Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706339 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
Stewee:

LMFAO!!!
Nothing wey we know go see for this country.
Lol.. Naso.. cheesy
How your side boss!..I'm really working it out so hard to be like you..I can't just wait to be like my Oga
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 12:46am On Jul 05, 2015
What school is that? if you dont mind
RexNdubest:
One course unit in my school costs $5816. I don't think there is a school with such a low tuition fee for a session! Cheapest will be about $15k

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mekurexx: 12:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Im applying there cheesy cheesy but im not certain to go there tho. but we can relate further if you have that time
yemzyray01:
Please anyone studying in valdosta state university. Georgia usa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 1:04am On Jul 05, 2015
profojah:

Lol.. Naso.. cheesy
How your side boss!..I'm really working it out so hard to be like you..I can't just wait to be like my Oga

Lol!
I'm doing good!
Don't worry bruh, everything will work together for your good!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 1:24am On Jul 05, 2015
Walspring:

You are parents pet/boy grin grin grin grin

Abi na....Walspring you no wan update me about your school stuff ni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by match2016: 2:45am On Jul 05, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders,

I am reading through this thread now and I thought I would ask for some advise.
My interview comes up next week and everything seems good for now except that my bro-in-law (BIL) is the one sponsoring me. I just combed through all the threads and it doesn't look like this usually sits well to the VOs; although I have some small funding from the school. Is there anyone that has been sponsored by BIL that got a visa? Also when asked about the sponsor what is the best way to answer the question? Why is my BIL sponsoring me and of what benefit is it to him? What are some documents I can also take along to support my application? Also I noticed the I-20 reads "brother" not "BIL". Should I lie that he is my brother? Is that better?
2) My brother is also in the US for her postgrad studies. Should I let the VO know?

Please kindly advise me house. I am very worried and I cant even sleep again.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:42am On Jul 05, 2015
sammynwaGod:
Guru's im the house. .
Please my bro is trying to pay ma flight ticket but it's not going thru , from yankee
I went to complain at the airline office nd I was told that if someone pays it for me from there . I would be asked to show the card used for paying. which is not possible.
is that someone there cannot help pay ur ticket from their ?

Which airline? The person paying for you here has to go to the nearest major airport to sort that out-especially if paying with a credit card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:43am On Jul 05, 2015
mbeenox:

Texas, I found another on campus apartment n that 1is $529 per month 2bedroom apart, centennial court

UT Arlington?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by erictack203(m): 5:32am On Jul 05, 2015
Hello House,

I intend to apply for Studies in the US and don't know much about it as I just started this thread. Can anyone advice me of whcih cheap Schools that Offers a program in Accounting or the relevance?

Note: I have an IELTS result 5.0, PTE 49 and I have WAEC result. Please advice me with Schools and the possible requirements and other steps.

Thank you in anticipation to your response and advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by yemzyray01(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2015
Mekurexx:
Im applying there cheesy cheesy but im not certain to go there tho. but we can relate further if you have that time
please have you paid for the application fee and how did you go about it.
Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by babbs45: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2015
Folks wanting to fly etihad to the U.S. Should be very careful. Copied this from the U.S. Visiting thread

Good day all. Please my sister us visa was cancelled at POE in Abu Dhabi because she carried her educational certificates along. She was equally delayed for 3days at the airport. Please house what is her chance of winning the case if she contact a lawyer. She said she was kept in an hotel with meal ticket before returning her to Lagos. I warned her not to fly Ethiad.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2015
biikeys:

UT Arlington?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2015
babbs45:
Folks wanting to fly etihad to the U.S. Should be very careful. Copied this from the U.S. Visiting thread

Good day all. Please my sister us visa was cancelled at POE in Abu Dhabi because she carried her educational certificates along. She was equally delayed for 3days at the airport. Please house what is her chance of winning the case if she contact a lawyer. She said she was kept in an hotel with meal ticket before returning her to Lagos. I warned her not to fly Ethiad.
That's lame reason. Again, what was the reason for deporting your sister?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2015
Still wondering if I should wear shirt n knot Tie for my visa interview. Is it necessary?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2015
Stewee:

Nice!
Fort Laud is a lil cheaper than miami...
Don't worry very soon you'll discover how staying at home and saving money can be so much fun! grin
Don't go wasting your money sipping mojito's at the beach when a bottle of gatorade can give you the same fun.
...12hours of studying? Damn tho! grin Whatever works for you bruh!

