Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

How Nairaland Really Works - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Nairaland Really Works (1809 Views)

How Nairaland Babes Are Running My Iphone6 Battery Down (pic) / How Nairaland Hot Babe Almost Finish My Sperm Yesternight. See Her Pics / How Nairaland Girls Feel On Romance Section - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 12:08am On May 17, 2015
Hii,

Am not literally new to NL but have got some FAQ's for longer standing members. This questions i seek i clarification to asap before i start imagining things on my own.

1. Have heard people saying PM. What does it me and how ist done

2. What the available means of communication with other users apart from the public thread, and pls dont tell me its through that 1st generation e-mail gateway.

3. Where is seun this days. In time past, he was active in contributing and raising salient issues. But these days.....hmmmm

4. Who are mods and supermods. Where are they? Whats their work? Who appointed them

5. Why are people getting banned on a faceless and public forum?? Who initiates the ban Who decides when its to be lifted?? Is it seun himself

6. What are the criteria for moving a topic to the frontpage. Who does the moving When exactly is it done?? What are the benefit of havin authored a front page post

7. Is there any standard number of posts set aside to make a page

Please i need intellectuals who posses enough knowledge of nairaland to help me out.......

THANKS GUYS, NA YU OOOOOOOOO

3 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by simplymade(m): 12:08am On May 17, 2015
Ah dey come mk I sh1t finish
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 12:16am On May 17, 2015
I am here to learn.

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by emorse(m): 12:17am On May 17, 2015
(1) PM means private msg. You can find the button on the users profile page. It answers (2);

(3) He's very busy these days {na lie. him money don plenty} so he's appointed (4) to run things in his absence. He still pops in once in a while though.

Only (3) and (4) can explain (5), (6) and (7). cos they're in charge here.

I hope this helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by MrNL(m): 12:19am On May 17, 2015
u just told us you are new to nl
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 12:25am On May 17, 2015
emorse:
(1) PM means private msg. It answers (2);

(3) He's very busy these days {na lie. him money don plenty} so he's appointed (4) to run things in his absence. He still pops in once in a while though.

Only (3) and (4) can explain (5), (6) and (7).

I hope this helps.
Ur brain sharp.. complete breakdown

3 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 12:26am On May 17, 2015
cool
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:29am On May 17, 2015
scentmarlc:
Hii,

Am not literally new to NL but have got some FAQ's for longer standing members. This questions i seek i clarification to asap before i start imagining things on my own.

2. What the available means of communication with other users apart from the public thread, and pls dont tell me its through that 1st generation e-mail gateway.

3. Where is seun this days. In time past, he was active in contributing and raising salient issues. But these days.....hmmmm

4. Who are mods and supermods. Where are they? Whats their work? Who appointed them

5. Why are people getting banned on a faceless and public forum?? Who initiates the ban Who decides when its to be lifted?? Is it seun himself

6. What are the criteria for moving a topic to the frontpage. Who does the moving When exactly is it done?? What are the benefit of havin authored a front page post

Please i need intellectuals who posses enough knowledge of nairaland to help me out.......

Lemme try my best to help.

1. PM means Private Message. Its a way of connecting with NL users privately. U can see that on the person's profile page. "Send E-mail message to ...."

2. Well, I'm sorry to say. But that's the answer. The only means is PM.
(If u know this, wonder how u don't know no1).

3. Well, I can't say. He has his life to leave. Only him can give u the best answer.

4. Mods and Supermods are like Police Officers, they enforce law. They look out for crimes and criminals and punish them accordingly.
Seu.n appoints them.
P.S. Supermods have more power than Mods. Mods are like Junior officers.

5. Well, people are getting banned because they violate one or more of this faceless and public forum.
Where there is no law/rule, there is no sin.
These rules/laws are meant to guide our actions here and make things conducive and better.

A mod or Supermod bans a user if he/she violates any rule.
A fellow user can report another user for violating a rule.

The mods themselves decides it.
The mod/supermod banning u decides how long your ban will be.
For each offence I think there is a stipulated time frame.
Also, if u show remorse and you're ready to change, your ban can be lifted.

Nah. Not only Seun. Depends on d person banning u.

6. About the criteria for moving threads to FP, I think it differs.
Some threads actually need a considerable number of posts before they can be moved while some don't.
Example of those that don't need is a thread on a breaking news. U serve it as its hot. No delay.
Also, u must attach a source to any news. It gives credibility. And also check if it hasn't posted before.

