Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706305 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
innovativeame:
SIRRIDDY AND PROFOJAH
I sight u guys on the bench ooo. E-war is imminent, I'm just observing things here ooo
I no dey any bench, I get injury..#2months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
My resumption date is August,and I just got an appointment date .Please house how can I get an expediate date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kellycute(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
Why are you bothering yourself? Your school is resuming august 24 and your interview is august 3, I don't see why you wanna try expediate date don't know what you guys call it lol. Please focus on your preparation that's the important thing,

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
f8luv87:
My resumption date is 24 August,and I just got an appointment date 3rd August.Please house how can I get an expediate date?
If u want a date earlier dan dat, u can always check at mid night. U will definitely see a date earlier dan dat, den reschedule.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Urch1980(m): 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
f8luv87:
My resumption date is 24 August,and I just got an appointment date 3rd August.Please house how can I get an expediate date?

You can reschedule. Just keep checking intermittently you could see an earlier date pop up. I was able to reschedule yesterday. I initially had 3rd august too, but yesterday I checked and say new dates 1st and 6th july. I was so happy men. Just check around 12 noon there about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hello house, I have been away from the internet due to work.

I want to travel to Florida through Atlanta(ATL), where will be my port of entry?

Nigeria to Atlanta (first stop), then to Miami (destination). It is the same airline but they will be having one stop.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
kennyrony:

If u want a date earlier dan dat, u can always check at mid night. U will definitely see a date earlier dan dat, den reschedule.
Thank you sir Kenny.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
Urch1980:

You can reschedule. Just keep checking intermittently you could see an earlier date pop up. I was able to reschedule yesterday. I initially had 3rd august too, but yesterday I checked and say new dates 1st and 6th july. I was so happy men. Just check around 12 noon there about.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

I want to travel to Florida through Atlanta(ATL), where will be my port of entry?

Nigeria to Atlanta (first stop), then to Miami (destination). It is the same airline but they will be having one stop.
It depends on the airline. For emirates airline, you gonna be avin 2 stop over, dats Lagos- Dubai- New York - Atlanta.

Etihad Airways and Qatar will also be having 2 stop over. Dos are d cheapest airline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
“The Lord shall give me the tongue of the learned that I shall know what to speak to the Consular.” That was my declaration adapted from Isaiah 50 vs 4.
Arrived the Consulate at about 6am. Did the usual checking (about 40 of us for the 6.30am batch) and we got into the final hall. Did our biometrics and thereafter sat patiently for the VOs to arrive.
It got to my turn at about 7:30am and I was called to window 10 by a guy presumably in his late 30s. The following conversation which spanned for like 3 minutes ensued between us.

Me: Good morning (with a smile) and how was your night?
VO: Good morning and fine thank you. Let me have your documents please.
Me: I passed them.
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: For my Masters in Business Admin & Mgt.
VO: What school?
Me: University of *****in *****
VO: You applied to any other school? Didn’t hear him well so I quickly responded “Pardon”? And then he asked again.
Me: Yes. I named two other schools (Framed).
VO: So why the school?
Me: The school has the exact curriculum that matches my profile and as well have seasoned professionals both on-field and off-field in the likes of Dr. ****** and Mr ***** offering globally relevant education that will make me fit anywhere in the world. He cuts in
VO: Where did you graduate from?
Me: OOU
VO: What course?
Me: Economics.
VO: Did you write GMAT? Checking my i-20
Me: No, I wrote GRE. (It was waived but I wrote it cos I discovered here that it’s always been asked for)
VO: What was your score?
Me: 302. I then passed the UNOFFICIAL score sheet I printed from my ETS account. He checked and returned it.
VO: What would the degree do for you?
Me: It will equip me with the required skill to manage my dad’s business efficiently when I return to Nigeria.
VO: Who’s sponsoring you?
Me: My Dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: I told him.
VO: Picking the collection letter, he said “I’ll approve your visa. Pick it up at this circled place on Saturday. Goodluck”
Me: Thank you.

No financial document was asked for.

My profound gratitude to God who made it happen. Special thanks to this wonderful personality in Innovativeame who consumed his call credit on lengthy calls just for sessions of dummy interviews for my sake. Only God can reward you bro. Special thanks to those who keep the forum alive and interesting.

To prospective interviewees, God as well as confidence is key as it has always been emphasised here. I experienced that today. Thanks and God bless

Imperiouxx I am waiting for my beer oooo…lol

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by esperiense(m): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
July 29 is available as i type, you can reschedule or better still if you can do "night duty" online watch u may be lucky to get next week
f8luv87:
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
djmakson:
“The Lord shall give me the tongue of the learned that I shall know what to speak to the Consular.” That was my declaration adapted from Isaiah 50 vs 4.
Arrived the Consulate at about 6am. Did the usual checking (about 40 of us for the 6.30am batch) and we got into the final hall. Did our biometrics and thereafter sat patiently for the VOs to arrive.
It got to my turn at about 7:30am and I was called to window 10 by a guy presumably in his late 30s. The following conversation ensued between us.

VO: You applied to any other school? Didn’t hear him well so I quickly responded “Pardon”? And then he asked again.
Me: The school has the exact curriculum that matches my profile and as well have seasoned professionals both on-field and off-field in the likes of Dr. ****** and Mr ***** offering globally relevant education that will make me fit anywhere in the world. He cuts in
Me: No, I wrote GRE. (It was waived but I wrote it cos I discovered here that it’s always been asked for)
Me: 302. I then passed the UNOFFICIAL score sheet I printed from my ETS account. He checked and returned it.
Me: It will equip me with the required skill to manage my dad’s business efficiently when I return to Nigeria.
VO: Picking the collection letter, he said “I’ll approve your visa. Pick it up at this circled place on Saturday. Goodluck”

My profound gratitude to God who made it happen. Special thanks to this wonderful personality in Innovativeame who consumed his call credit on lengthy calls just for sessions of dummy interviews for my sake. Only God can reward you bro. Special thanks to those who keep the forum alive and interesting.

