Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? (31372 Views)

Panicking Customers Besiege Skye Bank In Abeokuta, Ogun To Withdraw Their Money / Pls Advise On Which Bank Is Best For Online Banking / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by ideykwum: 7:25pm On May 13, 2015
You must work for Zenith bank!
Ochiske:
Zenith Bank!
Their interest rate is superb. They dont do all those silly hidden charges neither do they bug your sim with irrelevant messages (removing money off your account by proxy)

Dont even bank with Eko bank angry those folks are terrible! Very crappy banking system angry

Union Bank is another terrible bank
GTB is okay sha

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 13, 2015
ginawest:
stl tinking bou it

grin grin grin grin grin

While u are still thinking about his proposal, I do hereby propose that u propose to me now smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by dozymars(m): 7:27pm On May 13, 2015
I Operate Gtbank, Zenith, Diamond, Skye, Fidelity and Eco bank

Gtbank and Diamond are my favourite when it comes to Customer service, Internet banking and other unique products.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 13, 2015
FCMB
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 13, 2015
donbenedict:
UNION BANK - BIG, STRONG, RELIABLE. grin

Reliable is the keyword here

Union bank is more like a rehab center for old people, too analog for my liking then but don't know if they have improved on their services now as well as retiring all those old tired bankers they use to have nationwide.

That use to be a bank were u will have to que for 5hrs to cash #5000 despite being #1 on the the que

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by publicenemy(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2015
Ivorybaby:
Yes your money is safe with Lapo no hidden charges, LAPO improving lifes!

You must be a share holder.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Adesiji77: 7:38pm On May 13, 2015
**modified

Comments moved to the 1st page cool

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Allee90: 7:40pm On May 13, 2015
In my opinion its FirstBank because i work there!!!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Chimex388: 7:40pm On May 13, 2015
Try depositing into Chimex388...u will b glad u did!...grin. grin
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Samandgrace(m): 7:41pm On May 13, 2015
Eco is terriblle am very sure of that, if U keep minimum balance in Uя Eco bank acct, in two mthns time ur balance wld been less 300 &above. GTB has deactivated my Sms alart so dnt even kno wht is going on wht my acct with them. But ℓ̊ use Diamond very well & in all fairness to them...think their mode of operation is okay. ℓ̊ have not noticed any frifulous charges on my acct with Diamond.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by whitestar01(m): 7:43pm On May 13, 2015
With cbn you hv no problem like me, yessssss lol
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by ovhiosinegba: 7:44pm On May 13, 2015
Uba worst Gtb and access fair enough!!!!!
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Intellab(m): 7:46pm On May 13, 2015
In Nigeria, NONE Use century bank in US
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by dearestsewa(f): 7:55pm On May 13, 2015
Good thread.
I think this thread will thrive most if we give our honest opinions on HONEST BANKS.
What consumers don't know is that most banks operate in line with CBN policies. Some of those charges are given by CBN. So, they're not hidden charges.
Now, in giving our honest opinions, please let's state cases and instances that formed these opinions.
Remember, some people are not here to read for fun.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by bssnigeria(m): 8:06pm On May 13, 2015
I was once victim, lost 10k to FCMB teller machine.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Adesiji77: 8:14pm On May 13, 2015
keandre:
Power Bank

grin

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Omolola1(f): 8:16pm On May 13, 2015
Gtbank is the best because I bank with them cool

Access bank is the best because my bf works there undecided
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 13, 2015
Try STANBIC IBTC. Their EXCHANGE RATES for foreign card transactions are the lowest. Today Zenith rate for GBP was 325. I called my bank, it was 315.

They have a dedicated phone number for card transaction different from regular customer service number. You hardly ever have to wait on this line. I love it Cus I'm an online shopaholic. This works great for me.

They have a zero COT salary current account which I use.

They are trying for their customer service really . Really trying. I don't work there btw.

