Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708583 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
akin3102:
Abegi leave this guy to go and prepare for his GRE..No need for plenty talk..we wish him best of luck...
where you hide since?..abi you don dey obodooyinbo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
our lecturers will tell you for any student to have a first class in chemistry, that student must be outstanding in practical chemistry along side the theoretical area but in situation where the school has poor laboratory equipments,how do you gauge their practical know how, which is very important in chemistry.
Leave Nigerian lecturers aside, they are very corrupt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mystiqme:

Hello Ben bro,

Admissions in the US does not depend on only one document. They believe in using several pieces of evidence to gauge the success of a potential student. So, if you have an average CGPA, you have other opportunities to make it up. Great GRE and TOEFL scores, top-notch letters of recommendations, relevant research/work experience and a sparkling SOP are some of these ways. They understand that some students are smart, but don't 'test' well, that is, they do not do well in exams. So, follow the GRE thread and ace the GRE, circulate your SOP to willing members here who can read and edit it for you, and make sure you pick lecturers who will write good letters, that accentuate your skills, not generic 'he's a good boy' letters.
I can help in anyway you want.

Best.
wow!!! Am so grateful bro for your heart warming advice. Please I will need your guide in every step of the way as soon as I start my application. Thanks so so much. How can I get in contact with you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
Kennyronny...leave the young man alone.
kennyrony:

Abeg give him names and matric number make he go comfirm. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pennstate(m): 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
profojah:

Oga I have so so so many friends with first class in Industrial and pure chemistry... My mates, my juniors and my seniors from Unilag... There shouldn't be an excuse in failure...be it lecturer's faults or bulkiness of courses. So many people in the same shoes as you but they manage to come out with first class or a very close-to-first class grade.
All from Unilag. Boss that's great. Hope they are blazing the trail.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
akin3102:
Kennyronny...leave the young man alone.
My boss, I sight u. back to my low key...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Denvan: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
Busconductor:

william paterson university......are you also going to NJ? if so, which school?
Rutgers university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
Boss na work hold me oh..though I do read all comments..
profojah:

where you hide since?..abi you don dey obodooyinbo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
DeeTus:
Leave Nigerian lecturers aside, they are very corruption.
lool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello guys, I dey greet everyone here o.... the oldies, newbies, ladies, g'men and the visa celebrants.

Active mod (justwise), I dey holla @ u too oo.

Before I start any post, let me do the needful..... reading from page 92 to 162. undecided

Men... see lot of pms that I didn't check. I know I've bleeped up with some.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Oga bigfrancis..Please drop your mail..let's have words in Spartacus's voice..Lol..u can just send me a mail on topeakinmoladun @gmail.com..na beg I dey beg oh
bigfrancis21:

Haha. Where are you at the moment?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
profojah:

Saddist plenty for abraka na ...Even two depts in my school, na saddists full there..Innovativeame and paulbets dept..Ask them cheesy cheesy
hahaha.... I tell you bro. I will prepare for my GRE with real focus and intent. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Imperiouxx in the building..boss I need your email oh..or u can just send me a mail on topeakinmoladun@gmail.com..Thanks
imperiouxx:
Hello guys, I dey greet everyone here o.... the oldies, newbies, ladies, g'men and the visa celebrants.

Before I start any post, let me do the needful..... reading from page 92 to 162. undecided

Men... see lot of pms that I didn't check. I know I've bleeped up with some.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
bbdd:
PLEASE BEFORE COMING TO THIS THREAD TO ASK QUESTIONS, THERES SOMETHING CALLED GOOGLE.

IT WONT BE BAD TO USE IT. LOTS OF RIDICULOUS QUESTION HERE FROM ODD HANDLES.

How can someone be asking if GRE and TOEFL are the same? Gosh....
Google it already!

That's called first hand info directly from horse's mouth.... trust my country people na grin ..... some still dey keep money under bed instead of bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
Inspirational speaker darklight..I hail boss..I am not used to this nairaland PM..u can send me a mail on topeakinmoladun@gmail.com..when are you travelling?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
DeeTus:
Leave Nigerian lecturers aside, they are very corrupt.
I wasn't laughing at your sentence atal...I knew it was a mistake.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
hahaha.... I tell you bro. I will prepare for my GRE with real focus and intent. Thanks
Pm me for some materials (hard and soft copies)..I'll give them to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
Did you see my watsapp message today?
kennyrony:

My boss, I sight u. back to my low key...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
You forgot to tell him to also post the scores..Lol
profojah:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
wow!!! Am so grateful bro for your heart warming advice. Please I will need your guide in every step of the way as soon as I start my application. Thanks so so much. How can I get in contact with you?
did you graduate from delta state uni.I schooled there too. Political science department.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
profojah:

wow!! Thanks so much...how do I send personal message on nairaland,am new here. No offense please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:

Bro if you are going to start preparing for GRE, I advice you to start now. The verbal section is more 'saddister' (I won't be surprised if u find that word in the GRE) than all the lecturers you've come across o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
stevecrun:
did you graduate from delta state uni.I schooled there too. Political science department.
yes o. GREAT delsuites. You are welcome. Good to have you here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
I wasn't laughing at your sentence atal...I knew it was a mistake.
Yeah, thanks for that. My keyboard perhaps wanted to take a rest for a while but i'm not letting it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
gsun:
Dear house,
Thank y’all for the help you are rendering to others in here.

I have a bit of problem. And here is my case:
I got a PhD offer with an engineering department at a public University in the US. In the offer it was stated that funding is not guaranteed for now that the department will try to match me with Professors having grants in line with my interest to be my advisors so I could get funding from working with them. For that reason, I moved on to accept the offer, considering that I had applied to two schools under harsh conditions and later on the lower ranked school sent me regret mail for a probable mistake on my part. Meanwhile, I already had would be advisor there.

I'm sure you've found solution to this. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
yes o. GREAT delsuites. You are welcome. Good to have you here.
guess,you new here..so I welcome you.Let us know where we can help and we'll gladly do.GREAT DELSUITES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
meritdee:

Bro if you are going to start preparing for GRE, I advice you to start now. The verbal section is more 'saddister' (I won't be surprised if u find that word in the GRE) than all the lecturers you've come across o.
lol...hmmm. I heed your advice Bro. I will visit the GRE thread for start up.Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
meritdee:

hmmm. I will start up immediately. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
akin3102:
So na u dey handle self study..Thanks Man..people are not getting response again oh..a Frd told me..I downloaded the stuff and I sent to like 10 frds..kudos..

You got him wrong. The link contains ebooks initially gathered by me, webstradamus and some guys here from various sources. And was uploaded on google doc far back as 2012/2013 by webstradamus.... another noble friend and member here.

And this post instigated the link. https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4/313#17479694
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
stevecrun:
guess,you new here..so I welcome you.Let us know where we can help and we'll gladly do.GREAT DELSUITES
thank you so much Bro....am in receipt of your message.*smiles* I will need yóur contacts too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pennstate(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
DeeTus:
The truth here is he will really struggle to procure admission. The Chinese and Indians are also there. These guys present great CGPAs.

So, let him not concentrate on Chemistry only. There are other majors he could apply to. Chemistry is really tough. I doubt if those who got First-class in Nigeria did it all themselves.
Thank You.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
slimmy05:
I guess I cited imperiouxx. Boss how you dey?

How are you doing my brother. Hope you're enjoying yourself?

Nairaland tab pops up whenever my broswer is online but that doesn't mean I was on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.