Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? (2024 Views)

They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 10:46pm On May 16, 2015
Pls friends help me out on this issue. My wife love me so much and I don't want to let her down. Time has proved to me that she so much cherished her home more than any other thing and I appreciate her for that. As we all knows that we can not be genius in all aspect, if I should base my wife cooking on percentage she will score 30/100. Now my point is; What is the best way to correct her as I don't want to offend her. I've bought her cooking book yet no improvement, I'm starving as am typing now but the food she dishes is some how salty. Pls your advice is needed?Pls friends help me out on this issue. My wife love me so much and I don't want to let her down. Time has proved to me that she so much cherished her home more than any other thing and I appreciate her for that. As we all knows that we can not be genius in all aspect, if I should base my wife cocking on percentage she will score 30/100. Now my point is; What is the best way to correct her as I don't want to offend her. I've bought her cocking book yet no improvement, I'm starving as am typing now but the food she dishes is some how salty. Pls your advice is needed?
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by cozy7(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2015
Bro, u got a problem, but it's not that a big deal. My fiance had same issue, in fact she admitted to me from day one that she isn't a good cook.....SO I SPONSORED HER TO A CATERING SCHOOL. I SUGGEST U DO SAME.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Merlissa(f): 10:59pm On May 16, 2015
Why not cook with her (that's if your a good cook).

Take her to a catering school

Kindly give suggestions when she cooks Eg honey, instead of 2 cubes of maggi, why not use half cube of knorr

Lastly, tell her straight up! She would cry, but she would sit up!

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by armadeo(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2015
chris4gold:
Pls friends help me out on this issue. My wife love me so much and I don't want to let her down. Time has proved to me that she so much cherished her home more than any other thing and I appreciate her for that. As we all knows that we can not be genius in all aspect, if I should base my wife cocking on percentage she will score 30/100. Now my point is; What is the best way to correct her as I don't want to offend her. I've bought her cocking book yet no improvement, I'm starving as am typing now but the food she dishes is some how salty. Pls your advice is needed?

Cocking?? Is that a new slang?

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2015
cozy7:
Bro, u got a problem, but it's not that a big deal. My fiance had same issue, in fact she admitted to me from day one that she isn't a good cook.....SO I SPONSORED HER TO A CATERING SCHOOL. I SUGGEST U DO SAME.

Thanks, I wouldn't admit it's a problem in as much it can be work on. Your advice has been noted.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2015
Merlissa:
Why not cook with her (that's if your a good cook).

Take her to a catering school

Kindly give suggestions when she cooks Eg honey, instead of Maggi, why not use know etc

Lastly, tell her straight up! She would cry, but she would sit up!
cool shocked
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by valmunich(m): 11:07pm On May 16, 2015
See as my man here dey play with him belle

Lord knows I can't sad

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Penssuwa(m): 11:24pm On May 16, 2015
armadeo:

Cocking?? Is that a new slang?
I believe you knew it was an error b4 quoting him. You should have ignored it like others did.
Op, what she needs is someone to guide her. She need not go to any catering school
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Lovebond34(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2015
catering school will do

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by KanwuliaJara: 11:41pm On May 16, 2015
Then get in the damn kitchen and DO IT YOURSELF! kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by KanwuliaJara: 11:41pm On May 16, 2015
Primitive "cave squirrel "! angry

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 11:46pm On May 16, 2015
Penssuwa:

I believe you knew it was an error b4 quoting him. You should have ignored it like others did.
Op, what she needs is someone to guide her. She need not go to any catering school

Good, will work on that.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 11:47pm On May 16, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Hmmm. .. Yanga wan go market be dat o...
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by DankemzI(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2015
Send her back home, collect your bride price!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by KanwuliaJara: 11:53pm On May 16, 2015
chris4gold:

Ha!

Tolotolo na for "chop" abi?
Ask all the "Thanksgiving-TURKEYS" wey make yanga go market ke!
Na for h-insai oven all of dem h-enter!!!!

Muchechecheche!!!!!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Ha!

Tolotolo na for "chop" abi?
Ask all the "Thanksgiving-TURKEYS" wey make yanga go market ke!
Na for h-insai oven all of dem h-enter!!!!

Muchechecheche!!!!!

E be like say you done press P!!!
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2015
DankemzI:
Send her back home, collect your bride price!

Lols
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by KanwuliaJara: 12:00am On May 17, 2015
chris4gold:

E be like say you done press P!!!

