Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones (58703 Views)

BUSTED! Buhari's 'picture' In London Today FAKE - Pics / Buhari Meets With Tinubu & Sikiru Adetona In London Today / Is El-rufai Copying Donald Trump? See Pictures - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Texasquare(m): 1:11pm On May 16, 2015
[img][/img]
cramjones:
I flew into London last night from Boston, and while on one of the London trains, I saw this!

Can May 29th come already? Why will Africa ever develop when we have such wicked, greedy and heartless leaders?

GMB hurry and be our president please.

CramJones

PS: When I served in government whatever corruption that transpired was certainly child's play compared to what has happened within the last 6 -7 years!
[color=]
cramjones:
I flew into London last night from Boston, and while on one of the London trains, I saw this!

Can May 29th come already? Why will Africa ever develop when we have such wicked, greedy and heartless leaders?

CramJones

PS: When I served in government whatever corruption that transpired was certainly child's play compared to what has happened within the last 6 -7 years!
[/color]
cramjones:

CramJones

Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by jmoore(m): 1:12pm On May 16, 2015
queensmith:

can you give us a reliable source for this supposed statement?

2 Likes

Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by mandax: 1:13pm On May 16, 2015
cleatoris:
One of the homes Jonathan and his family, Alison-Madueke, et al inted to pack into after fleeing from Nigeria.
They can't get too far from the long arms of the law.

You start your APC propaganda of falsehood here. You have no proof that Jonathan and Allison have any of those London houses, yet you come here to spread the falsehood like during the last political campaign when you sold to Nigerians and the International community that Jonathan was running the most corrupt administration ever in Nigeria.
With that falsehood last election, Nigeria was returned to military dictatorship and impunity where people steal in millions of Dollars, like during the Abacha and previous administrations, with no questions to be asked.

And a Buhari would tell you that Abacha was not corrupt, and you agreed.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by XRAY21(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2015
cramjones:

Never come to my thread and insult people. I will get you banned if you do so. Kindly stick to the topic.

-CramJones
this is the reason Nigeria will never move forward. Always. Using there position to intimidate others.. Mcheeeew
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by philips70(m): 1:24pm On May 16, 2015
anonimi:

Just as pen robbers can hire lawyers like VP elect Osinbajo to stop any probe of his FRAUDULENT activities in CBN.

Not so

Yes. Any more paranoid delusion?
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 16, 2015
Steal your own.. No need leaving it behind for others to steal. After all the real owners are just looking at AfricaMagic tongue
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
barcanista:
Will he probe those people? Spare me the sermon and answer the question or STFU

Why not focus on who is guilty rather than crying for who will be probed? A criminal is a criminal whether he has colleagues in crime or not. If anyone is fished out, he should not be shown mercy. "anyone"

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by TheOtherview: 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
queensmith:

can you give us a reliable source for this supposed statement?

I am going to post an interesting article on this subject shortly.
It provides a 'plausible explanation' for the repatriation of Nigeria's wealth to other jurisdictions but not necessarily Buhari's gaffe, which he has not addressed formally since 2008.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by remirez07(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2015
That am a very rich biz man from nigeria and I want to buy your house is now A crime? Uk which way naw.... Stop this madness now. There is hundred of nigerians that are very rich with out corruption record, pure business men and women .
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by obynaDmob(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2015
MrCork:
..MA PROFESSIONAL ADVISE AS A LONDONER....U PEOPLE NID TO STOP BLAMIN OTHERS FOR YOUR SLOW PROGRESS & FAILURES.

...STEP UP YOR GADEEEM SWAG LIKE I DID....AND JUSS IN CASE U ASK AGAIN..I DRIVE £28,000 (cash) RANGE ROVER SPOT!!
angry

..no one gives a f*** about u Bruh! Blacks and their unnecessary call for attention. Mr swagoo
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by D9ty7(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2015
cramjones:

Never come to my thread and insult people. I will get you banned if you do so. Kindly stick to the topic.

