Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

"Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends (7242 Views)

Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) / Jonathan Is Our 2nd "Messiah" After Abacha By A Die hard Buharist / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 15, 2015
In June 2008, Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsallam Abubakar spoke at the 10th anniversary prayer session for Abacha death held in Kano, just a week after Maryam Abacha also declared that they were no basis to accuse her husband of corruption.

General Muhammadu Buhari
"All the allegations levelled against the personality of the late Gen. Sani Abacha will remain allegations. It is 10 years now, things should be over by now." “ten years after Abacha, those allegations remain unproven because of lack of facts”.

General Ibrahim Babangida
"It is not true that he looted public treasury, I knew who Abacha was because I was close to him."

General Abdulsallam Abubakar
"It is quite unfortunate and unfair to accuse the family of the late Sani Abacha of looting public funds. But now, we have been seeing what is happening. Whether we like it or not, Gen. Abacha has done a lot for this country.”

Before The Statements Were Made...
According to Mr. Fabio Baiardi of Charge d'Affairs of the Embassy of Switzerland:
September 1, 2005: First installment of $290 million was transferred to Nigeria

December 19, 2005: Second instalment of $168 million was transferred

January 2006: Third installment of $40 million was transferred at the end of January 2006.

President Obasanjo Disagrees With Them
Also President Olusegun Obasanjo admitted in 2002 to have negotiated with the Abacha government to refund over $1 billion or 80 per cent of their liquid asset in exchange for freedom from litigation.
Obasanjo in May 2002 said: "The first thing we did was to be able to freeze the Abacha family's loot where we were able to get the co-operation of the judiciary and governments of those countries. And what we were able to freeze in real cash and par bonds was close to $2 billion.
"We fought a case in London and we got $150 million or thereabouts released, about 300 million Deutschmark. Then there were little ones like $20 million by another group and that kind of thing.
"That case in London, for instance, cost us (to maintain our lawyer) a little bit over $1 million. The Abacha family's lawyer was paid over $12 million. They were able to pay that because it is not their money. It's your money and my money. But what the lawyer wanted on their side was to go on endlessly and they can do that almost for ever.
"So, our lawyers came and said: 'Well you have a choice to make. We got to a situation where we can get about $1.2 billion and the Abacha family may be $100 million and par bonds of about $300 million. But the value will be about 50 per cent of that because it matures in the future.

The Hypocritical Buhari
This same Buhari that considers the allegations against Sani Abacha as "baseless and lack of facts" is the same Buhari that has been shouting "anti-corruption" and disturbing the peace of Nigerians. He is yet to withdraw the statement nor apologize. Indeed, Abacha is as incorruptible as Muhammadu Buhari.

Resources:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/21/weekinreview/ideas-trends-a-nigerian-miracle.html
http://www.clickafrique.com/Magazine/ST010/CP0000002784.aspx
http://www.spyghana.com/abacha-never-stole-any-money-ibb-and-buhari/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by madridguy(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2015
Brb
Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by DickDastardly(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Elslim: 9:50pm On May 15, 2015
oga Op do justice by adding d jona own to d list nah.... abi u no hear news 2day?

4 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 15, 2015
7 Years after making the statement, the incorruptible Muhammadu Buhari is yet to apologise to Nigerians, neither has he withdraw his statement. We can all conclude that Buhari is as incorruptible as sani Abacha.

cc: Truckpusher, Whynotthetruth, Temitemi1, Anonimi, Dearpreye, SeverusSnape, Francizy Mogidi

Ishilove and Lalasticlala

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by courage54(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2015
GEJ gave the Abacha family a national honour for looting the country

Edited

From the premises of General Buhari's statement, He is not saying that Abacha is not corrupt but that the PDP led federal government has not been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt all the corruption allegations labelled against the Abacha family after ten years of his death. When you say someone is corrupt then you should be able to provide all the facts and figures and prosecute the person accordingly and not by granting national honours to the same family you are accusing of corruption. This is how they have been shouting that Tinubu is corrupt and the same Tinubu has been an opposition leader for more than 8years without any single court action against him for corruption even when the PDP led government has the full control of all the anti-corruption agencies ( EFCC, ICPC, POLICE, NAVY, TASKFORCE, SOLDIERS, E.T.C), how then do you prove that someone is corrupt if you don't charge him to court?

