Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,744 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706292 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
yemzyray01:
I have tried paying with both uba and gtb master card but I get address mismatch error
read my message, call them to make your payment, don't go online. Call them and make your payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
ddbluv:

Thanks, but I'll rather go a wk earlier & book hotel, then see things for myself. I do believe I can get something reasonable @ <$500.
The apartments from $700 & above are luxurious & not study friendly

In NY +C? undecided Probably you're talking about upstate or shared room in long island.

You can't get a good room for normal human at <$500 in NYC.

Don't waste your time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
@Urch1980
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
someone told me if I had a GPA of 3.00 on a 5.0 scale then I can apply to any school and I will be admitted..my question is what is the difference between 2.98 and 3.00? I think stellar GPA should be from 3.5 upwards.

Ur GPA is not bad, Ace ur TOEfl n GRE, then u can apply to like 5 schools, just choose a good school n pick average schools to low schools to ensure u get admission. I think ur Gre score will better determine d kind of schools u should apply 2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
@TeeRaf, elmadavida, efizzy22, sammynwaGod, kenkool, Joetobs, Elparaiso, djmakson, frankunderwood, Urch1980 and oyeg

Cheers guys!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
ProfOjah:

Are you a geologist?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
Walspring:
@Imperiouxx

Big boss, I hope you still coming to Nigeria soon. The good news is that power supply is making small sense now compare to before. grin grin grin grin

There is no break until end of the year my brother. That's when we're coming.

I hope few things are better now at home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
djmakson:

Maybe he's in Naija Sef cos I notice it's been a while he dished out bottles of beer. Sir Imperiouxx we are waiting for our share of the bottles oooo.

He will never forget thee.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
OjaP:
ProfOjah:

Are you a geologist?
Noo my Oga..I studied Botany,(concentration in Paleobotany and Palynology)..So I was opportune to take some GEOL courses as electives in 300 and 400level...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Has any one flown with Arik Airline to US? If you have, how was the experience?

I was told not to fly with them because they are not time reliable...... Adani duro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
imperiouxx:

I was told not to fly with them because they are not time reliable...... Adani duro.

Ok, boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
benjaminiyke:
schools differ tho. I can categorically tell you that in the History of DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY no student has achieved first class in chemistry. The lecturers will come to class and even tell you themselves that no matter what you do 2"1 is the maximum. They will shrink your GPA. Lol

Crap! Winners don't ball like that, man! Because the lecturers said it doesn't make it the standard. All they did was work on your mind and subject you not to reason like First Class students. Truth is that no one has ever worked to merit it. Forget that excuse!

OAU. English. The same lies they told us when I got admitted. They kept on telling us that the last time someone made a First Class was decades ago. Sadly, we were already, unknowingly, feeding our subconscious mind with the bullsh!t that making a First Class would be a forlorn attempt.

(Un)fortunately, I became a god when I was in 300L grin. Still a young G blesses God. cheesy What they do is to make you think 2-1 is the best you can get. Hence, you start reading like a 2-1 student.

They are only trying to make us green graduates with that nonsense. Ok, enough of ranting. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Stewee:

Lol
And a post humorous birthday greetings to you djmakson grin

Thank you my brother. God bless you richly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
godG:

Crap! Winners don't ball like that, man! Because the lecturers said it doesn't make it the standard. All they did was work on your mind and subject you not to reason like First Class students. Truth is that no one has ever worked to merit it. Forget that excuse!

OAU. English. The same lies they told us when I got admitted. They kept on telling us that the last time someone made a First Class was decades ago. Sadly, we were already, unknowingly, feeding our subconscious mind with the bullsh!t that making a First Class would be a forlorn attempt.

(Un)fortunately, I became a god when I was in 300L grin. Still a young G blesses God. cheesy What they do is to make you think 2-1 is the best you can get. Hence, you start reading like a 2-1 student.

