Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.16th.may.2015 | Never Again! (wordfare) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.16th.may.2015 | Never Again! (wordfare) (364 Views)

Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.28th.march.2015 | The Power Gifts. / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.21st.march.2015 | Why We Tongue! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.16th.may.2015 | Never Again! (wordfare) by ComeBackHome: 7:52pm On May 16, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | SAT.MAY.16th 2015

NEVER AGAIN! (WORDFARE) | Romans 6: 14 (AMP)

“For sin shall not [any longer] exert dominion over you, since now you are not under Law [as slaves], but under grace [as subjects of God's favor and mercy]”

The expression ‘have dominion over’ in Romans 6: 14 (NKJV) is “kurieuō” (koo-ree-yoo'-o) in Greek. This implies to rule - have dominion over, lord, be lord of, exercise lordship over.

In other words, we must never allow sin to exercise lordship over us; for we are no longer under its government – the Law.

Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it? Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives | Romans 6: 1 – 4 (NLT)

It is our duty to constantly remind ourselves this – Sin, 'Never Again' shall you lord over me.

Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will | Romans 8: 5 – 8 (NLT).

Dearly beloved, the one major reason why you should not allow 'SIN' to lord over you is because you no longer under its domain (The Law) - you are under Grace. Grace condones no single sin. Grace teaches us to deny every bit of ungodliness (Titus 2: 11 - 12). However, but as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful Grace became more abundant (Romans 5: 20 – 21). That sounds like Grace rejoices abundantly where Sin abounds.

Nevertheless, take side with this Word - Sin, you are not lording over me. I reign over you. I am no longer under your domain.

NOW, SAY | I reign over every bit of SIN.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I put to death every dictates of the flesh that leads to SIN – AMEN!

V.I.P | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

Land @ Akure Measuring 2387sq Mtrs Is Available For Sale. Price: N12m. / Spiritual Digest For The Day 31st Of May 2015 / Why The Believe That Being Poor Makes A Better Person while the other way Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.