Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707340 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Femicrux: 5:31am On Aug 08, 2015
Godwin10303:
Good Day Everyone,
Kindly advice, my intake on I-20 is 17 of August and am landing at Jfk POE on 15 of August hope that doesn't any query from the immigration Any advice and past experience is needed. @ Slimmy @ Imprex

What do you mean by intake?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Godwin10303: 6:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Good Day Everyone,
Kindly advice, my intake on I-20 is 17 of August and am landing at Jfk POE on 15 of August hope that doesn't attract any query from the immigration Any advice and past experience is needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vivyval(f): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Guys on a scale of 1 to 10; how would you rate Abuja embassy to Lagos's in terms of first time visa approval?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Tkester: 6:05am On Aug 08, 2015
Forumites,

Please I need an explanation on how the Skilled Migrant program works. But before I proceed; let me give a little background of myself. Currently I'm rounding off my MSc program in the US, and usually after the completion of an MSc program in the US, international students like me are given one year grace to work in the states.

However, having lived in the West (America) I know that as an Immigrant your chances start the moment you become a permanent resident. Conversely, to be a permanent resident (for my visa status) I need at least to stay legal in the US for eight years - many of my friends don't mind staying that long - but for me I don't see myself staying in the states for eight straight years just to be a permanent resident.

When I evaluated my choices, I discovered the best thing for me is to migrate to Canada, thankfully Canada has all the goodies America offers, and even more in certain aspects. Now, I am almost done with MSc in Software Engineering, though i did my B.eng in Nigeria majoring in computer engineering. I want to enter into the CIC program but my problem is that right now I don't know how to go about it. Also I'm thinking of getting a paid job in Canada; that I think I can do through online application, and have the company sponsor me for a permanent resident.

Please I need a good Samaritan who can tell me all that is required for this program, and how long does it take for one to get a response.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Godwin10303: 6:11am On Aug 08, 2015
Femicrux:

What do you mean by intake?

the date on my I-20, is 17th of August and am landing on 15 of August
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:27am On Aug 08, 2015
vivyval:
Guys on a scale of 1 to 10; how would you rate Abuja embassy to Lagos's in terms of first time visa approval?

A lot of ppl claim that Abuja is generally more favourable... Nevertheless, a whole bunch of us got our visa from Lagos consulate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by brosdoncome(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2015
I paid for my FI visa appointment fee yesterday for visa interview meant to be scheduled for 10th of August at the Abuja Embassy. The thing is, up till date, the MRV receipt number keeps on saying, 'No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number'. Please how long does it take for the receipt number to be activated? I plan traveling to Abuja today but this issue is delaying me. What do I do? cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2015
biikeys:

You can get across to HOF church 817...461.****. They'll help out with settling down...apartment,phone etc

Oga, you still dey keep in touch with them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 08, 2015
Tkester:
Forumites,

Please I need an explanation on how the Skilled Migrant program works. But before I proceed; let me give a little background of myself. Currently I'm rounding off my MSc program in the US, and usually after the completion of an MSc program in the US, international students like me are given one year grace to work in the states.

However, having lived in the West (America) I know that as an Immigrant your chances start the moment you become a permanent resident. Conversely, to be a permanent resident (for my visa status) I need at least to stay legal in the US for eight years - many of my friends don't mind staying that long - but for me I don't see myself staying in the states for eight straight years just to be a permanent resident.

When I evaluated my choices, I discovered the best thing for me is to migrate to Canada, thankfully Canada has all the goodies America offers, and even more in certain aspects. Now, I am almost done with MSc in Software Engineering, though i did my B.eng in Nigeria majoring in computer engineering. I want to enter into the CIC program but my problem is that right now I don't know how to go about it. Also I'm thinking of getting a paid job in Canada; that I think I can do through online application, and have the company sponsor me for a permanent resident.

Please I need a good Samaritan who can tell me all that is required for this program, and how long does it take for one to get a response.
. All you need about migrating to Canada via FSWP is on the thread below, read it, digest it and post your questions there cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2015
amanze15:
ziploc full market na, yeah i would be staying with a PHD student dude na senior man, just trekking/biking distance from school sha wink i never move though, still doing sight seeing cool
Is it OK i get to school ist before apartment hunting
I de get apt problem..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by worry357: 8:13am On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
I de get apt problem..

