Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB (19362 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Second Edition Winner::FUNAAB -Congratulations- / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Two :Abu Zaria vs Funaab WINNER: FUNAAB / LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Qmab: 4:32pm On May 16, 2015
Once a FUNAABITE., always a FUNAABITE. Oya... Let's go there.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 4:34pm On May 16, 2015
marenakue:
#IREPFUNAAB
marenakue:
#IREPFUNAAB
marenakue:
#IREPFUNAAB
Fynestboi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2408643_nisd_jpeg3be8160565afcecc57c88704521e0a03
Guy
marenakue post=33799868:
#IREPFUNAAB
marenakue:
#IREPFUNAAB
Whao! Whao!! Whao!!! Ladies and gentlemen, the educational aficionados, the cerebral analysts and pundits, respected Nairaland intelligentsia and commentariat, observers and watchers all well respected Nigerian students both in Nigeria and Abroad, it's our pleasure to welcome you once again to THE SECOND EDITION OF NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE, the ESSAY SUBMISSION STAGE, Twenty four schools applied for this EDITION but only SIX school sent across their ENTRY ESSAY which presupposes that 6 schools will be climbing the fence of this phase to the group stage...
The first edition is now erstwhile yes it is cheesy cheesy cheesy, all plaudit, acclamation and adoration to God for the megahit of the first edition, and also to our personage Judges and audience..... grin grin grin and here we go with the SECOND CHAPTER OF this esteemed interschool online debate i hope you find it more poignant, savory, piquant and educative.... Relax and read enthralling, bedazzle and spellbind write up from our portentous, stupendous and astounding contestant ... it's our relish to welcome you to the SECOND edition of the NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE. For those who have not been following, you may go through the history here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1851738/nairaland-interschool-debate-2013-2014
*grabs popcorn with smoov* gringringringrin

TOPIC:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2408709_religion_jpeg3fd87c4c8a1ed8df94ac59a703bdf6e6

CHIEF HOST
Seun GCFR-NL
Mark Zuckergerg of Nigeria
CEO of Nairaland

CHAIRMAN
lalasticlala

COORDINATOR
Olawalebabs
Fynestboi
Richiez
Fattybabakay

JUDGES
Jarus
Caracta

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2408709_religion_jpeg3fd87c4c8a1ed8df94ac59a703bdf6e6
UNILORIN (for) VS FUNAAB (against)

[size=15pt]UNILORIN[/size]

shehuaba
illicit
seedorfgf
segtxes23
lukaze
neyoor
kika23

[size=15pt]FUNAAB[/size]

pseudonomer
Nunushokoto
Ibsgal

I Rep funaab....go funaab!!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Bplati: 4:34pm On May 16, 2015
Funaab for me..... Straight to the point and orderly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Fynestboi: 4:35pm On May 16, 2015
subbieD:

I Rep funaab....go funaab!!!!! grin

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 4:37pm On May 16, 2015
Qmab:
Once a FUNAABITE., always a FUNAABITE.
Oya... Let's go there.

Tell them....... grin grin cheesy......Let's go there

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 4:38pm On May 16, 2015
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]I rep FUNAAB[/size]

Na Funaab sure pass o.....

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 16, 2015
Team Unilorin cool

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 16, 2015
lets support our very own Funaabites . #TeamFunaab.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 4:51pm On May 16, 2015
dadebayo1:
FUNAAB...... Greatest FUNAABITES I hail o

Great oooooooo grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 4:54pm On May 16, 2015
tbasejones:
lets support our very own Funaabites . #TeamFunaab.

#Teamfunaab

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Idboyostic(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2015
@Neyoor, I strongly believe in you but it will be bold enough if you can drop your use of big grammars and for the introduction you started with..... I will say is a No for me, Have watched better presentations and I can say your involvement in the school politics shows one or two things in your Introduction. All in All, you did a great Job (good lines) and I salute your courage For coming out here....

You can win it for us....

