Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands (3888 Views)

11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. / 5 Most Loved Car Brands In The World.. / Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by james669: 3:28pm On May 12, 2015
An unreliable car is very difficult to cope with. So you would want to really know how reliable a car is before you buy it. Now two researchers have made it easy for you. They have studied the long-term quality of more than 700,000 different cars, and they’ve come up with a list of the best brands for reliability.

Steve Lang, a car dealer for 16 years, and Nick Lariviere, a statistician, have spent the past couple of years tracking over 700,000 different vehicles to compare their long-term quality. Based on their research, the ten most reliable car brands are:

1. Toyota

2. Lexus

3. GMC

4. Honda

5. Infiniti

6. Chevrolet

7. Acura

8. Mitsubishi

9. Scion

10. Mercedes-Benz

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/k2-tags/lifestyle/item/801-the-10-most-reliable-car-brands
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by ramdris(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2015
No Nissan? Mtcheew!
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by chuka5000(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2015
Is that list for naija or for America
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 12, 2015
I actually agree with this list
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by missKiffy(f): 4:51pm On May 12, 2015
Range Rover nko?
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 12, 2015
missKiffy:
Range Rover nko?

Anything with a suffix 'rover' is wahala...

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by abatically(m): 9:33pm On May 12, 2015
missKiffy:
Range Rover nko?

Range Rover sha? Even Land Rover themselves know they did not build the range rover to last, They are meant for the rich who buy them and enjoy them when still new. I will not advice anyone to buy a 5 year old Range Rover.
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by DGD1(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2015
let me guess smartchoices and chucks234 have not seen this thread.
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 9:14am On May 14, 2015
james669:
An unreliable car is very difficult to cope with. So you would want to really know how reliable a car is before you buy it. Now two researchers have made it easy for you. They have studied the long-term quality of more than 700,000 different cars, and they’ve come up with a list of the best brands for reliability.

Steve Lang, a car dealer for 16 years, and Nick Lariviere, a statistician, have spent the past couple of years tracking over 700,000 different vehicles to compare their long-term quality. Based on their research, the ten most reliable car brands are:

1. Toyota

2. Lexus

3. GMC

4. Honda

5. Infiniti

6. Chevrolet

7. Acura

8. Mitsubishi

9. Scion

10. Mercedes-Benz

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/k2-tags/lifestyle/item/801-the-10-most-reliable-car-brands

Mtchweew na even Nigerian website wey dem no know wetin be spanner. See better list here joor
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/top-10-most-reliable-car-brands.html

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-vehicle-dependability-study

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by auhanson(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2015
james669:

1. Toyota

2. Lexus

3. GMC

4. Honda

5. Infiniti

6. Chevrolet

7. Acura

8. Mitsubishi

9. Scion

10. Mercedes-Benz

This list is questionable as mazda is not included?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by folawalesegun: 8:04pm On May 14, 2015
Volkswagen. most especially GOLF3
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by LKO(m): 11:33pm On May 14, 2015
folawalesegun:
Volkswagen. most especially GOLF3

How reliable is golf 3? I was told our mechanics can't work on them, that they end up destroying d car. Is it cheap to use in terms of fuelling and repair? Or is toyota carina E preferable? Thanks
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 4:37am On May 15, 2015
LKO:

How reliable is golf 3? I was told our mechanics can't work on them, that they end up destroying d car. Is it cheap to use in terms of fuelling and repair? Or is toyota carina E preferable? Thanks

Your kazeem can't work on them doesn't make them any less reliable, it rather makes your kazeem more untrustworthy.

