Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare (14601 Views)

Jonathan Made Osinbajo’s Tour Of Niger Delta A Success - Niger Delta Militants / Ogoni Clean-up: Jonathan Made A Mistake – Traditional Ruler / Grave Mistake Jonathan Made In War Against Boko Haram -prof Ango Abdullahi (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by goshen26: 7:17am On May 18, 2015
emmykk:
Pres.Goodluck jonathan lost the presidential election because it was the turn of the north to produce the next president,this was because the death of late Musa Yardua created a situation where both OBJ and GEJ from south was already president and was not because his govt was corrupt than any of the previous govt.

Gej removed fertilizer scam from the nigeria system.

He used software technology to reduce the number of ghoste workers and many anti-corruption system was set.

He still remain Nigeria's best president since 1960.
. wat is this one saying?

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by Nobody: 7:17am On May 18, 2015
Goddex:
Forget about all these people shouting corruption, corruption without proof.

Today, one riff-raff wakes up and allege about a certain billion or trillion missing. So, the only case the Prof could point to is the 225m Oduah case but he has forgotten Fashola's two bullet-proof range rovers actually cost more. He will not talk about those ones.

Nigeria's corruption ranking actually improved under Jonathan according to the last Transparency International ranking. I will rather beleive Transparency International who are experts in assesing corruption than all these APC apologists shouting corruption corruption about

Don't mind the hypocrites.

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by texazzpete(m): 7:21am On May 18, 2015
eaglechild:

And yet Nigeria is less corrupt than it has ever been according to world renowned transparency international.
What an "irony".

Do you not see that FOI laid so many wrongs that have always been there bare.
FOI is the true genuine first step to fighting corruption that has ever been taken and that was by GEJ.

You TANoids keep yapping about the FOI bill... Yet BudgitNG is constantly being refused in their request to get details of the salaries paid to legislators and PWC could not get access to the NPDC and CBN accounts.

LOL

GEJ merely signed into law the FOI bill that was passed by the legislative, a bill sponsored by a member of the opposition (Abike Dabiri). Giving GEJ credit for the FOI bill is just laughable.

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by manuroq(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2015
In a time like this, we can't just sit and watch while we and our future generations are paused by unscrupulous element budgeting most of the money on themselves. Jonathan was too weak
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by InvertedHammer: 7:34am On May 18, 2015
manuroq:
In a time like this, we can't just sit and watch while we and our future generations are paused by unscrupulous element budgeting most of the money on themselves. Jonathan was too weak
/
Jonathan didn't exist.

The cabals made sure that his liquor cabinet was fully stocked.

I thought the alcoholic angle was a joke until insiders made some.jokes about it.
/

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by ba7man(m): 7:36am On May 18, 2015
emmykk:
Pres.Goodluck jonathan lost the presidential election because it was the turn of the north to produce the next president,this was because the death of late Musa Yardua created a situation where both OBJ and GEJ from south was already president and was not because his govt was corrupt than any of the previous govt.

He used software technology to reduce the number of ghoste workers and many anti-corruption system was set.

The Petroleum cabal , oil Bunkerers and millitants were busy robbing Nigeria of Billions of Dollars regularly under GEJ's nose.................you're talking about Fertillizer cabal. undecided

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by ba7man(m): 7:39am On May 18, 2015
M4gunners:
Not after they have rated Jonathan government more transperent than that of Obj and Babaonechance.
Does that explain the almost empty federation accounts and our current debt profile?

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by HKhouseofhello: 7:40am On May 18, 2015
From now on, come and change youself.Confirm the genuine official website of HOUSEOFHELLO, www.houseofhello.hk
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by Nobody: 7:44am On May 18, 2015
Goddex:

Today, one riff-raff wakes up and allege about a certain billion or trillion missing. So, the only case the Prof could point to is the 225m Oduah case but he has forgotten Fashola's two bullet-proof range rovers actually cost more. He will not talk about those ones.

Nigeria's corruption ranking actually improved under Jonathan according to the last Transparency International ranking. I will rather beleive Transparency International who are experts in assesing corruption than all these APC apologists shouting corruption corruption about

I de pity for u....chei,,see as ur life be...if corruption in Nigeria was reduced during Jonathan's regime then may all d bad things in ur life be handled just d way Jona handled corruption

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by TheOtherview: 7:49am On May 18, 2015
anonimi:

You are only talking about bullet proof cars for Fashola, what about-

- Sunborn yacht hotel N 8 billion 'bad business'?
- Aloku scrap metal Totonto trains of $ 1 billion World Bank loan yet to be seen four years after?
- $90 million World Bank education loan that disappeared?

