Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt (35909 Views)

A Nairalander Visit To The Moremi Statue Of Liberty.(With Pictures ) / My Experience on my First visit To Port Harcourt / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by wobov: 6:14pm On May 13, 2015
Ikwerre Meka

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by ola512: 6:14pm On May 13, 2015
It is always raining in Phc. No drainage. N u face a lot of discrimination if u aint ikwerre speaking...n dey love luxurious life....believe me. I skuled dere.....uniport

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 13, 2015
G for Gold...
virud:
G for goat aka ewu! grin grin grin
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 13, 2015
White man hawking plantain
tabisegroup:
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Eberex(m): 6:19pm On May 13, 2015
how about trash and dirt littered everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by lovelyadeola(m): 6:20pm On May 13, 2015
Cool... Meanwhile checkout my signature..
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by africanusvu(m): 6:20pm On May 13, 2015
You forget to add AMAECHI the betrayer
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by spencekat(m): 6:21pm On May 13, 2015
austinbrown:
Lol wetin ph take pass Aba?
You cannot compare PH to Aba
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by spencekat(m): 6:23pm On May 13, 2015
I rep PH,the home of happening guys.
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by texazzpete(m): 6:25pm On May 13, 2015
The OP has never been to Port Harcourt, or does not know what the phrase 'architectural vistas' means.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by M4gunners: 6:25pm On May 13, 2015
Garden City is my destination when am old. When enter Rumuora in the night, u forget any other city in Nigeria and would want to live in Garden City.
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by hopeforcharles(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2015
folabayo1:
Hav been to ph 3times and things are really expensive there undecided
Plus I don't see anything special about ph

Thank
You, I have lived in Port Harcourt for close to two years, I didn't see anything special about it, it lacks proper infrastructure and it's housing, transport, cloth and food are expensive, the only thing I like about it is the greenery sceneries, the ikwerri people are jobless and hostile, imagine my landlord fighting me because I am always wearing new cloths and my swag was smooth, he threaten to blind me, you are prospering they beef you, a lot of cultists and killings, a lot of their youths are high grade robbers and theif (no offence but true talk) they broke my friends shop took all his phones and laptop that he sales and the landlord says he didn't hear shit during the robbery despite the fact that he lived in the compound and others outside heard,
There is no good night life there, I live in phalga area, a lot of times I will be roaming around Presidential to see if I will enjoy night life only to be disappointed, just visit kano here and you will know what is called night life.

9 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by ogele: 6:26pm On May 13, 2015
9jvirgin:
I am around Ada George, who they my backyard.
which side u, is it by Iwofe junction or Okilton axis or by Location or near carpenter church
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by SeverusSnape(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2015
tabisegroup:
I love this. cheesy
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 13, 2015
Yimu
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 13, 2015
Ph is very expensive. Jst imagine getting a bottle of bear that is suppose to cost 250 for the price of 600 or 700 in some clubs or joints in G.R.A

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 13, 2015
folabayo1:
Hav been to ph 3times and things are really expensive there undecided
Plus I don't see anything special about ph
pH is not meant for the low income earners if you're not from the state neither is it meant for "aka gum". Ph is my home anytime.
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by BrightEye(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2015
Op also forgot to add all these Ashawos plenty at trailer park off eleme junction.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 13, 2015
wizzyrich:
Ph is very expensive. Jst imagine getting a bottle of bear that is suppose to cost 250 for the price of 600 or 700 in some clubs or joints in G.R.A
shoe get size
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by kronors: 6:34pm On May 13, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
wizzyrich:

And paying #200,000 to #1250,000 a year for self contain
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 13, 2015
kulboy:
You forgot to mention "Borle" grin

And roasted fish eeee!
Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by Reference(m): 6:38pm On May 13, 2015
OP. I take God beg you. Portharcourt like Lagos or Onitsha is not a tourist destination. Portharcourt since the late nineties has become a cosmopolitan, urban sprawl inhabited by typical Naija hustlers meaning it is in most parts nasty on the senses. It is anything but serene. Has very average hotels and practically no iconic attraction. It is an industrial hub for oil and gas which is definitely atouristic.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by TS2(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2015
Now I can confirm that many of you on Nairaland do not know what real beauty is.

What about PH distinguishes it as a city with architectural masterpieces? Am I not from PH again?

That's how one clown yesterday put pictures of Umuahia up and people were gushing about a beauty that was non-existent.

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt by bash4us(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2015
The locals r very arrogant. Owing to b fact dt settlers r at their mercy coz of d job opportunities abound.
That's why you hardly find the d locals outside their localities coz they cant withstand been treated as they treat others.
Ph is over-hyped

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From My Weekend Visit To Miami Beach / Air Peace Airlift 105 Students Sponsored By Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso(photos) / Largest Yoruba Settlement In Togo - Atakpame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.