Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708643 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2015
bomly:
Hello People,

Where can I find cheap USA Flight? Any idea on booking flight from Lagos to USA
wakanow.com, kayak.com/flights...very reliable or u fit kukuma check the site of ur preferred airline

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2015
efizzy22:
Please pals. For those who have traveled. Which site can I booked my flight online that is reliable with out all dis Agent stuff. Thanks

Use kayak.com or Expedia.com or cheap air. Com that's if they work in naija you would find the cheapest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2015
DanjaNinja:

I would be cautious with such recommendations cos level of intelligence, familiarity with the subject matter and learning capacities vary widely with individuals. A score of 321 (thats about 75th percentile) with a month of preparation simply means that your friend is indeed extremely intelligent and has some unstated advantages - strong background in maths & verbal as well as good testing skills. My point is before making such recommendations, be mindful that all fingers are not equal then give realistic estimates. If the individual is a quick learner, fine, the estimate would hold. However, if the individual requires a bit more time to learn the material, you estimate would also account for that. I don't know about you, but i usually recommend at LEAST two months of intensive study. This is not a declaration just an estimate based on observation and multiple experiences from multiple sources. One can do well with less or more time. It all depends on the individuals learning capacity. grin

Exactly!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:12am On Jul 07, 2015
godG:

[s]Sir, I am always careful with the way I answer questions here. The bolded words aren't cryptic na. [/s]

I read ur posts and i respect your comments. There are not cryptic, i agree . But the following statement:
godG:

[s]Impossible is nothing. It depends on how intelligent one is.[/s] A friend did his in a month and scored 321 or so.

is potentially "misleading". One who has never written the test might wrongly infer from your statement that with a months preparation 321 is possible. But again, nothing is impossible. #Peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by efizzy22: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2015
jakeharris:

Use kayak.com or Expedia.com or cheap air. Com that's if they work in naija you would find the cheapest
.... thanks bro.. can I used my Nigerian Master card on the site?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2015
DanjaNinja:

I read ur posts and i respect your comments. There are not cryptic, i agree . But the following statement:

is potentially "misleading". One who has never written the test might wrongly infer from your statement that with a months preparation 321 is possible. But again, nothing is impossible. #Peace

Everything is possible. smiley Just like your personal message. smiley I get your point. Be good, brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:22am On Jul 07, 2015
godG:

Everything is possible. smiley Just like your personal message. smiley I get your point. Be good, brother!

Lol. This guy bad, lol, You got me there with my persoanl message. cheesy cheesy

One love my brother. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 07, 2015
amanze15:
wakanow.com, kayak.com/flights...very reliable or u fit kukuma check the site of ur preferred airline
but she said she has gone there in October 2013 to give birth. how she take do am then?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by purplesummer(f): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2015
Hi everyone. Please o, I want to do my LL.M in the US, do I need to write GRE or any standardized test at all? Do lawyers write GRE too?
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2015
DeeTus:
Djmakson and Match2016, could you drop your email, I will mail you guys.

djmakson2000@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Help4rmabove: 11:46am On Jul 07, 2015
Good Morning, I need your advice.
I have admission offer of MSc from a University in Ohio. The offer is with GTA, therefore it is fully funded (full tuition waiver) and a generous monthly stipends. I have to provide for health insurance, mandatory fees and upkeep. The total amount I need to show is $6k. I have well over this amount in my statement. Also, I have a B1/B2 which is still valid for over a year now. Please what are:
1) My chances of obtaining F1 visa
2) Has anyone with full funded admission letter being declined before.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
mbeenox:

I want to arrange apartment outside school, most of them want u to pay a deposit n I read a lot of reviews on the apartments which were not so good, I heard Craig list have plenty scammers too, im thinking of staying hotel for a day or 2, coz if I land tn don't find any good 1 on d first day where will I sleep?

Boss, keep searching, am optimistic that you will see anyone that will allow you to pay when you arrive in the state even if its craigslist or others, dont just waste your money for hotel unless you didnt see before you leave Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ctemi:

Profojah don give go ahead, Laugh in spanish.

keep laughing because its good to laugh concerning good things grin grin grin
jakeharris:

Lord knows of i see you over slap you like DE do in Chinese movies

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
efizzy22:
.... thanks bro.. can I used my Nigerian Master card on the site?

Yes big boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
chummygirl:
. But his statement of account is not too rich. Thanx

You won't have that easy time with the visa officer explaining why you have 2 sponsors. It always sounds better to them that you have 1 sponsor. Come up with a good reason why both are sponsoring you then. You do stand a chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
purplesummer:
Hi everyone. Please o, I want to do my LL.M in the US, do I need to write GRE or any standardized test at all? Do lawyers write GRE too?
Thank you

Check your school requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
Help4rmabove:
I have admission offer of MSc from a University in Ohio. The offer is with GTA, therefore it is fully funded (full tuition waiver) and a generous monthly stipends. I have to provide for health insurance, mandatory fees and upkeep. The total amount I need to show is $6k. I have well over this amount in my statement. Also, I have a B1/B2 which is still valid for over a year now. Please what are:
Thanks

You stand a great chance of obtaining the F1 visa with your B1/B2 visa because the visa officers love the very fact that you have a B1/B2 visa and you visited the US and returned to Nigeria as you promised. It shows credibility on your side. Your B1/B2 visa will be cancelled and you would be issued an F1 visa instead.

