Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709317 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
I know but there's punishment for abuse of human rights.

Also, there's punishment for unlawful deportation. I wish it was me or my relative that was deported this way, then it's time to prove to the world why it's good to be smart.

I fear nobody!!
grin grin grin do we take that as a joke?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2015
justwise:

You just want to waste her money and time, she has no case and visa is not a right but a privilege.

Oga Justwise, so there is no case?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Oga Justwise, so there is no case?

Zero case!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 05, 2015
stevecrun:
for me,those middle east airlines point of entry officials are crazy..I passed through same process..Those guys there will browse through your passport and documents even your airline ticket..They do their jobs even better than the immigration guys at the USA ports of entry.It's crazy,my candid advice those coming this fall should be careful..Don't try to form commando,cause they have the rights and means to put you back on their next plane back to Ikeja.

Ok, boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2015
justwise:

Zero case!!

Ok, boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Deetus, are you saying that Babbs's sister was "unlawfully" denied entry? What's her chances of winning if she were to take this "case" up? I think we have to establish which visa Babbs's sister traveled with.
Yes because certificates are not classified illegal exhibits unless if they are fake.

Second, on a tourist visa, she has the human rights to sight-see and go to a school, get admission with her credentials and return home to apply for an F1 visa.

Aside what Bigfrancis said, let me tell you the honest truth, she may not get a non-immigrant visa anymore due to this record and it really sucks.

No VO would be at ease to approve her non-immigrant visa probably out of "crowded intent". Believe me because her intent to return home after an intended trip has been jeopardized.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 05, 2015
justwise:

grin grin grin do we take that as a joke?
Justwise, you may not understand. We are talking about tricky stuff that could go 50-50.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2015
mbeenox:

Lol, I'm thinking of wearing a short sleeve button shirt n jeans

You could add a jacket to look more professional.
As we call it packaging. But don't overdo with the tie thing.
You'll be fine.
Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
Justwise, you may not understand. We are talking about tricky stuff that could go 50-50.

Nothing tricky here, you don't have any right to be allowed into U.S. They reserve the right to send you back at any point and you have no case in court. Let's not give people false hope here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by justwise(m): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
Yes because certificates are not classified illegal exhibits unless if they are fake.

Second, on a tourist visa, she has the human rights to sight-see and go to a school, get admission with her credentials and return home to apply for an F1 visa.

Aside what Bigfrancis said, let me tell you the honest truth, she may not get a non-immigrant visa anymore due to this record and it really sucks.

No VO would be at ease to approve her non-immigrant visa probably out of "crowded intent". Believe me because her intent to return home after an intended trip has been jeopardized.

Again false, this got nothing to do with her human right especially as a non- U.S citizen. All these things you are saying is just theory, practically you got no chance in hell.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2015
justwise:

Nothing tricky here, you don't have any right to be allowed into U.S. They reserve the right to send you back at any point and you have no case in court. Let's not give people false hope here.
But Isn't a penalty for unlawful deportation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 11:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmm all this abu dhabi this doha that undecided abeg make I safe some more and go and dash united or delta airlines, with their 11hours boringtainment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2015
amanze15:
Hmmm all this abu dhabi this doha that undecided abeg make I safe some more and go and dash united or delta airlines, with their 11hours boringtainment
wise decision or you can just use Turkish airlines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2015
If that guy's sister wants to turn things around for better or sort of, she could as well apply to study Law cheesy so as to make the whole episode interesting. There's a lot to say to convince the VO and Immigration Officers and even make them laugh.

I understand what she is going through right now and could tell her to take heart and never give up in life because "every disappointment is a blessing in disguise".

My own brother was denied a student visa by the UK a few years ago. Later was invited by the UK for something, but he declined.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
If that guy's sister wants to turn things around for better or sort of, she could as well apply to study Law cheesy so as to make the whole episode interesting. There's a lot to say to convince the VO and Immigration Officers and even make them laugh.

I understand what she is going through right now and could tell her to take heart and never give up in life because "every disappointment is a blessing in disguise".

My own brother was denied a student visa by the UK a few years ago. Later was invited by the UK for something, but he declined.
and do you think the United kingdom got anything to lose when your brother declined their invitation..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
stevecrun:
and do you think the United kingdom got anything to lose when your brother declined their invitation..
Lmao grin that was gross.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
But Isn't a penalty for unlawful deportation?
What unlawful deportation?? POE is also like embassy, it's as if you want to sue the VO for not issuing a visa.

Some cases are never be disputed
I watch all this border issh on YouTube. Coming with your certificate shows you want to work unlawfully in USA. Shikena

The lady was never gonna apply any to School.

She's a victim of a shabby untrained visa agent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by efizzy22: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hi house, plz if I buy round way ticket, how can I sell the return ticket when I get there. As a student for long-term course is it bad traveling wit one-way ticket?... plz doz that is already in the U.S answer me. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, are you sure that's the main reason? I have seen an admission letter bearing conditional status asking the prospective student to present some of his certificate originals on his arrival to the school. Gurus, please help look into this issue to avoid a relative incident from happening.
Cc: Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Slimmy05, Deetus, Zeezahbee, Walspring, Stevecrun, Stewee and others.
I don't see any reason why I can't fly any airline. People still get scared when they actually have all they could to get into the Usa. Some end up becoming victim of half baked agents. A friend that never step USA said I should not fly with qatar, they bounce this and that.