Why do you regale in telling lie after lie on this forum?
Was Fashola personally indicted on any of the points you listed?

Why is it that you seldom address any issue of corruption without trying to shift the focus elsewhere?

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by M4gunners: 7:50am On May 18, 2015
ba7man:
Does that explain the almost empty federation accounts and our current debt profile?
I thought you are of the educated one's in nairaland? Are we talking about federation debt here or Corruption? Ur answer will definitely let you know you are looking talking out of point.
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by Nobody: 7:52am On May 18, 2015
emmykk:

I don't believe it,,so people like u still exist in dis century??....ur foolishness is un quantifiable...dis disease u hv called ignorance is deadlier than ebola

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by TheFilmmaker: 7:53am On May 18, 2015
cramjones:
I also stated that if PEJ or GEJ have a complete coronary block (God forbid) that would require a bypass surgery, they would be dead before the air ambulance gets to Germany.

Perharps more shocking to corroborate my earlier asserstion of foolish people ruling us: PEJ said that they wanted to sacrifice her for GEJ to win. For her to have even said this in public, it means that GEJ also believes it, because as the person directly involved, both must have discussed about this sacrifice, and certainly GEJ was not hearing of it for the first time yesterday.

-CramJones

You really believed this brother? grin
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by sphinx54: 7:55am On May 18, 2015
Goddex:

Thank God you believed there was corruption.
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by vtsouthpaw(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2015
Corruption+Impunity+Nepotism = GEJ government

Thank God he is out.....countdown to may 29

It is high time we held our leaders responsible for dia actions and inactions wen in public office.

God bless my beloved Naija!!!
Forward ever, backward never!!!

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by felixuzuh(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2015
I taught as much. This was a gathering of bad-belle south westerners. When ever the people of the southwest talk about the PDP, they make it look as if GEJ was the only PDP president that ever led this country. We all know how OBJ sold the bakassi peninsula to cameroon, for a bowl of porridge. Yorubas will never say anything about that. We all know the trillions of naira the OBJ government wasted on the power sector, with nothing to show for it at the end of the day. Yorubas aren't talking about that. If this tribalistic writer thinks stella odua should really be behind bars, why not head to the court of law? Anambrarians elected stella because they belived she's the best they have, so if the writer is mad about that, let him go and drown in the lagoon. The south west has gotten the change they wanted. They should now enjoy their change and leave GEJ alone.

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by anonimi: 8:00am On May 18, 2015
TheOtherview:

Why do you regale in telling lie after lie on this forum?
Was Fashola personally indicted on any of the points you listed?

Why is it that you seldom address any issue of corruption without trying to shift the focus elsewhere?

Careful what you ask for!
Let me give you just one sample of what I wrote about the strikingly corrupt, highly inept gang of THIEVES in Alausa house holding Lagosians in bondage since 1999 shocked shocked

[img]http://3.bp..com/-0cjSRaVqdv4/TWEJI4eES7I/AAAAAAAAAO8/nZkAaHlM5IE/s1600/sunbornyatch2C.jpg[/img]

Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht deal, bad business — APC

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-business-apc/
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by emmykk(m): 8:01am On May 18, 2015
KingEli:

I don't believe it,,so people like u still exist in dis century??....ur foolishness is un quantifiable...dis disease u hv called ignorance is deadlier than ebola
he did cure the ebola disease that would have kill you.

Something america even came to learn how it is cured

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by anonimi: 8:03am On May 18, 2015
eaglechild:
Oh he got an award from "clueless " GEJ and you are acknowledging it.

Bro na so confusion dey make person na grin grin
Abeg make you allow me reprint your old quote o jare smiley

eaglechild:
We can't complete Lagos light rail project

We obviously can't complete Lekki international phantom airport.

And you will be the biggest fool to think that we can complete Eko Atlantic.

Use your head people where do you think we are getting all the money we are using to sponsor Buhari undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079192_fasholaa_jpegfc425dbc9482db4d2098e4dd5e8bee75

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by anonimi: 8:05am On May 18, 2015
sphinx54:
Thank God you believed there was corruption.