Rarely are students with full funding denied except on rare occasions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
chummygirl:
Hello house,
Pls can somebody use two(2) sponsors? I want to use my husband and my uncle? Pls reply

You can use the two (2) but it better to use your husband own so that it can be link as home tie because VO might ask you while just your uncle when you are married,provided you have a reply to defend yourself no problem.. Just make sure you have sufficient amount inside any of the account you are using
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by babbs45: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
purplesummer:
Thank you

GRE is not needed... however most schools require applicants to submit an English proficiency exam ( TOEFL/ IELTS ) score if English is not the applicant's native language.

The law school admission test( LSAT ) which is usually the test taken to get admission to law school is also not a requirement since LLM is a masters program and you must have have your first degree in law...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by purplesummer(f): 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
Walspring:

Check your school requirement

No requirement for such test(s)... but for the purpose of visa interview/approval, won't I need it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Help4rmabove:
Thanks

First off congrats on the offer. You've done a good job to land such a good offer.

Secondly,
If you have to show $6K then it's not fully funded. Fully funded means you're not going to show anything at the consulate because the total amount you're being offered exceeds your requirement. This includes health insurance, fees, housing etc.

Either way, People with funding(partial or full) get visas sharply barring a major eff up. Besides you have a valid visa. You shouldn't have any problems. Work on your confidence and you'll be fine. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
purplesummer:

No requirement for such test(s)... but for the purpose of visa interview/approval, won't I need it?

You will need a test but try and write any English test such as Toefl or Ielts

Also read what Babbs44 posted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by stryda(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hello Good day,
My visa interview is next week and i applied to only 2 schools. I want to know if that is too low and I am wondering whether i should add one more. Also I am worried that they would search the gre test sheets and see that i only applied to two schools. Any ideas please would be welcomed.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by purplesummer(f): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
babbs45:

GRE is not needed... however most schools require applicants to submit an English proficiency exam ( TOEFL/ IELTS ) score if English is not the applicant's native language.

The law school admission test( LSAT ) which is usually the test taken to get admission to law school is also not a requirement since LLM is a masters program and you must have have your first degree in law...

Thanks so much sir. Indeed I actually wanted to know if there's a post graduate equivalent of LSAT but you've got it all cleared up. I have an LL.B and a BL. I don't need the english test so it means I'm not writing any test at all. Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
stryda:
Hello Good day,
My visa interview is next week and i applied to only 2 schools. I want to know if that is too low and I am wondering whether i should add one more. Also I am worried that they would search the gre test sheets and see that i only applied to two schools. Any ideas please would be welcomed.

Thanks

Stop wondering on negative stuffs.. Sometimes VO don't have time to check schools you sent your GRE to, but if asked why the 2 schools showing then you tell the VO that other schools didnt ask for GRE and you didnt bother to send the test score to them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
purplesummer:

Thanks so much sir. Indeed I actually wanted to know if there's a post graduate equivalent of LSAT but you've got it all cleared up. I don't need the english test so it means I'm not writing any test at all. Thanks again

I suggest you write it if there is time so as to save you from a VO who loves to see applicants test score in case you fall into the VO hands

Morealso, the test will help you and also speaks for you without further question like why dont you write English test or any test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
@Scholarakassi
Please pm me when you get this message.
We need to talk.
Contacted you on gradcafe but seems you're offline.

Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by purplesummer(f): 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Walspring:

I suggest you write it if there is time so as to save you from a VO who loves to see applicants test score in case you fall into the VO hands
Alright. I think I've still got time, I'll consider that. I appreciate.Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Help4rmabove: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thanks for your response.

Will my B1/B2 which I currently have improve my chances along with the funding & GTA offerred by the school?

The total cost of the school is $39,000.00 which includes Tuition, fees, Health Insurance, feeding and accommodation. The school has already offered $33,000.00. I can self sponsor myself for the balance.

My concern is that one is never sure with the VOs. For example, my B1/B2 interview took less than 3 mins while over 5 people have been rejected before me.

Has anyone with funding (partial & funding) been rejected and what is the success rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
kennyrony:

Abeg give him names and matric number make he go comfirm. Lol

Lol... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
benjaminiyke:
our lecturers will tell you for any student to have a first class in chemistry, that student must be outstanding in practical chemistry along side the theoretical area but in situation where the school has poor laboratory equipments,how do you gauge their practical know how, which is very important in chemistry.

Private or Outside laboratory will be activated

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.