Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. (39398 Views)

HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / HND Holders For Direct M.sc Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Akynzodeighbour(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2015
omanifrank:
i have not actually used my B.Sc to work since i graduate anyway.. blogging has been paying my bills
I'm interested in blogging, can you be of help?
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by LastProphet: 6:54am On May 15, 2015
Nasri100:

Disagree. I have friends that graduated with 2:2 and are currently selecting jobs. Its all about networking. Besides, courses like Engineering, Physics and Maths actually have high demands of people in the second class category.

my brother no fresh graduate with 2.2 will be selecting jobs o except around small small companies. you see the fact is that upon graduation most 2.1 grads of good courses get interviews with firms like Schlumberger, shell, agip, and all the main oil companies, 2.2 will not even be called. go to govt - all the good agencies like CBN, nnpc, Ncc, sec, bpe, DPR, ptdf, etc all ask for only 2.1. then go to banks, we all know that one though 2.2 get invited when its a mass recruitment. so u see in the first few years the 2.1 grad has many times more chances. the only saving grace for 2.2 is in developing yourself so that after those few years you can qualify for experienced level recruitment even at those coveted companies. any other assumption besides what I just told u is pure daydreaming, and pls don't forget that there are always a lucky few that don't follow but they are fewer than few sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Sanuzi(m): 7:05am On May 15, 2015
NA true talk .Skill the main koko .com tuface,Dbanj fit feed 100 professors at a goal. Even mikel Obi so Skill na koko. my own view ooooo
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 8:18am On May 15, 2015
So moral lesson: don't bother going to a university. Get an HND and you're good to go?!
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 8:22am On May 15, 2015
LastProphet:

my brother no fresh graduate with 2.2 will be selecting jobs o except around small small companies. you see the fact is that upon graduation most 2.1 grads of good courses get interviews with firms like Schlumberger, shell, agip, and all the main oil companies, 2.2 will not even be called. go to govt - all the good agencies like CBN, nnpc, Ncc, sec, bpe, DPR, ptdf, etc all ask for only 2.1. then go to banks, we all know that one though 2.2 get invited when its a mass recruitment. so u see in the first few years the 2.1 grad has many times more chances. the only saving grace for 2.2 is in developing yourself so that after those few years you can qualify for experienced level recruitment even at those coveted companies. any other assumption besides what I just told u is pure daydreaming, and pls don't forget that there are always a lucky few that don't follow but they are fewer than few sha
even we 2.1 aren't sure of jobs yet. Msc sef dey drag with us. Bottom line is that your degree na just sec sch cert aswear....favour is needed too.
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by fineyemi(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2015
heryeendey:
..I Wanna B A Blooger 2 Oo..Pls Hw Du I??..08095052800 Whatssap ..Tanx
me too! 08166343495
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by charmingeyes(m): 8:28am On May 15, 2015
From what OP posted, organizations prefer to use cheap labour which HND provides and B. Sc can't grant even if it's a 2.2
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 8:29am On May 15, 2015
NigerMan1:

literarymathy - your assertion is a testimony that you younger generation were bred under an intense DISCRIMINATORY society and unfortunately this culture has become massively ingrained in most Nigerians like you. Yes I agree with the points you raised but suffice to say that they're 100% a Nigerian culture that first reared ts ugly head in the 70s under the Gowon Administration by those who felt THREATENED by the new breed of HND holders who're out-performing them in the workplaces.

However your belief about certificate is not practiced in advanced countries where VALUE and MERITS are the twin pillars their foundations are laid. If those countries were run like Nigeria today, China, US, France, Japan, Singapore, will be poorer and lagging behind like us today!

Finally literarymathy I think it smack of inferiority complex and reaping where one did not sow to describe another college graduate as "middle man" when you did not COMPETE with hm to determine who is BETTER? To determine who can be the BETTER leader say in 10 - 20 years?

Please remember that you're avidly supporting this satanic "Certificate Discrimination" because it favors you and/or it rubs your inner ego that you're 'better' than your fellow youth who you did not compete with to gain position.

