Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP (23297 Views)

Bashir Ahmaad Turns Down Conference Invite Because Bobrisky Is On The Panel / Jonathan, Leaders Move To Revive PDP / EXCLUSIVE: Ex-president, Obasanjo, Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 13, 2015
atlwireles:
Any member of PDP seeking to bring back OBJ should be struck by thunder. angry angry angry angry

HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 13, 2015
Shebi Tanoids said obasanjo is useless.

But wait o, with TAN's 24million voters plus Gani Adams OPC's 6million voters plus Mimiko's 1miilion voters, PDP is very okay o.

PDP has a base of 31million voters! The biggest party in Africa!!!!

They don't need Obasanjo a beg

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by AdeniyiA(m): 4:37pm On May 13, 2015
A lose-bound dog would never hears the hunter's whistle. undecided
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by themodernman: 4:38pm On May 13, 2015
Sooroptimist1:
EXCLUSIVE: Ex-President, Obasanjo, turns down pleas to help revive PDP

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has rebuffed repeated pleas from concerned member of the Peoples Democratic Party to help revive the party following its defeat in the March 28 presidential election.

President Goodluck Jonathan, who flew the PDP flag in the March 28 election, lost to his All Progressives Congress challenger, Muhammadu Buhari, a former military head of state.

The party, which has ruled Nigeria since the return of democracy 16 years ago, also lost its majority status in the National Assembly just as it won a fewer number of states unlike in the past election.

With the defeat, the ruling party will now take on the opposition role as from May 29 when Mr. Jonathan hands over power to Mr. Buhari.
Since the defeat, the party’s senior members have been bickering with one another with some demanding the exit of its National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu and other officers, who are accused of working against the party during the election.

Concerned about the future of the party, some of its leaders have been reaching out to Mr. Obasanjo to return to the party and help build it ahead of future elections.

The former president had in February directed a fellow PDP member and ward leader to openly tear his party membership card at a forum in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that among those persuading him to return to lead the party were serving governors and federal lawmakers who believed the party should play viable opposition in the next dispensation.

Mr. Obasanjo’s close allies said the anxious party men have been pressuring the former leader, who was the first elected president on the party’s platform, by either visiting him or through telephone calls.

This newspaper learnt that the former president, who was also the PDP leader and Chairman of its Board of Trustees, has repeatedly rebuffed the request to return to the party.

Sources close to him said at some point he told those mounting pressure on him that rather than returning to the party he would encourage viable opposition from other standpoints.

“I’m done with party politics here on earth and in heaven. Period,” Mr. Obasanjo was overheard telling a PDP chieftain who telephoned him recently to raise the matter.

Mr. Obasanjo was also said to have told some people pressuring him that he could have considered returning to the party had his membership card not been publicly thorn before the general elections.

He was quoted as saying his membership card has been shredded and that “as it is now, a goat has eaten up the pieces”.
Mr. Obasanjo confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES in a telephone interview that he has been under pressure to return to the PDP but vowed not to do so.

“I’m not ready to discuss partisan politics because I’m done with it,” he said.

After a meeting with Mr. Jonathan sometime in February, the outgoing governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, had assured that the PDP would beg Mr. Obasanjo to return to the party.

“When a father is angry with his children, the children should beg him. Baba is more than a party man. He is an icon, a national symbol and a leader and inventor, a creator of all the institutions today in Nigeria from the president to the governors, who are his own sons, are all his creations.”

“And so when a father is angry with his children, we will only say we are sorry to him. But then, we cannot be renounced for whatever it is…….We might have made some mistakes, but abandoning us is not the solution because the country is first before anything else. So, he is our Baba even up to the president.”

But Mr. Obasanjo told PREMIUM TIMES he has foreclosed any possibility of returning to the PDP.

“I agree that Nigeria needs a strong and viable opposition and I will continue to encourage that,” the former President said. “I will continue to do that even without belonging to a political party. I have moved beyond party politics.”

SOURCE:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/182876-exclusive-ex-president-obasanjo-turns-down-pleas-to-help-revive-pdp.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

APC is the new PDP...he doesn't need to revive anything again jarey.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by omenka(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
Why don't they rely on Kashamu for revival? grin

Here's an insight into what a useless party PDP is:

First they said Obj is a motor park taut and not an elder statesman.

Next they said he's totally irrelevant to the party.

Again they said he's an incestuous father.

Then they said he's a member of APC.

Finally they said he's a thief and a money "launderer"...

Then boooM, next thing they say he should come help revive the party!!!

What a shame, what a shame... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by spako4(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by olasha1(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
nawa oo see life and some pained kids temitemi,mogidi etc will b insulting baba the role model to all their role models (PDP) are they not inadvertently insulting the likes of their father oga Jonah,Fayose and co? i pity your sorrowful life lols, now see your role model begging Baba and so sure will soon call Tinubu too to come and revive your dying family PDP..
baba no gree ooo
instead contribute money to buy PDP internship coffin

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by NewNigeriaMind: 4:39pm On May 13, 2015
If I say anything now, they will shout newnigeriamind has come again.

Why are they begging OBJ, I thought Jonathan is the new hero in Nigeria cheesy

Omode o mo ogun, oon pe lefo smiley

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by IYANGBALI: 4:42pm On May 13, 2015
superstar1:
i thought some novice and naive people said the genie of owu was inconsequential.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you dey mind those shedren of little minds on nairaland?now dey especially jonathan knows better

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by 9jagoodman: 4:44pm On May 13, 2015
THIS IS NOT NEEDED PERIOD
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by charlie009: 4:46pm On May 13, 2015
Does d party PDP still exist?I thought dey wanna change d name now to POP grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 13, 2015
Obasanjo is getting too old for politics.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by flybiz08(m): 4:50pm On May 13, 2015
We don't need OBJ. We need restructuring with technocrats at the helm of affairs. Ma'azu must go and the current mundane and moribund NWC must resign.