Can you name just one country where there is NO corruption

If you can't then you are simply an ignorant IGNORAMUS for the above statement!!!
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by TheOtherview: 8:09am On May 18, 2015
anonimi:

Careful what you ask for!
Let me give you just one sample of what I wrote about the strikingly corrupt, highly inept gang of THIEVES in Alausa house holding Lagosians in bondage since 1999 shocked shocked

Focus on the issue at hand instead of cart wheeling all over the place.
The issues you raised have previously been discussed at length on these boards.

edogirl2:
Sorry, this is way longer than necessary, but with nairaland, it is sometimes necessary go long.

I was very much involved with the Yacht in question - right at the highest level. I had meetings with very high level officials of the bank that financed the purchase, and as such had access to tons of real and genuine information and documents concerning this yacht. I know the names of the owners, and I was on the yacht up to a few weeks before it was sold.

I can tell you a lot about this yacht.

BELOW IS THE 100% TRUE STORY OF THE YACHT!

______ The 'Princess' Sunborn yacht hotel was constructed around 2002 by Sunborn International Finland.

______ Sunborn International placed and managed the Yacht in London docklands up till 2007 or thereabout.

______ Around 2007, a Nigerian team made up of a former AD - turned PDP (?) Senator and his partner bought the yacht.

______ Purchase price was ridiculously above true market value and transaction was financed by a local bank (name withheld).

______ By & large, the loan was secured on the yacht itself! No other security!! - very common amongst banks during the Soludo bubble.

______ The Senator was able to use his lingering contact with ACN govt in Lagos, to get the then Lagos State commissioner
for tourism to throw govt embrace around the project on the basis that it would boost tourism and raise Lagos's international profile.

______ On the day the yacht arrived in Lagos, thousands of Lagosians and several state officials and the said commissioner were there before TV cameras smiling and basking in the glory of this new toy that would catapult Lagos's international standing to new heights.

______ Unfortunately, by the time it arrived Lagos, the owners had spent so much buying it, they had nothing left to run it. And the bank would not lend a kobo more! To make matters worse, the two buyers fell out over how to take the business forward.

______ Few months passed, then years. Now the yacht was becoming so badly degraded that it risked becoming a health hazard.

______ With AMCON on the rampage, and rumour sipping out about the shoddy nature of the financing of the yacht purchase, the financing bank, wanting to avoid public embarrassment, decided to exercise its right to sell.

______ By mid-2012, the bank put the yacht up for sale.

______ The senator protested placing warning notice in some national newspapers against anyone buying. But he couldn't pay the bank what he owed it, so the bank paid no attention.

______ After several months on the market, the bank found an Asian buyer. The Yacht was quietly towed out of Lagos I believe on boxing day 2012 with most people getting wind only after the yacht was out of Nigerian waters.

Based on what I know, the yacht cost around N4.5 billion, but the bank got back less than 20% of that money.

Moral of the story

1. Lagos State did not invest one kobo in the yacht and so Lagosians have lost nothing
2. Tinubu had nothing to do with this yacht
3. This was a private project that failed largely because of financial incapacity, greed and infighting between two owners
4. The big loser was the lending bank which got back a fraction of what it lent and has no prospect of getting more from the debtors.

Apart from Keyamo’s claims huhuonline.com can also reliably inform the world that Afikuyomi duped Mr. George Ani of an undisclosed millions of naira. Ani gave him the money in trust to procure land for him at a choice area in Lekki and Ikoyi but the unsuspecting George was swindled by Afikuyomi and no compensations or refund was made to his victim.

However the current scandal hanging on the neck of the Senator-turned-Commissioner, Tokunbo Afikuyomi as well as the AC led Lagos Government is the case of the Sunburn Yacht Hotel. Initially, at the launch of the vessel, Afikuyomi made public statements that the procurement of the 105-bed floating hotel was a public private partnership (PPP) initiative.But at another event, Fashola, the sitting Governor denied that the state was not in any way involved in the purchase of the vessel. When the vessel was brought down to Lagos, Afikuyomi at the launch stated that, that will be the first of its kind in Africa and it would put the state in the league of the first five leading economies of the world with similar hospitality facility and tourism earnings capabilities. The hopes were that the floating hotel would revive the tourism sector in Lagos State. He also claimed that the hotel would put Lagos on the same pedestal as major tourist melting pot like Paris, New York, Barcelona, and Helsinki, also describing the transfer of the hotel to Lagos as a significant achievement by the Governor Fashola administration.

