Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57279 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
hostkobo:

dear all,
above issue was fixed in the morning.
loading properly since then: pls check: http://gunnerscity.com/

regards, HK,
thanks alot sir, God bless you
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by justin04(m): 7:56am On Jul 08, 2015
My new website is at it's infancy. Any tips you want to give? Viewpointng.com. thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello hostkobo/kombo

How do you show news from other website on a blog? Like a feature at the side or at the bottom. I want to feature daily news from EIA website like a sidebar
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
justin04:
My new website is at it's infancy. Any tips you want to give? Viewpointng.com. thanks

hello ma/sir,

No pun intended:

1) color-riot: use colors that arent heavy on the eyes. Red + blue + dark grey + light-grey is not the way to go.

2) logo is too big,

3) nothing is showing on your sidebar

4) you need to properly categorize all articles. You shouldnt have "uncategorized" in your menu. Its not a sign of a serious-minded editor.

5) logo is too big and not sharp enough.

if you need some help, buzz me: im on whatsapp. Ill give your site a new 'haircut' and you'll be happy with the result.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
salsera:
Hello hostkobo/kombo

How do you show news from other website on a blog? Like a feature at the side or at the bottom. I want to feature daily news from EIA website like a sidebar

if by "EIA website", you mean: http://www.eia.gov/; then use their feeds: www.eia.gov/tools/rssfeeds/

Now, depending on what your website runs on, you might need a tool to pull such feeds.

Whats your URL?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
using honma theme

still a newbie in blogging so I'm not sure how to get the RSSfeeds from eia.gov site. I can see it says subscribe but how do i get it on my blog?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
salsera:

its yourdomain.com

using honma theme

still a newbie in blogging so I'm not sure how to get the RSSfeeds from eia.gov site. I can see it says subscribe but how do i get it on my blog?

u can use any of these:
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-pipes/
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/feedwordpress/
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by vizboy(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2015
I have a wordpress blog as Olddomain.com Now I want to change my domain name to new domain.com

How do I do That why Still Maintaining my Blog Traffic And Backlink
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
hostkobo

I'm lost oh
so i have installed WP Pipes but I'm not sure what I did wrong cos its not showing on the site undecided
Customizing blogs is work on another level
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Iamhoypete(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hi bro, im thinking of setting up a wordpress blog and would love to get a self hosted blog as well is it advisable getting it on wordpress or i should just go for godaddy
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Iamhoypete:
Hi bro, im thinking of setting up a wordpress blog and would love to get a self hosted blog as well is it advisable getting it on wordpress or i should just go for godaddy

If these are the two options you got, I will always choose Godaddy.

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2015
vizboy:
I have a wordpress blog as Olddomain.com Now I want to change my domain name to new domain.com

You can retain the website and do a domain forwarding from domain.com to olddomain.com while considering masking the domain

-kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Harry4cas(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2015
Please which webhost are you all using on your wordpress blog? I personally think that Bluehost company charges are way too much for me. As i student and a prospective blogger i'd love to know the webhost that is cost efficient and trustworthy to use.
2ndly, Do you guys pay for .com domain and same time pay for hosting? If am to go by that wordpress bluehost partners then imma say that you guys technically pay upto +20,000 approximately per year if am not mistaken. Is there no other way out?

I dont like a bit but It is so damn expensive here on wordpress than .
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
salsera:
hostkobo

I'm lost oh
so i have installed WP Pipes but I'm not sure what I did wrong cos its not showing on the site undecided
Customizing blogs is work on another level

Hi there,
Ill help you: Im on sms, skype and watsapp!!

cheers
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Harry4cas:
Please which webhost are you all using on your wordpress blog? I personally think that Bluehost company charges are way too much for me. As i student and a prospective blogger i'd love to know the webhost that is cost efficient and trustworthy to use.
2ndly, Do you guys pay for .com domain and same time pay for hosting? If am to go by that wordpress bluehost partners then imma say that you guys technically pay upto +20,000 approximately per year if am not mistaken. Is there no other way out?

I dont like a bit but It is so damn expensive here on wordpress than .

Speaking for myself in this case: I run my own servers, and therefore I can register domain names and provide hosting services at a comfortable price.

I would consider the service rendered before thinking of / whether the price is costly or not.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
vizboy:

Assuming your hosting account and domain name are with the same company, you can just register a new name and in whatever control panel you are given, change your primary domain name from old to new.

Else, if you have a domain name with like Godaddy and are hosting with XYZ, just register the new domain name and point it to (forward with masking enabled) to the new domain name.