#diehardPDP
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by OYAY(m): 4:50pm On May 13, 2015
Yeye dey smell
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by M4gunners: 4:50pm On May 13, 2015
I pity people wen go beg am.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 13, 2015
einsteino:
I am pro PDP(at least till APC proves itself) but this is what makes me mad about PDP! Are they trying to say if obasanjo dies today, PDP would also die? God forbid i give birth to a child that is forever dependent on me. PDP should listen to some of the finest Governors it ever produced, Donald duke of cross rivers and shema of katsina. Those men have given great advice on how to reinvent the party. first, all elected PDP legislators and executives should see themselves as ambassadors of their party. They must be seen doing their best and making giant strides, this is the only way to regain the trust of the electorates. PDP must accept its mistakes, i mean its misrule, right now they think the tonly see reason they lost is because they lost their Godfathers.

Rid the party of all thief thief politicians, including obasanjo and my very own Governor uduaghan. Get people with integrity and ideas, inshort this is the best time. Because all the i must chop politicians will leave now that there is no food at abuja, so whoever remains is a loyalist.

My brother , my brother you are on point. My governor, Orji is among the idoits they shuld get rid of.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by adeA1(m): 5:01pm On May 13, 2015
I can also read the influence of YORUBA in Nigeria of tday. Very little icons Nigeria has today re of the S/W herritage . Weather u ppl like it or not u gotta ve the backin of at least 2of the icons to make it to Aso Villa this time around. I like bn made slave if only I wll be ridin on the back of those who call themselv kings ...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by einsteino(m): 5:03pm On May 13, 2015
blueseacats:

My brother , my brother you are on point. My governor, Orji is among the idoits they shuld get rid of.

i still say Abia state was the only PDP win that saddened me. Orji is not supposed to be walking freely let alone seen in politics
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by vtsouthpaw(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2015
Now una eyes don clear. But b4 election u guys were bragging dt obj is irrelevant in ur party and leaving ur party won't av any negative impact. Even boasting u wl win by landslide.
Anyway Obj said he is no more interested in party politics, so leave d baba alone.
Oga GEJ is d leader of d party and he sud b able to put his house in order after his exit frm aso villa but I doubt it!!!
Now u wl realise dt being a president/governor doesn't mean u r smart politically.....

Anyway dts ur own wahala!!!!

GMB I knw

God bless Nigeria!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by tyosty: 5:18pm On May 13, 2015
alaoeri:
PDP is as good as dead kudos to GEJ, FFK, Okupe & co meanwhile some internet minions like the protection seeking dude that doesn't have any electoral influence in their immediate wards are busy bragging on how to be a formidable opposition online. grin
PDP gone already. Muazu's sack will nail the coffin cos SS and SE politics is too narrow, selfish, immature and greedy to attrack any national followership. Another party will take over from APC in eight or twelve year's time

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by antisocial: 5:20pm On May 13, 2015
princeofpeace22:
who cares about their corrupt ways of life
they should leave this useless man alone.He is not useful

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by 989900: 5:25pm On May 13, 2015
Where are those dudes yelling PDP till . . .?

PDP is going down.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 13, 2015
antisocial:
they should leave this useless man alone.He is not useful
he is not only useless but self centered too

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by mathelo(m): 5:29pm On May 13, 2015
Am ready to take up the challenge of reviving PDP. I on daily basis cherish my membership card. Give the opportunity and see wonders
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by annibro(f): 5:35pm On May 13, 2015
PROPHESY: B4 2019, I see PDP as a shadow of itself. It'll vanish & become like 'AD'

Quote me then grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Mogidi: 6:07pm On May 13, 2015
And Premiumtimes could not name one PDP chieftain that went to beg OBJ to return, I would have believed this story if I were an i..diot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by alrahmanonline(m): 6:19pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin
GEJ ddnt lose because of any superior support (like OBJ)
GEJ failed because of APC hate campaign against him
APC crippled his government with boko haram
under aged almajiris vote
northerners are higher in population

betrayal from d ppl he trusted
so obasanjo has no power or influence to revive PDP
we're coming back by 2019
ve warned you to stop mixing orijin,ogogoro and ori maalu together with palm wine for consumption, you refused, now see the result... Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by alrahmanonline(m): 6:19pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

ve warned you to stop mixing orijin,ogogoro and ori maalu together with palm wine for consumption, you refused, now see the result... Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by alrahmanonline(m): 6:20pm On May 13, 2015
Taylor86:
lemme tell us somtin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Rotimi47: 6:30pm On May 13, 2015
PDP is turning into a regional party & it might not be able to be opposition for 4 years; hereby breaking into 2 or more smaller parties.
Re: Obasanjo Turns Down Pleas To Help Revive PDP by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 13, 2015
i don't see any credibility his coming back will do for pdp. are nigerians fools, that they will move to anywhere he moves? i tell you, if gmb flops, nigerians will consider another credible person from the other side.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aragorn, Ragnar, Aiden, And Liam Fani-Kayode: Meet FFK's Sons / Buhari Re-appoints Boss Mustapha and Abba Kyari. / Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Kano Governorship Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.