Its done anytime its done by the supermod. They just have to pin the thread on the frontpage and give it a title.

Well, apart from popularity and getting more views/advie/opinions on the subject matter, I see no other genuine importance.

7. No. None that I know of. Depends on the kind of thread and the availability of mods to push it for front page and supermod to pin it to front page.

I hope these help you.

Happy Sunday!

8 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 12:36am On May 17, 2015
scentmarlc:
Hii,
1. A PM means a "Private Message". To send a PM, go to the user profile you wish to send a PM to, and click on "send email message to..." If you "follow" that person and the follow you back, they receive your message directly, else, you have to wait for them to get notified about your request, and you can only begin communication with them after they reply you.

To keep your email private, never ever reply a nairaland PM directly from your mail box. Instead, choose the option of coming to nairaland to send a "reply".

2. Read 1. again.

3. Click on his Profile and ask him.

4. They are members like you with added privileges, namely: hiding a post, seeing hidden comments, modifying any comment, modifying any thread, locking a thread and placing a ban on members who break laws on the sections they moderate.

The supermoderators can do all of the above on any section of nairaland. Only supermods can move any thread to Frontpage. Sectional mods cannot.

They are appointed by the admin.

5. The forum has rules. Bans are meted out to the rule breakers. It's basically for orderliness.

Mods and supermods place the ban. They input the duration, and then the ban gets lifted automatically after it's expiration.

6. Basic criteria is interest. Any thread that can pull traffic gets pushed to the frontpage. The supermods do the moving, and it can be done anytime.

7. 32 posts make a page. A thread can have unlimited pages.

7 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 12:42am On May 17, 2015
emorse:
(1) PM means private msg. You can find the button on the users profile page. It answers (2);

Only (3) and (4) can explain (5), (6) and (7). cos they're in charge here.

I hope this helps.
Brother are you from Hon. Patrick's village
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 12:43am On May 17, 2015
MrNL:
u just told us you are new to nl
And?
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 12:48am On May 17, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Lemme try my best to help.

1. PM means Private Message. Its a way of connecting with NL users privately. U can see that on the person's profile page. "Send E-mail message to ...."

2. Well, I'm sorry to say. But that's the answer. The only means is PM.
(If u know this, wonder how u don't know no1).

3. Well, I can't say. He has his life to leave. Only him can give u the best answer.

4. Mods and Supermods are like Police Officers, they enforce law. They look out for crimes and criminals and punish them accordingly.
Seu.n appoints them.
P.S. Supermods have more power than Mods. Mods are like Junior officers.

5. Well, people are getting banned because they violate one or more of this faceless and public forum.
Where there is no law/rule, there is no sin.
These rules/laws are meant to guide our actions here and make things conducive and better.

A mod or Supermod bans a user if he/she violates any rule.
A fellow user can report another user for violating a rule.

The mods themselves decides it.
The mod/supermod banning u decides how long your ban will be.
For each offence I think there is a stipulated time frame.
Also, if u show remorse and you're ready to change, your ban can be lifted.

Nah. Not only Seun. Depends on d person banning u.

6. About the criteria for moving threads to FP, I think it differs.
Some threads actually need a considerable number of posts before they can be moved while some don't.
Example of those that don't need is a thread on a breaking news. U serve it as its hot. No delay.
Also, u must attach a source to any news. It gives credibility. And also check if it hasn't posted before.

Its done anytime its done by the supermod. They just have to pin the thread on the frontpage and give it a title.

Well, apart from popularity and getting more views/advie/opinions on the subject matter, I see no other genuine importance.

7. No. None that I know of. Depends on the kind of thread and the availability of mods to push it for front page and supermod to pin it to front page.

I hope these help you.

Happy Sunday!

Waooowwww, shine bright like a diamond....d tin don dey clear small small. Anyways, thanks abunch. I wud like to read more exposition on this kweshuns oooo.

Oga , thank yu

1 Like

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 12:54am On May 17, 2015
Blackett:
1. A PM means a "Private Message". To send a PM, go to the user profile you wish to send a PM to, and click on "send email message to..." If you "follow" that person and the follow you back, they receive your message directly, else, you have to wait for them to get notified about your request, and you can only begin communication with them after they reply you.

To keep your email private, never ever reply a nairaland PM directly from your mail box. Instead, choose the option of coming to nairaland to send a "reply".