20 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 15, 2015
it is also pertinent to note that Abacha's looting Partner Abubakar Atiku Bagudau/b] is the Governor-elect of Kebbi State under [b]APC's platform. He is a political ally to President-elect Muhammadu Buhari

According to USA Department of Justice...
“General Sani Abacha was the President of Nigeria from 1993 to 1998. During his time in office, General Abacha, Mohammed Sani Abacha, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (Bagudu) and others embezzled and extorted hundreds of millions of dollars from the Government of Nigeria. Abacha and his associates then transported and laundered the proceeds of those crimes through the United States.

“Between January 1994 and June 1998, General Abacha, Aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo (Gwarzo) and others prepared letters requesting funds from the Government of Nigeria, based on the false pretence that they were needed to ensure national security and the stability of General Abacha’s regime.
“In order to execute this scheme, Gwarzo submitted letters to General Abacha in his capacity as National Security Advisor, requesting millions of U.S. dollars, British pounds sterling, and/or Nigerian naira, to address unidentified ‘emergencies’ that threatened Nigeria’s national interest. General Abacha approved these request and disbursed the requested funds.
“These funds, however, were not used to ensure national security or stability of the regime. Instead, these funds were diverted to shell companies and personal accounts created by Mohammed Sani Abacha or Bagudu.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/abacha-looted-2b-u-s-report/

The same Bugudu was given the flag of APC in Kebbi State Governorship election which he won.
http://leadership.ng/news/425436/apcs-atiku-bagudu-wins-kebbi-guber-election

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by LubricatingOil: 9:59pm On May 15, 2015
Usless thread from a poor protection seeking nonentity.

Had Gbawe gave this hungry toad protection, the goon would have been singing another song. Sucks to be a jobless rat for real.

21 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by bossOD: 10:00pm On May 15, 2015
APC the founders of corruption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 15, 2015
bossOD:
APC the founders of corruption.
And they will be shouting of fighting corruption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Seaen(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2015
Boringggg...

11 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by midolian(m): 10:08pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
7 Years after making the statement, the incorruptible Muhammadu Buhari is yet to apologise to Nigerians, neither has he withdraw his statement. We can all conclude that Buhari is as incorruptible as sani Abacha

cc: Truckpusher, Whynotthetruth, Temitemi1, Anonimi, Dearpreye, SeverusSnape, Francizy Mogidi
Apologise for what? Why do you keep wasting your time trying to make mountain out of a molehill.. Na wa 4 u o! What will his apology change? Is his apology going to change the fact that Abacha stole? Is his apology going to return the remaining money(if any) yet to be returned? I seriously wonder why u are making issues outta this..Buhari isn't God, so u don't expect him to be perfect in his actions and statements. He can't always be right. Only God is perfect.. You seriously need to try something else cos you are fast becoming a bad writer out of misplaced hate.

*Spits on thread*

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by chymystique(f): 10:08pm On May 15, 2015
Somebody Sai BabaOneChance! The man oF Integrity who dines with the corrupt that put Nigeria in this mess we are in today and shields them even when the truth is brazenly obvious undecided

4 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 15, 2015
courage54:
GEJ gave the Abacha family a national honour for looting the country
Though irrational decision, GEJ clearly stated that the award given to Abacha was not a certificate of sainthood but to fulfil all righteousness as a former leader. He even explained that over $500 million Abacha loot was spent on rural development. In other words, he confirmed Abacha's loot.

4 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by major466(m): 10:14pm On May 15, 2015
Abacha was not corrup. - Buhari.

When our dear Daura Magician say he will fight corruption, he actualy mean political enemies.

3 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 15, 2015
LubricatingOil:

Had Gbawe gave this hungry toad protection, the goon would have been singing another song. Sucks to be a jobless rat for real.

Why won't it be useless? Cos Jona's name is not there.

After tribalism, politics is the biggest problem in this country. Cos it wipes every common sense from the head and mind of people who engage in it.

The next is corruption!

7 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 15, 2015
vfactor:

Why won't it be useless? Cos Jona's name is not there.

After tribalism, politics is the biggest problem problem in this country. Cos it wipes every common sense from the head and mind of people who engage in it.

The next is corruption!
It is very easy for those people to display their insincerity and tribal bias. Suddenly some of them that have been shouting "Good Governance" either elect to be on Read only mode or behave like the poster you quoted.