Less I forget, you did justice to your write up by letting us see the way it is done (when to start a new paragraph, space between the paragraphs for it to be easily read, when to use your comma and full stop.....)

After reading up on the other contestants, I can tell you I see the judges waving in your favour.... Let's wait and see

#StronglyBehindYou
#TeamUnilorin
#Observing

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 4:59pm On May 16, 2015
lacreamieboie:
I go with the FUNAAB guy! Nice one theregrin Kiss Daniel family... grin

Lol....Yesso

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 5:01pm On May 16, 2015
Omowalksola:
Greatest FUNAABITE...

Greatest gbogbogbo!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Jarus(m): 5:03pm On May 16, 2015
COMMENT ON ANUMUKUM

Simple English, no show off or verbosity. Began with flawless English but a couple of slips here and there towards the end. Simple appeal to logic and persuasion.

A decent show. But try and spend more time on proofreading if you scale through to the next stage.

Scores to be sent to the moderators.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 16, 2015
Fynestboi:
whats your say on the topic.......

is religion and ethnic diversities in Nigeria really a trigger for national chaos or reason we still stand.....
[size=18pt] ?[/size]

let read from you sir/ma... smiley
what type of question is this please? Debates are created to create antagonistic and protagonistic opinions on a set topic. Yours does not only confuse but is not even worthy of a debate with the way it's constructed.

Is diversity a cause or harbinger of chaos or unity in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria? Would have been more suitable and correct. This gives a clear cut side to pitch your tent with for the debaters.

With the insertion of the word "really" in the topic. You have actually set the tone for the debate to tilt to the position that diversity causes chaos and the other premise is a false one which was just added to either make the sentence longer or whatever was on the mind of the questioner. It's more suggestive than arguementative.

Good job though for trying to rekindle the lost art of reading and education amongst our Y generation youngsters who prefer writing k, lol and lmao that writing a thought provoking article.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Omotayor123(f): 5:07pm On May 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

waiting for your comments........
OK.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by alchemist(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2015
Una dey do ojoro self. Its time the employer and unemployee debate too nah. Abi na banker vs teacher or virgin vs deflowered

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

is religion and ethnic diversities in Nigeria really a trigger for national chaos or reason we still stand..... ? lipsrsealed
Obviously, it is a catalyst for national deformation in Nigeria and in this essay, I would explain couple of facts that are involved here.

First of all, religion has remained one of the limiting factors jeopardizing Nigeria's growth, even though the country claimed to live in peace and tranquility to the outside world. The issue of Boko Haram as a case study, is obviously something the so-called entity has not handled properly, as a result, gave way to mediocrity. The nation will continue to struggle due to religious disunity.

Second, ethnic diversity ought to have been the key to unity. Unfortunately, it is other way round. The government is perhaps handicapped probably because of selfish interests by some powerful politicans.

Third, there is a popular saying "united will stand while divided will fall." This is what Nigeria is experiencing at the moment. They're simply not united. Even those who speak the same local language, for example, the Igbos. While Yorubas and Hausas are slightly better.

Infact, whatever it is, we all should understand that we don't have another Nigeria and must make some sacrifices to save our beloved country from further damage. The West are making mockery of us right now and capatalizing on our lack of unity.

In a nutshell, we can only solve these problems by ourselves and make Nigeria a better place for living. What we need now is sincerity, hardwork and unity to turn things around.
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by lacreamieboie(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2015
subbieD:

Lol....Yesso
Are u a funaabite?

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 5:09pm On May 16, 2015
Fynestboi:

shocked shocked

wink grin cheesy....yeahhhh #IrepFunaab
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Fynestboi: 5:13pm On May 16, 2015
johnny1980:
and what kind of question is this please. Debates are created to create antagonistic and protagonistic opinions on a set topic. Yours does not only confuse but is not even worthy of a debate.

Is diversity a cause or harbinger of chaos or unity in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria? Would have been more suitable and correct. This gives more clear cut side to pitch your tent with for the debaters.

