Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57025 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bossforeva:
Hello, please i successfully installed wordpress to my site, www.starttells.com . i have not been able to login as i keep getting this URL http://starttells.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fstarttells.com%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1 which keeps reloading the login page, pls how can i fix this? thanks.
Best thing is to uninstall the wordpress, and install a fresh one, then try to log in again
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Bossforeva:

the hosting site through wish i installed wordpress, gave me the twenty eleven version 3.3.1 i tried installing it, but it ain't working.
Also, some plugins and themes i wanna integrate into my sites ain't showing on the dashboard after installation e.g is Buddypress
That is an old version, we have 4.3+ version now, try update your wordpress version
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
chuksmad:

Best thing is to uninstall the wordpress, and install a fresh one, then try to log in again

@BossForever,
PLEASE DONT uninstall WP, it can be fixed:
a nice starting point:
- logout
- disable all plugins
- clear cookies/cache
- exit browser

try and login again?
if it still doesnt work? hit me on whatsapp with your login(contact below), ill look into it for you.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
hostkobo:

@Chuksmad,
PLEASE DONT uninstall WP, it can be fixed:
a nice starting point:
- logout
- disable all plugins
- clear cookies/cache
- exit browser

try and login again?
if it still doesnt work? hit me on whatsapp with your login(contact below), ill look into it for you.

regards
HK

your domain is redirected to starttells..
are you trying to move your content over to your own host or? coz with subdomain.worpdress.com, you cant get that error.

regards again,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
chuksmad:
How can i close up the white space between the footer and main body as i marked it with red point. Also how do i remove the "proudly powered by wordpress" at the footer

what is the URL for your site?

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
eluquenson:
Masters in the house, i have issues with my domain(Godaddy) and i believe you can fix that for me.
1. I redirected my eluquenson..com blog to my Godaddy domain(www.eluquenson.com) which i did correctly.
2. I have eluquenson. blog now, i successfully moved all my content from my to my wordpress blog.
3. I removed my domain(redirect) from my .
4. I now tried to redirect my wordpress to point to my Godaddy domain and i am stuck now.

Pls, what help can you do for me?

hi there,
where are you stuck or what are you stuck with?

- what you should do is forward your godaddy domain to your dot-wordpress subdomain....."with masking"

regards,
HK

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chieyine(m): 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
@kombo and hostkobo,pls i once uninstalled wordpress on my domain due to some reasons.
I later reinstalled wordpress and also reinstalled jetpack but the jetpack started giving me problems that i did not experience before.
it could not connect to
the url is http://www.africanshealth.com
so pls what should i do
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2015
hostkobo:

what is the URL for your site?

regards,
HK
@hostkobo, thanks for treating my case. The url is www.prislaw dot com/wp
Also help me to check the contact page, the gap between the google map and the header - how to close it up, also how to remove that text "untitled entry - read full article" at the contact page.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
chuksmad:

@hostkobo, thanks for treating my case. The url is www.prislaw dot com/wp
Also help me to check the contact page, the gap between the google map and the header - how to close it up, also how to remove that text "untitled entry - read full article" at the contact page.

- footer space reduction: inside your stylesheet, around line 466, play with the margins of class .hentry{}

the space between your map and the header shows a blogposts' title "untitled entry - read full article".
What did you publish there?

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2015
chieyine:
@kombo and hostkobo,pls i once uninstalled wordpress on my domain due to some reasons.
I later reinstalled wordpress and also reinstalled jetpack but the jetpack started giving me problems that i did not experience before.
it could not connect to
the url is http://www.africanshealth.com
so pls what should i do

hello there,

what kind of problems did jetpack give you?

your site does not have any content.
regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2015
*CEDARHOSTNG
Looking for a reliable web hosting company to power your websites visit www.cedarhostng.com we offer unlimited features on all plans
Get 6GB for as low as N3500

Get started with reseller business,even if you are a beginner we will guide you
get
start reseller biz for as low as N8,000 for 30GB

150GB for N22,000
For unlimited plan - Call
visit www.cedarhostng.com

*EADESMS
Get premium sms for as low as N1.50kobo
we also power up your own bulksms reseller website for N35,000
visit www.eadesms.com

*Baycrystal computers
Enroll for
*Certificate Courses
*Diploma Courses
*Professional Courses such as Oracel,CCNA,Webdesign,software development,programming etc

*Adyotai Concept Network
Promote your goods/services on www.adyotaiconcept.com reach out to millions and attract the traffic you seek,get the right audience for patronage.make more sales today

*WEBSITE DESIGN
own a website today we build site like olx classified site,ecommerce,blogs,forums,social network site,real estate,Auto/car site and lots more.....create an online presence for your niche today

*E-Marketing
-Get Gsm numbers to advertise your goods/services
-Get emails of companies/professionals/students/nysc and lots more to promote your services
-Digital advertising with your companies banner to reach out to over 11million
-Social media marketing
-BBM Campaigns etc

contact us on
call/whatsapp : 08186219002
BBM : 532FC7C5
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by eluquenson(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2015
hostkobo:

hi there,
where are you stuck or what are you stuck with?

