Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,313 members, 7,954,252 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? (16235 Views)

At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by donjazzie(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2006
@ mamaput

truetalk
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2006
When they can pay for insurance,mot,road tax,change the tyre and if they can pay for all these then they might aswell pay for their lessons wink
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by Bolarge(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2006
Let's just abide by the law:start learning by 16;start driving by 18 and even then on condition that he/she exhibits commensurate maturity.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by babadee(m): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2006
17 seems a good age
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by LanreDaMan(m): 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2006
My elder cousin and myself learnt how to drive together he was 22 and I was 17 .

I think age doesnt matter,

if an individual is physically and mentally ready for the challenge

HE/SHE should GO AHEAD (But pls with an INSTRUCTOR)
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by Rhea(f): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2006
start driving when ur legs can touch the pedals and ur eye view can see beyond the hood (without a pillow under ur bum bum)
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by hamon(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2007
driving is a serous thing but most poeple dont know this 18 years is okay to start but mind you its a dangerous thing. i started around 16 but men thank God for most of my friends had accident cos they took driving not serously. driving a car is to be included in our school curriculum
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by pathanpowe: 11:30am On Mar 28, 2007
yh umm i heard that in England (Uk) that the driving licence is going to change from 17 to 21 is this correct as i am 16 right now and i dont no if i can drive next year when im 17, ?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by babasin(m): 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2007
At What Age Would You Allow Your Child To Start Driving?

A child should NEVER drive!!!!

Child = a baby or infant. !!!
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by osegwu(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2007
I started driving at age of 9 and at the age of

12 has started moving my Grandfather's 911.

My child, male or female will start driving any time

he or she feels up to it. Don't have any beef about

that
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by abujabooks(f): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2008
16 years.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by smartkez(f): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
Was so determined to drive dat I saw myself driving in my dreams at 15 I was driving n wen I drive pass people D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ will say look @ dat small girl driving n I drive like a man. I think d age don't really matter is d mind.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by Harmored(m): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
I started at the age of 13 and am 16 and am a very good driver but still restrict my driving becos of police I really think the age should be reduced not becos of me but becos am sure there are other teens out there who are also good in driving,like me for example people sometimes do give me their cars,maybe to drop it in their house or go collect car for them becos of the maturity in me,although am tall enough to drive but the age still the problem
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by obontami: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
[size=18pt] when I notice he has started having sex [/size]
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by herrlekan(m): 1:29am On Jan 25, 2016
I believe 18 years is ideal but when you apply for drivers license, you will be given a year license instead of 3 years because you're underage until you're 25 years. Also insurance company will penalise you if your car was driven by someone that is less than 25years at the time of accident.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 25, 2016
As soon as the pedals can be reached.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by tck2000(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
18/19!
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Driving? by adanny01(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Seun:
My child would start driving when she:
- Buys her first car, and
- Is old enough to get a driving license!

Haba oga Seun.

I started driving at 19. My dad's friends used to get angry when they see me driving past them thinking he was the one.

When i was teaching my youngest sister to drive at 18, my father's friend had sons 25, 23 and 21 all couldnt drive.

The embarrassment caught up with him when he fell critically ill in the middle of the night and no one could drive in his house. I was woken up to take him to the hospital at 23. His wife gave me money to buy fuel that morning to give driving lessons to all her children.

Another of my father's friend's bought a new car and his stubborn son who couldn't drive crashed it.

My children will learn to drive at 16 but wont get a drivers license till 20. I will teach them myself (hopefully).

I want them to be able to drive in an emergency and also in case youthful exuberance makes the steal a car for a night out. Its better to know it than not in such situations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chrysler 300, Bentley Look Alike, Suicide Door. Bump! / My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project / Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.