Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707315 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
imperiouxx:

Nope, once the customs know they are from Nigeria, they start seizing the money like they seize indomie noodles.

Lolz... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Teeboy22(m): 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
Walspring:

Your head is valid..

For How Many Years grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 12:25am On Aug 27, 2015
I jst noticed smth pple were very nice before the got their visa n needed info and help but now they got n travelled, they all became very arrogant dont knw if thats the rite word to use. But pple shld alws rmb jst because today seem to favour you does not mean it wont favour others tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 12:45am On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks snazzygirl..I thought about all your questions and the answers to them is 50/50..my programme is 2yrs..I have decided to stay since am here already.I really appreacite your time.
Snazzygirl:

Mheeen...sounds like you have some serious decisions to make. Your story just gave me questions, so I probably don't have a solution for you #sorry. This is the first thing that popped into my head....if you go back and complete your contract, what will you do till fall 2016 after completing the contract? Can you extend the contract? Will you stay at home till August next year doing nothing?
On the other end, I'm assuming you signed a six months contract. Is it wise to burn your bridges? Will the company be ok with you quitting "politely"? If you decide to stay put here, you'll probably be fine on $700 a month for a while if you cut your "suit" according to the "fabric yards". How many years is your program? Do some calculations based on how much you have right now in your account + TA pay, do u think u'd be fine for the length of your program? Do you think you need another job? Where do you want to be, what do you want?

Pardon my one million questions, just sharing my "weird thought process" grin. Anyways, go back to the drawing board, answer all the questions above, make a decision FAST and communicate the decision to the parties negatively affected (with apology). Good luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 27, 2015
When you start asking someone who doesn't have a bearing yet in US or probably have to work at night to escape police for accommodation and you expect a free service then you must be dreaming.

Becareful of people who are on the run, they are too desperate

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2015
BloodyMitch:
I jst noticed smth pple were very nice before the got their visa n needed info and help but now they got n travelled, they all became very arrogant dont knw if thats the rite word to use. But pple shld alws rmb jst because today seem to favour you does not mean it wont favour others tomorrow.

Life is hard, I even dey get headache sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by foohard: 2:54am On Aug 27, 2015
Bae, please just let go for the sake of NLders

hottyarewa:

Can u screenshot our chats nd paste so ur errors can b pointed out to u by som1 else nd nt me? Hmmmm,eniyan!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by foohard: 3:06am On Aug 27, 2015
@ bolded... I pray it does not cos I guess I am a victim already.

imperiouxx:

A large bedroom including utility at $500 in a city.... they should be dancing and rejoicing.

Their mates that came straight to NYC are tasting serious mehmeh now. grin That's about $1100/mo here.

Talking about work on day one. I see lot of newcomers here trying to speed up things over night. I hope journey of 2-4 years won't be everlasting one for them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MrRoYCe(m): 3:15am On Aug 27, 2015
hottyarewa:

Can u screenshot our chats nd paste so ur errors can b pointed out to u by som1 else nd nt me? Hmmmm,eniyan!!!

Nobody need to clarify anything to anyone. Let's just move on.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pcbo: 3:23am On Aug 27, 2015
Slimmy hope you doing good
Started lectures today and I can see it is paradigm shift from Africa,have to adapt fast and be agile to survive in this environment
The struggle just began
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lordoftherings: 3:46am On Aug 27, 2015
e'jiro igbo a gwa onyeocha na afufu di na obodo oyibo

if you dont have money to come over here please stay back, dont come here and start looking for someone that will accommodate you. i see people writing long story MsNAS finally opened her yansh for us to know shes the victim, miss that was not necessary (i didnt even know u were d one) . steve as she no reply you or call back you for kukuma leave am.

Deetus am watching you in 3D everyday you are helping someone or billing someone any story told here, you always claim you have experienced it or been in that situation chief ogadinma. kontinu tongue

still trying to figure out why america is been praised for there greatness after all colombus did cry
The mickey mouse version of US history is funny grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 3:48am On Aug 27, 2015
djmakson:
Innovativeame, Darklight, bbdd, kenkool, urch1980 I dey hail all of una
Brother, you are always on my mind. The hustle is real here. I'll call you weekend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by lordoftherings: 4:01am On Aug 27, 2015
sorbitall:

It beats my imagination when I learn how angry people become when others know that somebody helped them with stuffs such as accommodation... For real, who has never been helped in any capacity before?

Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a place to crash for 3days or less in Murfreesboro, Tennessee... I really don't care if everybody knows about that..why? Cos I'm very convinced that this is but for a very short while b4 I 'blow'

Did she sound angry? NO
it was a confidential request and she expected it to remain btw them, she could as well said it here but she choose to discuss with him.
you are searching for a place to crash and you dont really care about what people will say, meanwhile she cares therefore hold your eze ule. human beings are different.
You think its everyone here that claim they ave masters and phd behave like one or show the attributes. Pls dont ever assume that an individual is suppose to act a certain way smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 5:04am On Aug 27, 2015
amanze15:
boss, thanks for the interactive session, cheesy cool how are u today?

