Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,839 members, 7,828,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For (1286 Views)

'lady Of The Ring': Two Sisters Fight Over Marriage...here's Why!! / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 12, 2015
Is there anything honey as a blessed matrimony overflowing with peace where Joy knows No bound? Have not seen such. Marriage is Indeed a blessing but at the same time if not carefully and rightfully done can be A one chance thing for couples involved.

They do say "One is complete when one marry the right person but finished when one marry the wrong person" I may have to agree with this definition if only am permitted to redefine the definition in this way "One is complete when one marry for the right reasons but finished when one marry for the wrong reasons". Having said this Let's proceed then into enumerating what and what, are the reasons one should marry for.

1. BEAUTY: Is it not transient,brief and temporal? But your Marriage is forever. Suffice to say; Beauty will pass away. You don't expect your wife to be what she was 30yrs back,do you? Even if you do it can never be. And if beauty is what you married her for what then will be the source of your Love when beauty is gone? Don't get me wrong, am not saying you should marry a ugly Lady only do not let Beauty be the Priority; I mean the physical beauty rather let inner beauty take its place.

2. FIGURES: While expectations is am referring to the Ladies, I am on the contrary referring to the guys and directing my appeal to the Ladies. It is No fun today among the Ladies that the most important criteria of being a husband material is "Six packs". It is,of recent that Guys are tagged been sexy; a thing unheard of before. My question to Ladies is "Will he still retain those figures at 60?" Or you forgot Marriage is till death do you apart?

3. MONEY: Money do everything they say yet money can't buy simple thing like peace of mind.It is even reported it can't buy Joy.Of what use then is you marrying her because she is a multitrillionaire if her money can buy you peace of mind? For the purpose of Marriage is find in Joy and peace of mind. If Money is the reason you are marrying him then I think you missed the road.Even if the money come to stay without the peace of mind the effect will still be all the same with when there is No money.

4. PRESSURE: Like I said earlier "Marriage is a one chance thing" Once you are in you are in forever. A letter of divorce cannot separate you it only gives you Space for in the presence of the Lord who unite you you are still one,inseparable forever. Don't marry him because he persuade you to do it or because someone somewhere persuade you to marry her.

5. AGE: Common but disastrous.Maybe you plan to marry at 25 but you find out you will be 39 by May 29 and it happened someone proposed to you. And because you are getting old you accept to marry him.This,i say its a NO. Don't make the mistake like many viewing this thread has made.

Only a Politician will discuss a problem and not forward a solution.If there Is only one reason to marry someone i think and i believe that reason must be you Love that person.

Wishing A happy marriage in advance.

©starlingslimnet
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Hardheolar(m): 9:35pm On May 12, 2015
GBAM. U ve said it all
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by xreal: 9:40pm On May 12, 2015
Good points.

Thank you.
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 12, 2015
Please!

We all came into this world with our destinies in our hands.

If money makes u happy,marry for money.

If sex makes u happy,marry for sex.

If beauty makes u happy,marry for beauty.

If having someone to love makes u happy,marry for love.

Do ur own and leave others to do with their lives what they choose.

1 Like

Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 12, 2015
ahsekeena:
Please!

Do ur own and leave others to do with their lives what they chose.
babe u and op dey drag land or abi him break ur heart?
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 12, 2015
ahsekeena:
Please!

Do ur own and leave others to do with their lives what they chose.
Easy dear...take it easy... *offer her cold water*
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Beckybeky(f): 10:12pm On May 12, 2015
OP everytin fades including d so called love Just marry anyone you want. wat will be will be
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 12, 2015
masterchi:
babe u and op dey drag land or abi him break ur heart?

Lol
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by MRBrownJ: 10:23pm On May 12, 2015
sadly the OP believes that everyone marry for the same thing....and thats where he is wrong. here are a few clues:
- some people out there would marry and be happy with just about anyone if it has money.
- many men out there are ready to marry any girl that says she is pregnant for them.
- some people out there would marry just about anyone (yes even a donkey) if some stoopid pastor tells them that this person is the RIGHT one.
- some people out there only desire a trophy partner, therefore these people would marry for beauty (and there would be nothing wrong with that)
- some people out there are desperate to get married due to their age. they waited so long and dismiss so many people in their youth, and now they are "ready" to lower their expectations just in order to not become old cargos...... they would be happy with just about anyone who gives them the time of day.

its all down to each and everyone's PRIORITIES..... if someone wants to marry because their partner cook good or because the fukc you good etc, then so be it.
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 12, 2015
Okay
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 12, 2015
ahsekeena:

Lol
see as u pretty as u laugh now.
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by cuteniva: 11:50pm On May 12, 2015
Different strokes for different folks
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by sinizia: 12:04am On May 13, 2015
6. Don't ever marry anyone out of pity. 7. Don't marry because your friends are marrying
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Kazrem(m): 5:06am On May 13, 2015
qbd2:
Okay
I sent a mail to you, you replied. Sent another but you refused to reply.
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 7:41am On May 13, 2015
MRBrownJ:
sadly the OP believes that everyone marry for the same thing....and thats where he is wrong. here are a few clues:
- some people out there would marry and be happy with just about anyone if it has money.
- many men out there are ready to marry any girl that says she is pregnant for them.
- some people out there would marry just about anyone (yes even a donkey) if some stoopid pastor tells them that this person is the RIGHT one.
- some people out there only desire a trophy partner, therefore these people would marry for beauty (and there would be nothing wrong with that)
- some people out there are desperate to get married due to their age. they waited so long and dismiss so many people in their youth, and now they are "ready" to lower their expectations just in order to not become old cargos...... they would be happy with just about anyone who gives them the time of day.

its all down to each and everyone's PRIORITIES..... if someone wants to marry because their partner cook good or because the fukc you good etc, then so be it.
Court of Appeal is Open sir.. you can file your case
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 9:25am On May 13, 2015
Kazrem:

I sent a mail to you, you replied. Sent another but you refused to reply.
Yes, I'm aware of that
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Nobody: 9:33am On May 13, 2015
You all need to see ''Baggage Claim'' - an American comedy film that tells the story of a 30-year-old single working class lady.

It's an interesting piece, one that teaches you why you shouldn't marry or date for the wrong reasons.
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Kazrem(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2015
qbd2:
Yes, I'm aware of that
OK ooo.
Re: Ready For Marriage? Here Are Five Things You Should Not Marry For by Kazrem(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2015
qbd2:
Yes, I'm aware of that
OK ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Why Always Females??? / If It Were You / Critical Signs That Your Body Needs More Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.