Afikuyomi has earlier boasted that winning the bid for the yacht, over other cities that bided for it is a reflection of the “combination of talents, assets, resources and potentials” of the state government and private sector. Surprisingly, the earlier promise of the yacht hotel has failed to materialize, instead, what Afikuyomi seems to have managed to do is trigger what may become the worst public relations challenge for Fashola’s administration. Besides the yacht it still a shadow of itself it has not been refurbished the facilities inside are eye-sore, and no clear cut ownership has been defined yet. Though the state government denied being involved in the procurement, but now, some of the opposition parties in the state, the Democratic People’s Alliance (DPA) and Peoples’ Democratic Party PDP recently accused the state government of lack of sincerity and open deception to the good people of Lagos State who have suffered all sort of taxes from the government that is not wearing human face.It was also gathered that Afikuyomi was the one who wrongfully advised the State Government to introduce 5 percent consumption tax to all Hotels in Lagos. Meanwhile about 100 hotels have teamed up and sued Fashola Government to Court over this 5 percent consumption tax and they were lucky enough because the law Court granted them all their prayers.

The vessel was designed by Lasse Heikkinen, a Finnish ship architectural company and bought from its former owners Sunburn International, Finland. Before it was brought to Lagos, the yacht was reportedly taken to Brazil for refurbishing for an undisclosed amount. Since the yacht was built without an engine of its own, it has to be towed to whatever destination it is taken to. Dockwise Yacht Transport (DYT), a yacht logistics company, conveyed the Sunburn Yacht Hotel to the country for N80 million. Could it really be that Afikuyomi is the sole owner of the vessel? Since the state government has denied being involved in the deal, definitely, Multi-Purpose Infrastructural Development Company (MIDC), the company that facilitated the yacht deal can be said to be the owner of the ship.A source who elected anonymity told huhuonline.com that the purchase of the yacht was facilitated by fictitious company flouted by Afikuyomi was actually the the company that bought the sunborn Hotel and that it was facilitated by Diamond Bank. Investigations are still on by huhuonline.com to unveil the name of the company, the supporting documents and names of individuals who ‘fronted’ for Senator Afikuyomi

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/1581471/truth-lagos-sunburn-yacht-hotel

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by eaglechild: 8:14am On May 18, 2015
texazzpete:

You TANoids keep yapping about the FOI bill... Yet BudgitNG is constantly being refused in their request to get details of the salaries paid to legislators and PWC could not get access to the NPDC and CBN accounts.

LOL

GEJ merely signed into law the FOI bill that was passed by the legislative, a bill sponsored by a member of the opposition (Abike Dabiri). Giving GEJ credit for the FOI bill is just laughable.
Please don't display your ignorance.

The FOI bill was one of the oldest pending bills since 1999 till passage.

If know anything about the bill, then you will know that OBJ refused to sign it in 2007. So GEJ could have done the same but chose not to.

What you wrote is very laughable because the original bill is older than Abike Dabiri. Even though she helped push the course.

Read below.

Tortuous Routes to Passage
Since 1999, when the journey began, the bill held the
record of being the oldest legislation to pass through
the legislative process in the National Assembly. Aside
the fact that it encountered stiff resistance from
successive administrations starting from former
President
Olusegun Obasanjo, former members of the parliament,
had struggled hard to scuttle its passage.
The closest the bill came to enactment was in 2007,
when it was passed by both chambers of the
legislature and sent to Obasanjo for assent, but he
refused to sign the bill. Today the rest is history but
nothing seems to have changed.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerians-and-the-freedom-of-information-act/202967/

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by anonimi: 8:21am On May 18, 2015
TheOtherview:

Focus on the issue at hand instead of cart wheeling all over the place.
The issues you raised have previously been discussed at length on these boards.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/1581471/truth-lagos-sunburn-yacht-hotel

That one na story by the very good SCAM artists of Thief'nuibu cabal.

My post is very related to this corruption thread, abi nor be corruption thread be this again
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:22am On May 18, 2015
anonimi:

How does that translate to supporting corruption
Yet when Buhari said the cases against Abacha are mere allegations (which is legally true), yet you go about saying he said Abacha wasn't corrupt.
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by texazzpete(m): 8:31am On May 18, 2015
eaglechild:

Please don't display your ignorance.

The FOI bill was one of the oldest pending bills since 1999 till passage.

If know anything about the bill, then you will know that OBJ refused to sign it in 2007. So GEJ could have done the same but chose not to.

What you wrote is very laughable because the original bill is older than Abike Dabiri. Even though she helped push the course.

Read below.

