Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,806 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students (34047 Views)

NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / BREAKING!!! NUC Warns-dont Study Any Of These Courses In These Nigerian Universi / NANS Warns Students Against Anti-buhari Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Elxandre(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2015
Godson201333:

Zenith university Ghana
American winscosin university Ghana

I'm certain the second one on the list, Wisconsin international university college isn't a two storey structure except you don't know that place.
Meanwhile, a school might not be massive but as long as the number of departments isn't disproportionate to it's size and it maintains an acceptable standard, then it's okay.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2015
Hanibal:
Accra institute of Technology
Institute and university. Are they the same? People need to read a wrapper well before consuming it's contents
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:32pm On May 15, 2015
wise7:
that's not true, dokubo's uni is known as King 'amachiri' University.

Very correct boss.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:38pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
the winscosin I know of if not just a storey building as people imply. And there is also a permanent site under construction. Buffeting for a standard University. The bashing of schools in Ghana and Benin by the Nigerian gov and some people is a very poor approach and means of shifting from the real problem at hand. Trying to find out the faults in the other countries educational system as a mode to lure back the traffic. If Nigeria provided a better option for their citizens there. Am sure you will see majority of Nigerians schooling withing the country. There are also schools in Nigeria. The likes of project time. Etc. Build a good system and the hens will come to roost

God bless you. Nigeria claiming the giant of Africa,hence disparaging other Africa countries' educational system. Please,we need to grow.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by kento15: 6:40pm On May 15, 2015
In fact I knw sm1 who didn't pass English in his O'level dt is currently studying Medicine in dt sch, I pity sm rich parents sha, a brilliant child in Nigeria wit d right focus can easily pass Jamb.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2015
Elxandre:

As someone who once schooled in GH, though I didn't finish there, I couldn't even bother replying her.
If someone claims to have lived in GH and still thinks the only credible university is University of Ghana Legon is the only credible one, that person is just silly.
Thank you very much. Even with the exposure of internet people still remain ignorant and prefer to jump into conclusions
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:47pm On May 15, 2015
netmillionaires:

exactly. It is not because there is no institutions in Nigeria, rather it is because with just WASSCE u can enrol for even a medical course in that benin school. Most of those people I know going to that school are people who can't score a meagre 200 in JAMB yet want to study medicine... They will now come back to nigeria to form doctor.

But they don't use JAMB to enter Ghana's universties too. And their certificates are recognised everywhere in the the world. It is not about JAMB,it's about what you acquired in the university you eventually find yourself...

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2015
highbeeola:

Yes some fucking indian skul here in ghana scamming Nigerians I pity them rubbish
If not for ASUU wetin ghana get
Like Asus is the only problem of tertiary institutions. Smh
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2015
Afam4eva:
How can you disapprove a university if it's not in Nigeria. Who are the idiots running NUC. As long as the school is legal in Benin Republic, its none of your business. Face front.
smiley
Afam4eva:
How can you disapprove a university if it's not in Nigeria. Who are the idiots running NUC. As long as the school is legal in Benin Republic, its none of your business. Face front.

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry while I was there I didn't take pictures but I stayed in Accra around weija. Very close to silver bird cinema. There is this ecobank very close to where I stayed. Usually I go there to redraw money and many Nigerians come there to redraw money for school fees and other things. My host later told me there is a university along the major road. So one day I passed there and I saw it was a 2 story building. I don't no why it didn't occur to me to know d name. I was just pissed. Why should Nigerians go to such schools?. I saw another one under construction. Was a three story building and it was clearly written university of something Accra. So am not just trying to spoil their schools, I saw it. I was told that only the university in legon is a real university, the rest are mushroom.

that should be Marshalls university college
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by BrightForYou(m): 6:52pm On May 15, 2015
Judolisco:
i heard dat in dat school law is two years...i think this d school olamide was talking about
shocked
Judolisco:
i heard dat in dat school law is two years...i think this d school olamide was talking about
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by officialtahir: 6:52pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry while I was there I didn't take pictures but I stayed in Accra around weija. Very close to silver bird cinema. There is this ecobank very close to where I stayed. Usually I go there to redraw money and many Nigerians come there to redraw money for school fees and other things. My host later told me there is a university along the major road. So one day I passed there and I saw it was a 2 story building. I don't no why it didn't occur to me to know d name. I was just pissed. Why should Nigerians go to such schools?. I saw another one under construction. Was a three story building and it was clearly written university of something Accra. So am not just trying to spoil their schools, I saw it. I was told that only the university in legon is a real university, the rest are mushroom.
its true av seen it myself example are smu ( simkin manipal uni) zenith nd d rest
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Awoofawo(m): 6:52pm On May 15, 2015
kachiz:

