Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp (32217 Views)

"Slay Queens Slaying In Camp" - This Female Corper's Outfit Got People Talking / How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. / How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by klbakare(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2015
AncientJerk:
ok first of all, i don't see how he almost lost his life here??

the actions taken by the security personnel were totally unacceptable, however this boy certainly did not act wit wisdom. the name of the game is survival. knowing that the security guys were refusing to buy his story why didn't he just return to the lecture hall to explain to the lecturer? and if the lecturer too refused to listen would it not have been better to wait a little in the lecture hall and to wait for three hours in the "guard room"?

you've got to think survival in a country like Nigeria

also i would think there should probably be something like a medical pass or so that would grant temporary exemptions to unwell individuals?
your post is as mumuish as your self....just keep shut if you don't know what to say
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Meritgoal(m): 11:21pm On May 14, 2015
peeparty:
Read excerpts below:
“To all my fellow NYSC corp members around Nigeria, today, I witnessed how one of my colleagues, Adeyera Olubunmi (State code: NS/15A/0134)(Call-up no.: NYSC/NIJ/2015/061287) almost died due to maltreatment in Nasarawa state NYSC camp by security officials.

What happened this morning was that Bunmi Adeyera who is also Platoon 4 leader and was obviously sick went to the Camp clinic to collect some drugs to combat his ailment and was approaching the camp market to get food (since food was no longer available in the camp kitchen) in order to use his drugs when he was stopped by security operatives (Nigerian Police force and Man’O War) and was asked to go back into the camp hall for lectures.
How NYSC Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture At Camp
He tried explaining to them that he was sick and needed to take his drugs but they did not listen to him, rather he was told to start ‘frog-jumping’.Bunmi quietly explained to them that he might not be able to ‘frog-jump’ because of his health status.

The next thing I saw was that the security operatives (who were obviously Hausas, because they communicated fluently in Hausa language) told asked him if he was Hausa or Yoruba. When he told them he was Yoruba and he hails from Lagos state, they seized his NYSC identification tag and marched him straight to the ‘Guard room’ allegations of ‘being stubborn’ without giving him any chance of speaking in his own defense.

This place called Guard room is a bathroom located at the entrance gate of the Nasarawa Camp where soldiers urinate at all time and with no cross-ventilation.

We all watched them take the poor sick Corp member to the Guard Room, and was detained there going to three hours. The next thing I saw was people from the camp medical unit running towards the gate with stretcher in their hands.

Behold Bunmi had collapsed and fainted in the so-called guard room.
Even while the Red Cross team was trying to rescue the situation, the soldiers sent them back saying that all was pretence and that when he wakes up, he will return to the guard room.
The doctors battled for his life for about an hour before Bunmi Adeyera became conscious again and was later stabilized.

Every Corp member on Camp including NYSC officials know Bunmi to be easy-going, obedient and friend to all which is more reason he emerged the leader of Platoon 4.
The population of those who went to the clinic to check on him is one that I have never seen on camp although they wouldn’t allow us take pictures of this ugly incident

But my question is this why is it that we Corp members who have in good faith and humility come to serve our father land are being maltreated even to the extent of someone fainting. This should not continue. All these security agents should be careful in performing their duties and should remember that the pen is powerful than the sword…”

Bunmi Adeyera is a graduate of mass communication from The Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Ogba, Lagos state. All attempts to reach the Nasarawa state co-ordinator, Mrs. C.I Uba, proved abortive.

cc
lalasticlala
Thank God he's back to life, You guys should just endure you'll be out of camp in no time and you'll become stars in towns and villages of Nasarawa. I camped their (Magaji Dan ya Musa) 4 years ago. Platoon leader of the champion platoon (platoon 9). Regards to all corp members posted to Farin-ruwa. Tell them they should never miss the visitation to the waterfall, it's a nature to behold.
Farin-ruwa Corpers liarson officer (CLO) oct 2011-feb 2012.
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by wiloy2k8(m): 11:37pm On May 14, 2015
Normal thing .was too stubborn in camp .my brother is serving in Nasarawa Batch B 2014 ,
security tire for us ...punishment was steady for me until we started to rapo , thats after 5 days with block head . batch A 2014 .Oyo State
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by obinoral1179(m): 11:46pm On May 14, 2015
I thought after everything you guys will protest just to show them the power of your strength. Protest is the language they understand in this country. Did same in cross river when our first alawee came late.