-CramJones
Ode ni bobo yi sha, shey na your papa own Nairaland?
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by ttmacoy: 1:39pm On May 16, 2015
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by obynaDmob(m): 1:41pm On May 16, 2015
[quote author=MrCork post=33794700]

^^^ SEE YOR HEAD LIKE GUINEAFOWL...WHER ON THE ADVERT DOES IT SAY NIGERIANSARE FRAUDULENT?...SO WOT IF NIGERIANS R BUYIN PROPERTY ABROAD?... MUSS U PEOPLE ALWAYS HATE?...I NO LOADS OF UNKNOWN LEGIT MILLIONAIRES BACK HOME THER IN NIGERIA INCLUDIN HEAR IN LONDON.

...BRO IF LIFE ISNT TREATIN WELL. ..U HAV NO CHOICE IN LIFE THAN TO STEP UP YOR SWAG (NO OFEEENSE)
angry[/
quote]

How can u understand the article when its obvious u have issues reading and writing ...pfft "no ofeeense"
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 16, 2015
What punishment do govt officials get when they steal money? Almost none... The clueless one said stealing is not corruption.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by TheOtherview: 1:43pm On May 16, 2015
The article which I copied in below provides the arguments often repeated by GenBuhari on these boards.
To most objective observers - corruption is corruption. To GenBuhari and some other pseudo-black nationalists, this is not always the case.

When you listen long enough, Queensmith; you will find that the justification for Gaddafi's excesses and various other crimes against the people of Libya, is anchored on the same shore. He was simply off-shoring funds in Swiss Bank accounts for the good of kith, kin, and everyone else. grin Well, so the refrain goes...

Buhari, where did that come from?

Written by Garba Deen Mohammad,
22-06-2008

Sigh! At the last count there had been at least three powerful , damning editorial comments (THISDAY, Guardian, The Nation); and perhaps three times that number of scathing opinion articles on the statements credited to three former heads of state on the late General Sani Abacha, also a former head of state. Two weeks ago, June 8, exactly ten years since the sudden, mysterious death of Abacha, the trio of Generals Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and Abdul-Salam Abubakar, travelled from their respective bases in Kaduna and Minna to join the Abacha family in Kano for what they called the "10th year anniversary prayer" for the late head of state. For the record such period ceremonies are frowned upon in Islam and therefore have no spiritual value for the deceased.

[b]At Gidado Road, where the Abacha family residence is situated, the three former military leaders, joined by the Kano state governor Malam Ibrahim Shekarau among others, duly assembled at the ten-year old grave of Abacha (another sacrilege) and offered prayers for him. That, for lack of a better word, is blunder number one. If those three truly wished to help a fallen comrade, they didn’t need to be so unnecessarily flamboyant about it. The best and purest way to help him would have been for them to remain in their houses, wake up at about 2.30 in the middle of the night, offer at least two Rak’at of prayers and then solemnly beseech God to forgive their friend. That would have been much better for them and for their friend. They know, or at least they ought to know, especially with people like Shekarau, who is supposed to be Sharia compliant among them, that Islam abhors both the ritual of honouring the grave of a perceived or real good man, and other ostentatious attitudes even by the living, less so for its deceased, whose only need is for prayers, and not gaudy political gatherings.[/b]

On the other hand, if they wished to make political capital out of their friend’s death, they could do so; after all, despicable as it is, it is an ‘acceptable’ practice in politics. Once, I was in the company of a well known politician when the news of the death of an important community leader was brought to him. This politician then looked at me, then at his hangers-on and then declared matter-of-factly: "I got to be seen at this funeral"; to which he dragged me. To this day I’m not sure if either of us would get any reward for attending that funeral. So if the trio of IBB and co wished to make a political statement, as it can very well be argued that they did, they ought not to have camouflaged it as a spiritual absolution. Now they reap neither political, nor spiritual benefits.

And if that was a blunder, what followed afterward, by way of their speeches, was a disaster. According to the Daily Trust of Monday, June 9, Buhari was quoted as saying: "All the allegations leveled against the personality of the late General Sani Abacha will remain allegations…" It is true that Buhari did not say, from this statement, that Abacha was a saint, but that was clearly and heavily implied. In any case his ‘loud’ silence over the way the media have chosen to interpret his remark says it all. IBB on his part was reported to have said, in the same publication cited above, ‘that the allegations leveled against the former head of state are "unfounded and baseless". General Abubakar more or less echoed his two predecessors.

