Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble, If APC Did Not Win... Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble, If APC Did Not Win... Amaechi (329 Views)

Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency / If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi / What APC Did To PDP At Benin Presidential Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble, If APC Did Not Win... Amaechi by Mbkite(m): 9:26am On May 15, 2015
Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi said he knew he would have been in trouble and have been hounded out of the country if APC hadn’t won the presidential election.

Amaechi made the statement in Lagos, yesterday, during the public presentation of a book titled “Dynamics of Change: The Amaechi Years” which is the compilation of his achievements a governor.

I knew I was going to be in trouble. Anything that would cause that change not to take place, I was ready to make that sacrifice. The federal government sent out a signal that if they won nobody should let me out of Nigeria from any airport.

One day Asiwaju got angry with me. He was very angry. I went to his house with Mallam Nasir El-Rufai and knelt down, saying ‘please let’s not disagree, let’s win first and then we can disagree.

“I told Asiwaju that what is important is to make a history of the first civilian coup in Nigeria when your children and grandchildren read the history with your name as one of the people who helped bring about change in Nigeria.

I said, let us focus on the victory. I remember the day of the convention, there were so many intrigues, there will be convention, there won’t be convention, I said my leader, if we don’t do the convention we are finished, the press will say APC cannot hold a convention, lead us now, there must be convention and election. So, he turned to me and said look for Tunde (Fashola), let us go.” He said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/i-knew-i-was-going-to-be-in-trouble-if-apc-did-not-win/

(1) (Reply)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Osun State Government Partners With NGO To Train Teachers / 100 Killed In Benue Communities, Refugee Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.