Tortuous Routes to Passage
Since 1999, when the journey began, the bill held the
record of being the oldest legislation to pass through
the legislative process in the National Assembly. Aside
the fact that it encountered stiff resistance from
successive administrations starting from former
President
Olusegun Obasanjo, former members of the parliament,
had struggled hard to scuttle its passage.
The closest the bill came to enactment was in 2007,
when it was passed by both chambers of the
legislature and sent to Obasanjo for assent, but he
refused to sign the bill. Today the rest is history but
nothing seems to have changed.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerians-and-the-freedom-of-information-act/202967/

Sadly, you TANoids are relentless in your quest for im'becility.
Did I say anything about the origin story of the bill? I pointed out that the current FOI that was passed was sponsored by Abike Dabiri. You go on to confirm that it indeed was sponsored by Mrs Dabiri...so why insult your betters?

Whether or not GEJ signed it into law, the fact remains that the heavy lifting was done in the legislative, and a bill that was weaker than originally intended - and weaker than the version OBJ rejected - found its way to GEJ for signature. Even OBJ would have signed this version of the bill.

This whole discussion stemmed from your desperate bid to tie GEJ's signing of the bill to his nonexistent 'fight against corruption'. FOI bill was passed in 2011, yet the NNPC cabals, Oil bunkerers, solid mineral crooks, ministerial embezzlers and state-sponsored scams were still allowed to run unimpeded.

You cannot revise history. We voted out this Government for their ineptitude towards the fight against corruption. Continue to shed salty tears up until you see GMB take the Oath on May 29th.

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by eaglechild: 8:31am On May 18, 2015
anonimi:

That one na story by the very good SCAM artists of Thief'nuibu cabal.

My post is very related to this corruption thread, abi nor be corruption thread be this again
No mind those hypocrites.

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by Nobody: 8:37am On May 18, 2015
goshen26:

gbagaun........."HOW MUCH DID STELLA STOLE"

It's embarrassing isn't it? Guess who said it.
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by seangy4konji: 8:38am On May 18, 2015
We all know that...
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by Intendy: 8:47am On May 18, 2015
Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by Intendy: 8:48am On May 18, 2015
theV0ice:
^^^

Don't tag everyone who points out wrongs in Jonathan's govt as APC. Google up Prof Niyi Osundare and you'll see the guy isn't just another talker.

Chinua Achebe wasn't tagged APGA or PPA when he castigated OBJ and his government
why responding to a f00l on a Monday morning?
that's why they don't succeed in their endeavours

Re: Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare by anonimi: 8:49am On May 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Yet when Buhari said the cases against Abacha are mere allegations (which is legally true), yet you go about saying he said Abacha wasn't corrupt.

Did you actually say legally true
Your Daura President idol made his Abacha "sainthood" statement in 2008, not so?
Perhaps he was blind, and dumb not to have seen, heard or read about these news, apart from supposedly being privy to intelligence reports as former Head of state and employee of Abacha on PTF =>

Swiss Banks To Return Abacha's Loot Next Month

Friday, June 30 , 2000
Swiss banks to return Abacha loot next month, says Obasanjo
>From Emeka Nwankpa, Geneva

NIGERIA'S loot recovery drive may not be a shot in the dark afterall, according to President Olusegun Obasanjo who yesterday raised hopes of
retrieving, by next month, some huge sums stashed away in Swiss banks by the late Gen. Sani Abacha and his aides.

Such looted funds currently in Swiss banks and some other European countries have increased to about N300 billion ($3 billion), the president added at a press conference in Geneva, Switzerland after delivering an address at the on-going 24th session of the United Nation's (UN) General Assembly.

Flanked by Senate President, Chuba Okadigbo and Foreign Affairs Minister Sule Lamido, President Obasanjo thanked the Swiss government for
cooperating with Nigeria in her time of need and pleaded with other nations to emulate the country, hitherto believed to be a haven for
illegally acquired money.

The money to be repatriated next month, he said, would form the first batch traced by government in an exercise co-ordinated by the National
Security Adviser, Lt.-Gen. Aliyu Mohammed Gusau.

-- THE GUARDIAN --

More from: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/soc.culture.nigeria/ir8xYdjITPI

There are more oh about recoveries before the BabaOneChance of a FAKE drug sold to a sick nation made his senseless pronouncement in 2008!!!

Aisha Buhari Shares Maternity Kits In Lagos / 2023: INEC Contemplating 2 Months Extension For Conclusion Of Primaries / N712bn Unaccounted For By Officials Of Presidential Amnesty Programme – NSA

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87