Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tipssy1: 11:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
Stewee:

Thank God for your life, strength and resilience.

Hard work surely pays!
@ wizzy11 I will like to read ur transcript bro, on how ur interview went like it will be an additional knowledge for us that are applying soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
amanze15:
yeah missouri university of science and technology, just chilling at peoria

Correct! Lol
Speaking of chilling hope you're getting ready for winter... Now is the time to start shopping for winter clothes small small (It's cheaper now). Missouri is cold ooo...and No,Milo cannot help you. LOL

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
Idazbawz:
have you gotten the apartment yet?
Not yet bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kennyrony ,Now in amelika, Thank God for you bro!.. Make I no lie, I dey miss you. #No homo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 03, 2015
Stewee:

Correct! Lol
Speaking of chilling hope you're getting ready for winter... Now is the time to start shopping for winter clothes small small (It's cheaper now). Missouri is cold ooo...and No,Milo cannot help you. LOL
grin Him nose go dey drip. That hand no go fit hold game pad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 03, 2015
kennyrony:

Not yet bro..
Mr. Kenny in America
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 03, 2015
tipssy1:

@ wizzy11 I will like to read ur transcript bro, on how ur interview went like it will be an additional knowledge for us that are applying soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 03, 2015
tipssy1:

I got your mail. I've sent it #check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 03, 2015
I need schools without TOEFL and SAT requirements

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 03, 2015
slimmy05:

Boss, you want to tease abi? Go on. grin grin grin. Among the guys I respect so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 12:40am On Aug 03, 2015
slimmy05:
Troy university
Southwest minnesota state university
Murray state university
Oklahoma state
California state university, fresno
South dakota state uni

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 12:56am On Aug 03, 2015
slimmy05:
grin Him nose go dey drip. That hand no go fit hold game pad

grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 03, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, you want to tease abi? Go on. grin grin grin. Among the guys I respect so much.
Oga mi, you're enjoying yourself alone abi. Solo things, I'm waiting for the welcome party o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 03, 2015
coobboy:

Troy university
Murray state university
Oklahoma state
South dakota state uni
Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 03, 2015
coobboy:

Troy university
Murray state university
Oklahoma state
South dakota state uni
remove Southwest minnesota state university from your list cause they require English tests (TOEFL and IELTS)..And they also require SAT too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jordansair: 1:30am On Aug 03, 2015
Hello guys, someone just introduced me to this site. I really need some advice. I came to the U.S. For spring. I was so naive about everything, and I wish I had known about this website before now. I came into the states on an F1 student visa to study Political science in a private school. When I came, I was so excited my dreams of having a quality education was being realized, but something went wrong. My father had a little problem in his business which made me not able to pay for the whole semester. I was so depressed and scared because, they kept threatening to cancel my i20 if I didn't pay up. As God would have it, I was able to raise half of the semester fees. I am now owing them $4k. I went into the office of the finance and business officer, and begged him to reduce my fees or at least transfer me to a community college, while I raise the money and pay installment. but he said he is sorry I have to pay off the whole money before I can be transferred. now its already August for a new semester, and I'm already dismissed from school, but they said I'm not out of status, that if I pay up they will transfer me. I'm just confused, because I can't get loans. I have no one in the U.S. I survive here by Gods grace. Now it's fall semester coming already. Please guys what do I do? Should I still keep struggling to find money to pay my fees up? I don't even know if I'm gonna fall out of status, also I don't have no job. What's the way forward? I'm just stuck in these.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 03, 2015
Jordansair:
Hello guys, someone just introduced me to this site. I really need some advice. I came to the U.S. For spring. I was so naive about everything, and I wish I had known about this website before now. I came into the states on an F1 student visa to study Political science in a private school. When I came, I was so excited my dreams of having a quality education was being realized, but something went wrong. My father had a little problem in his business which made me not able to pay for the whole semester. I was so depressed and scared because, they kept threatening to cancel my i20 if I didn't pay up. As God would have it, I was able to raise half of the semester fees. I am now owing them $4k. I went into the office of the finance and business officer, and begged him to reduce my fees or at least transfer me to a community college, while I raise the money and pay installment. but he said he is sorry I have to pay off the whole money before I can be transferred. now its already August for a new semester, and I'm already dismissed from school, but they said I'm not out of status, that if I pay up they will transfer me. I'm just confused, because I can't get loans. I have no one in the U.S. I survive here by Gods grace. Now it's fall semester coming already. Please guys what do I do? Should I still keep struggling to find money to pay my fees up? I don't even know if I'm gonna fall out of status, also I don't have no job. What's the way forward? I'm just stuck in these.
This is exactly a point of reference to some ilks who travel without proper preparation and they think getting the visa and flight ticket then they are good. I feel for you bro, it's not easy surviving not having anyone here in U.S. Where in U.S. Are you?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 2:23am On Aug 03, 2015
profojah:

Nabylet was so excited to drop her transcript of how she'l meet with the oyinbo man at Miami beach grin. Chaiii. She no fit wait!