See as them dey beg us but they later victimise a guy from IFE.
2014A
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by bobmalu83(m): 11:47pm On May 14, 2015
A military Man in edo camp also used his stick n hit my head at night around 10:30pm for no cause that why am i operating my phone on my bed? I hv to challenge him by telling him that it is wrong for him to hit me, he doesn't hv a choice than to apologize
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by klevjey: 12:03am On May 15, 2015
Imanuelle:

Sentimental nonsense!

I read u sir...
Aboki suya
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by sochima1989(m): 12:05am On May 15, 2015
Holywizard:
NYSC shud be stopped but dey shud wait after i serve finish oooo
NCCF will never die bro
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Holywizard: 12:09am On May 15, 2015
sochima1989:
NCCF will never die bro
NYSC not NCCF
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by sochima1989(m): 12:25am On May 15, 2015
Holywizard:
NYSC not NCCF
yeah...... No NCCF without NYSC if the later goes the former follows
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Holywizard: 12:34am On May 15, 2015
sochima1989:
yeah...... No NCCF without NYSC if the later goes the former follows
am a novice. still in my finals
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Richy4(m): 1:19am On May 15, 2015
shakazuldadon:
lipsrsealed

All of you Corp members that witnessed it are otondo. Unable no get mouth Abi una no go public university.

They are totally scared, so that they will not post them to the interior village. but news flash, Nasarawa na village. even the state capital. the only difference between the capital and the hamlet in that state is network.
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by hugafella(m): 5:07am On May 15, 2015
but I thought yorubas and hausas have a good working relationship. abi na slavery relationship. anyway, thank God he didn't die. but that camp must be full of lily livered guys. in my time, we drove away our camp commandant for his brutality. he had no choice than to run away by 2am when the riot got very hot. @dutsinma camp, katsina, 2005 batch B.
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by nothingdou1(m): 5:22am On May 15, 2015
Alexisu:
Magaji Dan Yamusa camp. Keffi.

Was there 13A.

Get well platoon 4 leader

If truely u were there 2013A u will know that similar thing happened then,between an hausa guy and an igbo girl.the kitchen to be precised at the back of the hall opposite the female block.na the girl Dey punish,put her for guard room and left the boy.nothing was done to the hausa guy.even when e b say the guy beat the girl
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by sochima1989(m): 6:34am On May 15, 2015
Holywizard:
am a novice. still in my finals
ohk......Nigeria Christian Coppers Fellowship
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by eduxerxes: 6:49am On May 15, 2015
lawanson44:

Maybe the guy was stubborn and trying to form gara-gara in front of the soldiers and now his friend is here trying to play victim for him. By the way, on the part of the soldiers who spoke hausa, why did they resort to torture him after he said he was yoruba? I thought that since after the elections, the Hausas and yorubas became good friends? Abi the friendship no work again?
lol...very hilarious! I agree with ur point, maybe he was tryna play gra-gra. That said, on Yoruba's and Hausas, I don't knw what 2 say...
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by jacko007(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2015
So you even have mouth to complain, u can only grumble ...is always new to fresher's .,...........
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Eminentsaint(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2015
shakazuldadon:
lipsrsealed

All of you Corp members that witnessed it are otondo. Unable no get mouth Abi una no go public university.
Would you do anything if you were there?
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by modestdude(m): 8:47am On May 15, 2015
NYSC has never had any better DG than Brigadier I.M TSIGA (2009 and may be till 2011). May God bless this fine officer now retired.

Corpers welfare and security was top on his priority. I remember him calling out his phone number on parade ground to us in 2009, to report any act of molestation from any soldier or police to the Nigerian corper directly to him and like he promised, his line was regularly on with no P.A on phone calls to answer his calls. He championed the increament of corpers allowee from the measly 9,700 to what it is now.

Those soldiers and police for hear am now, if it were TSIGA.