You should at least get a hotel booking for a few days, you will need somewhere to stay.
You may need to show proof at point of entry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Femicrux: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2015
Godwin10303:

the date on my I-20, is 17th of August and am landing on 15 of August
You are expected to be in before the 17th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
GboyegaD:

And what would you gain in holding unto whatever grudge you have with him or the pains he caused you? Life is too short to hold unto any grudge whatsoever as you feel the pains more. Forgive and forgo.
Boss, I will forgive him right now. Olumide aka Prof Ojah shouldn't have impersonated me. It's a sin against humanity. I am not a kindergarten in computer.

Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
I de get apt problem..
if it cool with you, u can get to see better choices
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2015
worry357:

You should at least get a hotel booking for a few days, you will need somewhere to stay.
You may need to show proof at point of entry.
thks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Femicrux:

You are expected to be in before the 17th.
boss is it before or on?
because mine states 19th...and my flight will land jfk 18th 8pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2015
will my tecno phone work in d us....tecno phantom a3 ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
will my tecno phone work in d us....tecno phantom a3 ...
Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
I de get apt problem..
if you want to get to school b4 hunting for an apartment, then go early or start now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by awe2015(f): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
I de get apt problem..

you sure say na apartment problem you dey get abi na money ish just saying ooo...cos if you really need an apartment..you should logon to craiglist.com or apartment.com to look for an apartment...a very good one could be seen on craiglist, but make sure you check out the room or apartment very well before paying for it o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2015
Godwin10303:
Good Day Everyone,
Kindly advice, my intake on I-20 is 17 of August and am landing at Jfk POE on 15 of August hope that doesn't any query from the immigration Any advice and past experience is needed. @ Slimmy @ Imprex
you'd be fine if you you can give a reason why you're landing this early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 11:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Femicrux:

Aliexpress is a good spot to shop for cheap and stylish clothes and they ship to US in two weeks.
good God, Aliexpress is the last place you wanna buy cloths from. so f**king chines!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2015
warriboy21:
can i bring my own clipper n shaving stick from naija
Don't bring any clipper from naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2015
exxy:

if you want to get to school b4 hunting for an apartment, then go early or start now.

like a week early?..cos dats wen am ariving
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2015
Greetings my people long time no post. Theflint1, Graviton, Walspring where u'all at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2015
exxy:

Don't bring any clipper from naija.

y boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2015
awe2015:

you sure say na apartment problem you dey get abi na money ish just saying ooo...cos if you really need an apartment..you should logon to craiglist.com or apartment.com to look for an apartment...a very good one could be seen on craiglist, but make sure you check out the room or apartment very well before paying for it o...

my boss money de 2 jor... d amount im seein is fr 700...im looking for who to pair with
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by dansatch: 11:43am On Aug 08, 2015
exxy:

good God, Aliexpress is the last place you wanna buy cloths from. so f**king chines!
it is people like you that end up going to new york black churches for free breakfast... go to aliexpress.. 60% of buyers are American. . thats why they ship for free to US... chinese make the same so called US products.. the only thing you pay for is brand name.
#peaceout

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
Godwin10303:
Good Day Everyone,
Kindly advice, my intake on I-20 is 17 of August and am landing at Jfk POE on 15 of August hope that doesn't attract any query from the immigration Any advice and past experience is needed.

You are good go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
@femicrux
Aliexpress is not the best. Use Google map to look for the nearest Ross store. They have good deals and everything are authentic.......
I bought a shoe work $125 for $60

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by vibrant99(m): 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
brosdoncome:
I paid for my FI visa appointment fee yesterday for visa interview meant to be scheduled for 10th of August at the Abuja Embassy. The thing is, up till date, the MRV receipt number keeps on saying, 'No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number'. Please how long does it take for the receipt number to be activated? I plan traveling to Abuja today but this issue is delaying me. What do I do? cry

my broda, why not wait untill it is confirmed before making the trip? what if you cant make the AUG 10 date? so be sure to finalize before you are stranded ,not good for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
GboyegaD:

Did it ever cross your mind that someone other than DeeTus can do this because the person is aware that his moniker is been questioned?
Boss, you're such an intelligent man.

May God bless you abundantly!

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: FunnyDude(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.