7 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Kasiem2: 10:17pm On May 15, 2015
L

1 Like

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 15, 2015
major466:
Abacha was not corrup. - Buhari
Abacha is as clean as Buhari- Major466 grin

Truckpusher ooooo

2 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:21pm On May 15, 2015
Barcanista...don't you remember the CPC alliance of 2011...don't you know where campaign funds came from and the family that funded babaonechance...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
my land...don't trespass
Imagine the number of bullets that would have been flying if it was Jonathan that made the statement and not Buhari... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2015
LubricatingOil:

Just like Buhari gave to Abacha family...
And also wants to give to Sanusi from FRCN indictment on him...
And finally crown it with Bagudu APC governor of Kebbi state and Abacha looting machine abi laundering machine

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Just like Buhari gave to Abacha family...
And also wants to give to Sanusi from FRCN indictment on him...
And finally crown it with Bagudu APC governor of Kebbi state and Abacha looting machine abi laundering machine
As a sharp guy, Sanusi through Pastor Osinbajo went to court to surpress the FRCN report grin grin grin

Ishilove and lalasticlala I de greet o grin grin
Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by major466(m): 10:34pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
APC are only hidding under the cover of anti corruption to pursue their own sinister agenda. When they say they will fight corruption, what they mean is fight enemies. They just subtitute the word 'Enemies' with 'Corruption' to make it more appealing to the public. How can a party with a leader like Tinubu fight corruption Black kettle cannot clean a black kettle.

3 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
Imagine the number of bullets that would have been flying if it was Jonathan that made the statement and not Buhari... grin grin grin

Don't mind them...where's my people? Passingshot, angelsing, philips70, agabaI23 , AhmedMustapha, theVoice, MaziOmenuko and other brethren...come let's chat a course devoid of selective justice and prosecution...

1 Like

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Barcanista...don't you remember the CPC alliance of 2011...don't you know where campaign funds came from and the family that funded babaonechance...

"I brought General Buhari into politics; It’s not that I want to expose him. We did everything to support and encourage him. He called my son Mohammed to join the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC. They rejected Mohammed by force during the governorship race. This was the trend, not only in Kano, but also in Katsina, Bauchi and other states. I think it is not healthy for democracy; not just because of Mohammed but for the smooth play of democratic norms and values."- Maryam Abacha, April 10, 2014
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/158471-interview-how-i-brought-buhari-into-politics-only-for-him-to-humiliate-my-son-maryam-abacha.html

1 Like

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 15, 2015
major466:

APC are only hidding under the cover of anti corruption to pursue their own sinister agenda. When they say they will fight corruption, what they mean is fight enemies. They just subtitute the word 'Enemies' with 'Corruption' to make it more appealing to the public. How can a party with a leader like Tinubu fight corruption Black kettle cannot clean a black kettle.
You can't separate them from hypocrisy...You just can't
Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by asapeola(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2015
Barcanista! I always look forward to ur posts cos u dey always make me laff! Even if ATM chop my money and i remember u, walahi i go just dey smile!!! Sumone called u "the clown of the year" n it aptly sums u up.

Excavating all this history will not change a single second of action which includes d declaration of gmb as d president-elect nor change majority of Nigerians' perception of him! Pdp, ait, ffk, metuh n co did worse n u no how it all went down! Even d same pdp r now pleading with gmb to act a mandela which invariably means gmb shld overlook all they did against him! Like they say: success is the best revenge!

U tried to justify gej's giving abacha a national award buh wat can u say abt d presidential pardon alams got
I am sure if d UK govt hadnt insisted on jailing ibori right there, emperor jonah wld still av given him anoda pardon n perhaps even make him nigeria's high commisioner to the UK!!!

Abacha still had sum iota of shame in stealing dis monies under false headings but under emperor jonah, stealing isnt corruption n it was brazen!

Guy, pls continue to entertain us esp durin dis harsh times! We all need sum gud laff.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2015
midolian:
Apologise for what? Why do you keep wasting your time trying to make mountain out of a molehill.. Na wa 4 u o! What will his apology change? Is his apology going to change the fact that Abacha stole? Is his apology going to return the remaining money(if any) yet to be returned? I seriously wonder why u are making issues outta this..Buhari isn't God, so u don't expect him to be perfect in his actions and statements. He can't always be right. Only God is perfect.. You seriously need to try another thing cos you are fast becoming a bad writer out of misplaced hate.
*Spits on thread*

Hehehehe gringringrin e dey pain you? grin come back and spit more hypocrite!!! rattle snake gringrin come and spit more...anaconda gringringrin

Yes buhari himself and APC made mountain out of statement Jonathan made in his media chat as he was explaining his interaction with CJN...they used it as campaign jingle...Even when Jonathan came back and explained himself better; they still insisted on being mischievous...