Since the remarks were reported many people have wondered what triggered both this strange ceremony that is unwelcomed in Islam and what political objective the trio had hoped to achieved by their unusual and indeed unpopular utterances. Apart from this, one obvious question that comes to mind is this: if Abacha did not steal Nigeria’s money, where the hell did all the billions of dollars his family are sitting on come from? At the last count, the family and some of his cronies had returned about a billion dollars, which is said to represent only a small percentage of what they actually control. What business were they engaged in, before and after their father became head of state that they were able to accumulate so much money in so short a period of time? And what about those who were closely associated with Abacha, either as friends or close aides; all of whom came out of his regime reeking of staggering amount of wealth? Above all how did Buhari allow his reputation, which he had spent a lifetime nurturing to be so cheaply endangered? Does he realize the incalculable damage he’s done to his political fortunes by getting involved in such self-destructive unnecessary mess?

There are two possible explanations, either of which, or a combination of both, is likely. The first has to do with the history of the so-called Abacha loot, as told to me by an insider, a participant and a beneficiary, seven years ago in far away United States of America. About seven years ago, while on a working trip to the U.S., this writer ran into one of the most prominent figures in the Abacha clan. It was in the thick of the persecution of the Abacha family by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and this particular Abacha man was in self-exile in the US. Having made his acquaintance in Nigeria long before Abacha’s death, I sought him out in the States and asked him the true story of the Abacha money, and why he himself was in exile. This was what he told me.

[b]That sometime in 1996/7, when it became obvious to all at home and abroad that Abacha was set on holding unto power through an election in which he would succeed himself, the West, led by US and Britain deiced to impose very stringent economic and political sanctions on the country. In anticipation of that sanction which was designed to turn Nigeria into what Zimbabwe has now become, Abacha gathered his kitchen cabinet and think tank group and challenged them to fashion a way out.

After heavy deliberations, the group decided to look up to Libya for solutions. In 1996 Libya had then spent nearly two decades under excruciating sanctions which it had borne bravely but barely. According to my source, the Libyan leader Col. Muamar Gaddaf gave them his recipe for surviving western sanctions. He advised Abacha to transfer huge amounts of resources to trusted individuals within his political group. Since sanctions are imposed on government institutions, they do not affect individuals. These enriched individuals can then engage in economic activities with corresponding individuals and corporate organizations in other countries, including those from even the countries that have imposed those sanctions.
[/b]

Thus this was how Abacha’s children, namely Mohammed, Abba, and some of his ministers and other top aides came to be in control of so much money. Then suddenly Abacha died, and those ‘anti-sanction’ slush funds became the de facto inheritance of Abacha’s erstwhile trustees. I was inclined to believe my friend, not least because his story made sense to me. How else could Apartheid South Africa, Libya, Burma, North Korea and a few other hapless countries that had run afoul of the West have been able to survive western sanctions? And just as important was the fact that such sharp practice actually tallies with the cynical attitude of the West, which pronounces sanctions in the day and business as usual by night, in order to save their multinationals.

If this line of reasoning had anything to do with why the trio made their infamous assessment of Abacha, then either age is finally catching up with them, or else we should ask them, as did Ibrahim Dangabas, a fellow satirical columnist with this newspaper: "Did they go to school, or does corruption have a different meaning in the army?" By whatever name it is called, corruption is corruption. Whatever his motive, Abacha had no right whatsoever to hand over to his children and cronies monies belonging to millions of people without any kind of security or collateral in the name of some dubious scheme for surviving sanctions. Thanks to him and his clique, now the country stands the risk of loosing all that money for good; not even their fellow Kano people stand to benefit from any of it, as the Abacha family are said to be extremely mean when it comes to social responsibilities.

A second explanation is that perhaps the three former military leaders felt stung and indicted by some of the comments of President Umaru Musa Yar’adua, made during his recent media outing which has generally been adjudged to be a big success by his critics, and therefore felt compelled to respond in kind. To the question of probing former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Yar’adua had responded by saying that as far as he was concerned, Obasanjo had tried his best; that he (Obasanjo) inherited a country that was on the verge of collapse and he deserved credit for rescuing it. Effectively Yar’adua had put paid to any possibility of probing his mentor—and tormentor.

