't you repeat your half-baked "truths" about Nigerias problems vis-a-viz coups and counter-coups.... after all, we all know what the honest Sanusi said about who the problem of Nigeria is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 12, 2015
omonnakoda:
Nigeria will come to an end when and only when the SW says theyy are no longer interested that [b]is the reality of Nigeria. [/b]We do not need to go to war for that
One yeye drunken fisherman from Otuoke wanted to rubbish us and now he knows .Blaming everyone but himself for his foolishness.
We wanted a unified South as president the ball was in hhi court to make that happen what did he do?

Who was the most senior person from SW in his government? He is on record as calling those that put him there names. What a parvenu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ABEG NO MAKE ME LAUGH TOO HARD!!!BLOODY COWARDS

3 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 12, 2015
Good constructive arguments, nice one guys. I hate it when bigotry and insults comes into this, anyway the truth is that the main problem of our dear country is DISUNITY. A united people can pass through any storm , be clear abt this NO CHANGE will come to Nigeria if not united. Don't be fooled by politicians.

The only change that we can effect is reaching out to one another, if we can travel outside and establish, inter marry and cope , how come we can't also effect it here?

We are people of diverse backgrounds and must learn to be cautious with our decisions to avoid issues. What happened in the last election was a clear case of those miscalculations which we will have to bear d consequences. No harsh feelings with Buhari but I think that APC should have presented a candidate from the SS , this should have continue to promote unity.

1 Like

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by OkutaNla: 6:16pm On May 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

You'd better believe it. We Yorubas pooped all over your Biafra ambitions the last time -- go ask your elders. Without our alliance with the North you probably would be happily bearing a different nationality by now. That is a testament of how much power we wield over your collective destiny, so show some respect ebeo boy. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by tonychristopher: 6:19pm On May 12, 2015
for what

SW are in for a long thing

GboyegaD:
Why sectoral politics? Why not see it as a time to develop the Nation?
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by omonnakoda: 6:20pm On May 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

See your brave warriors

1 Like

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Remarkable: 6:24pm On May 12, 2015
phyllosilicate:

The funny thing is that the SS/SE leaders in PDP are already talking about a strong northern candidate for 2019. They didn't even consider any of themselves.

The same way the SW considered themselves first by backing Fashola or a younger and vibrant politician as the front-man/flagbearer of the APC, bah??

The joke is on you guys, but it seems you haven't realized it, or you're just playing dumb and hoping , somehow, the North will collapse and leave a booty for the SW to bask in the largess of Nigerian politics.

We have you guys' script, homie; it aint gonna be forgotten, not in the next for years, ESPECIALLY in the next 4 years. Don't complain. You sow? Yup, you reap! (and/or wear too! lol)
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by omonnakoda: 6:25pm On May 12, 2015
Remarkable:

You think you are smart and talking to kids? why not begin telling the story from the beginning to find the real, root cause why a coup was planned and the reason the populous rejoiced upon hearing the news initially.... and I am sure your propagandalistic media from time in memory has een leaving out vital and relevant reasons on what stalled the punishment of the coupists.... they'd rather focus on the Igbos for sensationalism that sticks only when repeated over and over again... so before I derail this beautiful thread, don't you repeat your half-baked "truths" about Nigerias problems vis-a-viz coups and counter-coups.... after all, we all know what the honest Sanusi said about who the problem of Nigeria is.

!979 President Shagari
VicePresident Ekwueme
Senate President Wayas
HOR Speaker Ume-Ezeoke

Did we hear any lamentation fom the SW ?No

Truth is we can see despite claims to the contrary who is marginalized and who is more reliant of FG patronage hence the desperation now

Well guess what the Hen shall gaze with longing all night at the corn in the bottle but shall not eat a single grain

2 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2015
OkutaNla:

You'd better believe it. We Yorubas pooped all over your Biafra ambitions the last time -- go ask your elders. Without our alliance with the North you probably would be happily bearing a different nationality by now. That is a testament of how much power we wield over your collective destiny, so show some respect ebeo boy. cheesy

Abeg go siddon jare!! You know absolutely nothing about the 1966 coup.The west had no choice but to align with the north as the entire west were occupied with northern troops.Even the Yoruba Governor of the western region Col Adekunle Fajuyi was equally killed.The northerners took control of the rest of the country except the eastern region.