With the insertion of the word "really" in the topic. You have actually set the tone for the debate to tilt to the position that diversity is causes chaos and the other premise is a false one which was just added to either make the sentence longer or whatever. It's more suggestive than arguementative.

hmmmm noted sir...
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by oladiddy: 5:19pm On May 16, 2015
#TeamFunaab #TeamFunaab #TeamFunaab

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by edey2real: 5:23pm On May 16, 2015
As an Alumnus of UNAAB. Giving my full support to Greatest FUNAAB.

Carry on my comrades!!!

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Qmab: 5:28pm On May 16, 2015
subbieD:

Tell them....... grin grin cheesy......Let's go there
sure. FUNAABITE! .... AWOOOH!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Jamzig1(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2015
I was here.....#TeamFunaab#...Greatest Funaabites!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 5:37pm On May 16, 2015
wristwatch:
Brilliant Show!

Reading and Learning. cool

Team FUNAAB cool

We always Rep.......#teamfunaab grin

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by tunery004(m): 5:39pm On May 16, 2015
Hmmm *grabs mic, clears throat* as a Unilorin Alumni, can I also rep my alma mater here? To the Unilorin guy, you did a good job, but has it was pointed out by other commentators, your 'lugubrious' grammars were killing it. Kudos to you bro, you did well.
Errrrmmm pls shey me sef fit send my own, cos I get plenty tins to yarn for this topic. Mod pls na
Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 5:39pm On May 16, 2015
Jamzig1:
I was here.....#TeamFunaab#...Greatest Funaabites!!!

Funaabite noni Bro, Let's support them.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by subbieD(f): 5:41pm On May 16, 2015
edey2real:
As an Alumnus of UNAAB. Giving my full support to Greatest FUNAAB.

Carry on my comrades!!!

Godfather, we hail u....welcome sir

#teamFunaab

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by pseudonomer: 5:42pm On May 16, 2015
DeeTus:
Obviously, it is a catalyst for national deformation in Nigeria and in this essay, I would explain couple of facts that are involved here.

First of all, religion has remained one of the limiting factors jeopardizing Nigeria's growth, even though the country claimed to live in peace and tranquility to the outside world. The issue of Boko Haram as a case study, is obviously something the so-called entity has not handled properly, as a result, gave way to mediocrity. The nation will continue to struggle due to religious disunity.

Second, ethnic diversity ought to have been the key to unity. Unfortunately, it is other way round. The government is perhaps handicapped probably because of selfish interests by some powerful politicans.

Third, there is a popular saying "united will stand while divided will fall." This is what Nigeria is experiencing at the moment. They're simply not united. Even those who speak the same local language, for example, the Igbos. While Yorubas and Hausas are slightly better.

Infact, whatever it is, we all should understand that we don't have another Nigeria and must make some sacrifices to save our beloved country from further damage. The West are making mockery of us right now and capatalizing on our lack of unity.

In a nutshell, we can only solve these problems by ourselves and make Nigeria a better place for living. What we need now is sincerity, hardwork and unity to turn things around.

If I am allowed to comment, the issue of Boko-Haram is never based on religion or ethnicity. Boko-Haram has destroyed Mosques, And the most places they bombed is the north. Same goes to Niger-Delta.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by efilefun(m): 5:43pm On May 16, 2015
#BetterByFar

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB by Fynestboi: 5:43pm On May 16, 2015
tunery004:
Hmmm *grabs mic, clears throat* as a Unilorin Alumni, can I also rep my alma mater here? To the Unilorin guy, you did a good job, but has it was pointed out by other commentators, your 'lugubrious' grammars were killing it. Kudos to you bro, you did well.
Errrrmmm pls shey me sef fit send my own, cos I get plenty tins to yarn for this topic. Mod pls na

grin grin ok sir am waiting. grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Poly Students Taunt University Students With Diss Song As ASUU Strike Lingers / NANS Warns Students Against Anti-buhari Rally / UNILORIN Elects Medical Student As Its Student Union President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.