Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708826 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2015
idmanzik:

My guess is that they have accumulated miles from the tickets they purchase for their customers which in turn gives them huge discounts or maybe they have some sort of partnerships with the airliners.

My brother, I "sight" you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 9:45am On Jul 01, 2015
Sirridy, you go serve for Osun without allawee tongue tongue tongue Aregberascal tongue tongue Thesame way wey I use calculate my wife state allawee (98k) for 11 months nothing show
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2015
Who is eatwell423 abeg? sad
Slimmy05 grin grin
Osun state 5k no go kill me.
How you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

You know God and us in this thread got your back. Just trust God and do the needful that day.

Dark light is now an inspirational speaker. Lol

OK ooo. It's good.
We continue to observe. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 01, 2015
bbdd:

OK ooo. It's good.

Boss, I no be any inspirational speaker. Just dey give my tiny quota to the thread. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2015
bbdd:

OK ooo. It's good.

Boss, I ain't an inspirational speaker. I'm just trying to give my tiny quota to the thread. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2015
elmadavida:
I wonder why travel agents (wakanow.com and travelstart.com) have cheaper flight fares compared to the airlines themselves
Exactly... I wonder
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by angel34real(f): 10:32am On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=DARKLIGHT post=35351709]

You know God and us in this thread got your back. Just trust God and do the needful that day.[/q

Thank you DARKLIGHT!!!!! I always know I would always count on u guys. God bless u. I will do as u said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2015
oyeg:
Hello Guys,

I got my visa approved this morning. Thanks to all on this forum who shared their experiences.

Will post transcript soon. I believe my experience will help other prospective applicants.

Congrats bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Alabsreal: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2015
Hello house pls I finished my high school 2013, bt I want to use my 2012 nov/dec result. So shld I fill I finished in 2012 or 2013 in the application form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2015
djmakson:

Congrats bro.

Djmakson, please check your mail.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2015
Alabsreal:
Hello house pls I finished my high school 2013, bt I want to use my 2012 nov/dec result. So shld I fill I finished in 2012 or 2013 in the application form.
Use d date on d result u ar using
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2015
Thank God.passport collected yesterday morning even though tracker is still showing "administrative processing"or "passport still with embassy".l guess people should check collecting centres.i interviewed on d 15th june
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2015
To the house and all the gurus in it,i say God bless you all.Just arrived yankee yesterday all thanks to God and you guys.
Pls note,if you are flying with Etihad and u are connecting at Abu Dhabi,pls prepare for a more serious interview.Harder than the ones one faced in naija because they have time and resources.

If ur final destination is not where u are heading pls book a connecting flight or get a greyhound ticket(a bus service that travels to anywhere in the state).That was what saved me bc some guys where sent back from Abu Dhabi

Anyway,America is a place to be ppl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:40am On Jul 01, 2015
elmadavida:

Thank you Walspring. FIlmhouse or Amala joint?

Both if possible and i dont mind grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:46am On Jul 01, 2015
elmadavida:
I wonder why travel agents (wakanow.com and travelstart.com) have cheaper flight fares compared to the airlines themselves

Because they have discount and get bulk deal with the airline.. But some are expensive compare to the travel agents at times
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2015
f8luv87:
where I would be staying sir.
Use the one on your I 20 .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
anxious:
Thank God.passport collected yesterday morning even though tracker is still showing "administrative processing"or "passport still with embassy".l guess people should check collecting centres.i interviewed on d 15th june

bro lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
elmadavida:
baffles me but flight fares are rising by the day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
matthew1234:
To the house and all the gurus in it,i say God bless you all.Just arrived yankee yesterday all thanks to God and you guys.
Pls note,if you are flying with Etihad and u are connecting at Abu Dhabi,pls prepare for a more serious interview.Harder than the ones one faced in naija because they have time and resources.

If ur final destination is not where u are heading pls book a connecting flight or get a greyhound ticket(a bus service that travels to anywhere in the state).That was what saved me bc some guys where sent back from Abu Dhabi

you very right,I was asked series of questions by Qatar immigration officers when connecting out of Qatar..my visa was put through a light beam to verify if it was fake or original.POE at New York don't ask anything,they just asked for my i20 and wished me safe and we'll.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
stevecrun:
you very right,I was asked series of questions by Qatar immigration officers when connecting out of Qatar..my visa was put through a light beam to verify if it was fake or original.POE at New York don't ask anything,they just asked for my i20 and wished me safe and we'll.

big congrats to u. Did u pay tuition before applying for visa ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
matthew1234:

@ ur last sentence...what have u seen, buddy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
matthew1234:

Hello, bosses! If one takes a one way ticket and stop at New York, but plan heading to his school in another state after one week, would that be an issue?

