Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students (34055 Views)

NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / BREAKING!!! NUC Warns-dont Study Any Of These Courses In These Nigerian Universi / NANS Warns Students Against Anti-buhari Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by felsunseg(m): 3:23pm On May 15, 2015
Just put America before or after your school name and then wait and see themm come with there children in thousands.

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 15, 2015
The same tribune paper had this news on its site in january 2013

tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/4213-how-genuine-is-that-foreign-university-certificate

Saying the uni is accredited according to NUC and federal ministry of education.

Only for them to come in 2015 and say the opposite.

Smh.

HNAUB should just pay NUC the money they want, and all will be well!
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by qualityovenbake(m): 3:27pm On May 15, 2015
snadguy007:
Lol.... The name 'America' is a selling point in Nigeria. We will soon see something like AMERICA PENTICOSTAL CHURCH cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin or American Muslim Mosque (whatever that means).

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Setaje(f): 3:28pm On May 15, 2015
Awoofawo:

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Setaje(f): 3:36pm On May 15, 2015
Diesel1:
pls stop saying what u don't, have u been to Kwame nkrumah univ, have u been to Zenith univ Accra gh, charley I live in gh so don't psoe too much before I expose u

You are d one just jumping. Expose me say wetin. Who u be?. Who u help?. No be wetin I see I talk. Abeg commot for here jare. You are one of them schooling there ba!
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 15, 2015
Nastydroid:
can you upload a picture of one? this sound funny to me

trust me its true.. there is a friend of mine he was in that kind of school and was about entering year three until his father found out the school was just two buildings...
he transfered back to our school but they refused to accept him. he had to start from scratch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by vikyno(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2015
NUC should just keep quiet and face their palava in Nigeria. They are simply telling HNAUB to come and renew their subscription.
They have no right whatsoever to go to other countries to inspect their schools. How many universities in Asian and Europe have they gone to do such?

The problem with Education in Benin is Infrastructure which Nigerians glamorises, they don't have the money to buy large expanse of land to develop properties for a private university unlike Nigeria where thieves uses their loots to do that. The whole country(Benin) have just one government university, that is to tell you how poor the country is.

Apart from infrastructure, the country is not used to our system of education in demand by the vast majority of Nigerian that goes their to seek such. They operate French system of education and they are very good at it. Because of this inadequacies, they resort to Nigerians to help run the institutions thereby causing a lot of problem as a result of our corrupt nature. In fact, 90% of lecturers in their institutions are from Nigerian Higher institutions.

Our government cum NUC need to put our country Educational system in order before casting aspersions on foreign owned institutions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by donifez(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2015
Godson201333:

Zenith university Ghana
American winscosin university Ghana

zenith university college is a big school, wisconsin international university college is also a big school(my former university).

Now am in Sikkim manipal university which is smaller yet it is not a 2 storey building( Always get your fact right).
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Diesel1(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

You are d one just jumping. Expose me say wetin. Who u be?. Who u help?. No be wetin I see I talk. Abeg commot for here jare. You are one of them schooling there ba!
That two story building I know u can't afford d tuition fee
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by cotzywitzy(m): 4:20pm On May 15, 2015
NUC e be like say bomb dey una head ... if una fit talk say Houdogbe is not a recognised University, then some universities in abroad should also be verified... rubbish
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by dapsin999(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2015
Godson201333:

Zenith university Ghana
American winscosin university Ghana

Exactly. I personally saw them with my koro koro eyes. Was surprised
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Setaje(f): 4:31pm On May 15, 2015
Diesel1:
That two story building I know u can't afford d tuition fee

Ehhnnnn God forbid i go to a university that has only one building. When even polytechnics here and school of agricultural na very big complex wiv better classrooms then get. If it is your pride to go to such schools. Shove it into your ass. Oshi!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by priscillawill(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:
They need to go to ghana too. Many of their universities are just 2 story buildings. No joke.
say what you know, if you don't know anything, keep your mouth shut.

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by HAH: 4:51pm On May 15, 2015
NUC have no right to discredit any foreign university not under their supervision, as long as they are accredited and recognised by the Benin government they should quit hating and respect their institution.

