Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

33years Later: Do You Remember These People? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? (43346 Views)

Can You Remember This Movie, Issakaba? / 55 years later: Do You Remember These Guys / Television Politics: Five Years Later DSTV Is Still Yet To Launch Igbo Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 24, 2015
Focal:
u nid a new tv broz.
Buy 4me nw
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 24, 2015
Actually this movie was based on a 1978 book by Danielle Steel titled The Promise. I am not sure whether they were given copyright permission or not. I have good memories of the movie, though. I got the soundtrack off Amazon - brilliant!
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Omotayor123(f): 1:56pm On May 24, 2015
Lol. I watch am oooo. I remember den we pronounced it as 'Ye Fa Dara'... Lol
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 24, 2015
Atk01:
Wow! Good memories.
On a funny note, about 2 years ago I was watching Seeta Aur Geeta with my mum when she started laughing all of a sudden. I was like this scene isn't funny, so why the laughter? She then explained that in those days when she first watched that movie, there was no subtitle, so she and her siblings were just using idea to follow. What really happened in that scene was totally different from what they had thought, and that made her laugh.

Lol. Those movies came on VHS then, nothing like DVDs or VCD. No subtitles, even if there will be, its gonna be in other Hindu languages.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by millhouse: 1:59pm On May 24, 2015
my first indian film
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 24, 2015
Yes I remember "promise","The burning train",etc. Indian films were very common then in nigeria,later Mexican telenovela like "0the Rich Also Cry",When you're mine" and now lots and lots of Indian movies on Zee world. I recognize some of those faces though.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 24, 2015
op thanks for bringing this movie up. This movie is really awesome....I wish I cud watch it again. Although now I'm a fan of sharukhan.... the dude love movies r epic...e g kuch kuch hotia and kalho na ho.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 24, 2015
docadams:
I HATE INDIAN FILMS. No kissing. No romance. No muchi muchi. Too artificial!
lol. well this new generation Bollywood movies have it all.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by richfaxy: 2:14pm On May 24, 2015
It still remains my best Indian movie till date. I never got tired of watching it.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 24, 2015
sniper77:
na all those action packed Indian movies me dey watch then.Dharan veer,the burning train,amar,Akbar,Anthony.no be the ones wey dem dey play love.

Dude. I was also fortunate to watch that movie too amar..abal...Anthony . action n a Lil comedy.

Damn I miss those old good days now!
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 24, 2015
Sile12:

Best love/romantic movie ever, thats why I brought it here.

What happened at the end?
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 24, 2015
Vanellope:

What happened at the end?
You mean end of the movie?
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by davido0849: 2:30pm On May 24, 2015
Ar u guyz aware dat NOLLYWOOD copied dis same film like 3 to 4 years ago? I 4got d title they gave it. Gosh! Their acting was so boring!

1 Like

Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Grahamjnr(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2015
Drabeey:
Na MARD me watch wella,with dat u might guess my age
We are of the same generation then. Did you watch Too Fan? The horse guy that wind always ushered his arrival? I can't have enough of Gian de ma and Gian d girl! Pardon if I misspelt!
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by heritage4lyf(m): 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
Like the movie die, got all the soundtracks....
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by analo: 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
i really love to watch dis movies again,can never get tired of watching dem
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by pbs4real(m): 2:53pm On May 24, 2015
Drabeey:
Na MARD me watch wella,with dat u might guess my age
i watch MARD wella,wat abt SNAKE GIRL and TERAMEHABANIAN, dt one wey dog revenge him master death. . Gud old dayz i tel u.