Whether we like it or not what Yar’adua said about Nigeria’s problem and about Obasanjo doing his best is substantially correct. The daunting problem of corruption, the intractable problem of the power, health and education sectors, the decayed infrastructure and many more did not start in1999; those problems took over 30 years to retrogress to their present level and it would be unrealistic to expect solution in just eight years . If Yar’adua should add the enormous political, social and even moral problems that are bound to accompany any probe of Obasanjo, to the great responsibility of trying to solve the problems he inherited he would end up distracted, if not crushed. I believe the past leaders also read between the lines the implied threat and the heavy sarcasm, from the President that as probes go, Obasanjo is not, and should not be the only one to be targeted.

For those of us in the Northern part of the country, we do have even a greater need for demanding that our past leaders be probed more than the rest of the country. And believe me; we have far less grouse with Obasanjo than we have with IBB, Abacha and Abdul-Salam. We should demand to know, for instance, exactly what Obasanjo has done to the North that our own leaders had not done worse during their own tenure. The greatest act of injustice you can ever inflict on a man is to keep him in ignorance. While they ruled Nigeria for most of its 48-year political history, northern leaders of various shapes and sizes have watched sheepishly while the public school system in the region fell apart faster and more appallingly than that of other parts of the country. The result is that the North now has the highest illiteracy rate and poverty incidence in the country. Surprisingly, it is the same northern leadership that still looks at Obasanjo and say, nauseatingly that "HE IS THE WORSE THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE North". And this is the same man who on two different occasions and against all expectations, actively supported and personally handed over power to the same North!

It is painful to admit, but this our so-called leaders certainly have a very low opinion about our ability to sort out the grain from the chaff; to understand where we are coming from, where we are and where we might end up if we continue to swallow up every garbage they feed us. (To be continued)

Source: DailyTrust (2008)
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by NobleG1(m): 1:47pm On May 16, 2015
The thieves drop 6 million pounds for houses they're not gonna live in, while they buy votes from mentally-challenged Nigerians with bags of rice and tomatoes. Shame on Nigerians, you really deserve these thieves as your "leaders".

Most people here on NL, screaming about the story, sold their votes and future to these heartless theives!

I hope Buhari will fight them rather than joining them.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by MrCork: 1:47pm On May 16, 2015
obynaDmob:

..no one gives a f*** about u Bruh! Blacks and their unnecessary call for attention. Mr swagoo

...correction..I have mioney..you don't...My point?..you are a church rat...which is exaccctly why you will need to stepppup yor swaaag (Word of wisdom).

...and please Come back and talk to moi if u have upto £1 Million pound in yor savings account.. (no oofeinse)
smiley
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by lexy2014: 1:56pm On May 16, 2015
Khd95:
[center][/center]Op na lier oooo

he said he flew from london-boston nd he went ahead nd say'while on d train'

ogbeni shey london trains dy fly ni

I tink d CEO of nairaland should introduce E-flogging 2 plank Op like dis one
XPLANATION: D Op said he took a flight from Boston, USA †☺ London, England. After his arrival in London, he then boarded a train. I hope its clear enough?
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by NobleG1(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2015
jmoore:

Buhari's mouth doesn't have a clean history and that scares the hell out of me.

There was also a time he said he wants to ”spread sharia throughout the federation”. This comment is something you would normally expect from a muslim extremist.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by centjamie(m): 2:01pm On May 16, 2015
SkyBlue1:

I don't expect him to spend his whole energy fighting corruption but expect a pro development agenda as well, that is why you have ministers. Besides, it would shock you what setting the right tone can achieve. He has not even gotten into power yet but he is already fighting corruption. People are fleeing the country and NNPC and others are refunding money. Why? Because he has set the tone. When you think there would be no consequences for your action, things carry on the way they have for the past 5 years - Jonathan was very much pro corruption, that was the tone HE set.

You are very correct.Goodluck was very much pro corruption,that was the tone he set when he was elected and that was why corruption increased immensely in his government.

You are very correct again when you said that Buhari has set the tone of anti corruption and consequently,politicians,nnpc and other corrupt bodies are fleeing the country and refunding money.

