Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57171 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tonyx4x44(m): 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
hostkobo:

disclaimer help:
https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/sample-website-disclaimer
http://www.freenetlaw.com/free-website-disclaimer/

search google until you find one that isnt too wordy for your own liking. Then make it personal.....at the bottom, you can also include the source. Anyway, this is the season for disclaimers.

after taking a look at your blog:
- you dont have a favicon
https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon
http://www.wpsuperstars.net/add-a-favicon-in-wordpress/

- shouldn't "Frontpage" be "Home"...there are some "nomenclatures" around the web, it would be nice to follow such.

- shouldnt your slogan be 'somewhere" near the logo....your name.

- why does your search lead here?
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014585302913709242400:iwi7lkeixku
why not just use the default wordpress search widget.

- whats up with your footer menu, shouldn't it display horizontally instead?

reagards,
HK

all fixed!

please cross check www.boyantech.com

your recommendations are appreciated... please notify if anything else is out of place. thanks!
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
My site Google page speed is damn low 17 mobile, 41 desktop and you have to download about 8.8mb data to load the site, i have w3cahe total already installed and configured, but in the minify tab when i tick line break and remove comment under css setting and js, my site style sheet get messed up and my site will be show a like a plain html site. please any idea on how to fix this please, pls quote me when helping out so that i can take note thanks [url]deljconsult.com[/url]
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
@ hostkobo and co.. abeg, i'm trying to add a widget (widget?) to display after some selected post on my blog. Like when u receive article and you want to add a little Bio of the author. I know about starbox plugin that offer that. And i cant seem to be able to make a selection of post per/author. For now, i wrote those. But as time goes on, i'm gonna have to accept post from writters too. What plugin offers that on wordpress please?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 27, 2015
While working at the backend, wordpress suddenly displays "wordpress is not installed" I will have to log-in several times which might take several minutes before I can gain access to my backend.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2015
9iceX:
@ hostkobo and co.. abeg, i'm trying to add a widget (widget?) to display after some selected post on my blog. Like when u receive article and you want to add a little Bio of the author. I know about starbox plugin that offer that. And i cant seem to be able to make a selection of post per/author. For now, i wrote those. But as time goes on, i'm gonna have to accept post from writters too. What plugin offers that on wordpress please?

If what you are saying is just to generate a link that shows the total post from a particular author... like i said earlier... I am not a plugin fan, I rather insert an html code that looks like this <a href="http://blogname.com/author/9iceX/">All posts by 9iceX</a>
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2015
odicity:
My site Google page speed is damn low 17 mobile, 41 desktop and you have to download about 8.8mb data to load the site, i have w3cahe total already installed and configured, but in the minify tab when i tick line break and remove comment under css setting and js, my site style sheet get messed up and my site will be show a like a plain html site. please any idea on how to fix this please, pls quote me when helping out so that i can take note thanks [url]deljconsult.com[/url]

Optimize your images.... Start from there
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2015
ttymyluv:
While working at the backend, wordpress suddenly displays "wordpress is not installed" I will have to log-in several times which might take several minutes before I can gain access to my backend.

Screen-grab the error and lets see
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by ken4jj(m): 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
hostkobo:

smallest package:
Mini Business:N 10,000/year
- cpanel
10 Email Accounts
5 GB Disk Space
10 GB Bandwidth

- yes, you get your 1-click wordpress installation, and Im here for 248 support.

regards,
HK

Thanks. Can i design the website before hosting it? How do i install it and create a database etc. I am a newbie. I am doing it for learning purposes. I will prefer designing first, seeing how it looks before hosting it. How can i do it? Thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tbsnetworks: 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
How to secure the my wordpress website i want add two step verification for my WordPress website can you please tell me how to do that. IT Support And Services | 24/7 IT support | Technology support services
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by wizzprince(m): 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Please kombo,u are doing a nice work,i open my blog in feb and i didnt login again til august,now i cant edit information on it,and please how can i create a website lk nairaland too thanks,alvinallenblog.com.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
kombo:

Screen-grab the error and lets see

Please how can i do that? thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
kombo:

Optimize your images.... Start from there

tnks bro how can i do that
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2015
tonyx4x44:

all fixed!

please cross check www.boyantech.com

your recommendations are appreciated... please notify if anything else is out of place. thanks!

Nice work bro.
- all those categories that are still empty, try and focus on them and put like 2-posts up for each.... or better still, dont publish them for now as there are no articles for them....

cheers
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tonyx4x44(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
hostkobo:

Nice work bro.
- all those categories that are still empty, try and focus on them and put like 2-posts up for each.... or better still, dont publish them for now as there are no articles for them....

cheers
HK

thanks bro for your help and time>>> God bless you..

over the weekend I will try to populate those categories>>> thanks again
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by onoms4luv(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
hostkobo:

Hi Onoms,
that feature, as you described it is inbuilt into wordpress already.
Your login form is available at www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
What you need to do is:
- create a new user and make the user an "author" - this use will be able to login and create posts and comments
- comments and posts are also available for the unregistered user by default

regards
HK

Hello sir... the picture may explain what I need, and I will be glad if you can help

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 10:55am On Aug 28, 2015
I have being trying to configure my w3cache minify settings manually since when it is done automatically it breaks my site and make it look messy like plain html script. i have set minify from setting to manual, when i click on the help wizard button it loads endlessly showing a trnspernt black pop up without showing any thing. please how can i fix this. thanks. PLEASE QUOTE SO THAT I CAN BE NOTIFIED
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
onoms4luv:

Hello sir... the picture may explain what I need, and I will be glad if you can help

what theme are you using?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 1:14am On Sep 01, 2015
ken4jj:

Thanks. Can i design the website before hosting it? How do i install it and create a database etc. I am a newbie. I am doing it for learning purposes. I will prefer designing first, seeing how it looks before hosting it. How can i do it? Thanks

You can install a web server on your computer, install WordPress, etc

How?
Google
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 1:16am On Sep 01, 2015
odicity:
I have being trying to configure my w3cache minify settings manually since when it is done automatically it breaks my site and make it look messy like plain html script. i have set minify from setting to manual, when i click on the help wizard button it loads endlessly showing a trnspernt black pop up without showing any thing. please how can i fix this. thanks. PLEASE QUOTE SO THAT I CAN BE NOTIFIED

What's your url?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
hostkobo:

What's your url?
[url]deljconsult.com[/url] i am no longer using the minify option that makes my site heavy and slow
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 02, 2015
Hi kombo had HK, I have this outbrain ads placed before content in my contact/about us and privacy policy page. It wasn't done by me and I have tried rectifying it but cannot find where the codes where pasted in the site. I'll appreciate it if I'm directed on the possible places to find it. I've searched thoroughly, really. The site url is www.gunnerscity.com. Thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
radiokilla:
Hi kombo had HK, I have this outbrain ads placed before content in my contact/about us and privacy policy page. It wasn't done by me and I have tried rectifying it but cannot find where the codes where pasted in the site. I'll appreciate it if I'm directed on the possible places to find it. I've searched thoroughly, really. The site url is www.gunnerscity.com. Thanks

what happened to your right side bar?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
odicity:

[url]deljconsult.com[/url] i am no longer using the minify option that makes my site heavy and slow

Hi there,
here is another review:

1) whats with the girl in green, her rear text, the arrows, and the subscribe box floating over the entire page? thats a serious no-brainer. Pls take it off. Thats very unprofessional....its a great distraction.

2) shorten your menu/menu-item names so it doesnt flow into 2-lines

3) You have displayed an intro for each post on the front page, where is the readmore button or link?
- and until you type an email into the subcribe box, your site doent allow any other thing to be done? cmon, thats so cheap a way of getting visitors to signup / subscribe to your site. At the end of the day, you might have 99% phony email addresses

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by bendul: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
thankyouJesus:
Kudos to you, I actually created my blog yesterday, no much stuff. I also want to learn about making money on it.
Note: I am using the free plan not the business and likes.
Link to my blog:
ideyyourback.

http://lagusatu.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
radiokilla:

Its an ad network u must have subscribed to sometime in the past

Does this "http://ads.themoneytizer.com/" sound familiar?

And please if u want me view and do stuff on ur website... kindly deactivate the annoying pop-up advert.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
hostkobo:

Hi there,
here is another review:

1) whats with the girl in green, her rear text, the arrows, and the subscribe box floating over the entire page? thats a serious no-brainer. Pls take it off. Thats very unprofessional....its a great distraction.

2) shorten your menu/menu-item names so it doesnt flow into 2-lines

3) You have displayed an intro for each post on the front page, where is the readmore button or link?
- and until you type an email into the subcribe box, your site doent allow any other thing to be done? cmon, thats so cheap a way of getting visitors to signup / subscribe to your site. At the end of the day, you might have 99% phony email addresses

regards,
HK

TNKS BRO THE POP UP HAS A CLOSE BUTTON AT THE RIGHT TOP AND I NOTE THE TITLE FOR THE SECOND PAGE IS LONG, EVERY POST HAS A DETAIL LINK TO READ MORE THANKS, PLEASE I NID HELP TO REDUCE THE LOADING TIME AND SIZE USING W3CACHE PLUGIN BUT THE AUTO SETTINGS MESS THINGS UP AND AND IN THE MANUAL SETTINGS WHEN I CLICK ON THE HELP WIZARD BUTTON IT DOESN'T WORK. CAN YOU HELP ME FIX THAT PLEASE THANKS
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
kombo:

Its an ad network u must have subscribed to sometime in the past

Does this "http://ads.themoneytizer.com/" sound familiar?

And please if u want me view and do stuff on ur website... kindly deactivate the annoying pop-up advert.
ther's no popup ad sir. Perhaps it's google or something. I did not paste that code for outbrain myself. Someone did it and badly it turned out but I have not been able to contact him to rectify or take it down. All I ask is for you to locate it. I have searched for it thoroughly.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
hostkobo:

what happened to your right side bar?

nothing sire,it's still there, please help me out. I'm trying to get approved for adsense here.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Kudducini(m): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2015
Hy Poster Is There Any Trick To Make Categories Show In Navigation Bar In Wordpress Theme I Mean Mobile Press "carrington Mobile"
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
How can i close up the white space between the footer and main body as i marked it with red point. Also how do i remove the "proudly powered by wordpress" at the footer

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
seegi:

Thank u very much bross...

Bross i nid tutorial on how to upload(Music,Video e.t.c) via url to my media libraray. In wordpress. I dnt mind maybe by plugin or any oda way
Though your post is on June, are u still interested in getting the tutorial on how to upload music and video in wordpress?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by eluquenson(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Masters in the house, i have issues with my domain(Godaddy) and i believe you can fix that for me.
1. I redirected my eluquenson..com blog to my Godaddy domain(www.eluquenson.com) which i did correctly.
2. I have eluquenson. blog now, i successfully moved all my content from my to my wordpress blog.
3. I removed my domain(redirect) from my .
4. I now tried to redirect my wordpress to point to my Godaddy domain and i am stuck now.

Pls, what help can you do for me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.