To prospective interviewees, God as well as confidence is key as it has always been emphasised here. I experienced that today. Thanks and God bless

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

Atlanta..guess that's Delta
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
biikeys:

Atlanta..guess that's Delta

Yes Delta
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
kennyrony:

It depends on the airline. For emirates airline, you gonna be avin 2 stop over, dats Lagos- Dubai- New York - Atlanta.

Will I have to pass through the whole screening and questioning at the port of entry of each airport I stop ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
ddbluv:

NEW yORK

Ok..Use hotpads, craigslist,easyroommate to look for students willing to share 2-bed apartments/town houses. You should get something reasonable.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

Yes Delta

Yeah it's in Atlanta
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

Will I have to pass through the whole screening and questioning at the port of entry of each airport I stop ?
No screening, might just ask wer u are heading to. But d real questioning is wen u get to US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
kennyrony:

No screening, might just ask wer u are heading to. But d real questioning is wen u get to US

Ok. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
biikeys:

Yeah it's in Atlanta

Do you mean the only POE I will pass through is the one at Atlanta
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
djmakson:
It got to my turn at about 7:30am and I was called to window 10 by a guy presumably in his late 30s. The following conversation which spanned for like 3 minutes ensued between us.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

your first US stop is your POE. POE is Port of entry. It's not like a place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

You can only have one POE, which can be within or outside the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 4:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
hardeyswaggz:
gurus, from what i have read so far, i can see that one of the supporting documents at the embassy includes bank statement of my sponsor. i initially wanted to go with a reference letter from the bank only. thanks to u guys. But my questions are>>>>

1. from when do i start printing the statements of accounts, i only made use of march SOA for my admission and ma interview is this month.?

2. i am going for an undergraduate course tho i have a degree already, kindly give me insights on how to tackle this.

3. my school never requested for any standard examination like TOEFL, SAT etc whatsoever so i didnt even bother doing one. i am really worried as many pple i have read about here had these results one way or the other.

pls help......
You have to tell the V0 it was waived for you maybe because you had a high GPA or something. I was part of US embassy student online chat and someone asked if standardized test are compulsory at the embassy,the V0 answered and said test scores are determined by schools not the embassy and that each school has their own requirements,she also stated each applicant case is different and judged on their own merit,so no one document guarantees visa,just be confident,have your bank statement and 1-20 and know the proper answres to questions and lastly Put God first in everything you do. Good luck. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Congrats djmakson, I follow share ur testimony too... Chief Innovativeame, me sef go need that pre-interview session with u when im ready o. I'd do the calling, so please be prepared. Thank you in advance. Hehehe grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
hardeyswaggz:
gurus, from what i have read so far, i can see that one of the supporting documents at the embassy includes bank statement of my sponsor. i initially wanted to go with a reference letter from the bank only. thanks to u guys. But my questions are>>>>

1. from when do i start printing the statements of accounts, i only made use of march SOA for my admission and ma interview is this month.?

2. i am going for an undergraduate course tho i have a degree already, kindly give me insights on how to tackle this.

3. my school never requested for any standard examination like TOEFL, SAT etc whatsoever so i didnt even bother doing one. i am really worried as many pple i have read about here had these results one way or the other.

pls help......
I also think for your questions regarding going for a second degree...as long as it is a different course from your first degree,I don't see any problem. Anybody can decide to study another degree in a different course maybe a bit related. Just have a reason why you want to study the course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
slimmy05:
your fist US stop is your POE. POE is point of entry. It's not like a place

Oh, first stop is the POE. Now I understand, thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
biikeys:

You can only have one POE, which can be within or outside the US.

This information was useful, I totally get it now and can also explain to others in doubt too wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
elmadavida:

Oh, first stop is the POE. Now I understand, thank you sir
U don't get it yet. Not first stop, but 1st stop in US.

Your 1st stop might be in Dubai, London etc depending on d airline. But the 1st stop in US is the POE, for instance u are going to Atlanta, u had a stopover in dubai and New York, New York is ur POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
benjaminiyke:
You have to tell the V0 it was waived for you maybe because you had a high GPA or something. I was part of US embassy student online chat and someone asked if standardized test are compulsory at the embassy,the V0 answered and said test scores are determined by schools not the embassy and that each school has their own requirements,she also stated each applicant case is different and judged on their own merit,so no one document guarantees visa,just be confident,have your bank statement and 1-20 and know the proper answres to questions and lastly Put God first in everything you do. Good luck. Amen
But they also deny visas due to standardized tests? The truth of matter is our people should cultivate the habit of writing at least one standardized test. It doesn't kill.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
kennyrony:

Your 1st stop might be in Dubai, London etc depending on d airline. But the 1st stop in US is the POE, for instance u are going to Atlanta, u had a stopover in dubai and New York, New York is ur POE.

Actually your POE might not be on US soil in some cases. Some airports outside the US have US POE(Customs and Immigration) like Etihad(Abu Dhabi), YYZ(Toronto-Pearson) in Canada, if final destination is the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
kennyrony:

Yes I understand that it is the 1st stop in the US. All the same, thank you Kennyrony for ensuring that I am not confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.