Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707323 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by anikemoses(m): 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:

y boss
do not bring ur clipper to the states,it won't work,the voltage here is 120v and that of naija is abt 220v,so when u eventually get here with ur naija clipper It jst seem like the light is half current.i did that mistake too but I had to buy another clipper here that works fine with the USA voltage.even ur fone charger except u have a USB u can always charge with ur laptop,mind u,ur laptop is also affected,u will have to buy a USA power pack for it..peace

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Centrix: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Biko, looking for accommodation in New York City urgently. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
GboyegaD:

Oga, you still dey keep in touch with them?

Yes o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
biikeys:

Yes o

I go ring you later in the day. We get talk ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
amanze15:
ogbeni u go chillax, cloths get grade for here, buy some from naija come, and when u reach here you go learn how to shop if not you go dey dash oyinbo money anyhow,

When thrift shop dey, wey get designer clothes, why i go con go mall buy clothes.
Buy your clothes here, its super cheap.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro buy enfo cloth 4 naija b4 u come ooo. U will definitely need to get few here but u gaz settle down 1st. Cloth are expensive here

But all dem designers dey do summer and back to school sales this season ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Tkester:
Forumites,

Please I need an explanation on how the Skilled Migrant program works. But before I proceed; let me give a little background of myself. Currently I'm rounding off my MSc program in the US, and usually after the completion of an MSc program in the US, international students like me are given one year grace to work in the states.

However, having lived in the West (America) I know that as an Immigrant your chances start the moment you become a permanent resident. Conversely, to be a permanent resident (for my visa status) I need at least to stay legal in the US for eight years - many of my friends don't mind staying that long - but for me I don't see myself staying in the states for eight straight years just to be a permanent resident.

When I evaluated my choices, I discovered the best thing for me is to migrate to Canada, thankfully Canada has all the goodies America offers, and even more in certain aspects. Now, I am almost done with MSc in Software Engineering, though i did my B.eng in Nigeria majoring in computer engineering. I want to enter into the CIC program but my problem is that right now I don't know how to go about it. Also I'm thinking of getting a paid job in Canada; that I think I can do through online application, and have the company sponsor me for a permanent resident.

Please I need a good Samaritan who can tell me all that is required for this program, and how long does it take for one to get a response.

Two important things you need at the moment are: your transcript evaluation by WES and IELTS. Once you have both, you can go ahead to fill the Express Entry application. The Language test is very important because it is used in evaluating your foreign work experience as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
DeeTus:
Boss, I will forgive him right now. Olumide aka Prof Ojah shouldn't have impersonated me. It's a sin against humanity. I am not a kindergarten in computer.

Have a great weekend!

This is complex because I don't think he can be the one responsible. Sincerely, I see no reason for him to do that and still come advise you of such on the forum. Whatever it is, let it slide.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:

like a week early?..cos dats wen am ariving

Why not use your university housing website to find on or off campus housing depending on the one you desire? More so, it saves you the cost of hotel booking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
It depends on where ur school is sir,but Queens has the cheapest apartments.You can try that area.The good thing about New york is with the metro,u can get anywhere at any time

Centrix:
Biko, looking for accommodation in New York City urgently. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
sammynwaGod:
@femicrux
Aliexpress is not the best. Use Google map to look for the nearest Ross store. They have good deals and everything are authentic.......
I bought a shoe work $125 for $60

I think Aeropostale isn't a bad designer and their prices are very reasonable.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
coobboy:

When thrift shop dey, wey get designer clothes, why i go con go mall buy clothes.
Buy your clothes here, its super cheap.
abi, who no know go know wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Femicrux: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Well, it seems a lot of us are newbies to shopping for fabric online and don't know how to minimise risks, so I'll throw in a few pointers.

I've done a fair amount of shopping on Aliexpress and they have good stuff. Look for items that have had a lot of orders and also still maintain high ratings. (I generally don't go less than 92-93%).

Also read the customer reviews. If a certain flaw is constantly being highlighted, then that is a red flag.

To the guy, who spent $60 on a shoe and thinks that was super savings, well think again. You can get good shoes for half that price on Aliexpress. I still took delivery of one yesterday. And it's not just clothes, i have shopped wallets, rings, bracelets etc and guess what you don't owe anyone a reason to tell them where you got it from.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tradenet: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
Is there any one going to chester phili or has a contact there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
can i bring my own clipper n shaving stick from naija

Boss, I brought mine own clipper and also an adapter that can convert 220V to 110V. Nigeria's AC is 220V, but America's AC is 110V. But you can still buy clipper here in America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
sammynwaGod:
@femicrux
Aliexpress is not the best. Use Google map to look for the nearest Ross store. They have good deals and everything are authentic.......
I bought a shoe work $125 for $60
Confirm, thats where i buy my shoes... You know better, but do you know any store that's similar to ROSS?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, I brought mine own clipper and also an adapter that can convert 220V to 110V. Nigeria's AC is 220V, but America's AC is 110V. But you can still buy clipper here in America.
No vex but as an ignorant person, i'll say "oven" in america is 220v thinking AC is an air conditioner tongue

Ps: i know AC na alternative current.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by worry357: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
can i bring my own clipper n shaving stick from naija

Yankee electrical goods run on 110volts and 60 cycles.
You can get a transformer from 110 to 220v but Nigerian goods run on 50 cycles (British standard.)
Might not be safe in USA.