2. Read 1. again.

3. Click on his Profile and ask him.

4. They are members like you with added privileges, namely: hiding a post, seeing hidden comments, modifying any comment, modifying any thread, locking a thread and placing a ban on members who break laws on the sections they moderate.

The supermoderators can do all of the above on any section of nairaland. Only supermods can move any thread to Frontpage. Sectional mods cannot.

They are appointed by the admin.

5. The forum has rules. Bans are meted out to the rule breakers. It's basically for orderliness.

Mods and supermods place the ban. They input the duration, and then the ban gets lifted automatically after it's expiration.

6. Basic criteria is interest. Any thread that can pull traffic gets pushed to the frontpage. The supermods do the moving, and it can be done anytime.

7. 32 posts make a page. A thread can have unlimited pages.

Ohhh blood of God.....big big people are already handling my case. **dancing shoki** . May God bless yur ministry.

#IdeyLearn
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Dolypson04(m): 1:14am On May 17, 2015
scentmarlc:
Hii,

8. Why do silly posts such as "see tonto dikeh showing her cleavages, picture of a nairalander drinking garri make FP whereas sensible ones may not?
9. Why do people type "Cc : Laslasticlala" below their posts ds days, is that a form of referencing to gain FP or bribery?

4 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 6:03am On May 17, 2015
Dolypson04:

8. Why do silly posts such as "see tonto dikeh showing her cleavages, picture of a nairalander drinking garri make FP whereas sensible ones may not?
9. Why do people type "Cc : Laslasticlala" below their posts ds days, is that a form of referencing to gain FP or bribery?

8. Silly threads like that always make front page because they are the ones that garner traffic.
Entertainment news sells and the supermods take advantage of that.
Nairaland is a money making business venture for_seun and he needs a lot of traffic, so he advises the supermods to update the homepage with topics that are sure to bring traffic.

Of course you would agree with me that a thread about a picture of Yvonne Jegede or Cossy Ojiakor's boobs is sure to garner more views and comments than a thread about the decline in infrastructure in the agricultural sector in Nigeria.

9. _Lalasticlala is the number 1 supermod in charge of moving topics to the homepage. That's basically his main job.
Asides moving his own topics, he also peruses through the sections looking for front-page worthy threads to move. That can be tedious and you wouldn't expect him to view all threads.

So people cc his moniker so that he would get the mention and in that way be able to view their threads to see if it's front page worthy and move it if it is.

3 Likes

Re: How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2015
missclasssy:

8. Silly threads like that always make front page because they are the ones that garner traffic.
Nairaland is a money making business venture for_seun and he needs a lot of traffic, so he advises the supermods to update the homepage with topics that are sure to bring traffic.

Of course you would agree with me that a thread about a picture of Yvonne Jegede or Cossy Ojiakor's boobs is sure to garner more views and comments that a thread about the decline in the infrastructure in the agricultural sector in Nigeria.

9. _Lalasticlala is the number 1 supermod in charge of moving topics to the homepage. That's basically his main job.
Asides moving his own topics, he also peruses through the sections looking for front-page worthy threads to move. That can be tedious and you wouldn't expect him to view all threads.

So people cc his moniker so that he would get the mention and in that way be able to view their threads to see if it's front page worthy and move it if it is.
Thankz
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2015
scentmarlc:

Waooowwww, shine bright like a diamond....d tin don dey clear small small. Anyways, thanks abunch. I wud like to read more exposition on this kweshuns oooo.

Oga , thank yu

Good to know.

You are welcome.
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 11:53am On May 17, 2015
scentmarlc:

Thankz

You are welcome.
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Dolypson04(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2015
missclasssy:

Of course you would agree with me that a thread about a picture of Yvonne Jegede or Cossy Ojiakor's boobs is sure to garner more views and comments than a thread about the decline in infrastructure in the agricultural sector in Nigeria.

One of the few sensible replies I have seen from a female nairalander so far! U r truly classy miss!
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 17, 2015
Dolypson04:

One of the few sensible replies I have seen from a female nairalander so far! U r truly classy miss!

Thanks.
Re: How Nairaland Really Works by scentmarlc(m): 12:44am On May 18, 2015
Dolypson04:

agreed

(1) (Reply)

Any Lady Who Can't Cook Egusi Soup Is Not Fit To Be A Wife / Free Taser Gun For One Female Member In Romance Section / Relationships These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.