Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,385 members, 7,846,628 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

The Prison Called Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Prison Called Marriage (5641 Views)

Bride-to-be Locked Up In Prison For Pre-wedding Photo / 17 Prisoners Got Married Right Inside The Prison, See Photos / The Prison Called Engagement Ring. Ladies Be Wise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Dollyak(f): 6:47pm On May 15, 2015
Rexology:
Is marriage another way of imprison ladies? Just because a man put on a piece of metal called ring(handcuff) on a Lady's finger, the lady's happiness, freedom, interest, movement, infact everything about her life is now determined by this man(Husband).

Honestly, I sympathize with the female folks, especially in Africa. Most of our ladies are in prison(Marriage). A lady will live all her life trying to please a man(Husband),consciousely
and unconsciousely, is it not slavery?
Women are still seen as slaves by men in Africa.
What is the origin of ' bride price'? and this word 'pay' is used whenever 'bride price' is mentioned.
Who are the sellers?( fathers) and who are the buyers(Husbands) and what are the items being sold? (Young ladies). Have we completely eradicated slave trade in Africa? I don't think so.
Why do we have to 'Pay' a 'bride price'?
Women are wonderful creatures of Jehovah, therefore, should not be seen as 'Slaves' or 'stock in trade'
They are not as weak as the soceity project them (Africa).Jehovah created woman(wife) to be a friend and companion to man(husband),and not to be his slave or subject to rule over.
They have their own dreams and vision in life, and should be allowed by their husbands to pursue it without any form of restriction.

Dedicated to African Ladies...
Preach.
Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Rexology: 6:50pm On May 15, 2015
subbieD:
Well,I concur only to some extent..... but u saying marriage is a prison is a No for me.before u can call marriage a prison,so many things must Aff bn considered. it can only b a prison If d woman is married out of her own will...den She's a prisoner because everyfin will b taken away from her; her joy,happiness, smiles, confident,everything Dat made her a woman she used to be....and Dat kind of husband can b called prison guard,one who punishes nd discipline d prisoner.
But, when u marry right nd I mean marry right, u will still act single almost all d time,because u won't be restricted to somethings you are used to....because he knows Uve ur life to live. Fine some of d things u do as a single lady will b crossed ,definitely. A Gud husband will always help his wife anytime as long as he is available because he knows he Dint marry a slave ,but an helper.
I knw of a couple Dat are Jst like lovely friends,d man acts like her brother ,friend to his wife ; Dats Wat is called Love.Wen u marry right, u can still hangout with ur friends, still go to Dat cinemas u love going,still have time for yourself because u are there to help......
I strongly believe marriage is more of mini heaven than prison 'when u marry right'.......
Trust me wink
Please go back and read the post with an indepth understanding...the write up is not based on "LOVE"

1 Like

Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Joycomethnow: 7:47pm On May 15, 2015
...It takes the deep to comprehend the deep...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Joycomethnow: 7:50pm On May 15, 2015
Dollyak:

Preach.
Make your opinion known...not "Preach" does he sound like your pastor?

1 Like

Re: The Prison Called Marriage by jamesbridget13(f): 9:03pm On May 15, 2015
Rexology:

You just got married recently, I guess?
u re right
Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Rexology: 10:15pm On May 15, 2015
jamesbridget13:
u re right
Ok...
Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Professurr(m): 12:22am On May 16, 2015
Another nairalander's hasty generalisation on issues of life that are and always will be unique in respect to the persons involved, their society, beliefs among other things. And for the record, many women are happy in their marriages. wink
Rexology:

She could be happy because her husband is happy,and because the wife had surrendered her entire life to a man(Husband) for just a piece of metal(ring) in the name of marriage(Prison).
What about her dreams, vision, aspirations before commital to prison(marriage)?
Do you think your sister(s)is 100% happy in her prison(marriage)?
Every humanbeing enjoys freedom
Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Rexology: 7:13am On May 16, 2015
Professurr:
Another nairalander's hasty generalisation on issues of life that are and always will be unique in respect to the persons involved, their society, beliefs among other things. And for the record, many women are happy in their marriages. wink
When you visit Nigerian Prison, you will see the inmtates laughing, playing(football) eating associating with each other, some dress fine, look good, when you see them, you might probably think or say they are happy, but are they really happy inside the prison?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Joycomethnow: 7:45am On May 16, 2015
Some people here are reacting to the write up partly rather than wholistically.
The write-up centred on the King(husband) and his subject(wife) in his Kingdom(marriage) relationship as opposed to the original intent of Jehovah (Adam and Eve in the garden).
Jehovah created Eve to be Adam's friend and companion in the garden and NEVER to be Adam's subject to rule over.(unfortunately that's how African society view wives).
The writer was also concerned that ladies are given a price tag ' Pride price' and men are compelled by tradition to 'Pay'
It is this issue of 'Pay' that made husband to 'rule' over his wife and take away her freedom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Prison Called Marriage by Rexology: 7:54am On May 16, 2015
Joycomethnow:
Some people here are reacting to the write up partly rather than wholistically.
The write-up centred on the King(husband) and his subject(wife) in his Kingdom(marriage) relationship as opposed to the original intent of Jehovah (Adam and Eve in the garden).
Jehovah created Eve to be Adam's friend and companion in the garden and NEVER to be Adam's subject to rule over.(unfortunately that's how African society view wive)
The writer was also concerned that ladies are given a price tag ' Pride price' and men are compelled by tradition to 'Pay'
It is this issue of 'Pay' that made husband to 'rule' over his wife and take away her freedom.

I hail your comprehension skill...its excellent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Who Dumps Girlfriend After 5 Years Post Pictures Of Him & His New Girlfriend / What Do You Know About Bayelsa girls? / "They Grew Up Together": Baby Plays With Chickens As They Follow Her Like Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.