Confirm.! Can't wait. 6days to go. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jordansair: 2:34am On Aug 03, 2015
slimmy05:
This is exactly a point of reference to some ilks who travel without proper preparation and they think getting the visa and flight ticket then they are good. I feel for you bro, it's not easy surviving not having anyone here in U.S. Where in U.S. Are you?
I'm in California.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 2:39am On Aug 03, 2015
stevecrun:
remove Southwest minnesota state university from your list cause they require English tests (TOEFL and IELTS)..And they also require SAT too.
I got admitted to SMSU without toefl and SAT, also they considered me english proficient, with instate tuition of 7k per year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 2:39am On Aug 03, 2015
slimmy05:
Thanks boss
Me boss? No you are the boss oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Iamoilprince(m): 2:50am On Aug 03, 2015
coobboy:

Troy university
Murray state university
Oklahoma state
South dakota state uni

pls i have 2 questions.

1. Will using any of these schools reduce my chances of getting visa ? because i heard Visa Officer do consider your school of choice before giving admission.

2. Do i still need to write GMAT or GRE ?

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 03, 2015
coobboy:

I got admitted to SMSU without toefl and SAT, also they considered me english proficient, with instate tuition of 7k per year.
same as everybody else who's in smsu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 2:53am On Aug 03, 2015
Iamoilprince:

pls i have 2 questions.

1. Will using any of these schools reduce my chances of getting visa ? because i heard Visa Officer do consider your school of choice before giving admission.

2. Do i still need to write GMAT or GRE ?

thanks
It is adviced that you write standardized test, cos it would give you chances for scholarships, also an edge in the embassy.

Those schools i listed are for undergraduate admission though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 2:54am On Aug 03, 2015
stevecrun:
same as everybody else who's in smsu
Okay right, you in U of H?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Iamoilprince(m): 2:55am On Aug 03, 2015
coobboy:

It is adviced that you write standardized test, cos it would give you chances for a scholarship, also an edge in the embassy.

Those schools i listed are for undergraduate admission though

thanks for the swift response. What of postgraduate ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 2:57am On Aug 03, 2015
Iamoilprince:

thanks for the swift response. What of postgraduate ?
I really dont know much about the postgraduate and graduate admissions, but the undergraduate admissions.
The other gurus should be able to help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by OjaP: 3:02am On Aug 03, 2015
Slimmy:

This hard and bitter truth that you are saying here; there is God ooo smiley. But jokes apart, you've said it all. However, there are still some good girls in America who are brought up well, and will make good wives. There are bad girls in Nigeria too, so it is every where.

To all the beautiful women here:

Please don't have the mind set that oyinbo guys are looking for black women. There are plenty of them here already still looking and praying for a man to even talk to them. If you live in the big cities, you better be a model for the guys to talk to you. One thing is for a guy to just want to date you, another is for him to want to marry you. This is not Nigeria, having kids for a man doesn't automatically lead to marriage and green card. Please open your eyes and go for who truly likes you.

Finally, most American men wants to see what you are bringing to the table asides sex. You better be smart and play your game well else guys will just be passing you around - there are several Nigerian-American girls here looking for husbands but cant find talk less of a woman who is on a F-1 visa or out of status. Although, some lucky girls see white men who love and eventually marry them; the percentage is very low. Maybe one out of every hundred. Forget all the rubbish you see in movies, real struggle starts here and you have to be ready for the task ahead. Just like Slimmy rightly posited, my advise is for you to never fall out of status. It is easier for a man to change status through marriage. It is hell for a woman to pass through this route.

Good luck.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 03, 2015
coobboy:
Okay right, you in U of H?
yes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kunlebal(m): 3:41am On Aug 03, 2015
Jordansair:
I'm in California.
Which side of California are you at.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kunlebal(m): 3:42am On Aug 03, 2015
OjaP:
Slimmy:

This hard and bitter truth that you are saying here; there is God ooo smiley. But jokes apart, you've said it all. However, there are still some good girls in America who are brought up well, and will make a good wife. There are bad girls in Nigeria too, so it is every where.

To all the beautiful women here:

Please don't have the mind set that oyinbo guys are looking for black women. There are plenty of them here already still looking and praying for a man to even talk to them. If you live in the big cities, you better be a model for the guys to talk to you. One thing is for a guy to just want to date you, another is for him to want to marry you. This is not Nigeria, having kids for a man doesn't automatically lead to marriage and green card. Please open your eyes and go for who truly likes you.

Finally, most America men wants to see what you are bringing to the table aside sex. You better be smart and play your game well else guys will just be passing you around - there are several Nigerian-American girls here looking for husbands but cant find talk less of a woman who is on a F-1 visa or out of status. Although, some lucky girls see white men who love and eventually marry them; the percentage is very low. Maybe one out of every hundred. Forget all the rubbish you see in movies, real struggle starts here and you have to be ready for the task ahead. Just like Slimmy rightly posited, my advise is for you to never fall out of status. It is easier for a man to change status through marriage. It is hell for a woman to pass through this route.

Good luck.
True talk bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:54am On Aug 03, 2015
Stewee:

Correct! Lol
haha kongo go do am cheesy grin, na joke o i would get them, do u school in missouri?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.