Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students (34053 Views)

NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / BREAKING!!! NUC Warns-dont Study Any Of These Courses In These Nigerian Universi / NANS Warns Students Against Anti-buhari Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 15, 2015
Seriously, and I hjave friends dat attended dat uni.
When pesin no go go cotonou go study, when b say admission na wayo for naija
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 15, 2015
redraw money huh... grin

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Diesel1(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry while I was there I didn't take pictures but I stayed in Accra around weija. Very close to silver bird cinema. There is this ecobank very close to where I stayed. Usually I go there to redraw money and many Nigerians come there to redraw money for school fees and other things. My host later told me there is a university along the major road. So one day I passed there and I saw it was a 2 story building. I don't no why it didn't occur to me to know d name. I was just pissed. Why should Nigerians go to such schools?. I saw another one under construction. Was a three story building and it was clearly written university of something Accra. So am not just trying to spoil their schools, I saw it. I was told that only the university in legon is a real university, the rest are mushroom.
pls stop saying what u don't, have u been to Kwame nkrumah univ, have u been to Zenith univ Accra gh, charley I live in gh so don't psoe too much before I expose u

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by godoluwa(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2015
okooloyun1:
Some student be like, I'm studying in abroad
yeske. even if dem dey somalia, afghanistan, iraq, iran, burundi, car

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Rhozabeth(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerian students, always looking for easy way! Upon all the universities in Nigeria both private and public, wetin person wan go do for Benin republic? I see those that go there as looking for easy ways of earning a degree!

3 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by smokedfish: 2:27pm On May 15, 2015
H
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Godson201333(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
mention one of the story building unis u know of in Ghana

Zenith university Ghana
American winscosin university Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by deloon(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2015
GenIgrigi:
**grins** You will not recognize it because it is a just 3storey building in Benin rep but you will recognize it if it is just a self-contain in UK. Afro mentality.
Shiit. This is a dumb post.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by 360command: 2:29pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Sorry while I was there I didn't take pictures but I stayed in Accra around weija. Very close to silver bird cinema. There is this ecobank very close to where I stayed. Usually I go there to redraw money and many Nigerians come there to redraw money for school fees and other things. My host later told me there is a university along the major road. So one day I passed there and I saw it was a 2 story building. I don't no why it didn't occur to me to know d name. I was just pissed. Why should Nigerians go to such schools?. I saw another one under construction. Was a three story building and it was clearly written university of something Accra. So am not just trying to spoil their schools, I saw it. I was told that only the university in legon is a real university, the rest are mushroom.
I agree with you, but even if you are to take the apex universities in Nigeria seeking to apply for a transfer in a Ghanaian university, they do not respect any nigerian university.. their belief is "university certificate or nigerian education can be bought in nigeria".
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by gbengus17: 2:30pm On May 15, 2015
GO AND TELL THE PARENTS IN THIS COUNTRY, MOST OF THEM MAY NOT KNOW--- THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF THEM THEIR IN THAT COUNTRY.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by AKPOSbaba: 2:31pm On May 15, 2015
NUC dey mad!
Go and fight to reduce fees in Nigeria schools
Na fight wey dem no send una,una dey fight
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by wise7(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2015
snadguy007:
Yeah, if NUC's assertion is true, then its cool. I think the university is owned by Asari Dokubo.
that's not true, dokubo's uni is known as King 'amachiri' University.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Bigii(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2015
when dey returned from dat backyard (cotonou) to Nigeria, dey wil be like '' i'm a foreign graduate'' undecided foreign graduate under my foot tongue
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by lion042(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2015
My wife to be just graduated from there and she's serving now in PH, I hope her certificate will be valid in Nigeria. God help us oooo

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by snadguy007(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
wise7:
that's not true, dokubo's uni is known as King 'amachiri' University.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
Godson201333:

Zenith university Ghana
American winscosin university Ghana

the winscosin I know of if not just a storey building as people imply. And there is also a permanent site under construction. Buffeting for a standard University. The bashing of schools in Ghana and Benin by the Nigerian gov and some people is a very poor approach and means of shifting from the real problem at hand. Trying to find out the faults in the other countries educational system as a mode to lure back the traffic. If Nigeria provided a better option for their citizens there. Am sure you will see majority of Nigerians schooling withing the country. There are also schools in Nigeria. The likes of project time. Etc. Build a good system and the hens will come to roost

3 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by FameG(f): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
snadguy007:
Yeah, if NUC's assertion is true, then its cool. I think the university is owned by Asari Dokubo.

sorry you are wrong here. Asari dokubo 's university is named King Amachree.

