Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708593 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Help4rmabove:
Thanks for your response.

Will my B1/B2 which I currently have improve my chances , along with the funding & GTA offerred by the school?

The total cost of the school is $39,000.00 which includes Tuition, fees, Health Insurance, feeding and accommodation. The school has already offered $33,000.00. I can self sponsor myself for the balance.

My concern is that one is never sure with the VOs. For example, my B1/B2 interview took less than 3 mins while over 5 people have been rejected before me.

Has anyone with funding (partial & funding) been rejected and what is the success rate.

Bold 1... Yes it will only if you have good traveling history and you didn't violate laws, rules and regulation during your trip

Bold 2... Yes if you can prove to VO why you got it

Bold 3... Everyone case is unique and VO ask similar questions in different ways

Bold 4... Yes people with funding do get rejected if they can prove to the VO why they merit the funding either partial or full and also if they once violated the US laws before.. 99 ratio 1 ( 99:1)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
profojah:

cheesy grin All those lecturers in Choba craze small...My ex-girlfriend told me one nearly raped her, when she refuse to accept his plea

Na wa ooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by buzibiza: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
Visa approved today at Abuja embassy 7:30am. Pls, transcript will come up later today. Thanks everyone, u guys ROCK!!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by charzyh2: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
buzibiza:
Visa approved today at Abuja embassy 7:30am. Pls, transcript will come up later today. Thanks everyone, u guys ROCK!!
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by stryda(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thank you.

God bless

Walspring:

Stop wondering on negative stuffs.. Sometimes VO don't have time to check schools you sent your GRE to, but if asked why the 2 schools showing then you tell the VO that other schools didnt ask for GRE and you didnt bother to send the test score to them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by haffikem(m): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Help4rmabove:
Good Morning, I need your advice.
I have admission offer of MSc from a University in Ohio. The offer is with GTA, therefore it is fully funded (full tuition waiver) and a generous monthly stipends. I have to provide for health insurance, mandatory fees and upkeep. The total amount I need to show is $6k. I have well over this amount in my statement. Also, I have a B1/B2 which is still valid for over a year now. Please what are:
1) My chances of obtaining F1 visa
2) Has anyone with full funded admission letter being declined before.
Thanks

you wont be denied..you have upper hand because you have travelled and returned.

you also got admission with full funding...enough morale.

just go grab your visa ..you need leas talk because your pedigree has all spoken for you a forehand.

don't forget to post your transcript once you successful ooh.

bonne chance !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
ferdimako:

but she said she has gone there in October 2013 to give birth. how she take do am then?
them send ticket for am grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
purplesummer:
Hi everyone. Please o, I want to do my LL.M in the US, do I need to write GRE or any standardized test at all? Do lawyers write GRE too?
Thank you

No, need for you to write GRE. You may need to write TOEFL though, depending on your school requirements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Help4rmabove:
Thanks for your response.

Will my B1/B2 which I currently have improve my chances along with the funding & GTA offerred by the school?

The total cost of the school is $39,000.00 which includes Tuition, fees, Health Insurance, feeding and accommodation. The school has already offered $33,000.00. I can self sponsor myself for the balance.

My concern is that one is never sure with the VOs. For example, my B1/B2 interview took less than 3 mins while over 5 people have been rejected before me.

Has anyone with funding (partial & funding) been rejected and what is the success rate.

bros congrats o what a deal shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by whitefriars: 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
buzibiza:
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
stryda:

Thank you.

God bless

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
buzibiza:
Congratulations bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
chummygirl:
Hello house,
Pls can somebody use two(2) sponsors? I want to use my husband and my uncle? Pls reply

yes you can. But be ready to ansa why ur uncle is among your sponsors
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by purplesummer(f): 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
biikeys:

No, need for you to write GRE. You may need to write TOEFL though, depending on your school requirements.
Alright. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kunlebal(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
sammynwaGod:

santa Monica.
The art Institute of California
Oh cool, not too far. I dey Orange county area.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hay NL please how can I change my time of appointment without affecting my real date of appointment. Urgent please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
Walspring:

Private or Outside laboratory will be activated
lol@walspring. There must be a way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
SantaClause:
Hay NL please how can I change my time of appointment without affecting my real date of appointment. Urgent please
You probably want to pay for another visa fee. Instead give the money to Charity.

Yo man, already mailed you. @Djmakson
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
DeeTus:
You probably want to pay for another visa fee. Instead give the money to Charity.

Yo man, already mailed you. @Djmakson

Thanks bro I did it without any payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
@Walspring, bigfrancis21, slimmy05
HELLO all, pls the person that paid for my sevis used my old work address which i s nw different from all other documents. is ther an impication. pls i need an urgent reply
@ imperiouxx , @profojah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
nairapolice:
HELLO all, pls the person that paid for my sevis used my old work address which i s nw different from all other documents. is ther an impication. pls i need an urgent reply
@ imperiouxx , @profojah
No worries at all. Home Address is not important. You can leave it blank. What is paramount is your name and date of birth.

Also, is the fact that the receipt can be printed out through the SEVIS OFFICIAL WEBSITE. And that makes it so easy.

Just focus on your interview. Best of luck man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
nairapolice:

h
No implication, but you can update your address by sending DHS email of your new address and it would be updated within 48hrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
nairapolice:
@ imperiouxx , @profojah
No implication..Address isn't that important..But just make sure your sevis ID , Names, DOB and other info is correct
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by nairapolice: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
@DeeTus, profojah, slimmy05
Thanks for relieving my worries. God will surely reward u guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by efizzy22: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
Plz anyone knows anything about Houston POE and it's officers. What are the documents I need to show dem at the airport. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
efizzy22:
.... thanks bro.. can I used my Nigerian Master card on the site?

Yeah make sure it's first bank or other popular banks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
stryda:

Thank you.

God bless

Ur case is similar to mine. I applied to two universities and its showing in my report sheet. Please what school doesn't require GRE? I scored 324.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
nairapolice:
@DeeTus, profojah, slimmy05
Thanks for relieving my worries. God will surely reward u guys
Amen to that!!

@Djmankson, check your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
stryda:
Hello Good day,
My visa interview is next week and i applied to only 2 schools. I want to know if that is too low and I am wondering whether i should add one more. Also I am worried that they would search the gre test sheets and see that i only applied to two schools. Any ideas please would be welcomed.

Thanks

Bro you can tell em you applied to 5 schools and list em and say they all gave you admission and you chose one Coz of bla bla they don't check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
efizzy22:
Plz anyone knows anything about Houston POE and it's officers. What are the documents I need to show dem at the airport. Thanks

Houston poe is kind of hard but again if you have done nothing wrong it's gonna be safe passage
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
slimmy05:
You will end up spending all your saved $$ in the hotel. Motel here cost nothing less than $50 per night, that is if you search well. Which school you heading to?

UT Arlington, I still have to book for hotel atleast for the day I will arrive, I found 1 very close to the school at $60...all the apartment re seeing I can't be too sure I will take them unless I see it for real. Or can I move into an apartment on day of arrival without any prior deposit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
brosdoncome:

Ur case is similar to mine. I applied to two universities and its showing in my report sheet. Please what school doesn't require GRE? I scored 324.

You can say u sent a scanned copy to the schools not showing on Gre score shit, University of Houston take scan copies of documents

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.