Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP (23299 Views)

Bashir Ahmaad Turns Down Conference Invite Because Bobrisky Is On The Panel / Jonathan, Leaders Move To Revive PDP / EXCLUSIVE: Ex-president, Obasanjo, Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by dollarlander: 6:37pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

GEJ ddnt lose because of any superior support (like OBJ)

GEJ failed because of APC hate campaign against him

APC crippled his government with boko haram

under aged almajiris vote

northerners are higher in population

betrayal from d ppl he trusted

so obasanjo has no power or influence to revive PDP

we're coming back by 2019

You are coming no where, b4 2017 PDP would have disappeared.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by omolami: 6:54pm On May 13, 2015
If this story of pdp pleading with Obj to help rebuild the party is true, then i now take that pdp leaders are fools and do not worth their appointments. Obj of all people to assist in rebuildng pdp what an insult to other calibre of dignitories in d party.Obj cannot build he can only dismantle
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

It is a pity that you dont know yet why pdp lost. U said because apc crippled his govt with BH, so the great Federal govt is at the mercy of apc. Eyaa. With the whole security vote/budgets gej gets every year he could be overpowered by mere apc? No wonder he lost galantly to apc . Is like u people have nt learnt anything yet why ur party lost. Ur reseach is nt detailed enough. Get more facts. I dont belong to any party though.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 13, 2015
omolami:
If this story of pdp pleading with Obj to help rebuild the party is true, then i now take that pdp leaders are fools and do not worth their appointments. Obj of all people to assist in rebuildng pdp what an insult to other calibre of dignitories in d party.Obj cannot build he can only dismantle
lt is so funny a party. I wonder? So if obj is dead they will go to heaven or somewhere else to re-incanate him. Yeye they smell! I just pray apc gets it right that alone will nail pdp coffin.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:20pm On May 13, 2015
einsteino:
I am pro PDP(at least till APC proves itself) but this is what makes me mad about PDP! Are they trying to say if obasanjo dies today, PDP would also die? God forbid i give birth to a child that is forever dependent on me. PDP should listen to some of the finest Governors it ever produced, Donald duke of cross rivers and shema of katsina. OThose men have given great advice on how to reinvent the party. first, all elected PDP legislators and executives should see themselves as ambassadors of their party. They must be seen doing their best and making giant strides, this is the only way to regain the trust of the electorates. PDP must accept its mistakes, i mean its misrule, right now they think the only reason they lost is because they lost their Godfathers.

Rid the party of all thief thief politicians, including obasanjo and my very own Governor uduaghan. Get people with integrity and ideas, inshort this is the best time. Because all the i must chop politicians will leave now that there is no food at abuja, so whoever remains is a loyalist.
Well said.
A times, I wonder why our parties don't use their performing members
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Horlufemi(m): 7:44pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

I'm sure you stated following politics 1 year ago.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by persius555(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2015
PDP will be dead and buried before the year ends.A viable opposition will definitely emerged. Never again shall we as a nation allow a party like PDP rule this country again.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Osode: 10:40pm On May 13, 2015
MKO4ever:
I don't believe this story.
Haleluyah... Praise the Lord.
Even in a Sea of Deception, a drop of Truth still shows itself resilient...
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by ibisko04: 11:07pm On May 13, 2015
superstar1:
i thought some novice and naive people said the genie of owu was inconsequential.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Those people are the ignoramus of the system. They are all now witnessing how relevant is EBORA OWU in the scheme of Nigeria politics.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by ibisko04: 11:11pm On May 13, 2015
sammyj:
So this PDP people have no shame at all, imagine a man that tore your membership card in the public and was one of the biggest factor of their lost is the same man is who they went begging to revive the corrupt dead party the clueless one killed. From what I see the chicken has come home to roast oooo !!! grin grin grin
What do you expect from a man that fought his father. Head or tail, he will have to return back to his father like the biblical prodigal son.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by WaffenSS(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

You're perpetuating an urban legend. GEJ lost because he was voted out.

