Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker (8008 Views)

Cyril Oshiomhole Contesting For House Of Reps In Edo (Photo) / Caption This Photo Of House Of Reps Speaker, Yakubu Dogara In Action / ​​OPC Leader, Gani Adams​,​ Visit​s​ South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Saorchy(m): 12:52am On May 13, 2015
National Coordinator, Nigeria Democrat and Equity Mandate Vanguard, a pan-Nigeria mandate group, Mallam Inusa Gaidam, has appealed to the leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to consider zoning the speakership of the House of Representatives to the South-South geo-political zone.

The group is also backing Pally Iriase for the House of Representatives’ speakership, saying this will give a sense of belonging and balance to the nation’s polity.

At its national working committee/stakeholder conference in Abuja to X-ray the victory of APC and the need for national equity in allotment of positions, the group’s Director of Media Publicity and Social Communication, Mr Oarhe Dickson, said the group, a non-partisan one, decided to back Pally Iriase for Speaker of House of Reps “To promote equity in the polity where all zones across the country will feel that they are being carried along.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/apc-urged-to-consider-s-south-for-house-of-reps-speaker/
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by baybeeboi: 1:08am On May 13, 2015
am sure south south does not need that. Their being quiet about the zoning thing should tell. Let south-west and South-east kill themselves for it.

2 Likes

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by ifyan(m): 1:13am On May 13, 2015
Am really surprised with the APC formula.

More drama to come.

Nigerians be prepared for whatever happens.

You know. .....

1 Like

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Rose2014: 2:53am On May 13, 2015
Just imagine the nonsense: You deny their son second term presidency and give them speaker. Mtchew
Anyway thanks to SW for their betrayal

All i hear everyday is Jonathan's admin is corrupt this corrupt that.
All of a sudden, past leaders of the same Nigeria have assembled in APC to start fighting corruption. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Anyway Sipping my maltina waiting for the magic they promised to perform cool.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Rose2014: 3:27am On May 13, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

don't if the north keeps the remaining position or what is this thing saying.

Is it not your people begging the north to use them to spite the SW.

Don't worry the speaker is coming to the SW, hope that makes you happy grin

That's what someone spewed on a different thread this evening
I never knew Yorubas reason like this. Well I honestly hope not all of them think the way I see them exhibit on nl.
They don't give a damn about any other southerner.

Imagine Hausas are even more concerned about carrying southerners along than my brothers from the other side.smh

Thanks to this election really for the eye opener walahi

9 Likes

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by gudluckgreat(m): 3:36am On May 13, 2015
angry
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Nobody: 9:17am On May 13, 2015
All this zoning palaver sef...
Hm, only in our zoo 9ja!
When will these she-goats move on from olden days politics?
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Nobody: 9:18am On May 13, 2015
I think they deserve it,besides they have contributed immensely more after the igbos in the south west...
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by okooloyun1(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Mogidi: 9:19am On May 13, 2015
Give the position to those that care, we don't want to be part of buko hari govt, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Nobody: 9:19am On May 13, 2015
Rose2014:

That's what a somebody spewed on a different thread this evening
I never knew Yorubas reason like this. I honestly hope not all of them think the way I see them exhibit on nl.
They don't give a damn about any other southerner.

Apparently Hausas are more concerned about carrying others along.smh

Thanks to this election really

Did SE/SS give a damn about Yoruba when Jonathan was ruling?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by victorv12(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2015
I think dat makes sense
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Rawani: 9:19am On May 13, 2015
I support this move whole-heartedly. The SS has been plagued by bad leadership which has seen their true agitations being discredited as consequence of their criminal mismanagement of the region's allocations and several interventions like the NDDC, 13% derivation, ecological fund etc. The SS should be carried along in this administration.