But i am of the opinion that,for us to completely sanitize the system,and fight corruption to a stand still in Nigeria,our president elect should investigate all our leaders(both past and current) and bring to book any one of them who is found wanting irrespective of their party affiliation.to gain the support and trust of the people,he must,as a matter of importance,start with his party members.each and everyone of them should be subjected to vigorous result oriented investigation to come up with a logical conclusion of whether he embezzled the people's money or if it was a mere assumption.

For us to have a corruption free state,there has to be a complete overhauling of the system.every nigerian leader,both past and present should be a suspect until he is proved innocent.anything short of this is tantamount to hypocrisy.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 16, 2015
mensdept:
Its shameful because the inferior minded Africans can never learn. All the loot they stole from their people, they are giving it right back to those who even gave them their identity as "Nigerians" and have looted them time and time again.

Too bad for Ni.ggas

They NEVER learn! Always proving the Whites right!
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by queensmith: 2:36pm On May 16, 2015
jmoore:

thanks - i'll look for the actual articles
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by wetinhappen(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2015
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Haishophem(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2015
Khd95:
[center][/center]Op na lier oooo

he said he flew from london-boston nd he went ahead nd say'while on d train'

ogbeni shey london trains dy fly ni

I tink d CEO of nairaland should introduce E-flogging 2 plank Op like dis one

Does that mean there's no train connecting other parts of London to Op's final destination?
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by Helkayklassic(m): 2:44pm On May 16, 2015
DollyParton1:

Another olodo.
Lip sealed.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by abiambo(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2015
cleatoris:
One of the homes Jonathan and his family, Alison-Madueke, et al inted to pack into after fleeing from Nigeria.
They can't get too far from the long arms of the law.
MUMU
it has been said here, over and again that if u intend to insult someone, google their name and read about them first, then check your entire lineage if no 1 has achieved what they have achieved, then you r a big fool to go ahead and rain insults on the said person. now GEJ is celebrated in the world over, madueke is the first female president of opec thats if if knw wat it is, and for ur info she still has a job at shell shes returning to after may 29, dame patience is the chairperson of african first ladies forum , i doubt that any body in your lineage can achieve a thousanth of what these ppl u r insulting have achieved and they re still alive. try get sense abeg
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by musicwriter(m): 3:59pm On May 16, 2015
This's all as a result of the western evil scheme of elite brainwashing that's ravaging Africa like a plague.

What's elite brainwashing?.

Elite brainwashing is the last stage of mental slavery http://www.africason.com/2015/05/elite-brainwashing-last-stage-of-mental.html
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by tochstorm(m): 4:26pm On May 16, 2015
someone on page 1 suggested throwing stone at politician. i am suggesting hiring bourne supreme.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:34pm On May 16, 2015
cramjones:

CramJones

You are not in Boston, you coc*ksucker! And you never worked in Govt. Go get a life.

"London trains"? Why couldn't you just say "Tube" like anyone who has spent even a second in London knows to call it?
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by obynaDmob(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2015
MrCork:

...correction..I have mioney..you don't...My point?..you are a church rat...which is exaccctly why you will need to stepppup yor swaaag (Word of wisdom).

...and please Come back and talk to moi if u have upto £1 Million pound in yor savings account.. (no oofeinse)
smiley

buy better phone first ,this one you dey use dey stammer

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by soludo93(m): 4:46pm On May 16, 2015
@OP you are simply stupid without even knowing it. So your GMB would end prosperity in Nigeria or are you cowardly insinuating that rich men in Nigeria stole from Govt treasury? 40% of young millionaires in America are Jews. How do u explain that? You are simply foolish, bigoted and a peasant coward.
Re: See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones by soludo93(m): 4:50pm On May 16, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
You are not in Boston, you coc*ksucker! And you never worked in Govt. Go get a life.

"London trains"? Why couldn't you just say "Tube" like anyone who has spent even a second in London knows to call it?
Don't mind the i.diot. He's annoyingly bigoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier Professes Love For Wife With Bullets. Photo / Meet Roxy Ogechi Ndebumadu Who Is The Chairwoman Of Bowie County, Maryland USA / DSS Arrests Radio Biafra Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.