He was voted out because he failed

He failed because he is clueless.

QED
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by pasol4real(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2015
Sooroptimist1:
EXCLUSIVE: Ex-President, Obasanjo, turns down pleas to help revive PDP

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has rebuffed repeated pleas from concerned member of the Peoples Democratic Party to help revive the party following its defeat in the March 28 presidential election.

President Goodluck Jonathan, who flew the PDP flag in the March 28 election, lost to his All Progressives Congress challenger, Muhammadu Buhari, a former military head of state.

The party, which has ruled Nigeria since the return of democracy 16 years ago, also lost its majority status in the National Assembly just as it won a fewer number of states unlike in the past election.

With the defeat, the ruling party will now take on the opposition role as from May 29 when Mr. Jonathan hands over power to Mr. Buhari.
Since the defeat, the party’s senior members have been bickering with one another with some demanding the exit of its National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu and other officers, who are accused of working against the party during the election.

Concerned about the future of the party, some of its leaders have been reaching out to Mr. Obasanjo to return to the party and help build it ahead of future elections.

The former president had in February directed a fellow PDP member and ward leader to openly tear his party membership card at a forum in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that among those persuading him to return to lead the party were serving governors and federal lawmakers who believed the party should play viable opposition in the next dispensation.

Mr. Obasanjo’s close allies said the anxious party men have been pressuring the former leader, who was the first elected president on the party’s platform, by either visiting him or through telephone calls.

This newspaper learnt that the former president, who was also the PDP leader and Chairman of its Board of Trustees, has repeatedly rebuffed the request to return to the party.

Sources close to him said at some point he told those mounting pressure on him that rather than returning to the party he would encourage viable opposition from other standpoints.

“I’m done with party politics here on earth and in heaven. Period,” Mr. Obasanjo was overheard telling a PDP chieftain who telephoned him recently to raise the matter.

Mr. Obasanjo was also said to have told some people pressuring him that he could have considered returning to the party had his membership card not been publicly thorn before the general elections.

He was quoted as saying his membership card has been shredded and that “as it is now, a goat has eaten up the pieces”.
Mr. Obasanjo confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview that he has been under pressure to return to the PDP but vowed not to do so.

“I’m not ready to discuss partisan politics because I’m done with it,” he said.

After a meeting with Mr. Jonathan sometime in February, the outgoing governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, had assured that the PDP would beg Mr. Obasanjo to return to the party.

“When a father is angry with his children, the children should beg him. Baba is more than a party man. He is an icon, a national symbol and a leader and inventor, a creator of all the institutions today in Nigeria from the president to the governors, who are his own sons, are all his creations.”

“And so when a father is angry with his children, we will only say we are sorry to him. But then, we cannot be renounced for whatever it is…….We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our Baba even up to the president.”

But Mr. Obasanjo told PREMIUM TIMES he has foreclosed any possibility of returning to the PDP.

“I agree that Nigeria needs a strong and viable opposition and I will continue to encourage that,” the former President said. “I will continue to do that even without belonging to a political party. I have moved beyond party politics.”

SOURCE:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/182876-exclusive-ex-president-obasanjo-turns-down-pleas-to-help-revive-pdp.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Lies upon lies
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by onyiloyi(m): 7:59am On May 14, 2015
Y don't they turn to Edwin Clark to revive their party for them
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Kojochyke(m): 9:08am On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

JONATHAN LOST COS OF HIS WIFE...ASK HIM...PERIOD.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Classcaptain1(m): 1:11pm On May 14, 2015
Mogidi:
And Premiumtimes could not name one PDP chieftain that went to beg OBJ to return, I would have believed this story if I were an i..diot.
but u are truly an I..diot na grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola / DSS Invites Cattle Dealers Over Food Blockade Of South / Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Kano Governorship Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.