- what you should do is forward your godaddy domain to your dot-wordpress subdomain....."with masking"

regards,
HK
Thanks bro, but i saw mapping and the one i did was to change the DNS zone file. With this service from wordpress which i will pay $13 per annum and still pay for domain at Godaddy.

Pls, am i getting it wrong?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
eluquenson:
Thanks bro, but i saw mapping and the one i did was to change the DNS zone file. With this service from wordpress which i will pay $13 per annum and still pay for domain at Godaddy.

Pls, am i getting it wrong?

You are on the right path:

read this: https://en.support./map-existing-domain/

why not go for a self hosted solution, rather than paying godaddy and paying wordpress.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by TheDauraMallam: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
kombo:
That is a good start, but I will strongly suggest you host your blog, do not stay on . if you have bigger plans. It is relatively cheap to migrate to self host.

You will be able to customize as u wish since you own our server space, you will also be able to use FTP and install your desired theme... etc... alot of advantages..

Just try, you can do that later tho, It is not compulsory it must be now, maybe when you get more familiar with wordpress, but have it in mind

-Kombo

Hello, how do I host my blog on wordpress i.e buy a domain?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by funmo(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2015
OK good folks

I got this issue

my blog www.sharpijebuboy.com doesn't seem to respond to themes. No matter the responsive theme I install, people still have to click "visit full site" in order to see the theme, else all they see is the default WordPress outlook.

Meanwhile, even folks that use . use same themes and they see the theme responding on all devices

Good folks, what could be happening?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by donstriker0: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2015
Guys help me to rate this site www.gistfly.ml opened it yesterday night
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
funmo:
OK good folks

I got this issue

my blog www.sharpijebuboy.com doesn't seem to respond to themes. No matter the responsive theme I install, people still have to click "visit full site" in order to see the theme, else all they see is the default WordPress outlook.

Meanwhile, even folks that use . use same themes and they see the theme responding on all devices

if you dont mind, hit me up on whatsapp with the details, ill help you figure it out, then ill tell you what the issue was so next time you can help yourself / someone else.

details in my siggy below

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
chuksmad:

b/4 u uninstall re u using simple server
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by donstriker0: 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2015
Guys help me to rate this my wordpress site www.gistfly.ml opened it 2days ago
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
funmo:
OK good folks

I got this issue

dear sir,

when the site is opened on mobile, you'll see the "visit full site", but on desktop, it doesn't show.

On mobile if you click the "visit full site", the desktop view is shown(on mobile), but then you'll see "visit mobile site" at the bottom.

I dont think there is a problem. The "Visit full site" message is from the theme, just to give the viewer the option to switch between the mobile and the desktop views.

why not use the North Shore theme, its premium, responsive and the 'visit full site' doesnt show. Same with the Expound theme.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by donstriker0: 1:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mr hostkobo pls check my website pls
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by eluquenson(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2015
hostkobo:

You are on the right path:

read this: https://en.support./map-existing-domain/

why not go for a self hosted solution, rather than paying godaddy and paying wordpress.

regards,
HK
Any referral i will appreciate.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
donstriker0:
Mr hostkobo pls check my website pls

what is your website's URL?

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
eluquenson:
Any referral i will appreciate.

I can provide you quality hosting, besides other website babysitting services.

Hit me up on whatsapp. Details in my signature.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by donstriker0: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
hostkobo:

what is your website's URL?
regards HK
www.gistfly.ml opened it 3days ago
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
donstriker0:
www.gistfly.ml opened it 3days ago

1) the site loads very slowly

2) your logo is way too big, check out the original theme: http://www.fwpthemes.com/prosuv-wordpress-theme/

3) your slide show images are too too too smaill.

4) your post images are also too smaill

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
hostkobo:

- footer space reduction: inside your stylesheet, around line 466, play with the margins of class .hentry{}

the space between your map and the header shows a blogposts' title "untitled entry - read full article".
What did you publish there?

regards,
HK
@hostkobo, how should i access the stylesheet, line 466 to have access to the class .hentry. I have checked through the back end, i could not see anything and also right click and open the page source, what i saw there is the HTML codes.
How can i access the stylesheet?

For second issue, i did not publish anything there.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
chuksmad:

@hostkobo, how should i access the stylesheet, line 466 to have access to the class .hentry. I have checked through the back end, i could not see anything and also right click and open the page source, what i saw there is the HTML codes.
How can i access the stylesheet?

For second issue, i did not publish anything there.

when you login, go to appearance >> themes >> editor

the stylesheet is the .css file

if you dont know what to do, whatsapp me your login, ill look it up for u.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by chuksmad(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2015
hostkobo:

when you login, go to appearance >> themes >> editor

the stylesheet is the .css file

if you dont know what to do, whatsapp me your login, ill look it up for u.

regards
HK
Thanks, i have whatsapp you for the login details. Check your whatsapp message.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by donstriker0: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hostkobo can i get your whatsapp detail or number
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by david290(m): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
I wish to link my facebook page to my wordpress blog. I got help?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
donstriker0:
Hostkobo can i get your whatsapp detail or number

check my signature.....below

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.