Sup bro. Coming in through Miami POE. How's the POE??

Besides,
How did you cope with the 9 hour layover in Doha.
I'm anticipating an agonizing wait. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:56am On Jul 05, 2015
mbeenox:
Still wondering if I should wear shirt n knot Tie for my visa interview. Is it necessary?

LOL. No need for a tie. You could keep the jacket though.

I wore jeans and sneakers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2015
babbs45:

Boss, are you sure that's the main reason? I have seen an admission letter bearing conditional status asking the prospective student to present some of his certificate originals on his arrival to the school. Gurus, please help look into this issue to avoid a relative incident from happening.
Cc: Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Deetus, Zeezahbee, Walspring, Stevecrun, Stewee and others.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by babbs45: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, are you sure that's the main reason? I have seen an admission letter bearing conditional status asking the prospective student to present some of his certificate originals on his arrival to the school. Gurus, please help look into this issue to avoid a relative incident from happening.
Cc: Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Deetus, Zeezahbee, Stevecrun, Stewee and others.

Actually, she was going to the U.S. on a tourist visa but had her school credentials with her...

@Deetus, that is not my sister... copied the story from the other thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2015
babbs45:

DARKLIGHT:

Cc: Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Deetus, Zeezahbee, Walspring, Stevecrun, Stewee and others.

The reason for her deportation is clear - she was issued a visitor's visa which was supposed to be for tourism and visit only for her to carry along her educational certificates, thus indicating one with an ulterior motive to enroll in school on arrival in the US and abusing her visa for purposes not it is originally intended for. What plausible reason could a supposed visitor to the US give for having educational certificates, transcripts etc. in her possession? Aren't you supposed to be visiting and sight-seeing? What are carrying your certificate for? Isn't it clear that you have hidden plans to go to school in the US? It is stark obvious that she obtained the wrong visa for her plan (to study) and it is only right that her visitor's visa is cancelled and she goes back to the American embassy to obtain the right visa for her purpose - the F1 visa. Sorry, but that is how the US immigration law works. It is either A or B, there is no in-between.

Her flying Etihad is not the issue. The issue is that she exposed herself by leaving her educational certificates where they could easily be seen. Had she properly stashed away her educational certificates in her check-in luggage or box, she would have been fine. Transferring to F1 status (notice I did not say F1 visa but F1 status as status and visa are two different things. A visa is a permit allowing you to travel and re-enter a country within a specified time frame, say 2 years. Your visa has nothing to do with your status. Status refers to one's legality in the foreign country based on one's visa. A business man who obtains a B1 visa and enters the US and conducts his business transactions is in status (his conducts being in line with the category of visa given to him) or a foreign student with 2-year F1 visa who enters the US and enrolls in school, let's say for Masters, is in F1 status and if after his 2 years of Masters he continues onto PhD, he is still in status even though his 2-year visa may have expired. He would only need to renew his visa if he wants to travel out of the country and re-enter the US) from B1/B2 while in the US is difficult anyway, with a 90% denial rate as you would have to prove the sudden change of mind to study after arrival in the US and prove it was never your ulterior motive to do so.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Cc: Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Deetus, Zeezahbee, Stevecrun, Stewee and others.
We need an honest reason why she was deported. Not just that one above.

If these guys at POE are found guilty, then it's time chop meat cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2015
bbdd:

LOL. No need for a tie. You could keep the jacket though.

