Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709411 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
godG:
Which service providers have the best plans for international calls and what are the cost implications? Someone should please respond. Thanks.

Slimmy05, MsNas, Imoerioxx, GboyegaD, etc. I'm considering H2O and AT&T.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kobe79: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
slimmy05:
They will rent apt $600 and hide the receipt from you then demand $500 dollars as your part payment . What happens to splitting bills at it comes. All these runnaways are desperate, they are looking for "papers" money. Factory job no easy for US.

na stevecrun be dis "they"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
godG:

AT&T is good but seems an high end provider.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
godG:
. I'm considering H2O and AT&T.

Look at Ultra Mobile, GIV
They have really good packages .
Depends on what you prefer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 1:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hmm, too much drama on this thread lately. Lets move forward please.

I hail all... Slimmy05, Inovativeame, Walspring e.t.c
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mystiqme: 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
godG:

You might want to consider 'indie' networks. There's a bunch of them: ultramobile, ptel, lycamobile, GIV, etc. be sure to check if they have coverage in your area.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
kobe79:

na stevecrun be dis "they"?
bro,what the F is your problem?why you keep mentioning me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
godG:

I'm considering H2O and AT&T.
You should try lycamobile (they have good naija calling rate ), simple mobile and ultra mobile. Seems they gor sometime as low as $19. They are all pocket friendly unlike the others

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
AKO1:
Hello everyone, two quick questions (for context, I'm in America):

1. Is it possible to renew my passport here before it expires? It's expiring just before I plan to travel home later this year.

2. Can I have someone else pay the GTB fee and collect the receipt I need (cant remember what it's called) to book an appointment in Lagos from here? While I'm home, I need to get an H1B visa stamped and want to book the interview well in advance (yes I've already been approved, etc etc.)

Thank you, and sorry if I'm slightly off topic.

I believe you can only renew your passport 6 months before expiration. BTW you can as well get your H1B stamping done in Canada.First time stamping or renewal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
godG:

when I land here I chest AT&T $45 for two months and I got hint of lycamobile. They have $19 plan. Better still look for T-mobile family plan and join the group.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
meritdee:
Hmm, too much drama on this thread lately. Lets move forward please.

I hail all... Slimmy05, Inovativeame, Walspring e.t.c
Make I send account number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by AKO1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks, first time stamping.

You sure I'm not required to go to my home consulate to get stamped?

My passport expires in two months.

biikeys:

I believe you can only renew your passport 6 months before expiration. BTW you can as well get your H1B stamping done in Canada.First time stamping or renewal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
I bought h20 for over three days now but no signal on my phone.. The representative said I need to buy airtime since na new number I wan activate..how true is this statement before I waste money again?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
AKO1:
Thanks, first time stamping.

You sure I'm not required to go to my home consulate to get stamped?

My passport expires in two months.

No, you're not. And you can get a new passport here in the US

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
akin3102:
I bought h20 for over three days now but no signal on my phone.. The representative said I need to buy airtime since na new number I wan activate..how true is this statement before I waste money again?
Ask her if they have coverage in your location.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by AKO1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
biikeys:

No, you're not.

Cool, thanks. That's a bit tricky for me because I'm switching from F1 status and an expired F1 visa. So if anything goes wrong I won't be able to re-enter the US right away.

Also, there's this: http://canada.usembassy.gov/mobile//visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/important-notice-for-applicants-with-a-visitors-permit-to-canada2.html

"With rare exceptions, visa applicants temporarily visiting Canada should apply at the U.S. Consular Section in their country of residence. If the applicant is not a resident of Canada, interviewing officers at the U.S. Consular Sections in Canada may not have experience in evaluating the circumstances in the applicant's country of residence. The applicant will, therefore, have greater difficulty establishing eligibility for a U.S. visa in Canada than would be experienced in the applicant's home country.

A substantial percentage of visitors to Canada are denied visas under these circumstances. Consequently, we strongly urge visitors to Canada to apply for U.S. visas in their country of residence."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Am seeing things here..seeing things.. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.