Only "P"? wink
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by armyofone(m): 1:23am On May 17, 2015
Na true she talk. wetin your two hands be for? Only to hold the co..ck?
You never know say the way to a woman's heart is to have a good coc.k and be a great cook? Know now o, you have been told, take that pot and go make a nice dinner cuz ya madam is hungry for a real good food.

chris4gold:

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Ewuro4: 1:33am On May 17, 2015
chris4gold:

Thanks, I wouldn't admit it's a problem in as much it can be work on. Your advice has been noted.

Noted? That's your only solution so Get on it asap and stop complaining.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by freecharles(m): 1:56am On May 17, 2015
Tell her she doesn't know how to cook
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Richy4(m): 2:10am On May 17, 2015
OP, the question is do you know how to cook?

If yes, join her in the kitchen. There is nothing more romantic like a man and woman cooking together. She will learn from you how it is done or how you want it.

But if you do not know how to cook, it will cost you money. As others said enroll her in one of the catering school.

But if you do not have the money, try and swallow it with love smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by cococandy(f): 4:14am On May 17, 2015
If you can do better than her in the kitchen, then cook sometimes too. I'm sure she may feel inclined to improve if you always present better meals than she has to offer.

That and catering school are your options.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Roland17(m): 5:09am On May 17, 2015
Casually inquire if she would be interested in learning new dishes, slowly introduce the idea of catering school, some women are very territorial when it comes to kitchen, the kitchen is like their sanctuary and detest any form of competition in that department, if your wife is one of those, cooking with her or for her might rub off wrongly and your genuine intentions construed.

On a lighter note, ask her to read the food section of this forum, specifically the "cook in your kitchen,make pictures and post it here" thread, she would gather tons of ideas and also awesome forumites who are willing helpers in any dish of her choice.

I bet she wants to make you happy with her cooking, you have to remain patient and persevere while she adjusts especially if she concedes and attempts catering school.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Moana(f): 11:54am On May 17, 2015
Cook with her and make suggestions like " lets use a teaspoon of salt instead of 3 tablespoons" grin

You can be direct with her when her food is too salty or oily you could always ask her nicely after a meal to reduce the oil or salts she uses. Then maybe kiss her on the forehead after you say it, so that she knows that you dont mean any harm.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by focus7: 4:22pm On May 17, 2015
In my own case I believe there are issues I don't pretend on, things like food and dressing. My wife was a good cook when I married her but not completely to my standard, so I had to tell her anytime she prepared a dish I was not satisfy with but with encouragement, like suggesting things she could do to make it better next time, the fact that I was also a good cook before marrying her helped her to improved a lot, today my wife can stand tall at any cooking competition. So I suggest that you come out straight to her in a courteous manner, not condemning her and give her all the encouragement and support she needs, In no long time you will be proud of the wonders she will be bringing out of the kitchen to you.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 4:57pm On May 17, 2015
Can't be mentioning names but i sincerely appreciate you guys. all your advice will be work on. cheers
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

grin, I guess ur hubby brings you breakfast in bed, this is Africa boo, Men don't cook, specially if they have a wife(slave)

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by KanwuliaJara: 11:26pm On May 17, 2015
fem29:

grin, I guess ur hubby brings you breakfast in bed, this is Africa boo, Men don't cook, specially if they have a wife(slave)

Actually he does bring me breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It is called DUTY!!!!
In an African HELL HOLE devoid of LOVE OR RESPECT, duty is a winner any day, any time!!!! kiss
He was trained well by his momma, not me! kiss
Too bad MOST LOST THAT BASIC HOME-TRAINING ALL OVER AFRICA can't be fixed! wink
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 18, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Actually he does bring me breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It is called DUTY!!!!
In an African HELL HOLE devoid of LOVE OR RESPECT, duty is a winner any day, any time!!!! kiss
He was trained well by his momma, not me! kiss
Too bad MOST LOST THAT BASIC HOME-TRAINING ALL OVER AFRICA can't be fixed! wink

Nothing do u kanwulia grin.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by selena(f): 1:16pm On May 18, 2015
Start off by complimenting her on her hardwork,,Then sit her down and tell her in a NICE way that her cooking is not that good,and you could either show her how to cook certain foods you know how to cook and also getting someone that can teach her..If she is the kind of person that accepts correction,then she will appreciate you for it.
Re: How Do I Tell Her That, She IHow Do I Tell Her That, She Is Not Good In Cocking? by chris4gold(m): 5:21pm On May 19, 2015
Thanks mum, advice noted!

(1) (Reply)

Black American Having Trouble With My Nigerian Girlfriend's Father / He Always Threatens That He Will Stop Paying My School Fees / Dont You Think We Need New Generation Of Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.