Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner (658 Views)

Finding Nigerian Roots / Funny Names Zambian And Namibian Parents Give Their Children (photos) / IMHO As Regards Oba Akiolu R.'s Bigotry Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by nedu2000(m): 4:12pm On May 13, 2015
Visited onitsha last weekend and took the opportunity to visit my 87-yr-old grandma,she's never one to hide her feelings,after the pleasantries and everything she got down to business. Conversation was in igbo (obviously)
G-MA : nedu2000 who are you going to get
married to?

ME : No (on 2nd thoughts so that she
doesn't arrange one for me)....yes
grin

G-MA : is it yes or no?okay where is she
from?
I don't have any girl friend for now but decided to just give her the state of origin of two female acquaintances I know but lying to grandma.....conscience

ME : er,em....i never asked them,i think
Delta and Imo

G-MA : I don't like them,if you must marry
she should be from Anambra and if
she's from Anambra I don't want
Awka and Onitsha girls and she
must'nt be 'ndi Mary
'

ME : yes ma

G-MA. : Good!!come closer and cut my
finger/toe nails for me

My grandmum is hypertensive so we've all made it a point of duty to give her positive news so you won't blame me for giving her a 'yes ma' answer. I will not use any of her criteria in finding a wife, thank goodness my parents are more liberal somewhat sha grin[b]

MUM: she must be a Christian in words and
actions

DAD : your wife must be female (thrilled[/b])

Let's share some of the criteria our future partners must possess as derived from our friends/parents/siblings

1 Like

Re: Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 13, 2015
No BOKO HARAM undecided
Re: Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2015
Mum no white lady,DAD doesnt mind
Re: Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by nedu2000(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
Mum no white lady,DAD doesnt mind
strangely enough,some families will throw a party if their son brings home a woman from a dollar,pounds nation....due to poverty grin
Re: Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by nedu2000(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2015
vichks:
No BOKO HARAM undecided
boko haram? figuratively or literally
Re: Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2015
nedu2000:
strangely enough,some families will throw a party if their son brings home a woman from a dollar,pounds nation....due to poverty grin
mum don't like them his two younger bros married white wemen
Re: Conditions Parents Give Their Children As Regards Finding A Life Partner by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 13, 2015
nedu2000:
boko haram? figuratively or literally
Literally

(1) (Reply)

In Your Dialect,once Again Say Congrats To TOMFRENCH Mr NL / To The Igbo Bachelor's And Couples / The 3rd university graduate to ascend the pristine Itsekiri royal stool.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.