Yes! buhari is president elect now; his words will come to hurt and hunt him...gringrin as he will get same support he gave Jonathan...

Maybe because they were funding his campaign in CPC with our money....come and spit again... rattle snake gringringrin

1 Like

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:53pm On May 15, 2015
asapeola:
Barcanista! I always look forward to ur posts cos u dey always make me laff! Even if ATM chop my money and i remember u, walahi i go just dey smile!!! Sumone called u "the clown of the year" n it aptly sums u up.

Excavating all this history will not change a single second of action which includes d declaration of gmb as d president-elect nor change majority of Nigerians' perception of him! Pdp, ait, ffk, metuh n co did worse n u no how it all went down! Even d same pdp r now pleading with gmb to act a mandela which invariably means gmb shld overlook all they did against him! Like they say: success is the best revenge!

U tried to justify gej's giving abacha a national award buh wat can u say abt d presidential pardon alams got
I am sure if d UK govt hadnt insisted on jailing ibori right there, emperor jonah wld still av given him anoda pardon n perhaps even make him nigeria's high commisioner to the UK!!!

Abacha still had sum iota of shame in stealing dis monies under false headings but under emperor jonah, stealing isnt corruption n it was brazen!

Guy, pls continue to entertain us esp durin dis harsh times! We all need sum gud laff.

Hypocrite!!! yes it is entertainment because its about your lord and master...

Alam got presidential pardon constitutionally meant for criminals not saints like Tinubu tongue in state council where buhari and all APC governors are members and approved same by all...

Sure corruption allegation is false and entertainment once the names of buhari, amechi, tinubu, fashola, saraki, bagudu, goje etc and all APC lords are in them...

Keep laughing and but watch gutter because your hypocrisy will get you blinded into falling into one cheesy

Why not research on PDP if you're smart enough? aside screaming unconfirmed propaganda here...

barcanista brought out facts...go bring yours

3 Likes

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 15, 2015
asapeola:

May Ignorance not **** you. When did Jonathan "pardon" Alamesiegha? Is Jonathan the same as Council of State?
Former Chief of General Staff, Oladipo Diya and Former Chief of Staff Supreme Military Council, SMC and brother of the late President, Major General Shehu Musa Yar’adua received a State Pardon from the National Council of State, this afternoon, a source who attended the meeting has revealed to NaijaPundit.

Also pardoned were ex-Major Bello Magaji NA/6604, Mohammed Lima Biu, Shettima Bulama, Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, Major Geeneral Abdulkareem Adisa (Post Humous) and Major Segun Fadipe.

Our source revealed to us that the Council of State, which is comprised of the President, Vice President, all state governors, former Presidents, the Chief Justice of the Federation, the Senate President and Speaker, amongst others, unanimously approved the list of those pardoned today http://247ureports.com/council-of-state-grants-diya-bulama-yaradua-alamieyeseigha-state-pardon/
The emboldened Pardoned Allamnesiegha and it was a Unanimous decision.

Beside, Alams had already served his term... this is no justification for BUhari na grin grin grin

As for Ibori... 21 April, 2010
Warri — Acting President Goodluck Jonathan has reportedly told Inspector General of Police, Ogbonna Onovo, to produce former Delta State Governor, James Ibori, dead or alive, because he is angry that Oghara youths prevented policemen from arresting Ibori on Tuesday.

In the police team were Deputy Inspector General of Police, Ekpoudom Ekpoudom; Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 6, Muhammed Abubakar; and the Delta State Police Commissioner.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201004220697.html

Will you shut up now?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Saint" Sani Abacha By Generals Muhammadu Buhari And Friends by Jesusloveyou: 10:56pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
my brother gej with his cronies like my sister madueke must go to jail, this ur long story cannot prevent gej and his cronies from going to jail. Sai buhari,nothing do u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Not Validly Nominated, Says Okupe / Buhari Challenges Citizens To Expose Corrupt Officials In Government / Peter Obi Should Be Taught A Political Lesson, Atiku’s Daughter Lailah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.