I flew Qatar exactly a year ago today. I didn't have any issue at their POe because my stop over was just 1hr 45mjn .I paid just $625 for that flight, who no like cheap thing.

I got brawl with Cbp at Barcelona. See me see trouble. They were asking for schengen visa, Wetin concern Agbero with overload. I met load of student that have missed flight and never said a word. The Cbp told me to sit down that I was going back home. Na so I start my para. I told them (Spain) should never have allowed Qatar to have a stopover if they know it's a requirement to have a schengen visa. My connecting flight to JfK was in 1hr30min. The other dulling student and some other folks just gathered around me and watch my mouth as I was talking. I told them to attach a officer to each of us to follow us to our departure.

How on earth will I be going to USA and I will elope to Barcelona? Na so their oya sef con reason am and she set everyone free. Am sure they will probably have revised their senseless rule.

This story is to show that anywhere you go, stand out, show credibility, be real, go with the right document. Don't panic.

As long as you got your case right, no one will ever stop you.

Be it etihad, untied, KLM or worefa. If you do meme, Cbp will bounce you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
AgreatMan:
hello house, I am not new here, I read mining, applied to 3 programs but got rejected. I believe I am learning an important lesson in life as I have been so used to getting things without extra effort. I am applying to mining in all 4 applications 4 spring where I have a very good case unlike b4 where I applied for geology n pet. all schools r screaming toefl.... so i have paid for toefl, I must say that toefl is racist because I have been answering official questions without prior preparation n ma scores r very good although I hv been actively watching lots of Hollywood since d days of jack baeur n I never use subtitles.

I have an issue, I can't check my gre scores and I can't send scores. although, gre had previously sent me 3 separate mails that I owe $215, but there is also a place on d mail that said that I shd ignore if I paid. I hv always ignored it because my scores was sent to me and all schools acknowledged receipt of scores. I have mailed gre to correct their wahala cos although I had v151 n q150, am not ready 2 write that thing again. has anyone else experienced such n is there anyother thing I could do? the agency who registered it had agreed to take it up too.

Please I need inputs.

Dont have solution to your problem, but I am surprised you scored higher in verbal compared to Quant for a technical course like petroleum.
Try schools around Dakota, their GRE requirement are low, Louisianna schools also, but LSU is damn expensive and has more years to comlletion if your from sciences or not core Bsc. Petroleum.
Theres also Uni Wyoming, admission there is straight forward if u get 305 in GRE, (which means u have to write it again) cos they dont bend that rule.
However, Petroleum schools have reduced their GRE marks as students no longer pursue this course since its not viable economically (Job prospect as compared to pre-2014), if it were then admission scores were above 310.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao grin that was gross.
na true na.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ttmacoy: 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
Doesn't that depend on what she claims she is going to do in the US?

You do know you can be issued a prospective students B1 visa if you made it clear you are going to the US to check out potential schools.

I don't think she has a case because immigration would have cancelled her visa based on the conviction she isn't going got holidays and rather has the objective of converting to F1 status or even use the certificates to work illegally. This can easily be ascertained by not being able to clearly explain what tourist things she is going to do or her story not supported with what is in her suitcase etc.

DeeTus:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ttmacoy: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ttmacoy: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Applications to change from B-2 status to F-1 status are given special attention by INS. Therefore, there are several things prospective students can do to minimize the risk of their application being denied:
Courts have found that enrolling in school or applying for a change in status only a short time after entry to the United States may demonstrate an individual's preconceived intent to be a student and that the individual did not, in fact, truthfully enter the country as a visitor. If USCIS believe this to be the case, an application to change status will be denied. To protect against this happening, even if a student changes his/her mind shortly after entering the U.S. DO NOT enroll in a school or apply to change status too quickly after entering the U.S. At most, enroll in school only part-time, and delay an application to change status until only a few weeks before the visitor's visa expires.
If the USCIS believes that an applicant's intention to study arose after entry in B-2 status, it will usually approve a change from B-2 to F-1. However, if USCIS has any doubt, it will often request further evidence, either from the student or from the school, as to the dates the student first contacted the school, applied to the school, and was accepted to the school, to determine whether a preconceived intent to study existed. Individuals who enter the United States in B-2 status and who have either already applied to schools or are carrying school records with them and applying for a status change shortly after entry will be denied a change to F-1 status.
A person who has a "prospective student" endorsement or annotation on his/her B-2 visa should routinely be able to obtain a change to F-1 status. If an individual planning to visit the United States thinks there is any chance he/she might want to attend school in the U.S., when applying for a Visitor's visa a "prospective student" endorsement should be requested. This would be noted directly on the visa, so that if the individual does apply for a change in status there is little chance that Immigration might deny the request . . . at least, not for "preconceived intent" to attend school.

DeeTus:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by babbs45: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Thanks, boss! You succinctly explained it. Babbs, did your sister travel with tourist visa?