Cc: Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Matthew1234, Walspring, and other gurus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by frankunderwood: 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I would be an ingrate if I do not post my interview Transcript. I discovered this thread sometime in March 2015 and I can tell you it changed my life. I started reading all the way from Part 3 and it felt like a carefully crafted story line from the success stories to the heart breaking rejections, the fights, the hilarious questions, the intrigues of administrative processing. It was a worthwhile experience indeed. shout out to all the people who have kept this thread moving and contributed in no small measure to make it what it is today; Big francis, Imperiouxx, Ojap, Ms. Nas, Amerfrica (Canafria?), Ricky Rozay, Stewee, lisadem, zee, walspring and errm Slimmy. (your methods are unconventional, but hey you're dedicated and I can't knock your hustle). RIP Gre8ever.

My visa was scheduled for 7.30 in Abuja on June 30, 2015. it was calmer and saner than the Lagos embassy (As I read from the posts here). After the bio-metrics, the Interview process started. the Vo's were fair, they allowed you make your case. for every five applications rejected, two were approved. It finally came to my turn and I was called to window 6, A lady (Probably in her mid-twenties) was the Vo. The interview went as thus;

Me: Hey Good morning, How's it going?
vo: I'm fine thank you.

she paused for a minute and looked at her screen and was typing (not as fast as I expected, as I read on here they type freakishly fast. lol)

Vo: So what you going to do in the USA.
Me: Master's degree in Business Administration with a focus in Marketing Management in Tamuc

she paused again and was typing stuff. I guess she was looking at my DS-160.

Vo: so why Marketing Management?
Me: Well, where I work, I market a wide range of Investment products to High-net worth clients and Institutional Investors, fro Commercial Papers to Bonds, stock, derivatives and Alternative investments.

Vo: Good, so Whose sponsoring you?
Me: My mother.

Vo: what does she do?
Me: She is a major distributor for a Vegetable oil production company, and she maintains properties left by my late date held in her trust.

she paused again.

Vo: Has she been the one sponsoring your previous trips? (I guess she meant to the USA and UK)
Me: Yup, Every single one of the them.

She checked her screen for like 30 seconds.

Vo: I'm approving your visa. Pick it up at the address next week. She went on about the 30-day rule and the importance of the I-20 (Something wey I fit recite for my sleep. thanks to Nairaland)

Me: Thank you and have a nice July 4th.

The interview process was about 3 minutes. No documents asked. I guess my previous trips to the US did the job (B1/B2, J-1). Honestly every advice to give has been give here already. Go back now and read previous posts before you start asking questions (It makes life easier for every one at the end of the day).Trust God and Hold on to his word, be composed, clear and audible. Let your personality reflect in your answers not just giving some crammed responses. My hands and documents were placed on the slab ( I read it here some where that it a NO. don't know who formed that rule).

I can't thank you guys enough for taking out time to respond to every single inquiry brought to your attention. Y'all are going a great Job. May God grant all your heart desires.

And to those waiting waiting for your visas May your success stories come soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Best thing sir is to book a connecting flight.Use greyhound which is a bus service.Book from naija with ur gtb naira master card.Print out ur confirmation page n carry am follow body.This was what saved me at Abu dhabi.You need to prove ur final destination ain't new york.Just be ready to be bullied.This is where u need ur lagos sense.

DARKLIGHT:

Hello, bosses! If one takes a one way ticket and stop at New York, but plan heading to his school in another state after one week, would that be an issue?

Cc: Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Matthew1234, Walspring, and other gurus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
frankunderwood:
Hello Everyone,
I can't thank you guys enough for taking out time to respond to every single inquiry brought to your attention. Y'all are going a great Job. May God grant all your heart desires.

And to those waiting waiting for your visas May your success stories come soon.

Congratulations, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
A guy got paid how weekly money with cheque and all he did was snap the cheque wit his cell phone and the money went straight into his bank account.My jaw dropoed.

Also don't embarrass urself to dey wear sweater cum new york now cus it's very hot

I
ferdimako:

@ ur last sentence...what have u seen, buddy?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
matthew1234:
A guy got paid how weekly money with cheque and all he did was snap the cheque wit his cell phone and the money went straight into his bank account.My jaw dropoed.

Also don't embarrass urself to dey wear sweater cum new york now cus it's very hot

I
hahaha..more to come ur way. Be open™

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hi, everyone i just discovered this thread. I have a question where i work my boss pays us by transferring money into our accounts as there are no tax deductions and all as he is avoiding paying tax himself. In my form d-160 I don't know if to fill that am currently employed under my boss or that i do my own business as i do not want them looking at my statement and asking for my tax deductions. Even though am not the one sponsoring myself, my aunty is the one sponsoring me and i have her bank statement to show. But a friend of mine that is in the US said they wouldn't even look at my own bank statement, just that of my sponsor that they are concerned about. What do you guys suggest please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.