Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,542 members, 7,955,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

(photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life (50230 Views)

Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now. / My Journey With ICAN Thus Far, The Hustle Is Real / Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 17, 2015
naijababe:

Where is the lmao emoticon, already! You are talking to am old woman biko
I'm sorry, ma. An adage in my corner of the world says, 'the night will always be ignorant of a noble person whenever he walks in it'.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by mizkeleke(f): 11:28pm On May 17, 2015
Princecalm:
That does not mean if you go into agriculture, you will also make it. All fingers are not equal.
Who says you can't make it in agriculture undecided
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by mikolo80: 11:36pm On May 17, 2015
naijababe:

grin grin grin . Whomever it was that said ignorance is bliss lied. Being ignorant is the greatest crime one can commit against one's self, when you are lucky enough to be sent to school, get more than a certificate
So we are on the same page. Just hope you comprehend cos you seem to just have read it
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 17, 2015
mikolo80:
So we are on the same page. Just hope you comprehend cos you seem to just have read it

Omo see diss, make I waka from this thread.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Etizz: 11:52pm On May 17, 2015
If a SINGLE teacher can't teach all the subject, how do u expect a SINGLE student to understand all the subjects?
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by mikolo80: 11:56pm On May 17, 2015
naijababe:

Omo see diss, make Get waka from this thread.
sorry you feel that way but I no wan nack you direct.but seriously the akeem guy is educated.just not maths and english .that's why we take 10subjects in waec but na only white collar job we all wan do.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Princecalm(m): 12:18am On May 18, 2015
mizkeleke:
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Princecalm(m): 12:19am On May 18, 2015
mizkeleke:

obviously no with that mentality up there.

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by pasol4real(m): 1:27am On May 18, 2015
naijababe:
This is the kind of nonsense people tell themselves to feel all warm and fuzzy over their refusal to get an education!

School rocks, get an education, get a life.
N Wots ur definition of education ?i guess to u it means going to school.Well u are so wrong If u tink dat.
Education is how u learn everyday of ur Life.u learn from ur enviroment,the society, Reading books ,watching tv, even bin here on nairaland is education,in otherwords education is learning every day of ur life.
My point is u donot necessarily hav to be in school to be educated.even most ppl in school end up becoming uneducated.

"The Illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read n write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn n relearn."______Alvin toddler.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by NEROSKY(m): 2:21am On May 18, 2015
naijababe:
This is the kind of nonsense people tell themselves to feel all warm and fuzzy over their refusal to get an education!

What's dis one saying Did you even get education at all The op portrayed that education is pivotal in life and your success in life doesn't depend on education, you claimed you've got education and yet still lack comprehension.. You need to change ur philosophy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 2:29am On May 18, 2015
My opinion: School is a platform which enhances your mind to think dynamically, and tackle complex challenges...

Op even the world's richest man attended school so please rather than encourage mediocrity amongst students, encourage them to do their best...

Nothing compares to Education!!!

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by akinladejo: 3:44am On May 18, 2015
Is good to do business or learn a trade but u will do better when u go to school and later learn a trade or do business. There is A diffrent between who goes to school and who does not. To the person that goes to school is like a man with a sharpen cutlass looking for a bush to clear y the person that didn't go to school is like a man waiting for him to be called to come and clear bush but don't have a cutlass. When d job to clear bust comes who do u think the man that has the job will call between the two seen them on the ground?
I think u can answer that urself.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by kroseewills(m): 4:08am On May 18, 2015
Education is wat is left in us after we've forgotten all we were taught in school.
-Sir Winston Churchill
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by MizFrances(f): 5:02am On May 18, 2015
chuna1985:

key to ?

Key to the city..hehehe
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 6:10am On May 18, 2015
MizFrances:

Key to the city..hehehe

key to poverty n average life...

bus conductors in Enugu make much more money than millions of people who have ur so called key
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Geds: 6:28am On May 18, 2015
It is only when we see education as a means of solving d society's problem and not just a means of getting a job that we can truly value its worth. In developed societies, things a created, ideas are generated and solutions are provided through educated individuals, hence the value for education.

Students and graduates should think more of how they can solve the challenges we face in this country.

Until we do, we will not move forward, nor appreciate the value of education.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by luthorcorp: 7:09am On May 18, 2015
vfactor:
That's to tell u that we have the wrong notion about education and schooling. Teachers and parents no dey try. parent always want their children to come first no matter the cost, whether these children get the needed skills or not. Teachers paint it like your life is doomed when u come last.