If you are using, for ex: Wordpress, there are tools that would:

rename old article name:
http://www.olddomain.com/this-is-the-title-of-the-first-post

to new article name:
http://www.newdomain.com/this-is-the-title-of-the-first-post

- in scenarios where you linked to your own posts from other posts.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by odicity: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
after selecting the first button on the permanent link setting, (the one named default) and saving it. i have my themes no longer work and i have changed themes countless even after changing were i selected back to posts as it doesn't changes anything, i have also try many other buttons on the permanent link setting and it have not change anything [url]deljconsult.com[/url] am very confused. please brother help out.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Aspireahead(m): 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
please i want to have limited number of post on my home page...how do I go about it. my blog is in my signature
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2015
Aspireahead:
please i want to have limited number of post on my home page...how do I go about it. my blog is in my signature

Click on Settings.
Click on Reading.
Change "Blog pages show at most" to 5 or 10, etc - as you please.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2015
odicity:
after selecting the first button on the permanent link setting, (the one named default) and saving it. i have my themes no longer work and i have changed themes countless even after changing were i selected back to posts as it doesn't changes anything, i have also try many other buttons on the permanent link setting and it have not change anything [url]deljconsult.com[/url] am very confused. please brother help out.

I assume you have reset the permanet links to default.

If you dont mind, let me take the challenge of helping you out: smiley

Im on whatsapp! see my signature.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
Please help me review my blog.. www.gistsdaily.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Aspireahead(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
hostkobo:

Click on Settings. Click on Reading. Change "Blog pages show at most" to 5 or 10, etc - as you please.
regards HK
thanks a million....you are a blessing to Nairaland.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
Aspireahead:

thanks a million....you are a blessing to Nairaland.

thanks for the complement.
Its a pleasure to help!

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by ngmgeek(m): 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
@ Kombo

Hope all is well. Please review www.naijaquestions.com

Getting the right color for the tags is hard, any sugggestion?

Thanks in advance for your review.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
ngmgeek:
@ Kombo

Hope all is well. Please review www.naijaquestions.com

Getting the right color for the tags is hard, any sugggestion?

Thanks in advance for your review.

1. Website is fast tho... or maybe its my network, but i can see less graphics so it should be
2. Website is not responsive... SAME LAYOUT on mobile
3. You still have junk posts copied from the template... remove them (Check the tabs... POPULAR and the rest)
4. The color for the tag is cool,... blends with theme color

My Opinion

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by ngmgeek(m): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
kombo:

1. Website is fast tho... or maybe its my network, but i can see less graphics so it should be
2. Website is not responsive... SAME LAYOUT on mobile
3. You still have junk posts copied from the template... remove them (Check the tabs... POPULAR and the rest)
4. The color for the tag is cool,... blends with theme color

My Opinion

-Kombo

Thanks @ Kombo.
Working to take care of #3 but how can I fix #2 ie not responsive? Thanks again.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by knockles(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
I hail all the webmasters in the house. How can I have two or more WordPress sites and run them smoothly with different passwords on my localhost (WAMP)
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2015
knockles:
I hail all the webmasters in the house. How can I have two or more WordPress sites and run them smoothly with different passwords on my localhost (WAMP)

your WAMP installation will have a root dir / html dir (where web pages will be served). For example, I have mine at E:\wamp\www

Install the first wp site in directory1
install the second one into directory2
install the third into directory3

for each wp-installation, a new database is required,
thus I have:
E:\wamp\www\wp1
E:\wamp\www\wp2
E:\wamp\www\wp3

and as many as possible

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
ngmgeek:

Thanks @ Kombo.
Working to take care of #3 but how can I fix #2 ie not responsive? Thanks again.

1. Use a responsive theme (You can get thousand options online)
2. Install a mobile theme and Use a plugin to switch themes to the mobile theme
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by knockles(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
hostkobo:

your WAMP installation will have a root dir / html dir (where web pages will be served). For example, I have mine at E:\wamp\www

Install the first wp site in directory1
install the second one into directory2
install the third into directory3

for each wp-installation, a new database is required,
thus I have:
E:\wamp\www\wp1
E:\wamp\www\wp2
E:\wamp\www\wp3

and as many as possible

regards
HK

Many thanks to you-HostKobo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by fnep2smooth(m): 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
kombo:

I can help you look into it, but that has to be weekend, I got some stuffs am working on now, Sorry bro

-Kombo
Please can you recommend a good plugin that can upload music and image together in my site. I hosted in on WordPress

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.