Oh also they have a 6 or 12 month repayment plan for Dstv Explora at zero interest . I think this should apply to those whose salary is domiciled in the bank. Not sure
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by softtouch2(m): 8:18pm On May 13, 2015
aaronson:
The reason for starting this thread is to get your opinion as regard the most honest bank(s) in Nigeria,Yesterday I read on a trending thread about how some banks and their slicky staffs stylishly swindle people out their hard earned money although have been a victim of this ugly phenomenon,However,Some banks name were mentioned back in the thread I read and these mentioned banks seems to always come up in the news of random people complaint/victims and these banks are usually gtbank,ecobank,sky bank,keystone and zenith bank.
Personally,I bank with both gtbank and access bank,gtbank leaves me some worries in their regular habit of debiting for some unknown and irrelevant charges periodically in great contrast to my other account which is access bank,any amount of money I leave in my access bank account is what I would spin back around to meet with no irrelevant charges like that of gtbank,with that said,I tip access bank to be the most honest bank in Nigerian so what's yours?

Are you poster reliable?
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by rightflank: 8:19pm On May 13, 2015
vicbussi:
unity bank. Try the bank quite achiever and customer friendly with good system of operations
they are like that because they don't have their hands full; very small customer base. Let us see how ''achieving'' and ''customer friendly'' they can get when their customer base grows.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by dearestsewa(f): 8:19pm On May 13, 2015
Freemanan:

Dude, banks..... Not Museums

Yeah Banks. Have you banked there before or just formed an opinions from hearsays mongered by competition?
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 13, 2015
aaronson:
The reason for starting this thread is to get your opinion as regard the most honest bank(s) in Nigeria,Yesterday I read on a trending thread about how some banks and their slicky staffs stylishly swindle people out their hard earned money although have been a victim of this ugly phenomenon,However,Some banks name were mentioned back in the thread I read and these mentioned banks seems to always come up in the news of random people complaint/victims and these banks are usually gtbank,ecobank,sky bank,keystone and zenith bank.
Personally,I bank with both gtbank and access bank,gtbank leaves me some worries in their regular habit of debiting for some unknown and irrelevant charges periodically in great contrast to my other account which is access bank,any amount of money I leave in my access bank account is what I would spin back around to meet with no irrelevant charges like that of gtbank,with that said,I tip access bank to be the most honest bank in Nigerian so what's yours?
inside ma Quran sure pass but GTB better
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Chukwutobi: 8:24pm On May 13, 2015
Union Bank, though pple regard it as an old bank, it is very reliable. Their services have improved greatly!

4 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by AFEAMOS(m): 8:26pm On May 13, 2015
First and gt bank na baba
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by zubby29(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2015
union bank plc

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by onyetunge: 8:29pm On May 13, 2015
unity bank, sure passs
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Truflame: 8:30pm On May 13, 2015
undecided :oNigerian banks is extremely dubious like political promises... GTbank is reliable anyway

Firstbank, UBA etc... are like sinking sand. Beware of swapping ATM between these banks!
grin
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 13, 2015
It seems GTB's appetite for making profit has now made them greedy. First they charged maintenance on ATM cards in dec - this charge serves absolutely no purpose as they do not "maintain" or replace lost ATM cards for free. Just this night I got a mail from them saying they have introduced cash withdrawal charges on Dom Acc despite the fact that Dom Accs do not earn interest. In short I cannot leave GTB's with the full amount of money I put in my DOM. CBN needs to ensure customers are notified well in advance before new charges are introduced on already existing accounts so we can make informed decisions on porting.

I am seriously researching a switch to diamond or first bank. Kindly share your experience with Diamond and first bank.

Thanks
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by iamlol(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2015
Standard Chartered Bank

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by subbieD(f): 8:30pm On May 13, 2015
prevail23:
omo
na my wallet sure pass oh

Lol.......Serzly?
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by arusoncd(m): 8:31pm On May 13, 2015
Ecobank ATM is the worst in the world.
Re: Which Bank Is The Most Honest Bank In Nigeria? by subbieD(f): 8:32pm On May 13, 2015
Gtb Na.....anytime, anyday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Electricity: Sterling Bank Headquarters In Lagos Goes Off-Grid With Solar Panels / Femi Otedola Taking His Daughter, Temi, To School In A Throwback Photo / Giant Dangote Oil Refinery Begins Production In 3rd Quarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.