Am not really sure who owns Hnaub but what
i know is that NUC just withdrew their accreditation due to reasons known to them. NUC have always accredited d school but for this year. But i got this gist that the school refused to bribe them from an insider in NUC.

Anyways, its not going to affect those in their final year going for NYSC. FYI some have just been called for their call-up letter. This info is mainly for those seekin admissn into the school presently. They shold rather wait till problems have been sorted out.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by FAJFARM(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
Joshuadon:
NUC has started again for crying out loud! why are they enemies of progress, Nigerian students who has craved for admission without any success story due to the vast population or limited universities,who had decided to attempt HNAUB, majority being aspirants of medical courses has saw their dream come true.........

NUC should put more effort into creating more univ which in turn will accommodate more students,IF they want all those long story of theirs to become reality

Did I hear u say "Creating more Universities" Those available in our country are they not enough? What we need is provision of good facilities and eradication of unnecessary strike.

1 Like

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by netmillionaires(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2015
Rhozabeth:
Nigerian students, always looking for easy way! Upon all the universities in Nigeria both private and public, wetin person wan go do for Benin republic? I see those that go there as looking for easy ways of earning a degree!
exactly. It is not because there is no institutions in Nigeria, rather it is because with just WASSCE u can enrol for even a medical course in that benin school. Most of those people I know going to that school are people who can't score a meagre 200 in JAMB yet want to study medicine... They will now come back to nigeria to form doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by richard870(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2015
iamord:
mention one of the story building unis u know of in Ghana
Kindly define a University

Thanks
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Afam4eva(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2015
How can you disapprove a university if it's not in Nigeria. Who are the idiots running NUC. As long as the school is legal in Benin Republic, its none of your business. Face front.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Neyo230(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2015
Nice development from NUC, say NO to cotonou grin cheesy
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by mankand(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2015

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Awoofawo(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2015
Setaje:

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Judolisco(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2015
i heard dat in dat school law is two years...i think this d school olamide was talking about
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by iamord(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2015
richard870:
Kindly define a University
Thanks
your question does not correlate with my question
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by snadguy007(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2015
FameG:

sorry you are wrong here. Asari dokubo 's university is named King Amachree.

Am not really sure who owns Hnaub but what
i know is that NUC just withdrew their accreditation due to reasons known to them. NUC have always accredited d school but for this year. But i got this gist that the school refused to bribe them from an insider in NUC.

Anyways, its not going to affect those in their final year going for NYSC. FYI some have just been called for their call-up letter. This info is mainly for those seekin admissn into the school presently. They shold rather wait till problems have been sorted out.
Thanks for the enlightenment but what's baffling me is that why would NUC go to another country to accredit a university

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Awoofawo(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2015
ferdimako:
redraw money huh... grin
He is speaking Ghana english grin
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2015
Houdegbe surely do not know how to run things. Let them load one or two ghana must go bags to NUC headquaters and NUC would come out the next day to start praising the school.
Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by Corlah: 3:05pm On May 15, 2015
bad belle is allowed but sincerely houdegbe "is not america university" as the student in the school often say . have been there and to me it is not up to standard not worthy to be called a university by nigeria standard . with your waec and cash in hand admission is sure even into law and medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Seek Admission In Houdegbe University, Cotonou, NUC Warns Students by freshchuks10(m): 3:10pm On May 15, 2015
if dey dnt want nigerians to go there,how come nigerians dat schooled there do dia nysc service in naija....nigerians saying something and doing something else

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Novena University Students Locked Out Of School (Photos) / University Of Zambia To Train Students In Witchcraft, To Start With 20 Witches / Summit University Offa, Kwara (Islamic) In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.