Unless you have professional quality goods it will not cost too much to buy replacements from Walmart or similar stores.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by aadeyi: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
coobboy:

Confirm, thats where i buy my shoes... You know better, but do you know any store that's similar to ROSS?

Sure... stores like DD discounts are there too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Femicrux:
Well, it seems a lot of us are newbies to shopping for fabric online and don't know how to minimise risks, so I'll throw in a few pointers.

I've done a fair amount of shopping on Aliexpress and they have good stuff. Look for items that have had a lot of orders and also still maintain high ratings. (I generally don't go less than 92-93%).

Also read the customer reviews. If a certain flaw is constantly being highlighted, then that is a red flag.

To the guy, who spent $60 on a shoe and thinks that was super savings, well think again. You can get good shoes for half that price on Aliexpress. I still took delivery of one yesterday. And it's not just clothes, i have shopped wallets, rings, bracelets etc and guess what you don't owe anyone a reason to tell them where you got it from.

Hope this helps.

Like the other guy said, those products are low quality Chinese products, ave bought a few things from aliexpress right now they are dead.
I know the prices are low and catchy but its better to spend that money and buy a good merchandise that will last for you, over here girls spend $40 to 50$ to buy ordinary underwear. Getting a shoe for $60 is a good deal as far as it would last u a long time.

If you continue to convert USD to naira you will end of buying nothing here

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Graviton2(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
exxy:
Greetings my people long time no post. Theflint1, Graviton, Walspring where u'all at?

angry No call my name joor

You just forget me make hunger kill me abi?! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by matthew1234: 6:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
That's not the issue.Coming here to call someone a liar when u ain't even sure of what the person is saying.Having access to the Internet ain't a reason for calling a person a liar.Alot of ppl on this forum know a thing or two but can't say anything.All they do is just read and move along.They do this people they don't know what names they would be called if they do.
God and this forum got me to where I am today.Alot of people too are grateful and wanna give back.We are gradually turning this place into a forum of only a few.Whatever those few say is final and when others talk,they are branded liars.
It doesn't work that way.We all can say something,if u think its wrong ask questions and also have reason for saying what u r saying.
I take God beg u,nairalanf na for all of us

Richmond996:

So like this you ave vexed grin
Emabinu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by FemiFaniKayode: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Graviton2:

angry No call my name joor

You just forget me make hunger kill me abi?! grin

wen i remember ur case i laff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
coobboy:

Burlington.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Femicrux:

Hope this helps.
no vex o, but na "fuke fuke" shoe you dey buy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jesemela: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry his transcript is coming late, his interview went thus;
Him: gm sir
Vo: Morning, and then took his finger print
Him: Did exactly was was asked of him
Vo: so I can see u will b attending Chatham uni in Pennsylvania, tell me y you choose the school.
Him: I choose the school because the schls expenses is inline with my family's budget, also d schl has a small faculty to student ratio of 1:10 with less than 15 students in a class, I had a skpe interview with a professor in the dept of biology(course of study) who told me bou the schls curriculum flexibility, the scholarship opportunities available for first year student in d dept.
Vo: why biological sciences
Him: my interest in the program was as a result of the two yrs lab tech training I underwent in my mum diagnostic lab and also because bs will open me to a wide range of careers. After my degree program, I plan to come back to ng for my youth service and also will like to work with the nation institute of med research.
Vo: why did you change your university
He m: because I was given a conditional admission, and I with ll have to enrol in eng classes full time b4 my major and this would cost me time and money
Vo: why did you change your major, tell me more abt y u made the change.
Him: he started blabbing, didn't know what to say.
Then took he vo gave him a blue paper.

Pls house, there's something strange I noticed on my Bros profile wen he was trying to apply for an expedited date I saw this " your passport is still with the us embassy/consulate" what does this mean and his passport is here with him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
coobboy:

No vex but as an ignorant person, i'll say "oven" in america is 220v thinking AC is an air conditioner tongue

Ps: i know AC na alternative current.
it's not alternative but alternating current.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
coobboy:

6pm.com still offer free shipping and clearance sale of most brands you can think of. Don't use that useless fake aliexpress shoes.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Richmond996:

Like the other guy said, those products are low quality Chinese products, ave bought a few things from aliexpress right now they are dead.
I know the prices are low and catchy but its better to spend that money and buy a good merchandise that will last for you, over here girls spend $40 to 50$ to buy ordinary underwear. Getting a shoe for $60 is a good deal as far as it would last u a long time.

If you continue to convert USD to naira you will end of buying nothing here
You've said it all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
@Jese, sorry about his visa denial. I suppose he sounded a little desperate. Giving a VO too much information is also a drawback. Sometimes you let your first response to condense and then wait for next time.

But don't worry, he'll be fine next time with some preparation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jesemela: 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
@deetus, pls tell me wat you think bou the last paragraph.
DeeTus:
@Jese, sorry about his visa denial. I suppose he sounded a little desperate. Giving a VO too much information is also a drawback. Sometimes you let your first response to condense and then wait for next time.

But don't worry, he'll be fine next time with some preparation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
PTA and BTA with GTBank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.