You people are the ideal cowards!!I suggest you first try and regain the Ilorin Kingdom Afonja lost to the alimi dynasty before you start looking for whom to liberate

6 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by omonnakoda: 6:27pm On May 12, 2015
Remarkable:

The same way the SW considered themselves first by backing Fashola or a younger and vibrant politician as the front-man/flagbearer of the APC, bah??

The joke is on you guys, but it seems you haven't realized it, or you're just playing dumb and hoping , somehow, the North will collapse and leave a booty for the SW to bask in the largess of Nigerian politics.

We have you guys' script, homie; it aint gonna be forgotten, not in the next for years, ESPECIALLY in the next 4 years. Don't complain. You sow? Yup, you reap! (and/or wear too! lol)
No the joke is on you .You are eating bitter yam and are looking for company grin
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by omonnakoda: 6:28pm On May 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Abeg go siddon jare!! You know absolutely nothing about the 1966 coup.The west had no choice but to align with the north as the entire west were occupied with northern troops.Even the Yoruba Governor of the western region Col Adekunle Fajuyi was equally killed.The northerners took control of the rest of the country except the eastern region.

You people are the ideal cowards!!I suggest you first try and regain the Ilorin Kingdom Afonja lost to the alimi dynasty before you start looking for whom to liberate
Try recovering Arochukwu kingdom from the Akamkpa kings

1 Like

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Rose2014: 6:37pm On May 12, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Stop it, I am a guy. Why are you using sweerie

But on your comment. Can you honestly say Tinubu wouldn't have worked with jonathan if the SW and ACN is carried along the way jonathan did with APGA.

See until we find ourselves in the south. No southern solidarity exist.
This guy sef.
Does Rose sound like guy's name? lol

Well at the end, lucky north. The south can never unite. Thanks to SW

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Remarkable: 6:37pm On May 12, 2015
superstar1:

There is no northern candidate that has the demi-god status of GMB in the north.

Demi-god ko, hemi-demi-femi-semi, yemi-quaver-god ni!

But wait... you mean to tell me you believe that if IBB picks the ticket for the PDP and a deputy from the SS/SE... that the APC will still stand a chance? against the gap-toothed general Ibrahim Badamosi?

By the way, I guess the first quention to ask is whether Buhari will be running again for office in 2019? Not that it makes much difference, probably much, more easier if its his current VP-elect that is put up... heheh!

1 Like

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by OkutaNla: 6:40pm On May 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

LOL! Yeah ebeo boy! Put a spin on it wink Claiming moral victory is allowed.
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by ibisko04: 6:40pm On May 12, 2015
nelson4:
From all political sources , its now known that the north will consolidate power once again , with clinching the leadership of the senate and speakership. The latest development is that the SS and SE ( PDP) are behind the north in this move thereby thwarting the efforts of the southwest. Having felt betrayed by the SW, the SE and SS ( PDP senators and house memebers) have moved to form an alliance with the northern APC caucus to produce the senate leader and speakership.

.Has the southwest made a wrong move?

Did they ever think that this marriage with the north will be happy ever?

The game of old roman politics has started , the first to reach to the SE and SS will carry the day. My bet is that the northerns will first reach out to them cause of their advantage of the presidency and considering the high level of hatred between the SW and other southerns since after the election.
The northerners has once again proved their mastery of national politics. This will provide a path towards 2019. Share your opinions.
Don't worry about how a region fare in the coming power sharing. What is at stake now is the total development of the nation.
Mind you, there is no way you want to go that south west will not be favour in this incoming government.
South south and south east will also fare well as every region regardless of how they voted will be carried along in this change government.
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 12, 2015
Westerners ntorrrrrr. Ndo nu. What goes around comes around.