4 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 16, 2015
auhanson:

This list is questionable as mazda is not included?
Volkswagen golf 3 missing
Mitsubishi comes before Benz lol..
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 16, 2015
DGD1:
let me guess smartchoices and chucks234 have not seen this thread.
Bro how far?
Scion GMC Chevy before Mercedes! Well its a matter of perspectives.... And no golf 3.... No Nissan...eyop I hail
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Eyop: 10:22pm On May 16, 2015
SmartChoices:

Bro how far?
Scion GMC Chevy before Mercedes! Well its a matter of perspectives.... And no golf 3.... No Nissan...eyop I hail

Greetings Oga smart.
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 16, 2015
Eyop:

Greetings Oga smart.
Oga eyop.... PM me your number abegi
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by DGD1(m): 10:34pm On May 16, 2015
SmartChoices:

Bro how far?

what sort of perspective is that, thank God lomomike has found out for us that it is nothing to go by.
BT u scarce o, I dey OK.... *still dusting anything with Benz badge*

#TeamCamry
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 16, 2015
DGD1:

what sort of perspective is that, thank God lomomike has found out for us that it is nothing to go by.
BT u scarce o, I dey OK.... *still dusting anything with Benz badge*

#TeamCamry
Well for a boring interior the only consolation is speed to forget the bland environment....
In a Benz every ride is a vacation......so why rush through a well deserved vacation?
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by DGD1(m): 10:44pm On May 16, 2015
SmartChoices:

Well for a boring interior the only consolation is speed to forget the bland environment....
In a Benz every ride is a vacation......so why rush through a well deserved vacation?

u didn't even wait for me to finish posting.

na joke I dey now, u no even sabi comedy self
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 16, 2015
DGD1:

u didn't even wait for me to finish posting.

na joke I dey now, u no even sabi comedy self
Bros am always particular about facts...
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by DGD1(m): 10:48pm On May 16, 2015
SmartChoices:

Bros am always particular about facts...

if you really are, you would have talked about the current trend in this section (tropicalization)
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 16, 2015
DGD1:

if you really are, you would have talked about the current trend in this section (tropicalization)
Yet to see it.
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by auhanson(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2015
SmartChoices:

Volkswagen golf 3 missing
Mitsubishi comes before Benz lol..

Dont mind them for bad belle.

Lexus will always rush and imitate benz facelifted models error correction perfection, and use it to manufacture their cars, stealing the original thinkers idea who spent millions on research, smart guys. And some dude here will go and do blind research with Benzs earlier models and come to publish trash for us. Lomomike and his cohort will use that to satisfy themselves against Benz grin grin. there is God oh.

Dont worry, once i finish my own research, but with the late models for Benzs, you will quite see Benz at the top of the ladder with that miserable Lexus beneath it.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 17, 2015
auhanson:

Lexus will always rush and imitate benz facelifted models error correction perfection, and use it to manufacture their cars, stealing the original thinkers ideas who spent millions on research, smart guys. And some dude here will go and do blind research with Benzs earlier models and come to publish trash for us. Lomomike and his cohort will use that to satisfy themselves against Benz grin grin. there is God oh.

Dont worry, once i finish my own research, but with the late models for Benzs, you will quite see Benz at the top of the ladder with that miserable Lexus beneath it.

E pain am say lexus always makes Benz look like a pile of over priced trinkets after a few years wen e start to fade and show e true value oo! tongue

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2015
auhanson:

Lexus will always rush and imitate benz facelifted models error correction perfection, and use it to manufacture their cars, stealing the original thinkers ideas who spent millions on research, smart guys. And some dude here will go and do blind research with Benzs earlier models and come to publish trash for us. Lomomike and his cohort will use that to satisfy themselves against Benz grin grin. there is God oh.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2414869_epainam_pngfd50bf22fc7c789dc19079f33fa4a319
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by auhanson(m): 11:00pm On May 17, 2015
cheesy grin grin i know say you go rush respond. how's family?

lomomike:

E pain am say lexus always makes Benz look like a pile of over priced trinkets after a few years wen e start to fade and show e true value oo! tongue
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 17, 2015
auhanson:
cheesy grin grin i know say you go rush respond. how's family?

They're all good thanks, and yours?

Do have yourself a beautiful week. smiley
Re: The 10 Most Reliable Car Brands by auhanson(m): 11:41pm On May 17, 2015
lomomike:

They're all good thanks, and yours?

Do have yourself a beautiful week. smiley

They are good too, Thanks.
And you too, best of week ahead

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Gazzuzz / Nigerian Used Vs Tokunbo Cars / How I Was Billed 3.5m At Toyota Place In Lagos Ladipo Area, To Fix My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.