This is what he had to say when asked about the worst moment of his career

"As a matter of fact, my worst moment was at the peak of my career, during my time as the DG of the NYSC. It was a moment in my life which I will never forget.
That period, many young and vibrant youths who held high hopes for this nation, and were serving the nation in joy and fulfillment, were gruesomely murdered while working as adhoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) during elections.
The attack and, in some cases, cold-blooded murder of some corps members during the 2011 election was the worst moment of my career. It is one moment I will never forget in a hurry, one in which promising youths giving selfless service were innocently attacked and murdered"

What a fine Officer he is, to have spoken so noble of the Nigerian Corper @bolded

God bless TSIGA. I enjoyed service 2009, felt like an untouchable federal pikin by soldiers and police alike. I was arrested by unscrupulous police officers on usual evening raid and after my espirit de corp salutation (lol) and identification as a Corper was blushed aside. I called Tsiga who demanded to speak with them. I didn't know what he told them in just 10 seconds and i was freed with the speed of light and dropped with the same police van.

Abeg make una sorry for my long narration. I just dey pour out my emotion how i like that man. The first Director General who did NYSC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by 9jatatafo(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2015
shakazuldadon:
lipsrsealed

You said the truth. So they don't have the spirit ALUTA!!! Na confirmed OTONDOs is what they are!! Mofos, watching one of their own almost killed and can't do nothing.
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by sleam: 10:30am On May 15, 2015
"for nasarawa for nasarawa corper no dey rest"...I was there, 13a (notorious)hall E female hostel...

Anyways, I have a strong feeling the OP didn't tell us the true story...I trust Nigerian students
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Lincoln275(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
so you had to quote the entire story to write 3 measly lines? Total waste of space
just have ur time, what did u just say? when i have my own c of o
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by buddydoze(m): 12:58pm On May 15, 2015
Alexisu:
Magaji Dan Yamusa camp. Keffi.

Was there 13A.

Get well platoon 4 leader

A ti ri yin...Ex-corper!
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 15, 2015
klbakare:

your post is as mumuish as your self....just keep shut if you don't know what to say

klevjey:

we don't live to survive in our own country when we r not refugees..if u don't want us to enjoy our father land, then u have to be cut off...e.g: Hausa soldiers..GET READY FOR WAR!

Abyolah:

what is this one saying.
Back to the topic,thank God for d dude life. Similar thing almost happen'd to me bk then in camp. This soldier ask'd me to roll inside mud cos i was walking instead of "doubling up". I was like: Oga em just gimme drips fnsh for una clinic ni o. I con show am where em plaster for my hand n drugs. The aboki hand jez fall as en no c me disgrace...those guys cn be annoying sumtyms

lol i can only smile at you guys honestly... smiley
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Akposkool(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2015
Lincoln275:
just have ur time, what did u just say? when i have my own c of o
it's clear you are slow in comprehending
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Mariojane(f): 4:55pm On May 15, 2015
alberto2k:
undecided
cheesy he is selfish right?
mightyfada:

No be by force to comment
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Lincoln275(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
it's clear you are slow in comprehending
hahahahaha bros akpors!
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Akposkool(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2015
Lincoln275:
hahahahaha bros akpors!
make I sorry for am?
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Lincoln275(m): 7:06pm On May 15, 2015
Akposkool:
make I sorry for am?
guy... dont waste your time quoting or mentioning me. i nor get your time nah
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Akposkool(m): 7:08pm On May 15, 2015
Lincoln275:

guy... dont waste your time quoting or mentioning me. i nor get your time nah
go to hell
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by klevjey: 7:13pm On May 15, 2015
AncientJerk:

lol i can only smile at you guys honestly... smiley

keep smiling bro...

its allowed
Re: How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp by Alexisu: 7:24pm On May 15, 2015
nothingdou1:

If truely u were there 2013A u will know that similar thing happened then,between an hausa guy and an igbo girl.the kitchen to be precised at the back of the hall opposite the female block.na the girl Dey punish,put her for guard room and left the boy.nothing was done to the hausa guy.even when e b say the guy beat the girl

Na was ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Corpers Kidnapped On Their Way To Camp, Rescued In Rivers / Official Nysc 2018 Batch A Timetable Released / Two Corpers Die In Accident On Taraba-Benue Road (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.