I'm great bruh! smiley
...Don't mention it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2015
Good morning everybody. I want to know the advantages n disadvantages of applying to colleges in USA? Thanks all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 7:14am On Aug 27, 2015
bukwork:
Good morning everybody. I want to know the advantages n disadvantages of applying to colleges in USA? Thanks all.

Which of the college(s)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 7:14am On Aug 27, 2015
Teeboy22:

For How Many Years grin

Eternity....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by badoli: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2015
badoli:
Hello aos pls, can i use current bank statement of account for interview @ d embassy? I also got a mail frm my skul dat dey re currently processing my 1-20 last week friday. How long does d process normally take dem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2015
Which service providers have the best plans for international calls and what are the cost implications? Someone should please respond. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 8:06am On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=badoli post=37377513][/quote]
Current account? Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=Walspring post=37376780]

Which of the college(s)[/quote ]

@Walspring. Thanks for your response. I have not pay cognizant to colleges. B looking out for Universities. A friend here on nairaland once said, colleges could raise an eye-brow (suspicious ) before embassy for those intending to travel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2015
lordoftherings:
e'jiro igbo a gwa onyeocha na afufu di na obodo oyibo

if you dont have money to come over here please stay back, dont come here and start looking for someone that will accommodate you. i see people writing long story MsNAS finally opened her yansh for us to know shes the victim, miss that was not necessary (i didnt even know u were d one) . steve as she no reply you or call back you for kukuma leave am.

Deetus am watching you in 3D everyday you are helping someone or billing someone any story told here, you always claim you have experienced it or been in that situation chief ogadinma. kontinu tongue

still trying to figure out why america is been praised for there greatness after all colombus did cry
The mickey mouse version of US history is funny grin
In life, what count is reality. At the end of the day, no matter where you're in the world, people are people, cities are cities and life is life.

Everyone has to make money, eat, sleep and live somewhere.

People who make empty promises always think they can get away with that and the best way to handle them is to be aggressive. So telling someone to fucck off means he has disappointed in the past.

Take care brother!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=bukwork post=37378294][/quote]

That's good and try go for 4 years college and not 2 years
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 27, 2015
Walspring:

That's good and try go for 4 years college and not 2 years

Thanks brother. Was actually going for graduate studies. 2 years course. Advise me on what you think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kobe79: 8:54am On Aug 27, 2015
slimmy05:
When you start asking someone who doesn't have a bearing yet in US or probably have to work at night to escape police for accommodation and you expect a free service then you must be dreaming.

Becareful of people who are on the run, they are too desperate

na stevecrun dey run from police?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2015
lordoftherings:

Did she sound angry? NO
it was a confidential request and she expected it to remain btw them, she could as well said it here but she choose to discuss with him.
you are searching for a place to crash and you dont really care about what people will say, meanwhile she cares therefore hold your eze ule. human beings are different.
You think its everyone here that claim they ave masters and phd behave like one or show the attributes. Pls dont ever assume that an individual is suppose to act a certain way smiley

But you could as well make ur points without calling me 'eze ule'...I'm not gonna start any e-fight with you or anyone else... Ka Chineke mezie okwu!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2015
Who's flying emirate 2:30pm today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
bukwork:

Thanks brother. Was actually going for graduate studies. 2 years course. Advise me on what you think.

If you are going for graduate studies then you can't go near community college..

Try and write GRE or GMAT if you want scholarship and it will help you on a long run
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by AKO1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hello everyone, two quick questions (for context, I'm in America):

1. Is it possible to renew my passport here before it expires? It's expiring just before I plan to travel home later this year.

2. Can I have someone else pay the GTB fee and collect the receipt I need (cant remember what it's called) to book an appointment in Lagos from here? While I'm home, I need to get an H1B visa stamped and want to book the interview well in advance (yes I've already been approved, etc etc.)

Thank you, and sorry if I'm slightly off topic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
AKO1:
Hello everyone, two quick questions (for context, I'm in America):

1. Is it possible to renew my passport here before it expires? It's expiring just before I plan to travel home later this year.

2. Can I have someone else pay the GTB fee and collect the receipt I need (cant remember what it's called) to book an appointment in Lagos from here? While I'm home, I need to get an H1B visa stamped and want to book the interview well in advance (yes I've already been approved, etc etc.)

Thank you, and sorry if I'm slightly off topic.
Send a scanned copy of your passport to the person or if you have anyone with GTbank internet banking he/she can do it for you anywhere provided there is funds in the account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
They will rent apt $600 and hide the receipt from you then demand $500 dollars as your part payment . What happens to splitting bills at it comes. All these runnaways are desperate, they are looking for "papers" money. Factory job no easy for US.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bros..I greet oh..you are always on point though u dey para atimes..Lol..Always loyal to your government.
slimmy05:
They will rent apt $600 and hide the receipt from you then demand $500 dollars as your part payment . What happens to splitting bills at it comes. All these runnaways are desperate, they are looking for "papers" money. Factory job no easy for US.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.