This sentiment is not alien to most northerners either, our dear General will work better in a more united Nigeria.
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by ichidodo: 9:19am On May 13, 2015
This makes strategic sense to the northern APC hegemony.Via thieffnubu they already have south west in chains therefore the next in the agenda should be how to carry the rest of the country especially South south along...this Speakership position should go a long way appeasing some frayed nerves in the ND....
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by orchiepochie28: 9:20am On May 13, 2015
kk
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by victors123: 9:20am On May 13, 2015
grin
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by loomer: 9:20am On May 13, 2015
Make una give me speaker na
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Akbee(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2015
we deserve it. yeah.Mallam Inusa speaks from his heart.He is a true democrat n a freedom fighter who is desirous of a country where every segment of the Nigerian society is given equal opportunity to be represented in national politics.The southern part of the country has bn longed marginalized although it accounts for a chunk of the sources of national revenue.
However,I wonder if that WL see the light of the day as We r playing the opposition politics.Besides its doubtless that we WL be well represented If our second son is eventually appointed as the speaker cos our first son Mr ebele abandoned us even after we had bought him several pairs of shoes cos he had none.thanks goodness he has paid dearly for that as those whom he stood for decamped to the enemies camp when he needed them most.
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Nobody: 9:21am On May 13, 2015
Thank you Oga but the Speakership is not what we want.

True Federalism and Resource Control or Referendum. That's all...

Iriase can keep the Speakership for himself...I don't care!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by seedorfg(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2015
make them go thief am give them na, silly group

1 Like

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Rose2014: 9:21am On May 13, 2015
Eebudola:

If because of VP position, Yorubas are insulting other southerners like this, what will now happen if they become president?smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Nobody: 9:23am On May 13, 2015
Rose2014:

If because of VP position, Yorubas are insulting other southerners, who will trust u for president?smh
Make we just de do siddon look my dear

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by gbongbo6070(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
Ndigbo
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by loomer: 9:23am On May 13, 2015
Eebudola:

All una problem na, jonathan did this to yoruba, yoruba didn't get this, yoruba that.

Oya make una carry the country na make people hear word.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Akynzodeighbour(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2015
Even GEJ won't agree to that, before south south will taste power again in nigeria.... Maybe 2075

1 Like

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by seedorfg(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2015
deserve khor, decieve nii, maybe they should just give the speaker to dokubo-asaro or tambolo, mtcheeew, group khor, stage nii

1 Like

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Nobody: 9:24am On May 13, 2015
Rose2014:

If because of VP position, Yorubas are insulting other southerners, who will trust u for president?smh

If because Jonathan is Azikwe Ebelechukwu from Ijaw Ibos locked everyone out of his government (esp. Yoruba) and ran Nigeria like Biafra, to the extent that they turned PDP into a regional party. Who will trust Ibo for president? smh. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by frankac: 9:25am On May 13, 2015
No they should not. Dnt think they need it.

1 Like

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by ruggedboy01: 9:26am On May 13, 2015
U denied their son second tenure now u want to mock them with ordinary house of Reps speaker........ forgetting that is their oil money them carry build nigeria!

Damn

WICKEDNESS angry sad
Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Darlduchi: 9:28am On May 13, 2015
Hold on to Presidency, vice, speaker of house or senate ,all ministerial position, we don't care. All we care for is our unity, indivisible unity between Igbanke's, Ibibio, efiks Igbos and all tribes that make up the south East.

Hausa's and yoruba's should please keep the power as the Zoo belongs to them. we are not a part of it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by Rose2014: 9:29am On May 13, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
Even GEJ won't agree to that, before south south will taste power again in nigeria.... Maybe 2075

That's a typical Yoruba wish.
Yet your ass is feeding on their oil
No thanks to u, a Southerner has bn denied second term. Mtchew

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Urged To Consider S-south For House Of Reps Speaker by donfranklin(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] That's what APC suppose to do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Biafra National Team Defeat Taipei Magpies Of Taiwan 4:1 (see Photos / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Co-chairs MIT Health Solve Challenge / Welcome To Hell: Amnesty International Report On SARS In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.