2 Likes

Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by pbs4real(m): 2:55pm On May 24, 2015
Grahamjnr:

We are of the same generation then. Did you watch Too Fan? The horse guy that wind always ushered his arrival? I can't have enough of Gian de ma and Gian d girl! Pardon if I misspelt!
haya! Haya! Tofan.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
OP thank you for making me remember Sunita kiss
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by EroticDesigns: 3:18pm On May 24, 2015
Sile12:

Yes, I just wasted MB waiting for you to finish the story.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Trottle: 3:20pm On May 24, 2015
freshvine:
Please who remember "Disco Dancer" and the name of the lead actor
Mithun Chakraborty. nice film.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Trottle: 3:22pm On May 24, 2015
OCHOdee:
I also loved " Love in Tokyo " cheesy cheesy was that the name of the movie?
the title is love in tokyo. the songs. very interesting. sayonara and the rest.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by mekybabe1: 3:23pm On May 24, 2015
One of the most interesting romance movie ever produced. Watched it as a child and still rbr the story like I just saw d movie. grin
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
Mattkent:
op thanks for bringing this movie up. This movie is really awesome....I wish I cud watch it again. Although now I'm a fan of sharukhan.... the dude love movies r epic...e g kuch kuch hotia and kalho na ho.
Yeah sharukhan all the way. Kuch kuch hotai, kalho na ho, kabikushi kabi gum and others. grin
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
Sile12:

Yes. I think I've watched it before but I can't remember. Thanks.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by ajebuter(f): 3:36pm On May 24, 2015
Oh I remember it alright!
Suniat, Vikram and Rita;
Sunita and vikram and their secret handshake and their promise of never leaving eachother until accident wipes out sunita's face and she has another one not recognised by vikram and he marries rita but they recognise each other when sunita sang a sad song and narrates the accident and her loss of her natural face.
Very emotional movie!
Others I love are: ghazab, love in Tokyo, The great Gambler, Jugnu, ande ka noon, amal akbar anthony, loha, Toofan, Mard, Mother India, the Burning Train, sholay.. Good old daysm9lean and decent films until American films took over and brought nudity!

1 Like

Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Ekii(f): 3:36pm On May 24, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

You are such a big rude fool. Its simply amazing how small your sense is. Did he complain to you about his TV?

Please,stop bothering yourself over this guy. Haven't you heard that an empty barrel makes the loudest noise? People like him are so poor but come to social media to act like he's big. Else,common sense will tell him that all hands are truly not equal but he lacks even the basic of sense. You guys are giving him too much importance.
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by kuuljay(m): 3:36pm On May 24, 2015
MzCorleone:

gringrin
My 3 best oldies were/are;
Mard
The Promise and Nagina

Me and my sister watch Mard sotay we come sabi all the songs and the version we had was the Indian version gringrin
lol wetin be the name of that one wey the gurl dey turn to snake sef
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by kuuljay(m): 3:41pm On May 24, 2015
cap28:
Why have you i.diots got Indians on a Nigerian forum, Indians are the biggest haters of black people on this planet and practice a disgusting caste system that allocates the lowest position in society to people with dark skin, you self haters need extreme deliverance sad angry
kid chill we are enjoying our nolstalgia
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by freshvine(f): 3:42pm On May 24, 2015
Trottle:
Mithun Chakraborty. nice film.

Thanks a million. ls he the same character that flew down from a chopper in the blockbuster :Slumdog Millionaire?

The personality the little boy went to see soaked in faeces?
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by kuuljay(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2015
iseyinoro:
Watched this film through our neighbour's window in the 90's.What about Allah Raka,mad,dustinubary,Sholay,Ama-akbar-anthony,Loha,Mother India, terrimabaniyan,Jugnu,disco dancer,burning train etc etc what about these actors:amitab,dramenda,amiskuri,Garba,Mutiu,Allah raka and tesco(s).
Those days were fun jor!!!
you forgot to mention MOGAMBO grin grin grin
Re: 33years Later: Do You Remember These People? by Trottle: 3:49pm On May 24, 2015
freshvine:

Thanks a million. ls he the same character that flew down from a chopper in the blockbuster :Slumdog Millionaire?

The personality the little boy went to see soaked in faeces?
no it was not him. but have forgotten the character's name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Living In Bondage' Sequel, The Ramsey Nouah Connection. Fans Excited! / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) / Photos: Most Terrifying Creatures/Characters/Villains In The History Of Movies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.