Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership (741 Views)

PDP BOT Sacks Sheriff And Makarfi; Takes Over Party Leadership / Pardon Saraki, Dogara, APC Chieftain Begs Party Leadership / I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Surplus90(m): 7:15am On May 15, 2015
ABUJA — PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has told the National Working Committee, NWC, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that he would return stronger to help rebuild the party after taking a short break outside the country with his family.
The President urged the leadership, stakeholders, leaders, elders and members of the PDP to put behind them the defeat the party suffered during the March 28 presidential election where it lost to the All Progressives Congress, APC, after 16 years in power and build the party for future elections.
President Jonathan, who did not actually blame the leadership of the party for his loss at the election, was said to have heaped the blames on some of his very close aides, just as he told the NWC members that a Special Adviser from the North did not even vote on the day of Presidential election.
Vanguard gathered that President Jonathan, who thanked members of the NWC for their support, disclosed to them that soon after the May 29 handover of government, he would travel outside the country with his family, rest, recuperate and then come back to politics later, but not immediately.
President Jonathan who also warned the leadership of the party against apportioning blames asked them to ensure that the PDP does not disintegrate because of March and April elections.
PDP will bounce back
He said from all indications, the PDP would bounce back against the backdrop that there would be the problem of ego where three persons will be serving as Presidents of the country with only one elected.
The Wednesday meeting was held behind closed doors at the Presidential Villa with the aim of ending the lingering crisis in the party after the general elections where some PDP governors, party leaders, stakeholders and members have been calling for the sack of the present National Working Committee, NWC, under Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu.
The meeting, the first of its kind since the PDP lost the presidency after 16 years of leadership to the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari, retd, was a postmortem on the election, to discuss the way forward for the party especially the move to heal the inflicted wounds, to restrategise as well as reposition the party.
It was also gathered that those present at the meeting used the opportunity to ruminate on the elections and the loss where they wished that the PDP would have won the election.
The ruling PDP, which controlled the Presidency, the Senate and the House of Representatives for 16 years since 1999, did not only suffer Presidential defeat, but it lost in its traditional states of Plateau; Niger; Kaduna; Benue; Bauchi and Jigawa.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/ill-return-stronger-to-rebuild-pdp-jonathan-tells-party-leadership/

Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by SeverusSnape(m): 7:17am On May 15, 2015
[size=14pt]GEJ my HERO!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by disumusa: 7:24am On May 15, 2015
Gej eeeeeeeeeeyou dey mumu well well
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by SHARIAREPORTERS: 7:26am On May 15, 2015
I prefer transformation I hate "change"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by teeboi73: 7:32am On May 15, 2015
Do you have 'clue' on how to rebuild?
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 7:33am On May 15, 2015
Daddy GEJ while you take rest, we will be here to make sure that no APC don't sell off nigeria and they make 1 dollar to eaual 1 naira.

We are ready to serve you anytime for the betterment of this country.

Gej our Hero

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Cadamlk: 7:33am On May 15, 2015
Bro Jo can make me laugh sha.The PDP that crash under your very nose that you can not rebuild when you you have the power and autonomy.I begin to wonder how you want to do that when you don't have the power
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2015
you wey dey power, wey lost, na u wan come build from the opposition stands?

truth be told, this guy is never a leader, he will only pull them down the more, I swerrit
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Ahmed0336(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2015
#YAWNSSSSSSS
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by orobs93(m): 7:39am On May 15, 2015
is like saying Nigeria will win the world cup...
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by kodded(m): 7:39am On May 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
seconded
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by kodded(m): 7:39am On May 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
seconded
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by MizMyColi(f): 8:04am On May 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:
[size=14pt]GEJ my HERO!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 8:09am On May 15, 2015
They should merge with the likes of APGA,LP maybe even KOWA and other smaller parties.....cos I see more defections from pdp in the future smiley

To be honest it'll take a lot of work to 'rebuild' pdp
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Ngozi14: 8:14am On May 15, 2015
Obviously you underestimate the extent of PDP's collapse...
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by eaglechild: 8:18am On May 15, 2015
GEJ the peace maker.

It is just a matter of time before the strange bed fellows in APC begin to claw at each other.
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by AfricanApple(f): 8:25am On May 15, 2015
if I were you, I would just go and rest. I don't think you have any friend in there sad betrayers a bunch of them lipsrsealed
Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by Jesusloveyou: 9:02am On May 15, 2015
See me,see laugh, u wan build pdp from ur bedroom, those in ur local govt has decamp, ur bedroom(pej) wil soon decamp, moreover don't run away,be prepare for ur jail, is like dis ogogoro gej smoke weed, three president ko, five president ni

1 Like

Re: I’ll Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP, Jonathan Tells Party Leadership by OduaVanguard: 9:07am On May 15, 2015
The "Chisos" of PDP has spoken.

(1) (Reply)

Court Throws Out Case Seeking To Stop African First Ladies Emergency Meeting / SEE Photos From Governor Rotimi Amaechi Book Launch / After Jonathan’s Loss, My Ailment Disappeared – Patience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.