Failures since 17:59

2 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by NewNigeriaMind: 6:49pm On May 12, 2015
Rose2014:

This guy sef.
Does Rose sound like guy's name? lol

Well at the end, lucky north. The south can never unite

Which is why the people who feel aggrieved that majority of SW voted buhari should ask themselves why, and make amends by supporting the SW bid for speakership.

Also, the Igbo people should put biafra behind them and stop blaming the SW for losing the war

Lastly, the southern people should seek each other out sincerely

1 Like

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by OneNaira6: 6:55pm On May 12, 2015
Who cares. Let them reap what they sow. There's even an article I posted where a northern official stated that the yoruba votes are not important. They immediately derailed that thread and got it sent to the ethnic section. Anyway, The north have long showed all they really care about maintaining leadership within themselves. To be honest, I applaud their ways of using some people to always achieve their goals and then dump them afterwards. I swear if I didn't know any better, I'll say they learned that strategy from the oyinbo. Anyway, who really cares. I think I speak for all that whatever the north wants to do, let them do it now that SW helped them return back to power.

3 Likes

Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by superstar1(m): 7:01pm On May 12, 2015
Remarkable:

Demi-god ko, hemi-demi-femi-semi, yemi-quaver-god ni!

But wait... you mean to tell me you believe that if IBB picks the ticket for the PDP and a deputy from the SS/SE... that the APC will still stand a chance? against the gap-toothed general Ibrahim Badamosi?

By the way, I guess the first quention to ask is whether Buhari will be running again for office in 2019? Not that it makes much difference, probably much, more easier if its his current VP-elect that is put up... heheh!

You are still a novice in politics.

Using your analogy of IBB being a presidential candidate along side whoever.

Have you forgotten he is from NC and GMB is from NW. IBB will be over -demonised in SW over his role in June 12. It will be a nice slogan of "pay back time" for him.

SW votes will neutralise the combination of your unholy alliance, if there is any at all except in the minds of South Haterners.

NC vote will be neutralise by NE votes and NW will deliver GMB again.

IBB aka MR. Maradona is no match for Baba.

Simple as ABC.
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 12, 2015
ibisko04:

Don't worry about how a region fare in the coming power sharing. What is at stake now is the total development of the nation.
Mind you, there is no way you want to go that south west will not be favour in this incoming government.
South south and south east will also fare well as every region regardless of how they voted will be carried along in this change government.
Am not worrying just analyzing politics, like your gentleness though, do follow your comments.
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by tupem: 7:04pm On May 12, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Let me indulge you a little grin

1 So assuming the north reach out to the SS/SE, the two will jump at it just to spite the SW?

2 Also, buy giving their ass to APC north to Bleep, what will the SE/SS gain from it?

3 When you say betray, please clarify this statement. who betrayed who and was there any agreement amongst the SS/SS and SW?

4 Why are you offering yourselves to the North on a platter of gold just to get back at the SW?

Now this is what I think?

I think the SS/SE are so desperate for power they will allow the North to use them to reduce south west infleucne while at the same time giving noting to the SS/SE. The SS/SE are suppose to lead the new opposition, but with the way things are going, these people may soon decamp to APC, cause those northerns are not coming to PDP.

so can we conclude that out of hate which is unjustified anyway the SS/SE will do all it can just to bring the SW down even if the north has nothing to offer them angry

If any of you Igbos come here to mention south solidarity or northern born to rule God will punish you all angry

These Igbos in the past four years monopolized Jonathan they forgot the SW, now they are shouting SW betrayed them. Na God go punish all of you angry
God's punishment will start from your " long ogo" u don dey drag SS enter your hate ring Abi?! abeg free us doo!
Re: Has The South West Made A Wrong Move? by NewNigeriaMind: 7:07pm On May 12, 2015
tupem:
God's punishment will start from your " long ogo" u don dey drag SS enter your hate ring Abi?! abeg free us doo!

Sorry, I thought the SS also feel betrayed.

But the OP said SE/SS Why don't you go tell him to remove the SS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today / Wike Raises Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Plant Guns In Rivers / Marketers To Suspend Fuel Importation Over N356.2bn Unpaid Subsidy Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.