But the truth is, if u can't work with your hands and if u re not smarter than just books, nothing for u, whether u come first or last. That's why I like the movie, 3 idiots!

Op I wish I could like ur post more than once! U re spot on. I'll advise u acquire a skill, especially something u love doing. Jobs aint guaranteed in Nigeria, no matter which class u graduate with. A skill will help u during rough times and might become a medium through which God will bless you!
ahhh,i jst cant stop loving dat movie 3 idiots,,,,,,,#silencer spaking in hindi***a nice fart is sweet....lol
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by olayinkaj2(m): 7:39am On May 18, 2015
In conclusion, don't look down on anybody no matter their condition.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by donttouch: 7:46am On May 18, 2015
ralph28:
My dear,if you join him in agricultural business after your graduation, I bet you,with your level of education you'll over take him in two years.

The pen is mightier than the sword. QED.

Na so e dey easy to say
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by davestead(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2015
Obinovictor:
Op, I agree with you to some extent. But education is the key.
Need more clarity? Then watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZmM7zPLyI#
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by davestead(m): 9:02am On May 18, 2015
topygel:
Well, Education is still the best legacy, no matter how, your 2.1 will pay your bill one day
I depends on your own definition of education. Watch this:

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by davestead(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2015
naijababe:

Babe! What he said isn't nonsense, education is definitely different from schooling. Watch this and understand more.

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by davestead(m): 9:09am On May 18, 2015
6ty6ix:

education is d key but not classroom education, dat is what d op means. u can get educated abt hunting by a hunter and become successful thru huntin. u must not graduate 4rm bsu #classroom education is over rated.
God bless you. Enlighten them more.

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by pak: 9:57am On May 18, 2015
Phizzlephizz:
this picture just said everything. I can remember vividly in my primary school days how my class teacher would rain abuses on Bolaji my classmate who always come last in position, and tell us how poor and wretched people like him would end up, and how Franklin was always the talk of the school cuz of his brilliance I really don't know much of there whereabouts now tho but for secondary school the worst student in my class was my bossom friend, Akeem no know book no be lie I made fond of him in his absence and we find it all funny reading his exam scripts as it is filled with jargon, Akeem didn't further his education into tertiary institution he went to his homeland (ogun state) in 2010 just as I left for school. We had a secondary school get together for my set last year Dec. 2014 and the only person that turned up with a car was the olodo Akeem as we usually call him, we were amazed most drinks were on him after the party as usual na as a bosom friend I had d front sit on our way home we got talking and Akeem said he's into Agriculture back home(ogun) and has 1 hectare of land where he planted plantain and he also does fish farming, he also said he's building his own house that was when I got struck in total awe, and am still here struggling for a 2.1 without assurance of a well paying Job after graduation.

With the English you wrote up here, I can understand a bit why Akeem seems to be blazing the trail. No commas no punctuations
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Lekerhymes(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2015
Princecalm:
That does not mean if you go into agriculture, you will also make it. All fingers are not equal.
That's what lazy ppl would say. Make move and see first
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Princecalm(m): 11:21am On May 18, 2015
Lekerhymes:

That's what lazy ppl would say. Make move and see first
you will not just venture into it because you saw your mate doing well in it.
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by kemiola89(f): 12:32pm On May 18, 2015
That's the difference between being brilliant and being smart. cheesy
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Phizzlephizz(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2015
I have seen all your comment and God bless those who understands me. I didn't say education isn't essential, my point is we all wouldn't make it with education, some of us are just intelligent with the books and just so dull socially, you send a dull child to tertiary institution as a parent knowing so well that child has been amongst the worst students of his class all his life and u think you helping him/her all lies. Why not ask the child what he/she loves doing and take him to a technical school, school is essential but let me tell you the certificate you'll be given would only pay your bills and make you, it would never make you wealthy
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 18, 2015
6ty6ix:

education is d key but not classroom education, dat is what d op means. u can get educated abt hunting by a hunter and become successful thru huntin. u must not graduate 4rm bsu #classroom education is over rated.

Thanks a million times.

majority of our people are deceived that ability to read, write and speak a foreign language is the same as "education".

1 Like

Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 18, 2015
interesting
Re: (photo): This Is By Far The Best Definition Of School I Have Seen All My Life by Phizzlephizz(m): 12:10am On May 28, 2015
Obinovictor:
Op, I agree with you to some extent. But education is the key.

School is the lock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta University 2012/2013 Admission List Continues! / IMSU Graduate Drowns In Soakaway Pit While Fleeing From Students Pouring Water / Checkout How This Student 'Padded' Himself - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.