Oga, e no be my sister ooo, I read the story at the visit thread and I thought I share it here.

Another thing that didn't help her case was her returned ticket back to naija showed she'll be staying in the U.S. for four month... don't think she filled that on DS160 form. Very sad story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The reason for her deportation is clear - she was issued a visitor's visa which was supposed to be for tourism and visit only for her to carry along her educational certificates, thus indicating one with an ulterior motive to enroll in school on arrival in the US and abusing her visa for purposes not it is originally intended for. What plausible reason could a supposed visitor to the US give for having educational certificates, transcripts etc. in her possession? Aren't you supposed to be visiting and sight-seeing? What are carrying your certificate for? Isn't it clear that you have hidden plans to go to school in the US? It is stark obvious that she obtained the wrong visa for her plan (to study) and it is only right that her visitor's visa is cancelled and she goes back to the American embassy to obtain the right visa for her purpose - the F1 visa. Sorry, but that is how the US immigration law works. It is either A or B, there is no in-between.

Her flying Etihad is not the issue. The issue is that she exposed herself by leaving her educational certificates where they could easily be seen. Had she properly stashed away her educational certificates in her check-in luggage or box, she would have been fine. Transferring to F1 status (notice I did not say F1 visa but F1 status as status and visa are two different things. A visa is a permit allowing you to travel and re-enter a country within a specified time frame, say 2 years. Your visa has nothing to do with your status. Status refers to one's legality in the foreign country based on one's visa. A business man who obtains a B1 visa and enters the US and conducts his business transactions is in status (his conducts being in line with the category of visa given to him) or a foreign student with 2-year F1 visa who enters the US and enrolls in school, let's say for Masters, is in F1 status and if after his 2 years of Masters he continues onto PhD, he is still in status even though his 2-year visa may have expired. He would only need to renew his visa if he wants to travel out of the country and re-enter the US) from B1/B2 while in the US is difficult anyway, with a 90% denial rate as you would have to prove the sudden change of mind to study after arrival in the US and prove it was never your ulterior motive to do so.
So does that mean that if I finish my first degree (nursing) and want to move into medical or dental school and I get admission, I do not need to come back to Nigeria to get another visa as long as I'm a student?

Cc slimmy05 walspring please everyone I need ur opinions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bayocanny: 3:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
amanze15:
Hahah this guy, see as u con dey fear, if u know that u can't face the Qatar POE kindly book Ethiopia airway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Busconductor:

So does that mean that if I finish my first degree (nursing) and want to move into medical or dental school and I get admission, I do not need to come back to Nigeria to get another visa as long as I'm a student?

Cc slimmy05 walspring please everyone I need ur opinions
You don't need to go back to Nigeria. As long as you are still in status, you are fine.

Once you decide you want to travel home, you need to renew your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
stevecrun:
Of course but they had to respect his decision just like he respected the UK's decision when he was denied. We truly need to know where we belong and our targets in life.

Life is so intriguing!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
What unlawful deportation?? POE is also like embassy, it's as if you want to sue the VO for not issuing a visa.

Some cases are never be disputed
I watch all this border issh on YouTube. Coming with your certificate shows you want to work unlawfully in USA. Shikena

The lady was never gonna apply any to School.

She's a victim of a shabby untrained visa agent.
Ok, you made a lot of sense here. I think the officers capitalized on this and sent her home.

Her body language would have said it all.

You're very clever.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
DeeTus:
Of course but they had to respect his decision just like he respected the UK's decision when he was denied. We truly need to know where we belong and our targets in life.

Life is so intriguing!
you definitely right..UK is overrated sometimes...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
I don't see any reason why I can't fly any airline. People still get scared when they actually have all they could to get into the Usa. Some end up becoming victim of half baked agents. A friend that never step USA said I should not fly with qatar, they bounce this and that.

I flew Qatar exactly a year ago today. I didn't have any issue at their POe because my stop over was just 1hr 45mjn .I paid just $625 for that flight, who no like cheap thing.

I got brawl with Cbp at Barcelona. See me see trouble. They were asking for schengen visa, Wetin concern Agbero with overload. I met load of student that have missed flight and never said a word. The Cbp told me to sit down that I was going back home. Na so I start my para. I told them (Spain) should never have allowed Qatar to have a stopover if they know it's a requirement to have a schengen visa. My connecting flight to JfK was in 1hr30min. The other dulling student and some other folks just gathered around me and watch my mouth as I was talking. I told them to attach a officer to each of us to follow us to our departure.

How on earth will I be going to USA and I will elope to Barcelona? Na so their oya sef con reason am and she set everyone free. Am sure they will probably have revised their senseless rule.

This story is to show that anywhere you go, stand out, show credibility, be real, go with the right document. Don't panic.

As long as you got your case right, no one will ever stop you.

Be it etihad, untied, KLM or worefa. If you do meme, Cbp will bounce you
Clever gurl cheesy

No dulling in life. That's why i don't associate with dulling people but those who think very fast and ahead. Look at how you saved them.

Pls borrow me ur sense small. I need it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.