Even Nigerian universities have credibility issues in other nations, it it not in Nigeria that peoiple buy certificate or is it not in Nigerian so called citadel of learning that girls get degrees courtesy of their punny, it not in Nigerian that private universities give first class like tissue paper just to get more students enrolling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by priscillawill(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry while I was there I didn't take pictures but I stayed in Accra around weija. Very close to silver bird cinema. There is this ecobank very close to where I stayed. Usually I go there to redraw money and many Nigerians come there to redraw money for school fees and other things. My host later told me there is a university along the major road. So one day I passed there and I saw it was a 2 story building. I don't no why it didn't occur to me to know d name. I was just pissed. Why should Nigerians go to such schools?. I saw another one under construction. Was a three story building and it was clearly written university of something Accra. So am not just trying to spoil their schools, I saw it. I was told that only the university in legon is a real university, the rest are mushroom.
are you not sure that is an admission office, i have seen some of those offices, pls legon is not the best in ghana
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by highbeeola(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:
They need to go to ghana too. Many of their universities are just 2 story buildings. No joke.
Yes some fucking indian skul here in ghana scamming Nigerians I pity them rubbish
If not for ASUU wetin ghana get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Hermanie(m): 5:09pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry while I was there I didn't take pictures but I stayed in Accra around weija. Very close to silver bird cinema. There is this ecobank very close to where I stayed. Usually I go there to redraw money and many Nigerians come there to redraw money for school fees and other things. My host later told me there is a university along the major road. So one day I passed there and I saw it was a 2 story building. I don't no why it didn't occur to me to know d name. I was just pissed. Why should Nigerians go to such schools?. I saw another one under construction. Was a three story building and it was clearly written university of something Accra. So am not just trying to spoil their schools, I saw it. I was told that only the university in legon is a real university, the rest are mushroom.

The two story building you saw on that weija road is called Jayee university college.
The other one you said that was under construction is probably Accra institute of Technology

And please I know of two buildings university and two stories universities in Ghana .
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by dimssy(m): 5:19pm On May 15, 2015
was disappointed wen i saw sum of dir so called uni....a secondary school here is even better[quote
author=Setaje post=33759352]They need to go to ghana too. Many of their
universities are just 2 story buildings. No joke. [/quote]
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Not quite KNUST, RMU and some other unis are standard schools. the standard schools in ghana are very expensive for foreign students that's why nigerians opt for those 2 building universities you see. I school here by the way.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by dimssy(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2015
dats nt d general mentality..i blive most Nigerian skuls're better if nt for all dis yeye ASUU strike[quote
author=GenIgrigi post=33764817]**grins** You will not recognize it
because it is a just 3storey building in Benin rep but you will
recognize it if it is just a self-contain in UK. Afro mentality.
[/quote]
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Setaje(f): 5:33pm On May 15, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Not quite KNUST, RMU and some other unis are standard schools. the standard schools in ghana are very expensive for foreign students that's why nigerians opt for those 2 building universities you see. I school here by the way.

Really. That's bad ooooo. Why would they attend such schools. Even polytechnics here don't look that way. They just want to be termed international students. If u want to school abroad. Go to a good school.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by leGeExus(m): 5:38pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:
Nigerians been going all over the world in search of what I don't know.
It not neccessary you know my dear,But there are better uni and better offer in Benin republque,that nigeria uni can't stand
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by olareed(m): 5:42pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

why will you go to Eco bank to redraw their money?...do you work with CBN?
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by chefwole1(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2015
Weti I wan go do der or weti der for der we're to day auchipoly huh
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by aynerodcirus(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2015
Sayav:
1 story building is called *story for d gods**lolz

Shoro niyen?
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Hanibal(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
mention one of the story building unis u know of in Ghana
Accra institute of Technology
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by jpphilips(m): 6:06pm On May 15, 2015
Joshuadon:
NUC has started again for crying out loud! why are they enemies of progress, Nigerian students who has craved for admission without any success story due to the vast population or limited universities,who had decided to attempt HNAUB, majority being aspirants of medical courses has saw their dream come true.........

NUC should put more effort into creating more univ which in turn will accommodate more students,IF they want all those long story of theirs to become reality

You called studying in roofless classrooms progress?

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Joshuadon: 6:20pm On May 15, 2015
FAJFARM:
Did I hear u say "Creating more Universities" Those available in our country are they not enough? What we need is provision of good facilities and eradication of unnecessary strike.

Good points!
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Elxandre(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2015
Diesel1:
pls stop saying what u don't, have u been to Kwame nkrumah univ, have u been to Zenith univ Accra gh, charley I live in gh so don't psoe too much before I expose u
As someone who once schooled in GH, though I didn't finish there, I couldn't even bother replying her.
If someone claims to have lived in GH and still thinks the only credible university is University of Ghana Legon is the only credible one, that person is just silly.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2015
snadguy007:
Yeah, if NUC's assertion is true, then its cool. I think the university is owned by Asari Dokubo.

Nope bro,Asari Dokunbo also owns a university in Benin Republic, but this particular institution isn't his. His is 'King whatever university'...

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2015
qbd2:
Seriously, and I hjave friends dat attended dat uni.
When pesin no go go cotonou go study, when b say admission na wayo for naija

Abi! I tire oo.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by kachiz(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2015
Awoofawo:

Na Architect you dey follow talk so o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Summit University Offa, Kwara (Islamic) In Pictures / Student Of Nwafor Orizu College Nsugbe Shot Dead By Cultist (Graphic Pics) / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.