I wore jeans and sneakers.

Lol, I'm thinking of wearing a short sleeve button shirt n jeans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2015
babbs45:

Actually, she was going to the U.S. on a tourist visa but had her school credentials with her...

@Deetus, that is not my sister... copied the story from the other thread.

Please give me this case, I have a very competent Lawyer. Technically, she's right to take her certificates, as someone on tourist visa can go to a school for a sight-seeing, in order to return and study there with an F1.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
Please give me this case, I have a very competent Lawyer. Technically, she's right to take her certificates, as someone on tourist visa can go to a school for a sight-seeing, in order to return and study there with an F1.

It is categorically stated on the website of Department of Homeland Security that having a visa DOES NOT guarantee entry into the United States and that US immigration agents at the port of entry have the final decision to admit one into the country or cancel one's visa and deport that person back to their country of origin for even simple reasons such as false representation of travel purpose (exactly what the lady in question was deported for - applying for visitor's visa while she has the purpose of going to school in the US).

http://www.immihelp.com/travel/grounds-of-inadmissibility-entering-united-states.html

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

It is categorically stated on the website of Department of Homeland Security that having a visa DOES NOT guarantee entry into the country and that US immigration agents at the port of entry have the final decision to admit one into the country or cancel one's visa and deport that person back to their country of origin for even simple reasons such as false representation of travel purpose (exactly what the lady in question was deported for).

http://www.immihelp.com/travel/grounds-of-inadmissibility-entering-united-states.html
I know but there's punishment for abuse of human rights.

Also, there's punishment for unlawful deportation. I wish it was me or my relative that was deported this way, then it's time to prove to the world why it's good to be smart.

I fear nobody!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The reason for her deportation is clear - she was issued a visitor's visa which was supposed to be for tourism and visit only for her to carry along her educational certificates, thus indicating one with an ulterior motive to enroll in school on arrival in the US and abusing her visa for purposes not it is originally intended for. What possible reason could a supposed visitor to the US give for carrying her educational certificates, transcripts etc. in her bag?

Thanks, boss! You succinctly explained it. Babbs, did your sister travel with tourist visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:

Also, there's punishment for unlawful deportation. I wish it was me or my relative that was deported this way, then it's time to prove to the world why it's good to be smart.

I see no unlawful deportation in what happened. The lady in question made a mistake big time by exposing her educational certifications when she could have safely stashed them away, thus giving the officer the wrong impression of her her purpose of visit. If my mother is somewhere outside and tells you to come to our house to come get her something and I am at home at the door I have every right to let you in or deny you entry into my house if I have every possible cause to doubt your intentions or what you say. That my mother told you to come to our house (visa) doesn't necessarily mean you CAN enter our house.

You can take this up with any immigration lawyer. In the end, it is not worth all the stress given that court cases take months when all she can simply do is re-apply for an F1 visa and re-enter the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Thanks, boss! You succinctly explained it. Babbs, did you sister travel with tourist visa?

The original poster said she got the post from the US visitor's thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:

I fear nobody!!

Deetus, are you saying that Babbs's sister was "unlawfully" denied entry? What's her chances of winning if she were to take this "case" up? I think we have to establish which visa Babbs's sister traveled with.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The original poster said she got the post from the US visitor's thread.

Ok, boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2015
for me,those middle east airlines point of entry officials are crazy..I passed through same process..Those guys there will browse through your passport and documents even your airline ticket..They do their jobs even better than the immigration guys at the USA ports of entry.It's crazy,my candid advice those coming this fall should be careful..Don't try to form commando,cause they have the rights and means to put you back on their next plane back to Ikeja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:

You just want to waste her money and time, she has no case and visa is not a right but a privilege.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2015
justwise:

You just want to waste her money and time, she has no case and visa is not a right but a privilege.

you said it all...Even if I had my visa..I was not guaranteed until when I crossed the POE

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.