Na Architect you dey follow talk so o
Wetin I talk? grin
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by boma95(f): 7:05pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
mention one of the story building unis u know of in Ghana

Mahatma Ghandi university
Westend university
Sikkim manipal university
Transafrican University
And others too numerous to mention. . .
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by boma95(f): 7:07pm On May 15, 2015
officialtahir:
its true av seen it myself example are smu ( simkin manipal uni) zenith nd d rest

Oga please say what you know... sikim? Yes!
Zenith? No!
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 15, 2015
vikyno:
NUC should just keep quiet and face their palava in Nigeria. They are simply telling HNAUB to come and renew their subscription.
They have no right whatsoever to go to other countries to inspect their schools. How many universities in Asian and Europe have they gone to do such?

The problem with Education in Benin is Infrastructure which Nigerians glamorises, they don't have the money to buy large expanse of land to develop properties for a private university unlike Nigeria where thieves uses their loots to do that. The whole country(Benin) have just one government university, that is to tell you how poor the country is.

Apart from infrastructure, the country is not used to our system of education in demand by the vast majority of Nigerian that goes their to seek such. They operate French system of education and they are very good at it. Because of this inadequacies, they resort to Nigerians to help run the institutions thereby causing a lot of problem as a result of our corrupt nature. In fact, 90% of lecturers in their institutions are from Nigerian Higher institutions.

Our government cum NUC need to put our country Educational system in order before casting aspersions on foreign owned institutions.

Thank you very much my broda.

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by lusciouslex: 7:16pm On May 15, 2015
What concerns the city of Contonu with education instead of the sales of fairly used cars? Ssmmmh!
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2015
boma95:

Mahatma Ghandi university
Westend university
Sikkim manipal university
Transafrican University
And others too numerous to mention. . .
Okay you are right.. But well does that rule Ghana out as an educational destination?? Or are there no standard universities in Ghana again to choose from ?? . While I am also concerned about the growing number of sub standard schools. The problem I have is that instead of nuc curbing the problem in the Nigerian tertiary institutions. They prefer to find faults to drag the students traffic back. Some of the schools may be sub standard. But it's students prefer it due to the treatment given to them as compared to their own country. There was a list t of sub standard schools and illegal schools in Nigeria that was released some time back. They out number the sub standard schools in Ghana and Benin together.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 15, 2015
And how bad is this school compared to some useless schools here in naija. Bad belle NUC justs wants to see naija youths stay at home, writing jamb or weac for years. Schools in benin republic recognize waec results that have a D7 in maths for someone who wants to study mass communication. that was how it used to be in naija those days until mumu oversabi from waec and co scattered everything.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by boma95(f): 7:42pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

You are d one just jumping. Expose me say wetin. Who u be?. Who u help?. No be wetin I see I talk. Abeg commot for here jare. You are one of them schooling there ba!

Seriously you need to be more informed about certain things before you post stuffs.....how can you say unilegon is the only good university in gh? Perhaps schools like knust,ucc,uew,gtuc,ait,methodist,regeant,anuc etc. Sound new to you?Mehn babe you're backward....upgrade your memory biko
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by boma95(f): 7:55pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
Okay you are right.. But well does that rule Ghana out as an educational destination?? Or are there no standard universities in Ghana again to choose from ?? . While I am also concerned about the growing number of sub standard schools. The problem I have is that instead of nuc curbing the problem in the Nigerian tertiary institutions. They prefer to find faults to drag the students traffic back. Some of the schools may be sub standard. But it's students prefer it due to the treatment given to them as compared to their own country. There was a list t of sub standard schools and illegal schools in Nigeria that was released some time back. They out number the sub standard schools in Ghana and Benin together.

Well,I only listed those schools that are one storey. Personally I think if you have the cash,schooling in Nigeria is a waste of energy.....post ume messed me up for four years.... schooling in cotonou nd Ghana has it's own advantages,aside just learning in a conducive environment with dedicated lecturers,you are been exposed to real life scenes and culture of others. There are so many nice schools here,and students are admitted based on their wassce aggregates which is far more preferable and less stressful compared to those jamb nd pume hurdles. There are mainly six government owned university in Ghana,and the private ones are affiliated to these six,meaning the private school take orders and use the schemes of the public unis cuz at the end of the day,the private university graduates you,but the public university gives you a certificate.....Hope I've cleared you enough? Lol....sorry for the long story

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Setaje(f): 7:59pm On May 15, 2015
boma95:

Seriously you need to be more informed about certain things before you post stuffs.....how can you say unilegon is the only good university in gh? Perhaps schools like knust,ucc,uew,gtuc,ait,methodist,regeant,anuc etc. Sound new to you?Mehn babe you're backward....upgrade your memory biko

I think u are very s7upid. My post was based on what I heard and what I also saw. I don't no about any other school. It is u that is backward and uncouth. If u wanna address me or correct me do that wivout acting uncultured or as if your parents did not raise u well.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Themandator: 8:12pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
the winscosin I know of if not just a storey building as people imply. And there is also a permanent site under construction. Buffeting for a standard University. The bashing of schools in Ghana and Benin by the Nigerian gov and some people is a very poor approach and means of shifting from the real problem at hand. Trying to find out the faults in the other countries educational system as a mode to lure back the traffic. If Nigeria provided a better option for their citizens there. Am sure you will see majority of Nigerians schooling withing the country. There are also schools in Nigeria. The likes of project time. Etc. Build a good system and the hens will come to roost

Point of correction, majority are still schooling here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 8:44pm On May 15, 2015
Themandator:

Point of correction, majority are still schooling here in Nigeria
yeah true. But when u discover how much countries make off Nigerian students. grin you will know it's a serious issue
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by yungwizzy(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2015
dovelike:
Nigerians been going all over the world in search of what I don't know.
do u blame dem??huh u should blame dia silly country dats frustrating students 4 no damn reason........
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Totino: 9:15pm On May 15, 2015
snadguy007:
Yeah, if NUC's assertion is true, then its cool. I think the university is owned by Asari Dokubo.
Hello, can u show proof dat HNAUB is owned by Asari Dokubo?
Mind u, for ur info, HNAUB is owned by a parliamentarian-elect, HRM Dada Awiyan Kokpon Houdegbe. So, stop d rumor.

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Totino: 9:22pm On May 15, 2015
Ladies and gentle men, HNAUB is a recognized and registered higher institution both in Bénin Republic and Nigeria.
Last month, a representative of the minister of education (name forgoten) came to the skol to inspect, so, wot a fake news!
This HNAUB just lyk Babcock uni in Nigeria is the first private owned university in Bénin Republic which is owned by HRM DADA AWIYAN KOKPON HOUDEGBE and not Asari Dokubo as people say.
And finally, those perpetrating this act re the so called new two story building university in Bénin owned by selfish and corrupt Nigerian politician(a)!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by boma95(f): 10:47pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

I think u are very s7upid. My post was based on what I heard and what I also saw. I don't no about any other school. It is u that is backward and uncouth. If u wanna address me or correct me do that wivout acting uncultured or as if your parents did not raise u well.

My parents taught me to analyse critically before talking about things am not sure of....unlike you hoe....stupid uncultured geh tongue cheesy
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Setaje(f): 10:50pm On May 15, 2015
boma95:

My parents taught me to analyse critically before talking about things am not sure of....unlike you hoe....stupid uncultured geh tongue cheesy

Your parents did a very bad job. If they taught u well and u didn't listen. Then your mama should have washed u away wiv her menses. instead of u to correct me u started by insulting me. Only classless girls refer to other girls as hoes especially when they no nothing about them. Go choke on your stupidity. Won't reply u again.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by boma95(f): 11:02pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Your parents did a very bad job. If they taught u well and u didn't listen. Then your mama should have watched u away wiv her menses. instead of u to correct me u started by insulting me. Only classless girls refer to other girls as hoes especially when they no nothing about them. Go choke on your stupidity. Won't reply u again.

I'll call you 100 nd one times. . HOE!!!!
You know nothing about class mofo cheesy
Ur dad should have won two condoms
Stupid ones like you "waste of sper. . ."
Awww....I'm sorry bae if that hurts....
I only said you were backward nd needed to upgrade ....which obviously is true...
U came up with the insults...
Bish go nd die grin....
If you quote me again I'll reply you... retard cry
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nickymezor(f): 11:31pm On May 15, 2015
tosag:
Houdegbe surely do not know how to run things. Let them load one or two ghana must go bags to NUC headquaters and NUC would come out the next day to start praising the school.
Lolz . Truetalk..guess dey re waiting 4 ' pepper' smiley
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nickymezor(f): 11:33pm On May 15, 2015
Corlah:
bad belle is allowed but sincerely houdegbe "is not america university" as the student in the school often say . have been there and to me it is not up to standard not worthy to be called a university by nigeria standard . with your waec and cash in hand admission is sure even into law and medicine.
nawa ooo..wat a sch kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Novena University Students Locked Out Of School (Photos) / Student Of Nwafor Orizu College Nsugbe Shot Dead By Cultist (Graphic Pics) / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.