They are only trying to make us green graduates with that nonsense. Ok, enough of ranting. smiley
Naso bro!.Nice one...That's the spirit.. I'll always respect every first-class product cos its not easy!.. Ask a Nairalander on d UK thread (dolapobello), I always prostrate whenever I see him at the faculty grin despite all the fine chicks wey plenty for his class, he no even drop 0.01 from his maintained cgpa from 100-400L..
godG baba..."shey ko wa le"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
jakeharris:

Coz of why ? Why did you not book on time

Busy schedules
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
@profojah

I never forget you, still working on that levels you told me today...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
profojah:

Naso bro!.Nice one...That's the spirit.. I'll always respect every first-class product cos its not easy!.. Ask a Nairalander on d UK thread (dolapobello), I always prostrate whenever I see him at the faculty grin despite all the fine chicks wey plenty for his class, he no even drop 0.01 from his maintained cgpa from 100-400L..
godG baba..."shey ko wa le"?

Baba mi fada, ko wa sile o! I'm loyal to your government!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Walspring:
@profojah

I never forget you, still working on that levels you told me today...
I think say you don forget ni..Thanks bro. What happen to you and tayur009' number..Not going
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
I'm thinking of booking a hotel for 4 days, while I search for accommodation, please any advice?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
whitefriars:
Hello Everyone, Good Morning Please who has heard about Clarkson University and Knows anyone attending Clarkson University in NewYork @Walspring and Deetus

If you are going for graduate make use of usnews.com and gradschools.com to read more about your school

If you are going for undergraduate make use of usnews.com and collegeboard.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
mbeenox:
I'm thinking of booking a hotel for 4 days, while I search for accommodation, please any advice?

Bro, if you have the money, why not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
i tot u guz do say ere dat der is a space to fill d number of siblings u have in d ds160....i didnt c any column for dat o
help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
mbeenox:

You just want to waste your few dollars... Try and arrange apartment with school or outside school, when making use of craigslist or other site just let them know that you pay upon arrival since you coming for the first time as a student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
profojah:

I think say you don forget ni..Thanks bro. What happen to you and tayur009' number..Not going

Network issue, even here i sent messages to some numbers instantly it will tell me message sending failed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
adewoleray:
Help me pls
Pls how often can someone on f1 visa visit Nigeria during the course of his studies in the USA
If such person has an emergency, can he return to Nigeria to attend to the emergency during the course of his studies in school in the USA ?
Thanks

Of course you can but contact your school DSO whenever you leaving so that they can guide you on what to do so that you wont have issues at POE when entering back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
profojah:
Mbeenox and Urch1980...Congratulations bro..My mind talk am say many visas will be granted this week

Prof turned prophet grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
haffikem:
congrats to mbenox oyeg and orch.

let every spirit of visa denial be cast away ONLY for sincere students.

All those that are also masking as students but potential immigrants and all those that are seeking to get visa/admission without writing ANY standardized test please have a rethink cos VOs are monitoring the thread.

Goodluck peeps.

Amen oooo.. grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Centrix: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
imperiouxx:

Where is your school in NY? With that $750/mo, I'm afraid to tell you may not like the place when you move in.

Actually, I've found pretty decent places for less in the bronx. I'm not in NY at the moment so I've had someone contact the agent to schedule a tour. If its anything like what it looks like in the photos, I'm taking it. Btw, bronx is about the cheapeast borough in New York City
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
LagosNIV:

Jus because dis VO is oyibo don mean he cannot hear de pidgin. i jus don feel jokes about oloshi is to laff.
I swear I don't understand what you just wrote.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
idcom1:

plz boss I was trying to book an appointment only to notice I have mistyped my passport number.. my passport number A06393***and wrong passport number I fill is A06393***. plz what can I do to correct this am so confused. Anyone with help will be highly appreciated

slimmy05:
oh ok. Disregard it and create another one or email the embassy to assist you correct it. Use the suggestion/ feedback option to send message to them. Attach the bio page of your passport and they will help correct it for you.

Using the feedback to contact embassy to edit it for him is the best for him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
iRyan:
I swear I don't understand what you just wrote.

You use google and it will help you to understand it better... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
amanze15:
Guys pls how do I get to lekki phase one from ojota, abeg I no sabi lagos o lipsrsealed just a nwafor from the east angry grin

You can get bus going to Ajah before you get to Ajah the conductor will call your bus stop

Try and get Ajah from Oshodi and its always fast to filled up, also i am not sure if you will get it at Ojota

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.