My dear do not complain when you get discriminated against via other "Black Man" policies or reason such as tribe, quota system, state of origin, gender, height, 'man now man,' sexuality etc.

Many of you are crying for greater and successful NIGERIA - but you lack the wisdom and global knowledge that such society are solidly built upon an EGALITARIAN foundation which you hate so much.

Like I said earlier, truth and reality are worlds apart. The truth is that the division shouldn't be there but the reality is that it is there. There's nothing we can do about that. I admire HND holders and don't discriminate in any way because I know many of them are intellectually sound and practically efficient but the truth is the 'D' in HND means "diploma" and as you may know, diploma certificates entail middle management jobs. I didn't put it like that, it's always been like that even in the UK before it was abolished and replaced with B.Tech. Maybe that's what Nigeria needs too.
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by pythondjango(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2015
chynergy1:
sorry, not for me again. I am into gaming, I m making my cash.
cant even remember when last I touched my certificates.
pls can you take me as a friend.it seems i am interested in developing gaming apps of world class status. So,are you a game developer?
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Ibukun003(m): 9:19am On May 15, 2015
Acidosis:
What is 2.2?

2.5 - 3.49, right?

Are you aware you'll need over 5 'As' in 3 unit courses* to move from 2.5 to 3.49? Now its funny when we all classify students with such an unintelligent factor.

Personally, I will never employ anyone based on such generalization; whoever developed the 2.1 - 2.2 grading system must be burning in hell as I type.

Of what use is 2.1, 2.2 when we can simply ask for cumulative grades? strengths and weaknesses via transcript?

*perceived
So much like your comment. Still thought about it personally yesterday. A great difference between 3.50 and 4.49. Also a huge diff. between 4.50 and 5.0. The grading system is all rubbish. A friend of mine finished with 4.49 and another with 3.50 and some were happy that its all 2.1.

1 Like

Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by say9ng(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2015
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by victor247: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
First class, 2.1, 2.2, third class I just wanna be a Billionaire!!!!!!
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by dayopti(m): 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
I don't thing is about your certificates or your grade, I think most time is about who you know and the level of ur connection and in the extreme cases, one need to depend on God's favour to get a Job in Nigeria. My wife finish from University of Ilorin with second class upper in Industrial Chemistry in 2010, and MSc. from Unilag in Environmental Chemistry and yet she is yet to get a job. note the sch she finish from Unilorin and Unilag both schools are classified as one of the best university in Nigeria. Ironically, her room mate and course mate that had a 3rd class have been working in a reputable organisation since 2012 and she with her 2.1 and MSc she is yet to get one.
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by MORANOCEE(m): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Are you a working class Adult or Business owner with either a HND or professional Qualifications like ACCA, ACA, ACIA, CITN etc and wishes to have a business related degree? Don't worry, Contact: +2349093839041 or e-mail: ahuscnigeria@ahusc.net to get your qualification converted to a degree within one year, based on experiential credits, from an accredited U.S University. You can also enroll for an online BBA or MBA with thousands of Dollars as Scholarship. Short Duration programs are also available in marketing, Accounting, Purchasing and Business Law. Contact: +2349093839041 or +2347030083306
Re: HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
dayopti:
I don't thing is about your certificates or your grade, I think most time is about who you know and the level of ur connection and in the extreme cases, one need to depend on God's favour to get a Job in Nigeria. My wife finish from University of Ilorin with second class upper in Industrial Chemistry in 2010, and MSc. from Unilag in Environmental Chemistry and yet she is yet to get a job. note the sch she finish from Unilorin and Unilag both schools are classified as one of the best university in Nigeria. Ironically, her room mate and course mate that had a 3rd class have been working in a reputable organisation since 2012 and she with her 2.1 and MSc she is yet to get one.
You should have ignored the kid, he thinks 2.1 is a free meal ticket.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Of England Honours Nasir Yammama, CEO Verdant Agri-Tech (Pics) / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / Nigerian Police Uniform In 1948

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.